Gretchin Revolushunairy Kommitte Counts As Imperial Renegades
When the Ork Gods Gork
reveal the proper "omenz" to the Weirdboyz, the Orks will gather and set of in a big Waaagh!
across the galaxy. During these crusades, the Orks will drag their lesser knfolk, known as Gretchin
, or Runts
, along with them across the galaxy, a slave race to do the menial tasks which Orks consider themselves above.
Most Gretchin are happy enough in their role. They bear little resentment towards their superiors, for them Orks are just a fact of life. Individual Gretchin can enjoy a relatively comfortable existence by providing valuable services to their Ork masters. Most Grots are owned by Orks as personal servants, though some gather together into loose tribes that may even own functional weapons and equipment. The Gretchin have created an entire enterprise culture of their own within their Ork-dominated society. Many Gretchin operate their own black-market businesses on the side, such as selling fungus-beer, roasting squigs on sticks, coordinating the bets when a fight breaks out or looting corpses for fun and profit.
Orks use Grechin mobs in battle to do everything from minefield clearance to meat shield to living carpet. Some "lucky" Gretchin get to crew Orky artilary known as Big Gunz, and while they are not on the front llines of battle, crewing Big Gunz often come with hazards such as electrocution, dismemberment, and almost assuredly deafening of the crew. Other uses for Gretchin in battle includes their piloting of Killa Kanz, smaller, Gretchin-crewed Deff Dreads, into battle, and their use as turret gunners on vehicles and emplacements. They sometimes also accompany Ork Warlords and Flash Gits as ammo runts, follow Mekboys into the fray as oilers, and run around as orderlies to Painboys. A caste of Oddboyz known as Runtherds acompany the Gretchin into battle, and they are often needed to keep the Gretchin from fleeing the battle. These Orks ofen employ Squig-hounds and Grabba-Stiks to keep their charges in line
There is a faction known as Rebel Grots
who had too much of their rough treatment and rebelled against their masters. Because of their organisation skills they could sometimes build and maintain war machines and artillery. The leaders of these rebel grots secrettly form themselves into Da Kommitte
, a group of gretchin who led the rag-tag revolushun
. They campaign for equal rights between Orks and grots, and they do this in the most traditional manner of greenskn socety: rampant violence; Attacking ork warbands, raiding and looting human settlements, stealing tek from Mekboyz, assassinating Nobs, and generally causing as much havoc as possible. Due to the odd quirks of greenskin evolution - where conflict and battle causes the creatures to grow tougher and stonger - many rebel grots become equivalent to a fully-grown adult human in terms of strength, constitution, and fighting spirit, making them a surprisingly tough opponent for the Ork Boyz who expect to deal with them as easily as any common runt. While many Orks regarded the very concept of a gretchin rebellion as hilarious, any number of Ork Nobz have led their Deff Squads off to fight and put down da revolushun... and they were never seen again. Who are Da Gretchin Revolushunairy Kommitte?
Da Kommitte rules over the rebel grot squad, dictating what happens and planning raids and "kovert operatunz". A mysterious and possibly apochraphal gretchin known only as Da Red Gobbo
is considered the true head of Da Intergalatik Revolushunairy Kommitte. Da Kommitte in a game of Death Squads represents a smaller, local uprising, and is led by a Head Honcho
, the leader of the Rebel Grot squad, and a collection of aides and officers collectivly refered to as Da Kommitte. Next in the chain are those rebel grots who are "true believers" in the rebel cause known as Grot Militia
, followed by whatever other grots the rebels were able to trick, bully, or pressgang into the fight along side them.Why play Da Gretchin Revolushunairy Kommitte?
Rebel Grots are a great choice for a play who wants to play a greenskin force with a twist. Compared to the Ork Mobz rebel grots are weakier individually, consideribly closer to Imperial Guardsmen than proper Boyz. Their main advantage lies in the variety of weapons and their ability to advance, either in stats, ranks, and/or equipment as well as gubbinz
, and their above average income potential. Their main disadvantage is their unreliability in combat, as the strength of belief in Da Revolushun of any given gretchin can frequently waiver when the first opportunity to run and hide appears.
A successful Squad can look forward to advancing the goals of Da Revolushun: Today, the warband; tomorrow, the Waaagh!What is the concept behind Da Gretchin Revolushunairy Kommitte?
Rebel Grots are short, sadistic, and wacky pseudo-Marxist revolutionaries in spaaaace
... what more do you need to know?Choice of Units and Unit Equivalents
Da Gretchin Revolushunairy Kommitte starts a campaign with 700 Credits
with which to requistion the troops and equipment needed. The Squad must contain a minimum of three models and may never exceed a maximum of fifteen (15) models. You may not have more than six (6) Officers.
Squad Special Rules Viva la Revolushun!
- Head Honcho Each squad must include one (1) Head Honcho (counts as Imperial Renegade Commander)
- Der Kommisar The squad must include one (1) Kommisar (counts as Imperial Renegade Enforcer).
- Propa Ghanderz The squad may include up to one (0-1) Propa Ghanderz (counts as Imperial Renegade Apostate Precher).
- Revolushunairy Guard The squad may include up to two (0-2) Revolushunairy Guards (counts as Imperial Renegade Sergeants).
- Grot Militia The squad may include any number (0+) of Grot Militia (counts as Imperial Renegade Militia).
- `Eavy Weapuns The squad may include up to two (0-2) of `Eavy Weapuns (counts as Imperial Renegade Heavy Weapon Specialists).
- Press Gang The squad may include up to five (0-5) Press Gang grots (counts as Imperial Renegade Workers).
- Big Stompy Thing The squad may include only one (0-1) Big Stompy Thing (counts as Imperial Renegade Ogryn).
Da Intergalatik Gretchin Revolushunairy Kommitte exists to fight for their goal of grot equality with Orks, and as such, rumors of its existence and tales of Da Red Gobbo spread everywhere that gretchins do; Gretchins, in turn, can be found everywhere that the Orks spread; The Orks, of course, go everywhere
. Most Revolushun sympathizers can offer very little (most grots have very little, period) but from time to time, some of those allies can sneak additional resources from their Ork masters and funnel them to Da Kommittee. Some items are always accumulated before 'striking the first blow fer revolushun' and after every battle 'help is right `round da corner.'
This is treated exactly as the Always Finding Sympathizers
speacial rule of the Imperial Renegade Squad
Da Kommitte frequently experiments with some weird and wacky tools, even by Orkish standards, as part of their 'thinkin' outside da kan' approach to warfare and liberation. This is treated exactly as the Mutations
speacial rule of the Imperial Renegade Squad
, although instead of Chaos taint, the gretchin are experimenting with 'radical idearz' (discrete mutations) and 'ultimate sekret weaponz' (obvious mutations). It is not the stink of Chaose that will drive off the squad's recruits, but rather the individual grentchi's self-preservation instincts. As Da Kommitte's aresenal of gubbinz increases the liklihood of an all-out battle with the Orks increases exponentially... and many gretchin are no so devouted to the cause that they'll risk their necks. As the early scrums and scrapes give way to proper battles, many gretchin who are Poential Kounter-Revolushunairies
may leave the squad (This is treated exactly as the Will Not Work for Chaos speacial rule of the Imperial Renegade Squad
The names and descriptions, but not the effects, of the Imperial Renegade Squad's mutations are changed to the following gubbinz:
- Suicide Belt when the Rebel Grot is injured the only option is martyrdom for the cause! (originally Blackblood).
- Cybork Limb an extra hand allows the rebel grot to hold more dakka (originally Extra Arm).
- Snippah Goggles telescopic lenses allow the Rebel Grot to assassinate enemies with ease (originally Bulging Eyes).
- Iron Gob an obvious challenge to the Ork Nobs, this metal faceplate helps protect the Rebel Grot (originally Extra Head).
- Tox Bomb a great dirty trick is to chuck a jar or bottle of... something... toxic in your enemy's face (originally Poisonus Spit).
- Poisoned Pointy Stick the ultimate insult in a fight, attacking your enemy with something that will kill him latter because he isn't important enough to kill now... very un-orky! (originally Scorpion Tail).
- Orky Evolushun - Bigga the evolution of greenskins is driven by conflict and battle, this Rebel Grot has grown larger and stronger (originally Deamonic Spirit).
- Orky Evolushun - `Arder the evolution of greenskins is driven by conflict and battle, this Rebel Grot has become tougher and healthier (originally Mutated Hide).
- Orky Evolushun - Badder the evolution of greenskins is driven by conflict and battle, this Rebel Grot has become a more cunning fighter (originally Cloud of Flies).
- Grot Powa Armor a large mechanical suit of scratchbuilt power armor allows this Rebel Grot to stand toe-to-hobnail boot with Orks (originally Huge).
- Orky Evolushun - Fasta the evolution of greenskins is driven by conflict and battle, this Rebel Grot has become quicker and more canny (originally Serpentine Tongue).
Special Note: None of the miniatures shown above are mine, although I wish they were, they were created by a guy on Deviant Art named Proiteus. Google him for some great pics of his work. [i]Viva la Revolushun! Viva Da Red Gobbo! Waaaagh!