Death Squads Game Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Official Community of the Fan-Made 40k Skirmish Wargame Death Squads!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Holla from Victoria Australia

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Bestia

Bestia

Holla from Victoria Australia Empty
PostSubject: Holla from Victoria Australia   Holla from Victoria Australia I_icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 10:18 am

Hey guys

I`m Bestia ... I came over after seeing Grey's post over on our BB forum (ausbowl.com)

Now cause I am in country Victoria .. I dont have many people who play any war games (working on converting some D&D players)

But I have 1 guy who is reading the rules ... and we should have our first game some time soon

But due to my old job (I`m currently a full time dad) I got some skill in Excel so if you need any help with that ... let me know

I am also looking at getting a start on SM and Inq for you guys (Game design is a hobby of mine ... written 3 RPGs) so helping with that ....

Once I have convinced the D&D players to come over .. I`ll post my Battle reports .... and I have what I think is the perfect Beta Tester in our group ... he makes a point of attempting to pushing ever system we have ever ran to the limit (including mine ... he made a first level char that could kill a lvl 10 NPC, until I closed a few loop holes)

On top of that .. I am fairly active in 2 40k Podcasts communities ... Imperial Vox Cast (www.imperialvox.com) and Dice Like Thunder (www.Dicelikethunder.com) and I have posted a link to this site on both their forums ... (I see you Joe ..Just Kidding)

So anything I can do to help ... let me know

Bestia
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Holla from Victoria Australia   Holla from Victoria Australia I_icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 12:15 pm

Welcome! Great to have you around man! As you could have probably guessed, we take great pride in our communal effort. More than people making rules, we need people BREAKING them! HA! So far, the system seems pretty solid... but nobody can break systems better than players. Very Happy The Development of Death Squads never stops (no matter how much 'vacation time' we claim be on!) so once the new Squads come out, we would definetly have some work for you stress-testing the Squads to the limit.

Make sure to read the rules, and get a few basic games with your buddies. Questions may arise... which is good. We will do the best to tackle them, as well as to make sure that TLRB is better explained, so others get the information clearly. You may then have few recommendation... even better! Remember that we are no spring chickens (we have been tackling Death Squads for almost 2 years) and there are several things that are the way they are because we have either try another approach (and proved it does not work) or there is a mathematical reason why we designed it the way it is. There is a LOT of Ninja Designing involved... things that move the game, but the typical player will never see. This means that you may find that some of your observations (that seem perfectly logical at the moment) may not look as good after those Ninja Designs are exposed to you.

All in all, remember that this is YOUR game too! Enjoy it, and have fun! ... and once again, WELCOME! cheers
Back to top Go down
http://www.DeathSquadsGame.com
Bestia

Bestia

PostSubject: Re: Holla from Victoria Australia   Holla from Victoria Australia I_icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 12:30 pm

Game breakers ... .

I have already emailed the LRB to 2 of my D&D players ... saying .. I want this broken, come raid my modeling room ... and break it ... Just Kidding

And just found out 1 of my D&D players also plays 40k but refuses to play 5th ed (dont ask I dont understand) ... but this has gotten him painting models again (A phone call at 1am asking if I had a pot of blood red) So look forward to a number of reports
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Holla from Victoria Australia   Holla from Victoria Australia I_icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 1:07 pm

Hahaha! Good to hear... I also retired from 40k. The Blood Angels Codex is too much... Smile
Back to top Go down
Lord GreyWolf

Lord GreyWolf

PostSubject: Re: Holla from Victoria Australia   Holla from Victoria Australia I_icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 4:27 pm

hiya Bestia glad you could come on over to the Death Squads side....

look forward to hearing your battle reports and seeing some of your squads.

let me know if anymore guys are wanting to come over from the Ausbowl site..... we can take over this forum [mmmmwwwaaahhhh]

*cough*sorry just got carried away....

glad your here let us know if there is anything we can do for you....

Cheers
LGW
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Holla from Victoria Australia   Holla from Victoria Australia I_icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 5:57 pm

I don't mind... I can practice my (horrible) Aussie accent, MATE!
Back to top Go down
Da Bank

Da Bank

PostSubject: Re: Holla from Victoria Australia   Holla from Victoria Australia I_icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 6:35 pm

Welcome!

Your enthuasism already is great!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Holla from Victoria Australia   Holla from Victoria Australia I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Holla from Victoria Australia
Page 1 of 1