Death Squads Game Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Official Community of the Fan-Made 40k Skirmish Wargame Death Squads!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Prisoner Exchange - WiP Photos!

Go down 
+20
The ISH
cody20
VonHagel
StyrofoamKing
Lord GreyWolf
dr!zzt
moggd
Kiwi
Skeller
edward
Da Eavy
mudboy
MathiasDark
way-of-the-warrior
Laney
Sandormen
DoZer
Da Bank
Dysturbed
Mordheimer
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

Prisoner Exchange - WiP Photos! - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prisoner Exchange - WiP Photos!   Prisoner Exchange - WiP Photos! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon May 17, 2010 6:14 am

No problem, Edward... you need to sign up? Wink Please post the info (see 1st page!) And avoid double-posting!
Back to top Go down
http://www.DeathSquadsGame.com
MathiasDark

MathiasDark

PostSubject: Re: Prisoner Exchange - WiP Photos!   Prisoner Exchange - WiP Photos! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon May 17, 2010 6:05 pm

I'm having to take a few days from painting my Prisoner =[
I nearly had to be admitted to hospital today because of complications with my Diabetes, brought on by my throat ulcers...one complication is that my sight's got about 5 times worse, even with my glasses on I can barely see across the room =[

I'm hoping to be getting back to painting asap, ideally over the next couple days, end of the week at the latest

Sympathy muchly appreciated =[
Back to top Go down
DoZer

DoZer

PostSubject: Re: Prisoner Exchange - WiP Photos!   Prisoner Exchange - WiP Photos! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon May 17, 2010 6:06 pm

sympathies to you our fellow brother across the pond.
Back to top Go down
Da Bank

Da Bank

PostSubject: Re: Prisoner Exchange - WiP Photos!   Prisoner Exchange - WiP Photos! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon May 17, 2010 6:16 pm

Servo skull...mmm good idea....
Back to top Go down
mudboy

mudboy

PostSubject: Re: Prisoner Exchange - WiP Photos!   Prisoner Exchange - WiP Photos! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon May 17, 2010 8:08 pm

@MathiasDark; No worries. I'm sure everyone will understand if your prisoner is going to be a couple of days behind.

I'm almost ready to prime mine. So close, yet so far...
Back to top Go down
Da Bank

Da Bank

PostSubject: Re: Prisoner Exchange - WiP Photos!   Prisoner Exchange - WiP Photos! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon May 17, 2010 8:10 pm

Mathias: No worries. Like Mudboy I still need to prime and paint as I left all my painting stuff in Atlanta. Yes, I am a dumbass. I found all the bitz I need save one small one and I will be ready to paint.
Back to top Go down
Dysturbed

Dysturbed

PostSubject: Re: Prisoner Exchange - WiP Photos!   Prisoner Exchange - WiP Photos! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon May 17, 2010 10:40 pm

Prisoner Exchange - WiP Photos! - Page 4 DSCN0355
Prisoner Exchange - WiP Photos! - Page 4 DSCN0356
Probably the last update you will get till it's shipped.
Oh and here is the concept art this is pulled from.
Prisoner Exchange - WiP Photos! - Page 4 5394sannindireavengers5uj
Tip for folks though use a blue or grey background it lightens the models up immesly as you can see in this picture. Wish I had a whiter bulb for this lamp though the grass is a bit greener than in the picture and the dark parts are alot blacker.
And im probably going to end up taking that hand painted dire avenger symbol on his helmet off and replacing with the back decal cause the bottom part is offcenter and it looks bad, unless I get my printable decal transfer in, in time to use it on the model and base the way I want to.
Back to top Go down
moggd

moggd

PostSubject: Re: Prisoner Exchange - WiP Photos!   Prisoner Exchange - WiP Photos! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon May 17, 2010 11:42 pm

Wow! these are amazing models, I feel ashamed that mine will have no conversions. I beg for forgiveness.
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Prisoner Exchange - WiP Photos!   Prisoner Exchange - WiP Photos! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue May 18, 2010 6:33 am

WOW! The bar is high for me now! Sad I better get cranking! Superb model, dysturbed... simply outstanding!
Back to top Go down
mudboy

mudboy

PostSubject: Re: Prisoner Exchange - WiP Photos!   Prisoner Exchange - WiP Photos! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue May 18, 2010 1:02 pm

Aaahh the glue on the base is drying and primer is the next step. Now I'm just hoping I'll be able to uphold the standards of you guys(I'm looking at you dysturbed Shocked ).
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Prisoner Exchange - WiP Photos!   Prisoner Exchange - WiP Photos! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue May 18, 2010 1:13 pm

@ dysturbed: I just re-examined the picture... take a 2nd look at the "feathers" on the hat!!! They look weird! In a good way I mean... the model has an 'uneven' feel to it. Maybe its me... I'm getting old. Regardless... the model looks better the more I see it!
Back to top Go down
Dysturbed

Dysturbed

PostSubject: Re: Prisoner Exchange - WiP Photos!   Prisoner Exchange - WiP Photos! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue May 18, 2010 1:14 pm

shading and highlights on the brush are not done yet. i keep repainting it cause i not happy with my dry brush technique on it.
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Prisoner Exchange - WiP Photos!   Prisoner Exchange - WiP Photos! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue May 18, 2010 1:18 pm

But is the effoct on top of the 'feathers' on the hat what you described on your blog? The thing with the sand? I just re-read the entry and made sense.
Back to top Go down
Skeller

Skeller

PostSubject: Re: Prisoner Exchange - WiP Photos!   Prisoner Exchange - WiP Photos! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue May 18, 2010 2:04 pm

Holy crap Mathias, feel better man!

Here's a few pics of my WIP prisoner.

Prisoner Exchange - WiP Photos! - Page 4 KurtzDSPEfrontblurred

Prisoner Exchange - WiP Photos! - Page 4 KurtzDSPEfront

Prisoner Exchange - WiP Photos! - Page 4 KurtzDSPEback

Prisoner Exchange - WiP Photos! - Page 4 KurtzDSPEright

He's a rather scruffy renegade with a huge shotgun, made with bits from six different kits. He's outside drying his primer coat right now. Probably get some paint on him tonight.

Last edited by Skeller on Tue May 18, 2010 2:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.goblinminimart.com
mudboy

mudboy

PostSubject: Re: Prisoner Exchange - WiP Photos!   Prisoner Exchange - WiP Photos! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue May 18, 2010 2:12 pm

WOAW he look's evil! Freakin nice model Prisoner Exchange - WiP Photos! - Page 4 Jawdrop
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Prisoner Exchange - WiP Photos!   Prisoner Exchange - WiP Photos! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue May 18, 2010 2:26 pm

@ Skeller: Amazing! Great model... what is he?!? I mean, beside UBBER cool!

@ MathiasDark:
MathiasDark wrote:
I nearly had to be admitted to hospital today because of complications with my Diabetes, brought on by my throat ulcers...one complication is that my sight's got about 5 times worse, even with my glasses on I can barely see across the room =[
OHH MY! Sorry I missed this man! Take care of your self man! Hope you get better soon! Wish you the fastest, most trouble-free recovery!
Back to top Go down
Skeller

Skeller

PostSubject: Re: Prisoner Exchange - WiP Photos!   Prisoner Exchange - WiP Photos! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue May 18, 2010 2:38 pm

He is Kurtz the renegade guardsman, underhive variant.

One Pig Iron head.

One WFB skaven storm vermin body with clipped toenails.

One set cut down space marine scout shotgun arms.

One modified piece of imperial city runs.

One piece of pipe from a train set kit.

One ork pouches bit.

It's not my original idea. I learned the basics of it from Rob at Spikey Bits blog. I don't play WFB so I didn't even know storm vermin existed. I just put my personal spin on it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.goblinminimart.com
Laney

Laney

PostSubject: Re: Prisoner Exchange - WiP Photos!   Prisoner Exchange - WiP Photos! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue May 18, 2010 2:43 pm

Skeller - another great model is added to the exchange. What's the body from (looks almost skaven)? Question Answered Cheers

Mathias - hope you are better soon, look after yourself.

Cheers Laney (I might have to post some WIP pics - even though I said I wouldn't!)
Back to top Go down
MathiasDark

MathiasDark

PostSubject: Re: Prisoner Exchange - WiP Photos!   Prisoner Exchange - WiP Photos! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue May 18, 2010 4:00 pm

Cheers guys, I'm feeling a bit better today. Managed to get myself sorted out a bit, so hospital's more than likely out of the picture now =]
Still not focusing properly so painting's a no no...I'm so bored without doing things for Death Squads haha
Back to top Go down
Da Eavy

Da Eavy

PostSubject: Re: Prisoner Exchange - WiP Photos!   Prisoner Exchange - WiP Photos! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue May 18, 2010 4:09 pm

Glad to hear that you're on the mend. I hope you get back to a fully functional state soon.
Back to top Go down
way-of-the-warrior

way-of-the-warrior

PostSubject: Re: Prisoner Exchange - WiP Photos!   Prisoner Exchange - WiP Photos! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue May 18, 2010 4:21 pm

mathias i was going to have a mental brake down because your are my master and im your minion lol and u are to cool to be in pain to awsome to get hurt but u did HOW!!! god your cruel to mathias why
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Prisoner Exchange - WiP Photos!   Prisoner Exchange - WiP Photos! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue May 18, 2010 4:46 pm

ATTENTION!!!

Notes to everyone have been PMed regarding where to send your Prisoner on JUNE 15th. If you have NOT received a note, is because I'm waiting on some particular information... some of the addresses look funny, and I want to make sure I send the EXACT information.

THANKS!
Back to top Go down
MathiasDark

MathiasDark

PostSubject: Re: Prisoner Exchange - WiP Photos!   Prisoner Exchange - WiP Photos! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue May 18, 2010 6:30 pm

hehe cheers Guys, I'm still not 100%, but I'm feeling a lot better than I did even yesterday =]
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Prisoner Exchange - WiP Photos!   Prisoner Exchange - WiP Photos! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed May 19, 2010 12:23 am

I was forced to find this...

http://www.bitboost.com/ref/international-address-formats.html

This page gives the right mailing FORMAT for several countries. Please check the address I sent you against this format as well as the postal service of the country you are mailing to (Google it!)... if there is a discrepancy, PM the person and ASK! If they are careless enough not to know their own address, then they do not deserve a surprise.

This is time consuming for me... and I should not go that far.

PS: YES, I'm angry...
Back to top Go down
dr!zzt

dr!zzt

PostSubject: Re: Prisoner Exchange - WiP Photos!   Prisoner Exchange - WiP Photos! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed May 19, 2010 5:14 am

damn... painting of my little chosen one might be little delayed... I and my neighbors had some trubles... Prisoner Exchange - WiP Photos! - Page 4 Wielka_woda_wasze_zdjecia_4180383
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Prisoner Exchange - WiP Photos!   Prisoner Exchange - WiP Photos! - Page 4 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Prisoner Exchange - WiP Photos!
Page 4 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9, 10, 11  Next