The Official Community of the Fan-Made 40k Skirmish Wargame Death Squads!

HomeFAQSearchRegisterLog in

Share | 

Battletech Mad Cat Mk II

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
DoZer

PostSubject: Battletech Mad Cat Mk II   Sat May 29, 2010 9:07 pm

Well.....got my first Battletech mini the other day. Was so giddy with excitement that I decided to put it together and paint it!!

I have been playing on and off with some friends up at our LGS, using some borrowed mini's from them.

I've settled on a faction.....Clan Snow Raven (LOVE the background for the clans, as well as Snow Ravens fluff fighting very close with DA fluff....go figure right?). So with that I went with the Epsilon Garrison Galaxy Paint scheme.

So here it is!

2. Though shalt not refer to thine brethren, whom the Emperor has dictated be armed with an incendiary weapon, as a "Flamer" constantly. For this has been proven to lower morale and cause strife within His Most Holy showering facilities.
3. Thou shalt not follow a Librarian around thinking, "Can you hear me now", repetitively in an attempt to drive him insane.
Back to top Go down
The ISH

PostSubject: Re: Battletech Mad Cat Mk II   Sat May 29, 2010 10:37 pm

Gorgeous! I'd suggest maybe picking out the missle warhead/nosecones or doing a second lighter drybrush on a few panels here and thre, just to add "scale" to the mech.

How did you get that smoked glass/reflective shimmer on the cockpit?
Back to top Go down
Dysturbed

PostSubject: Re: Battletech Mad Cat Mk II   Sat May 29, 2010 10:39 pm

Totally bad ass.
I used to play the table top rpg based on robotech great stuff.
But I haven't seen anything out of battletech since what mechwarrior 4?
I used to build my own skins for that game for my bots and the mad cat was my unit of choice as well. I had one built up with a WW II german camo scheme that everyone knew and feared lol.

"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, someone said to themselves, “You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I’m just not close enough to get the job done.” ~George Carlin
Back to top Go down
DoZer

PostSubject: Re: Battletech Mad Cat Mk II   Sat May 29, 2010 10:59 pm

The ISH wrote:
Gorgeous! I'd suggest maybe picking out the missle warhead/nosecones or doing a second lighter drybrush on a few panels here and thre, just to add "scale" to the mech.

How did you get that smoked glass/reflective shimmer on the cockpit?

I actually used a tut that Camo Specs has up for use on all mechs. The website is a great resource for any camo and faction paint schemes for all that is CBT.

Here is a direct LINKY for the tut. I used a wet pallet to gradually blend the colors together.

For some reason though when I put the clear coat on it nullified some of the more intricate shadowing. I am definitely going to have to go back and re-do some of the shadowing now that I can get a closer look with the pictures. Black, I feel, is probably one of the hardest colors to shadow and create depth with.

Dysturbed wrote:
But I haven't seen anything out of battletech since what mechwarrior 4?

Yea.....just about. Around here in south florida though there is a pretty good following of the table top game. A lot of the "older" generation of gamers at the LGS play a lot of Battletech. There are some free permutations of Mechwarrior from MekTek.net. From what I understand they are working on the multiplayer portion these past couple of months. Linky for MekTek.net. I really enjoy there Assault Tech 1 game

2. Though shalt not refer to thine brethren, whom the Emperor has dictated be armed with an incendiary weapon, as a "Flamer" constantly. For this has been proven to lower morale and cause strife within His Most Holy showering facilities.
3. Thou shalt not follow a Librarian around thinking, "Can you hear me now", repetitively in an attempt to drive him insane.
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Battletech Mad Cat Mk II   Sun May 30, 2010 3:13 am

Nice model man! Remember to bring him when we meet (so I can give you the flock)! Love the windows... GREAT effect.

PS: First LINKY is broken.... can you check it? Just Kidding

Support Bacteria; it is the ONLY culture some people have!
Since I ask "What do you think?" to all Staff, I have included it here to save time.

DoZer Flamethrower Mordheimer Justice NEEDS to be Served! Maybe 3rd Degree burns will teach you not to Tom Sawyer me to work!

Back to top Go down
http://www.DeathSquadsGame.com
DoZer

PostSubject: Re: Battletech Mad Cat Mk II   Sun May 30, 2010 7:01 am

Mordheimer wrote:
PS: First LINKY is broken.... can you check it? Just Kidding

Haha.....wow.....I guess I got a little too copy paste happy......

New Linky

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Battletech Mad Cat Mk II   Today at 12:29 pm

Back to top Go down

Battletech Mad Cat Mk II
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1