Death Squads Game Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Official Community of the Fan-Made 40k Skirmish Wargame Death Squads!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

edwards mordians

Go down 
+2
Laney
edward
6 posters
AuthorMessage
edward

edward

edwards mordians Empty
PostSubject: edwards mordians   edwards mordians I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 14, 2010 4:05 pm

ok this is the fluff behind my mordians

the 85th mordian "green jackets" are mostly made up of ex gangers from mordia's hive cites

they have a reputation for recklessness and most other mordians consinder them to be little better then savages.

the 85th has been deployed on the former imperial planet of ivach prime
now under the control of several chaos warlords

thats it i'm afraid its not much good

but any feedback would be welcomed
Back to top Go down
Laney

Laney

edwards mordians Empty
PostSubject: Re: edwards mordians   edwards mordians I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 14, 2010 5:31 pm

Sounds like a good start - it might be worth thinking about the characters of your officers. With the fluff you've started my mind went immediately to a stern, harsh taskmaster of a commander, capable of keeping the 'savages' in line. Good link to have chaos warbands as an enemy given Mordian Iron Guard anti-chaos fluff.

Good beginning - I look forward to seeing what else you come up with.

Laney cheers
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

edwards mordians Empty
PostSubject: Re: edwards mordians   edwards mordians I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 14, 2010 6:21 pm

I agree with Laney... it got potential of being REALLY weird (in a good way!) Mordians are rigid, to the point of absurdity!
Quote :
Mordians believe in perfect precision and constant drill to overcome their foes, and will rarely be seen routed, rather they make fighting retreats to a better and more defensible position. They are often pitched against the forces of Chaos due to their experience dealing with them during the invasion of their homeworld.
Now... the 85th Savages could look like a bunch of stock-up snobby soldiers (stiffer than a man having his nose hairs plucked while he sleep) to any other person, but among Mordians they are an unruly bunch ("You DARE to call that spit-shined? I can count three dust particles... YES, YOU HEARD ME MAGGOT!!! THREE! And if you dare to give me that pathetic excuse that we are on the desert in the middle of a Strength 4.7 hurricane wind dust storm I will call the Commissar, you Savage!!!) Heheheh...

Now, you would need some 'strong' leadership... someone who can understand and control this 'disorganized mockery of the Iron Guardsmen', and his support crew!

Looking forward for more! Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.DeathSquadsGame.com
edward

edward

edwards mordians Empty
PostSubject: Re: edwards mordians   edwards mordians I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 15, 2010 1:13 am

funnily enough i'm coming up with fluff for my officers

Captain Richard Sanders
regared by most other mordians as a loose cannon and ne'er do well, Sander has been assigned to the 85th after a refusing to allow a commisar to execute one of his officers

Liutentant Alfred Jones
fresh out of the academy and much to his disapointment placed into the 85th,while unhappy with this he constantly attempts to be reassigned

seargeant bill" scarface"
pretty much the whole regiment is afraid of him (even the commisars)
before he joined the 85th he was in charge of one the most ruthless gang in mordia

and last but not least
liutentant jonathon harker
Harker is a infamous figure amongst the 85th, well known for his ability to filch almost anything from the supply tents and as such is greatly favoured by the men
less so by the officers.....several of which have missed out to their rations

Last edited by edward on Tue Jun 15, 2010 1:14 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

edwards mordians Empty
PostSubject: Re: edwards mordians   edwards mordians I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 15, 2010 5:24 pm

HA! GREAT stuff man!
Back to top Go down
Lord GreyWolf

Lord GreyWolf

edwards mordians Empty
PostSubject: Re: edwards mordians   edwards mordians I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 15, 2010 7:23 pm

nice back ground on your officers..... gives alot to the imagination when you come to writing the fluff for the squad..... intching to write must resist.....

great work....

Cheers
LGW
Back to top Go down
The ISH

The ISH

edwards mordians Empty
PostSubject: Re: edwards mordians   edwards mordians I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 15, 2010 8:42 pm

Maybe it's because you nMed one of them Harker, or maybe it's because I'm in the middle of rewatching Zulu, but these sound like Praetorians to me:

http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Praetorian_Guard
Back to top Go down
Da Bank

Da Bank

edwards mordians Empty
PostSubject: Re: edwards mordians   edwards mordians I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 15, 2010 8:54 pm

Edward: Nice start, keep up the good work.

Ish: The Mordians and Preatorians are actually one in the same. We did this when we were writing up the squads. Just too many different ones to keep writing new variations.

I own some 40K Preatorian models and will be getting some plastic ones I saw on ebay a while back to use down the road. After Kroot I have two other things to work on and finish playtesting the Death Korp.
Back to top Go down
edward

edward

edwards mordians Empty
PostSubject: Re: edwards mordians   edwards mordians I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 15, 2010 11:55 pm

@THE ISH technically the only difference between mordians and praetorians are the pith helmets.

i'm thinking of writing some fluff for the troops
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

edwards mordians Empty
PostSubject: Re: edwards mordians   edwards mordians I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 16, 2010 12:53 am

For the record...
Quote :
The Mordian Iron Guard are an Imperial Guard regiment from the planet Mordian. It is a harsh and unforgiving planet, and given to extremes. It is ruled in the Emperor's name by a body known as the Tetrarchs. The rule of the Tetrarchs is harsh, autocratic and above all absolute. This environment has bred a regimental system dedicated to the chain of command and an iron discipline at all levels. The Mordian troops themselves are named and renowned for their iron resolve and their dour and unforgiving natures.

Mordians believe in drill and discipline above all. Regiments are drilled in close formation heavy infantry tactics and volley fire, presenting their lasguns to deliver devastating blasts from densely packed shoulder to shoulder formations. They believe in perfect precision and constant drill to overcome their foes, and will rarely be seen routed, rather they make fighting retreats to a better and more defensible position. They are often pitched against the forces of Chaos due to their experience dealing with them during the invasion of their homeworld.

Quote :
The Praetorian Guard Regiments are raised from the Planet Praetoria. Praetoria is a heavily populated Hive World that lies in a system close to the Imperial naval base at Bakka. The overpopulated Hive-Cities of Praetoria are renowned for their squalor and degradation, and produce some of the toughest gangsters on any of the Hive Worlds in the Imperium. This vast population work as little more than slave-labor in the huge factory complexes, producing the goods that have made the planet (and its rulers) one of the richest in the Imperium, with a huge fleet of merchant craft that trade all over the Segmentum and beyond.

Imperial Guard regiments raised on Praetoria are renowned for their iron discipline and bravery, even in the face of the most overwhelming odds. The planetary lords of Praetoria hold it is only through fearsome training and draconian punishments for the most minor infringements that the hive-toughened inhabitants of their planet can be made to follow orders and do as they are told. Whatever one's views on the training methods used, they seem to work, producing troops that are as ferocious on the attack as they are determined in defense.

The Praetorians fight in a similar way to the Mordian Iron Guard, using concentrated volley fire to eliminate the enemy in vast droves.

So, as horrible as it sounds...
edward wrote:
technically the only difference between mordians and praetorians are the pith helmets.
... it is absolutely right! Shocked One look like British Navy Officers during WWI and the other as British Legionaries in the 1870s Zulu wars. Fluff wise there are slight differences, but mechanically they are the same. We discovered this truth when researching both 'factions' for the Regional Platoons. As a matter of fact, we chose the Mordians (instead of Praetorians) because I found a fan based 3rd Ed. Codex and I could expand on that fluff... that and the fact that Da Bank got a bunch of Praetorian models! Just Kidding
Back to top Go down
The ISH

The ISH

edwards mordians Empty
PostSubject: Re: edwards mordians   edwards mordians I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 16, 2010 7:52 am

I know how similar they are, but the whole "underclasses pressed into service under harsh taskmasters" just reminded me of the Praetorians, rather than the Mordians. Then again, I was watching Zulu when I wrote the above.

edwards mordians Zulu1

"If it's a miracle, Colour Sergeant, it's a short barrel M36 Kantrael lasrifle miracle."
"And a bayonet, sir, with some guts behind."
Back to top Go down
Da Bank

Da Bank

edwards mordians Empty
PostSubject: Re: edwards mordians   edwards mordians I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 16, 2010 1:31 pm

edward wrote:
technically the only difference between mordians and praetorians are the pith helmets.
... it is absolutely right! Shocked One look like British Navy Officers during WWI and the other as British Legionaries in the 1870s Zulu wars. Fluff wise there are slight differences, but mechanically they are the same. We discovered this truth when researching both 'factions' for the Regional Platoons. As a matter of fact, we chose the Mordians (instead of Praetorians) because I found a fan based 3rd Ed. Codex and I could expand on that fluff... that and the fact that Da Bank got a bunch of Praetorian models! Just Kidding[/quote]

Correct, they are sitting there waiting to play. This one of the the few "play as" you will ever see. Trust me, Mordheimer and I talked this one several times and I still agree as he does this was the best solution for them. As noted before we do not need every single human IG variation. The 40K IG codex really on covers one. We have done a lot in a short time and have covered as much as we can. The next concentration is on Kroot, Tau, Grots, Nid Lovers and etc.
Back to top Go down
The ISH

The ISH

edwards mordians Empty
PostSubject: Re: edwards mordians   edwards mordians I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 16, 2010 2:21 pm

Just as long as they aren't Catachan, I'm happy! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
edward

edward

edwards mordians Empty
PostSubject: Re: edwards mordians   edwards mordians I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 16, 2010 3:37 pm

The ISH wrote:
Just as long as they aren't Catachan, I'm happy! Very Happy

i agree with that

and ZULU is one of my favourite films
Back to top Go down
edward

edward

edwards mordians Empty
PostSubject: Re: edwards mordians   edwards mordians I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 17, 2010 3:25 am

righto some fluff for the troops

Doc haliwell medic
Doc is well known amongst the 85th for the fact he chose to serve with the 85th rather then reassigned from another regiment

Patch hvy wpns
a weapons expert who loves nothing more then to blow things up...even if they are on his own side

jacko infantrymen
like scarface jacko is a former ganger with a history of assault,murder,drug dealing ever since he was 12. As a result he has a knack for survival..and killing.

Big Joe (orgyn) sentinel pilot
Joe is a born trouble make who prefers to work alone

hope you guys like it
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

edwards mordians Empty
PostSubject: Re: edwards mordians   edwards mordians I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

edwards mordians
Page 1 of 1