Death Squads Game Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Official Community of the Fan-Made 40k Skirmish Wargame Death Squads!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Battletech Mad Cat Mk II

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
DoZer

DoZer

Battletech Mad Cat Mk II Empty
PostSubject: Battletech Mad Cat Mk II   Battletech Mad Cat Mk II I_icon_minitimeSat May 29, 2010 9:07 pm

Well.....got my first Battletech mini the other day. Was so giddy with excitement that I decided to put it together and paint it!!

I have been playing on and off with some friends up at our LGS, using some borrowed mini's from them.

I've settled on a faction.....Clan Snow Raven (LOVE the background for the clans, as well as Snow Ravens fluff fighting very close with DA fluff....go figure right?). So with that I went with the Epsilon Garrison Galaxy Paint scheme.

So here it is!

Battletech Mad Cat Mk II 101_0210

Battletech Mad Cat Mk II 101_0211

Battletech Mad Cat Mk II 101_0212
Back to top Go down
The ISH

The ISH

PostSubject: Re: Battletech Mad Cat Mk II   Battletech Mad Cat Mk II I_icon_minitimeSat May 29, 2010 10:37 pm

Gorgeous! I'd suggest maybe picking out the missle warhead/nosecones or doing a second lighter drybrush on a few panels here and thre, just to add "scale" to the mech.

How did you get that smoked glass/reflective shimmer on the cockpit?
Back to top Go down
Dysturbed

Dysturbed

PostSubject: Re: Battletech Mad Cat Mk II   Battletech Mad Cat Mk II I_icon_minitimeSat May 29, 2010 10:39 pm

Totally bad ass.
I used to play the table top rpg based on robotech great stuff.
But I haven't seen anything out of battletech since what mechwarrior 4?
I used to build my own skins for that game for my bots and the mad cat was my unit of choice as well. I had one built up with a WW II german camo scheme that everyone knew and feared lol.
Back to top Go down
DoZer

DoZer

PostSubject: Re: Battletech Mad Cat Mk II   Battletech Mad Cat Mk II I_icon_minitimeSat May 29, 2010 10:59 pm

The ISH wrote:
Gorgeous! I'd suggest maybe picking out the missle warhead/nosecones or doing a second lighter drybrush on a few panels here and thre, just to add "scale" to the mech.

How did you get that smoked glass/reflective shimmer on the cockpit?

I actually used a tut that Camo Specs has up for use on all mechs. The website is a great resource for any camo and faction paint schemes for all that is CBT.

Here is a direct LINKY for the tut. I used a wet pallet to gradually blend the colors together.

For some reason though when I put the clear coat on it nullified some of the more intricate shadowing. I am definitely going to have to go back and re-do some of the shadowing now that I can get a closer look with the pictures. Black, I feel, is probably one of the hardest colors to shadow and create depth with.

Dysturbed wrote:
But I haven't seen anything out of battletech since what mechwarrior 4?

Yea.....just about. Around here in south florida though there is a pretty good following of the table top game. A lot of the "older" generation of gamers at the LGS play a lot of Battletech. There are some free permutations of Mechwarrior from MekTek.net. From what I understand they are working on the multiplayer portion these past couple of months. Linky for MekTek.net. I really enjoy there Assault Tech 1 game
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Battletech Mad Cat Mk II   Battletech Mad Cat Mk II I_icon_minitimeSun May 30, 2010 3:13 am

Nice model man! Remember to bring him when we meet (so I can give you the flock)! Love the windows... GREAT effect.

PS: First LINKY is broken.... can you check it? Just Kidding
Back to top Go down
http://www.DeathSquadsGame.com
DoZer

DoZer

PostSubject: Re: Battletech Mad Cat Mk II   Battletech Mad Cat Mk II I_icon_minitimeSun May 30, 2010 7:01 am

Mordheimer wrote:
PS: First LINKY is broken.... can you check it? Just Kidding

Haha.....wow.....I guess I got a little too copy paste happy......

New Linky
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Battletech Mad Cat Mk II   Battletech Mad Cat Mk II I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Battletech Mad Cat Mk II
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Death Squads Game Forums :: Other Topics :: General Interest-
Jump to: