Death Squads Game Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Official Community of the Fan-Made 40k Skirmish Wargame Death Squads!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

VonHagel's Cryx (pic heavy)

Go down 
+2
MathiasDark
VonHagel
6 posters
AuthorMessage
VonHagel

VonHagel

VonHagel's Cryx (pic heavy) Empty
PostSubject: VonHagel's Cryx (pic heavy)   VonHagel's Cryx (pic heavy) I_icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 1:20 pm

VonHagel's Cryx (pic heavy) Cimg2710

Finally got around to take some pictures.

In regards to the the paint job these guys was a real challenge, as I wanted to do them fast, so I practised my speed painting to get them done in a hurry.

They need scatter leafs which I haven't got yet so the bases are not done yet obviously.

But I am pleased with the result so here they are:

Warcaster Denegrah
VonHagel's Cryx (pic heavy) Cimg2711

Seether Helljack
VonHagel's Cryx (pic heavy) Cimg2712
VonHagel's Cryx (pic heavy) Cimg2713
VonHagel's Cryx (pic heavy) Cimg2715

Bonejack
VonHagel's Cryx (pic heavy) Cimg2716
VonHagel's Cryx (pic heavy) Cimg2717
Back to top Go down
MathiasDark

MathiasDark

PostSubject: Re: VonHagel's Cryx (pic heavy)   VonHagel's Cryx (pic heavy) I_icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 1:22 pm

*drools* seriously cool work dude!
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: VonHagel's Cryx (pic heavy)   VonHagel's Cryx (pic heavy) I_icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 1:43 pm

THAT is awesome speed painting! Wow... great Warmachine/Hordes models! Excellent work man!
Back to top Go down
http://www.DeathSquadsGame.com
cody20

cody20

PostSubject: Re: VonHagel's Cryx (pic heavy)   VonHagel's Cryx (pic heavy) I_icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 3:34 pm

I have to say i hate going against cryx mostly because of thralls

VonHagel's Cryx (pic heavy) 100_3114

VonHagel's Cryx (pic heavy) 100_3115

VonHagel's Cryx (pic heavy) 100_3116

VonHagel's Cryx (pic heavy) 100_3117
Back to top Go down
DeafNala

DeafNala

PostSubject: Re: VonHagel's Cryx (pic heavy)   VonHagel's Cryx (pic heavy) I_icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 4:59 pm

PRETTY COOL STUFF! Of the War Machine factions the Cryx are tied with the Mercenaries as my favorite...you got to admire Living Impaired Babes that take pride in their appearance. While you may want to go back & do some detail work...or not...at a later time, the speed paint turned out some VERY NICE pieces. WELL DONE! What a Face
Back to top Go down
VonHagel

VonHagel

PostSubject: Re: VonHagel's Cryx (pic heavy)   VonHagel's Cryx (pic heavy) I_icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 7:17 pm

@MathiasDark: thanks, and you can stop drooling now, it doesn't suede you or your mohawk Razz .

@Cody20: Talk about jagging a thread, naa it's ok man, I don't mind, I see you went for the traditional colour scheme as well, I've painted a Destroyer I'll photograph soon and show you.

@Mordheimer: thanks for the kind words man.

@Deafnala: I love me some undead babes as well Deaf. One of the things that attracted me to Cryx to begin with.

In regards to the models paint job, it has been such a big challenge for me to not spend
hours on end on every detail on these models, I'm a perfectionist and I am working on getting models done, instead of having a few very well painted models. So I don't know if I will come back to them, a part of me is starting to say it's ok, and they look good enough, though I will always have a inner struggle cause I know I can paint them better...

I just started painting a model with NMM for the prisoner exchange, which I find super rewarding, but not really helping in the speed vs Quality equation..

check it out, it's in the WIP post for the prisoner exchange under news and announcements.
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: VonHagel's Cryx (pic heavy)   VonHagel's Cryx (pic heavy) I_icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 7:26 pm

Ahhh... I remember my 1st Speed Painting experience. It used to take me 25-30 hours of work PER MODEL. I though it was normal... then I went to Games Day and accidentally signed up for the Speed Painting. I got a little Chameleon-like dude (from WHFB). 15 mins to paint, and we had to 'obey the rules'... crazy rules like "put on mittens and paint"... WHAT?!? Hehehe.. My personal favorite was "switch hands"... so half of that model was painted with a mitten right hand and half with my left hand. I learned to relax when I paint... the importance is the journey, not the speed!

Keep the awesome work man!
Back to top Go down
http://www.DeathSquadsGame.com
Lord GreyWolf

Lord GreyWolf

PostSubject: Re: VonHagel's Cryx (pic heavy)   VonHagel's Cryx (pic heavy) I_icon_minitimeTue May 01, 2012 5:51 am

nice Cryx...

I have a Cygnar, Mercs and just getting into Legions.

My Cygnar is my main faction I play, waiting on a few of the new wrath jacks to arrive soon... [Minuteman]

I take it you've been drooling over the Colossal's?

keep up the great painting...

Cheers
LGW
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: VonHagel's Cryx (pic heavy)   VonHagel's Cryx (pic heavy) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

VonHagel's Cryx (pic heavy)
Page 1 of 1