Death Squads Game Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Official Community of the Fan-Made 40k Skirmish Wargame Death Squads!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Hi all

Go down 
+4
Mordheimer
Gatlag Stonetooth
Lord GreyWolf
styggisen
8 posters
AuthorMessage
styggisen

styggisen

Hi all Empty
PostSubject: Hi all   Hi all I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 18, 2010 3:09 am

hello, time for some introductions.

I'm an "old" 40k player who untill last year or so thought I never play again, but then me and some friends rediscovered Mordheim, Bloodbowl and Necromunda. When you got children and a crappy house the time for large scale tabeltop battles is somehow limited.
During the absent years I still did some painting and collecting to keep the hobby alive, so even now when I started playing some again it's more about painting, converting and reading then actually playing. Even though i like the idea about having a goal for all my hours behind the brush (and nowdays the computor lurking in forums Smile )
I have always been an Eldar player but sold of most of the figs about 10 years ago. Right now I own a Chaos marine army and a small Eldar fleet.
I play Halflings in Mordheim (the reason I found this site) and have just started collecting Witch Hunters.

I'm hoping Death Squads will be the substitute for 40K that I have been looking for, so far it is looking good. Just waiting for a genestealer coven, exodite armylist, gnobblars... Laughing

I´ll see if I can get some gaming done this weekend so I can test the rules some.
I like Mordheim and so far this looks like an improved and updated version of it but in space, not too complicated and slow but not too simple, looks nice. (would love to try out the charge rules)

/styggisen
Back to top Go down
Lord GreyWolf

Lord GreyWolf

Hi all Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi all   Hi all I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 18, 2010 3:29 am

Welcome to the Death Squads site....styggisen

I was also a recruit from the Mordheim forum board and was also looking for something to get me back into he WH40k realm.

And Death Squads has done that in a big way. I currently have 7 squads in the pipe line.
Eldar being the newest of the lot but Kroot is the next one after that.

Genestealer cult is COMING!!!! woop woop....well as long as Mordheimer allows anyone to work on them [Tyranids are his baby. He is the sites leading "expert" on the Nids]

Quote :
I like Mordheim and so far this looks like an improved and updated version of it but in space, not too complicated and slow but not too simple, looks nice. (would love to try out the charge rules)

this game Goes way beyond Mordheim in space. maybe when it was first concieved it was just that but its out grown that now and is a game in its own right. it still has some residual flavour and feel of Mordheim,necromunda and many of the other skirmish type games but its evolved now and its just what your needing/wanting.....

also its dam addictive at least the collecting of squads/converting and painting.....

I haven't done this much with conversions and trying different techniques in years...its great.

look forward to reading your battle report. great having you here all the way from sweden nice to see the word has spread far and wide....

have a great game over the weekend...

Cheers
LGW
Back to top Go down
Gatlag Stonetooth

Gatlag Stonetooth

Hi all Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi all   Hi all I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 18, 2010 3:58 am

Welcome to the board!
You story sounds a bit like the situation I'm going into: I got married last year and now a little spawn is on it's way. On top of that we're trying to sell our apartment so we can buy a house with a garden. Because of that everything in house has to be tidy to lure potential buyers so my wargaming stuff is already packed in moving boxes... Sad But that's already 6 months now! Sad
I really hope things will change soon so that I can pick up my hobby again!
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

Hi all Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi all   Hi all I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 18, 2010 6:52 am

styggisen... Welcome, Ancient One!

I have found VERY interesting that lots of veterans that had stopped playing 40k (economics, space, time... real life complications) for 10 years (or more!) have found Death Squads to be a GREAT outlet for the to return to the gaming they love. Having to 'maintain' a Squad of less than 20 models is NOTHING compared to a huge 40k army. Also, the fact that you can customize every model (if you want) appeals to great hobbyists with limited time like you (and me!)

It is funny... people who play Necromunda feel like Death Squads is Necromunda v2.0 and people who play Mordheim feels it's Mordheim-in-Space. Although wrong, I take the comments as COMPLIMENTS... because it means we have been successful! From day one (back when it was Project X) we did not wanted to do Necromunda v2.0 or Mordheim-in-Space, but we wanted to keep many of the familiar (and fun) elements of those games. Right now, Death Squads is its own entity (game mechanics and under the hood math) and we are proud of it's success.

We are working on some Core Rules tweaks (insuring they are balanced AND fun) as well as many other new Squads. I hope that you and your buddies enjoy Death Squads as much as we do. IMPORTANT TO REMEMBER: if you find something 'weird' or have suggestions... please let us know! We can either answer your questions, explain why things are the way they are or take your suggestion! This game is the result of many contributors, helping to make it better and better!

So go... play, take pictures (love pictures!) and post your battle reports! Looking forward to reading about your adventures!
Back to top Go down
http://www.DeathSquadsGame.com
styggisen

styggisen

Hi all Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi all   Hi all I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 18, 2010 7:54 am

He,he the comparison with necromunda and mordheim seems like a weak spot Just Kidding

Thanks for the welcoming and if things go right I'll be playing the game for the first time tonight!

And like some of you said, the large army is out of the question right now but the smaller ones, with a lot of converting, is within reach.
Also I'm a roleplayer in my heart so the fact that 40K have so much fun background and settings but lacked the evolving part (xp) in "later" days has always felt bad (It was much better in the rough trader era, etc. etc. Crying or Very sad )

Quote :
We are working on some Core Rules tweaks
Ah, you mean going from the D6 system up to D10 to eliminate the huge difference in toughness/strength 3 and 4 LOL

I'll be back when I have a report ready or some more input on the rules, with pictures!

/styggisen
Back to top Go down
Da Bank

Da Bank

Hi all Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi all   Hi all I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 18, 2010 8:09 am

styggisen

Welcome!

Yes, that is one weakness of D6. We did originally talk about D10 but kept with some thing we all know well. I don't see it changing right now but it could be something to look at once we complete everything.

Keep us posted on your games, right reports and take some pics.

Last edited by Da Bank on Fri Jun 18, 2010 11:34 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
VonHagel

VonHagel

Hi all Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi all   Hi all I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 18, 2010 8:54 am

Velkommen i vor midte Styggisen

Nice to see another Scandinavian!

And sounds awesome that you're playing your first game tonight, hope it turns out well

Welcome on-board and all that jazz
Back to top Go down
Dysturbed

Dysturbed

Hi all Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi all   Hi all I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 18, 2010 11:02 am

Quote :
Ah, you mean going from the D6 system up to D10 to eliminate the huge difference in toughness/strength 3 and 4

I wish brotha
Back to top Go down
The ISH

The ISH

Hi all Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi all   Hi all I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 18, 2010 11:36 am

Could take a page from WFRPG and Dark Heresy/Rogue Trader and replace the D6 with D%! Then Strength and Toughness would go from 30 to 40, instead of 3 to 4!
Back to top Go down
Dysturbed

Dysturbed

Hi all Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi all   Hi all I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 18, 2010 11:49 am

too late in the game to change that kinda stuff. I don't think anyone wants to rewrite the whole manual lol. right mord lol
Back to top Go down
The ISH

The ISH

Hi all Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi all   Hi all I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 18, 2010 12:13 pm

It is indeed... But, if anyone feels like travelling back in time to give Rick Preistly, circe 1983, a big bag of d10s, we'd all be most grateful.
Back to top Go down
Dysturbed

Dysturbed

Hi all Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi all   Hi all I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 18, 2010 12:21 pm

LOL Good point ISH
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

Hi all Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi all   Hi all I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 18, 2010 9:01 pm

The ISH wrote:
It is indeed... But, if anyone feels like travelling back in time to give Rick Preistly, circe 1983, a big bag of d10s, we'd all be most grateful.
Back to the future! HEHeheheh

We are 'chained' to the superbly limited D6 system because we want 40k players to be able to use Death Squads ... so we have the same limitation! Sad
Back to top Go down
http://www.DeathSquadsGame.com
Sponsored content

Hi all Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi all   Hi all I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hi all
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Death Squads Game Forums :: Forum General Information :: Welcome Mat-
Jump to: