Death Squads Game Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Official Community of the Fan-Made 40k Skirmish Wargame Death Squads!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

DaBank's Death Korp painted by Deafnala

Go down 
+5
Mordoten
Laney
Mordheimer
DeafNala
Da Bank
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Da Bank

Da Bank

DaBank's Death Korp painted by Deafnala Empty
PostSubject: DaBank's Death Korp painted by Deafnala   DaBank's Death Korp painted by Deafnala I_icon_minitimeSat May 29, 2010 7:09 am

Wow!

I got home late last night and saw a package that was addressed to me. I open it eagerly like a kid on Christmas Day! The whole time I am hoping for a Red Tricycle but when I open the the box I found the painted Death Korp. Deafnala used colors that i never would have imagined to use. I was thinking of a DULL grey color or something very dark. Instead I get the coolest and virant looking colors you can put on the Death Korp. Deafnala is the greatest person and painter in the world. I thank you many time over.

DaBank's Death Korp painted by Deafnala Img_0710
DaBank's Death Korp painted by Deafnala Img_0711
DaBank's Death Korp painted by Deafnala Img_0712
DaBank's Death Korp painted by Deafnala Img_0713
DaBank's Death Korp painted by Deafnala Img_0714
DaBank's Death Korp painted by Deafnala Img_0715
DaBank's Death Korp painted by Deafnala Img_0716
DaBank's Death Korp painted by Deafnala Img_0717
DaBank's Death Korp painted by Deafnala Img_0718
DaBank's Death Korp painted by Deafnala Img_0719
Back to top Go down
DeafNala

DeafNala

PostSubject: Re: DaBank's Death Korp painted by Deafnala   DaBank's Death Korp painted by Deafnala I_icon_minitimeSat May 29, 2010 8:10 am

I'm glad to hear you're not TOO disappointed. When I first was figuring out what to do with the Lads, it immediately hit me just how much they resembled French Foreign Legion; SO that's where the red turnbacks, cuffs, & collars came from. I did resist going for kepis with neck cloths. What a Face
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: DaBank's Death Korp painted by Deafnala   DaBank's Death Korp painted by Deafnala I_icon_minitimeSat May 29, 2010 10:24 am

Deaf.... HOLY COW MAN! Those are awesome models! That NMM technique of yours is amazing... golden yellow for the 'metal' of the guns... BRILLIANT!!! Makes the models look very 'steam-punk'.

You my friend... a genius!
Back to top Go down
http://www.DeathSquadsGame.com
DeafNala

DeafNala

PostSubject: Re: DaBank's Death Korp painted by Deafnala   DaBank's Death Korp painted by Deafnala I_icon_minitimeSat May 29, 2010 12:31 pm

The MAJOR motivating factor for moi in doing commission work, EVEN beyond any $S involve, is the positive feedback I receive; SO...thanks for the kind words.
With the NMM, it's more bringing up the question as to what the item is made of than a pure NMM. I would imagine that SciFi gear is made more from ceramics & such than metals. What a Face
Back to top Go down
Laney

Laney

PostSubject: Re: DaBank's Death Korp painted by Deafnala   DaBank's Death Korp painted by Deafnala I_icon_minitimeSat May 29, 2010 1:34 pm

Brilliant! A great colour scheme and beautifully painted. All the elements tie together superbly and the fact that I didn't recognise it was NMM initially (I just thought wonderful, unique colour scheme) is a testament to just how well painted these are. Awesome attention to detail and there is more to see with each viewing.

Well Done! Da Bank you are a very lucky individual!

Cheers Laney cheers
Back to top Go down
Mordoten

PostSubject: Re: DaBank's Death Korp painted by Deafnala   DaBank's Death Korp painted by Deafnala I_icon_minitimeSat May 29, 2010 2:26 pm

That is friggin amazing!
Back to top Go down
VonHagel

VonHagel

PostSubject: Re: DaBank's Death Korp painted by Deafnala   DaBank's Death Korp painted by Deafnala I_icon_minitimeSat May 29, 2010 7:05 pm

Now here is colour scheme I would have never thought of, as they are generally so closely associated with grimy and dark trench warfare.

Deaf you have pulled it off masterfully, the colours play into each other really well, and the blending show a good solid execusion.

I find it fascinating that you put this much work into commission work, shows your passion for it.

Von Hagel
Back to top Go down
DeafNala

DeafNala

PostSubject: Re: DaBank's Death Korp painted by Deafnala   DaBank's Death Korp painted by Deafnala I_icon_minitimeSat May 29, 2010 10:39 pm

VonHagel wrote:
I find it fascinating that you put this much work into commission work, shows your passion for it.

Von Hagel

Thanks for the kind words.
I just find it easier all around to paint each mini to the best of my ability, such as it is...bad habits are easy to pick up. AND as SPECIAL Folk & Fellow Forumites, Da Bank & Modheimer deserve the best. What a Face
Back to top Go down
Kiwi

Kiwi

PostSubject: Re: DaBank's Death Korp painted by Deafnala   DaBank's Death Korp painted by Deafnala I_icon_minitimeSun May 30, 2010 12:09 am

Amazing.
Yet again Deafnala managed to fool me with his NMM painting I was convinced the breast plate on the first model was painted in metalics but I couldn't figure out howhe'd managed to highlight it so well.
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: DaBank's Death Korp painted by Deafnala   DaBank's Death Korp painted by Deafnala I_icon_minitimeSun May 30, 2010 4:20 am

I'm THIS close to drive to Da Bank's house (even when its 4am and he lives ~45 minutes away!) just to take a peek at those guys! Just Kidding

In all seriousness, Deaf's NMM technique is impressive... to put it mildly. It is not only that is done perfectly, but the part does not look... metallic... CRAP! So hard to explain.... You see, if you take the Deaf's Gold (like the one's on DeafNala's Blood Angel Terminators) it looks like real gold. It gives the illusion of being a metal, and you can see (well, you are actually deceived) how the light reflects on the gold. If you take another model with metallic paint and put it side by side, then the illusion is broken and the 'gold' transforms in an incredible yellow. Other NMM painting that I have seen transform if a bunch of weird colors. This is what puts Deaf's painting out in the Warp!
Back to top Go down
DeafNala

DeafNala

PostSubject: Re: DaBank's Death Korp painted by Deafnala   DaBank's Death Korp painted by Deafnala I_icon_minitimeSun May 30, 2010 4:08 pm

Wait another ten days or so before going to Da Bank's...that should be when the second part of the Lads arrives.
Back to top Go down
Lord GreyWolf

Lord GreyWolf

PostSubject: Re: DaBank's Death Korp painted by Deafnala   DaBank's Death Korp painted by Deafnala I_icon_minitimeSun May 30, 2010 5:46 pm

nice fantactic job...love those death korp figs.... the paint job makes them stand out... Da Bank your one lucky fella....

cheers
LGW
Back to top Go down
Da Bank

Da Bank

PostSubject: Re: DaBank's Death Korp painted by Deafnala   DaBank's Death Korp painted by Deafnala I_icon_minitimeMon May 31, 2010 5:06 pm

They are great. I just back home from being out of town and had to go sit down and look at them again. They are masterfully painted and detailed.
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: DaBank's Death Korp painted by Deafnala   DaBank's Death Korp painted by Deafnala I_icon_minitimeMon May 31, 2010 8:11 pm

Pictures!!!
Back to top Go down
DeafNala

DeafNala

PostSubject: Re: DaBank's Death Korp painted by Deafnala   DaBank's Death Korp painted by Deafnala I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 3:03 pm

I JUST finished the last of the Death Corps Lads. They'll be off to Da Bank tomorrow. SO be prepared to have your minds DAZZLED...or not. clown
Back to top Go down
way-of-the-warrior

way-of-the-warrior

PostSubject: Re: DaBank's Death Korp painted by Deafnala   DaBank's Death Korp painted by Deafnala I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 6:14 pm

deaf how did you get that dark yellow/gold effect did you use devlan mud wash or bdab black by any chance?
Back to top Go down
Da Bank

Da Bank

PostSubject: Re: DaBank's Death Korp painted by Deafnala   DaBank's Death Korp painted by Deafnala I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 04, 2010 7:03 pm

The rest of the squad came in today. Major, major Kudos to Deafnala for pulling off some incredible work that is awesome!

DaBank's Death Korp painted by Deafnala Img_0810

DaBank's Death Korp painted by Deafnala Img_0811

DaBank's Death Korp painted by Deafnala Img_0812

DaBank's Death Korp painted by Deafnala Img_0813

DaBank's Death Korp painted by Deafnala Img_0814

DaBank's Death Korp painted by Deafnala Img_0815

DaBank's Death Korp painted by Deafnala Img_0816

DaBank's Death Korp painted by Deafnala Img_0817
DaBank's Death Korp painted by Deafnala Img_0817

DaBank's Death Korp painted by Deafnala Img_0818

DaBank's Death Korp painted by Deafnala Img_0819

DaBank's Death Korp painted by Deafnala Img_0820

DaBank's Death Korp painted by Deafnala Img_0821

DaBank's Death Korp painted by Deafnala Img_0822

This one is a favorite as he has a canteen ready to drink but he is wearing a mask. LOL.

DaBank's Death Korp painted by Deafnala Img_0823
Back to top Go down
Da Bank

Da Bank

PostSubject: Re: DaBank's Death Korp painted by Deafnala   DaBank's Death Korp painted by Deafnala I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 04, 2010 9:08 pm

I will have to create rules for the two man mole team. Or turn it into something cool.
Back to top Go down
DeafNala

DeafNala

PostSubject: Re: DaBank's Death Korp painted by Deafnala   DaBank's Death Korp painted by Deafnala I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 04, 2010 9:53 pm

way-of-the-warrior wrote:
deaf how did you get that dark yellow/gold effect did you use devlan mud wash or bdab black by any chance?

The yellow is tangerine (orangish yellow) with a light red oxide (burnt orange) wash; then a highlight with the tangerine & a final highlight with moon yellow (pale yellow). Sorry I took so long answering your question. What a Face
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: DaBank's Death Korp painted by Deafnala   DaBank's Death Korp painted by Deafnala I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 04, 2010 11:46 pm

@ DeafNala: I got to see the 1st batch yesterday. It was REALLY funny... Da Bank had put the models in a small box on the table, so I could see them, and instinctively rather than picking the box (what any heretic would had done) I just KNELLED in front of the models! It look like I was praying to your work. Da Bank nodded and said, "That is exactly how I feel." HA!

Ode to Deafnala
Thy paint and brush shall come,
and blend in a plastic chum;
When I get to see the miniature art
I fell a heavy jolt in my heart.

To imitate your skill
I sure would kill
Wonder if the model is hollow
And if it safe to swallow.

Thank you for making us feel lucky,
As you never paint anything yucky.
More than a model, you have reached our souls
As our dreams can never reach your goals.

What can I say... painting that inspire Vogon Poetry! EXCELLENT WORK!
Back to top Go down
DeafNala

DeafNala

PostSubject: Re: DaBank's Death Korp painted by Deafnala   DaBank's Death Korp painted by Deafnala I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 05, 2010 9:29 am

Thanks for the kind words; I do my humble best...such as it is.
On the subject of humility, having browsed through this Forum & T.B.M.F. for sometime, I have found quite a few Guys & Gals whose work surpasses my efforts; AND I see the potential in most everyone's work to leave moi in the dust. It's really only a matter of dedication to the craft. What a Face
Back to top Go down
Laney

Laney

PostSubject: Re: DaBank's Death Korp painted by Deafnala   DaBank's Death Korp painted by Deafnala I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 05, 2010 10:15 am

All of this is superb - but for me that mole mortar... simply to die for. Genius colours, Mordheimer hit the nail on the head with steampunk. The thing I love about it particularly (and the whole squad) is that the painting has an artists style, rather than a paint by numbers guide like you'd see in white dwarf.

Inspiring - my new inquisitor is trying to emulate some of the ideas in this work (e.g. no metallics, more ceramics).

Great

Laney
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: DaBank's Death Korp painted by Deafnala   DaBank's Death Korp painted by Deafnala I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 05, 2010 10:31 am

Deaf... with all due respect, I think that your style is inspirational. You are not the best painter, but you are very damned close! HA! I do love cianty's work, as well as Tom's... and Skavenblight is something else! That are all on TMBF... but your style is completely different to what they do. There is a local guy that has a very particular technique (wet blending) in which he can capture faces (including beard-shadows and arm hairs!) with extreme detail that deserves a whole book on his own. They are great (the envy continues!) hobbyists... but you are an artist. Your models have a 'signature' on themselves, which is hard to imitate and reproduce.

It is nice to be humble and all... but the honor belongs to whom is deserved. Take it, embrace it... and keep painting!
Back to top Go down
Da Bank

Da Bank

PostSubject: Re: DaBank's Death Korp painted by Deafnala   DaBank's Death Korp painted by Deafnala I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 05, 2010 10:42 am

Exactly what Mordheimer said. Deafnala you are an artist and I prefer your work over all others. DaBank's Death Korp painted by Deafnala Icon_cheers
Back to top Go down
DeafNala

DeafNala

PostSubject: Re: DaBank's Death Korp painted by Deafnala   DaBank's Death Korp painted by Deafnala I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 05, 2010 10:43 pm

LOL ...I yield to the voice of my fans. Painting minis & making scenery has been an enduring love of mine. I guess if you do something that you love long enough, you get pretty good at it. BE WARNED I intend to keep it up until they pry the brush from my cold, dead fingers...I might try to bite them when they try Suspect .
Again, thanks for the kind words. What a Face

Last edited by DeafNala on Sun Jun 06, 2010 8:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: DaBank's Death Korp painted by Deafnala   DaBank's Death Korp painted by Deafnala I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

DaBank's Death Korp painted by Deafnala
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next