Death Squads Game Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Official Community of the Fan-Made 40k Skirmish Wargame Death Squads!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Howdy, I'm new

Go down 
+2
Mordheimer
moggd
6 posters
AuthorMessage
moggd

moggd

Howdy, I'm new Empty
PostSubject: Howdy, I'm new   Howdy, I'm new I_icon_minitimeSat May 15, 2010 8:01 pm

Hello,

I am new to Death Squads, I have yet to play a game. However the rules look amazing, I can't wait to try them out. I have been reading the forums for awhile but decided I would like to get involved with the prisoner swap going on. It is a great idea. I have played Warhammer for about 10 years and just recently got involved in 40000k. I like the small squad combat best. I found Death Squads on Tom's Boring Mordheim site and have checked here often ever since. I look forward playing DS and making friends of this great hobby.
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

Howdy, I'm new Empty
PostSubject: Re: Howdy, I'm new   Howdy, I'm new I_icon_minitimeSat May 15, 2010 8:50 pm

Welcome Brother!

If you play Mordheim, you will find Death Squads very easy to learn. There are few things that are different, but all the big changes are under the hood (math). Feel free to join the conversations. Remember that Death Squads is also YOUR game!
Back to top Go down
http://www.DeathSquadsGame.com
Da Bank

Da Bank

Howdy, I'm new Empty
PostSubject: Re: Howdy, I'm new   Howdy, I'm new I_icon_minitimeSat May 15, 2010 9:06 pm

MOggd

Welcome! Yes Tom's forum is great. We don't post as much on their with Death Squad stuff so we don't distract from Mordheim. Though as you will notice we still post a few things. Many of the TMBF people that have also jumped on the Death Squad band wagon have been a very supportive group.

Great to have you as part of the team and hopefully you have a group to play with.

Regards,

Da Bank
Back to top Go down
moggd

moggd

Howdy, I'm new Empty
PostSubject: Re: Howdy, I'm new   Howdy, I'm new I_icon_minitimeSun May 16, 2010 1:34 am

I've not been able to find anyone here that plays, however I've got my buds that I play Mordheim and WHF with so I'm hoping to talk them into this.
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

Howdy, I'm new Empty
PostSubject: Re: Howdy, I'm new   Howdy, I'm new I_icon_minitimeSun May 16, 2010 1:59 am

They will like it... Smile
Back to top Go down
Da Bank

Da Bank

Howdy, I'm new Empty
PostSubject: Re: Howdy, I'm new   Howdy, I'm new I_icon_minitimeSun May 16, 2010 7:41 am

Yes that they should.

Let me tell you a little story about a poor moutainer that barely kept his family feed. Oops, I mean another story.

As you know Mordheimer is a big Mordheim player and created largest website with all the Mordheim reference material. It contained more articles than the original SG Website. Then Da Bank, Marienburg Player (Mordheim) The Bank of Marienburg(Nick name) Da Bank loves Mordheim but wanted to play something sci fi.

One day Mordheimer and DaBank decided to play something different it was Space Hulk but our version of Space Hulk. Between Mord and myself we kept changing the rules on the fly and then Project X was born and now named Death Squads.

If your friends like skirmish but are not sold on 40K this is the best avenue for someone to get involved in sci fi skirmish gaming.

Regards,

Da Bank
Back to top Go down
Lord GreyWolf

Lord GreyWolf

Howdy, I'm new Empty
PostSubject: Re: Howdy, I'm new   Howdy, I'm new I_icon_minitimeSun May 16, 2010 8:13 am

welcome to the Death Squads forum board.

Starship troopers rock!!!

I was recruited from TBMF. its all Mord's fault.... then again he's stuck with me on here now [mmmwwaahhh]

so what Death Squads are you planning on setting up?

any questions you have or just need some advice let us know. We are a friendly bunch [some are super dooper friendly ]

sit back relax and enjoy the ride.....

Cheers
LGW
Back to top Go down
VonHagel

VonHagel

Howdy, I'm new Empty
PostSubject: Re: Howdy, I'm new   Howdy, I'm new I_icon_minitimeSun May 16, 2010 9:05 am

Welcome aboard son... The mobile infantry made me the man I am today.

Blood Angel Blood Angel Blood Angel
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

Howdy, I'm new Empty
PostSubject: Re: Howdy, I'm new   Howdy, I'm new I_icon_minitimeSun May 16, 2010 9:07 am

VonHagel wrote:
Welcome aboard son... The mobile infantry made me the man I am today.

HAHAHA!!! That was awesome!
Back to top Go down
Da Bank

Da Bank

Howdy, I'm new Empty
PostSubject: Re: Howdy, I'm new   Howdy, I'm new I_icon_minitimeSun May 16, 2010 1:36 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_ikuRlPBIU&feature=relatedHowdy, I'm new Watch?v=T_ikuRlPBIU&feature=related
Back to top Go down
moggd

moggd

Howdy, I'm new Empty
PostSubject: Re: Howdy, I'm new   Howdy, I'm new I_icon_minitimeSun May 16, 2010 6:03 pm

Love Starship Troopers. I have some Space Marines and some IG so probably will go with either of those. Don't have to many scouts though, so narrowing it down, most likely IG. I will probably have to let my friends borrow some of my models until they become sucked into DS and I talk them into buying their own.
(Crosses fingers, and toes)
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

Howdy, I'm new Empty
PostSubject: Re: Howdy, I'm new   Howdy, I'm new I_icon_minitimeSun May 16, 2010 6:24 pm

HA! That is the spirit!
Back to top Go down
Sandormen

Sandormen

Howdy, I'm new Empty
PostSubject: Re: Howdy, I'm new   Howdy, I'm new I_icon_minitimeTue May 18, 2010 8:50 am

Welcome!

It is nice to see a steady increase of new members!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Howdy, I'm new Empty
PostSubject: Re: Howdy, I'm new   Howdy, I'm new I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Howdy, I'm new
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Death Squads Game Forums :: Forum General Information :: Welcome Mat-
Jump to: