Death Squads Game Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Official Community of the Fan-Made 40k Skirmish Wargame Death Squads!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Eldar list for upcoming campaign

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
ofstatic

Eldar list for upcoming campaign Empty
PostSubject: Eldar list for upcoming campaign   Eldar list for upcoming campaign I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 14, 2010 2:33 pm

So I am trying to create a list for the upcoming campaign I will be participating it. It includes 4 players for each major faction (orks, guard, rebels, and eldar). Here is my first attempt, but I feel I may be a bit too equipment heavy and am lacking in volume of fire.

Exarch (Dire Avenger) 145pts
-Sacred Armor, Combat Knife, Shuri Pistol w/ Dire Avenger Sight Trademark Item, Resource Pendulum

Aspect Warrior (Banshee) 120pts
-Combat Knife, Aspect Warrior Armor, Shuri Pistol

Warrior Aspirant (Scorpion) 68pts
-Combat Knife, Shuri Pistol

Warrior Aspirant (Scorpion) 68pts

Warlock 57pts
-Combat Knife

Wraithguard 126pts
-Wraithcannon, Spirit Stone (filled)

Guardian 58pts

Guardian 58pts

700 pts on the nose. Some of my thoughts were to drop some gear on the exarch or aspect warrior and drop a warrior aspirant completely to try and pick up 2 exodites with lasguns. Not really sure whats the best way to equip my guys, but I figure my best bet is to stay out of melee and use my speed to my advantage.
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Eldar list for upcoming campaign   Eldar list for upcoming campaign I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 14, 2010 2:50 pm

HAHAH! Welcome to Death Squads ! You are clearly experience what we intended... a VERY EASY process to make a Squad, with a VERY HARD set of choices! No matter what you do, your Squad will NEVER be exactly what you want... for that, you need to allow time, so they gain XP and grow in power! Wink

I'm NOT an Eldar expert (except when it comes to have my butt kicked by them!) I think you have too many 'special' items. My suggestions.
- Drop the Avenger Sight & save 20 credits; the 6" extra range won't do you THAT much good. You get to move & shoot ONE shot at no penalty. Not critical with a Pistol.
- Drop the Trademark Item & save 14 credits; It is not that great... and between us, we are revising Routing. Shocked
- Drop the Resource Pendulum & save 21 credits; This is a nice choice, but at 21 credits is EXPENSIVE!

Total Savings... 55 credits. That translates to ALMOST a Guardian with a Shuriken Pistol (56 credits).

ALSO... you need LONG Range weapons... I would drop the Recruit's Pistols and get the Lasguns. The Eldar do not do well in Close Combat... but on the other hand, the S4 does wonders against Orks.
Back to top Go down
http://www.DeathSquadsGame.com
ofstatic

PostSubject: Re: Eldar list for upcoming campaign   Eldar list for upcoming campaign I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 14, 2010 3:20 pm

Exarch (Dire Avenger)
-Sacred Armor, Combat Knife, Lasgun, Sword

Aspect Warrior (Banshee)
-Combat Knife, Aspect Warrior Armor, Shuri Pistol, Bansee Mask, Sword

Warrior Aspirant (Scorpion)
-Combat Knife, Shuri Pistol, Sword

Warlock
-Combat Knife

Wraithguard
-Wraithcannon, Spirit Stone (filled)

Guardian
-Combat Knife, Lasgun

Guardian
-Combat Knife, Lasgun

Exodite
-Combat Knife, Lasgun

700 pts again but with much more lasgun spam
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Eldar list for upcoming campaign   Eldar list for upcoming campaign I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 14, 2010 6:02 pm

Evil or Very Mad It is awful small for my taste...

One note... the Spirit Stone belongs to an Officer (not that it matters, because you need the Stone to HIRE the Wraithguard, not to keep him)

It will be tough to beat you... so it is an interesting choice.
Back to top Go down
http://www.DeathSquadsGame.com
Lord GreyWolf

Lord GreyWolf

PostSubject: Re: Eldar list for upcoming campaign   Eldar list for upcoming campaign I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 14, 2010 6:42 pm

to give you some comparison here is my list:

Dire Avenger Exarch [63pts]
Sacred armour [--]
Sword 18pts [18pts]
Shuriken Pistol [27pts] 108pts

Dire Avenger Aspect warrior [49pts]
Sword 18pts [18pts]
Shuriken Pistol [27pts] 94pts

Warlock [57pts]

Howling Banshee Asiprant warriror [41pts]
Sword 18pts [18pts]
Shuriken Pistol [27pts] 86pts

Striking Scorpion Asiprant Warriror [41pts]
Sword 18pts [18pts]
Shuriken Pistol [27pts] 86pts

Exodites x4 [152pts]
lasguns x 4 [112pts] 264pts

Total 695pts....

I'll add another exodite next after the first game. I have maxed out my officers so I can get 5 dice on end game exploration. I'll also if the credit is there get a gaurdian so he can die and be used to fill the spirit stone. once I am around game 5 and if my squad has been going ok and haven't lost any officers then i'll reward them with armour [if I am really lucky then I might have rolled some armour up on the exploration chart...]

the Warlock is there for her powers nothing else she'll shadow the aspirants and give them cover with her powers. The exodites will infiltrate and take hold any objectives we need or try and pick off weaker units one at a time. As for the rest the two Dire Avengers will follow up with the two melee aspirants and deal to the ones who get stunned/ko'd .

hope this helps....

Cheers
LGW
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Eldar list for upcoming campaign   Eldar list for upcoming campaign I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Eldar list for upcoming campaign
Page 1 of 1