Death Squads Game Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Official Community of the Fan-Made 40k Skirmish Wargame Death Squads!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Rumble Down Under

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Lord GreyWolf

Lord GreyWolf

Rumble Down Under Empty
PostSubject: Rumble Down Under   Rumble Down Under I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 20, 2010 5:55 am

Ok we finally got a game today!!!!! WOOP!!!! WOOP!!!!!

Imperial Guard - 9 units [Lord GreyWolf] And Eldar - 9 units [Theo]

VS

Ork - 12 units [thebruni] And Ork - 9 units [cad1an]

Well it was hard to believe but the ORKS WON!!!!! aaarrrggghhh the forces of good got roasted/raped/nailed/shafted/screwed over....etc etc

here is an over view of the game:

Turn 1:

IG and Eldar set up ready to face the Ork horde that is gathering to advance from the city edge. The IG slowy advance forward to secure the bunker infront of their deployment zone. the Eldar exodites take up position in the factory second level. whilst their commanders advance into the ruins on their left.

Being completly un phased the orks rush forward advancing fast. The werid boy from the Great cooking wwaagghh lights up with psychic engery ready to fling a long frazzle at the IG force. Unfortuantely for him snively the grot farted at the same time causing the werid boy to fizzle rather then frazzle. the pain was to much that his head exploded. [werid boy OOA]

TheBruni boyz sprinted forward towards the Eldar force ready to teach those space faries a few pointers on what not to wear in a battle [tutus are not armour].

Turn 2:

The IG were still giggling after the poor werid boy fried himself...
Still moving forward they failed to take any of the orks down.

The Eldar also failed to take any orks out. A frustrating round for both.

The Orks on the other were more lucky the Sneaky boss took a shot a the IG Ogryn succesfully stunning the big brute and leaving him with 1 wound. TheBruni Boyz still did their "bigun move" and ran towards the pixies.

Turn 3:

The IG opened up with their guns firing at the Sneaky boy but either were drunk or stoned as they couldn't hit the rear end of a Warhound titan at 50 paces even if they tried.

The eldar only got one ork down of theBruni Boyz and that was it for the "good guys". It was unsure why but the brave Eldar warlock jumped clear of his cover [maybe he ate some magic mushrooms and for a brief moment thought he was a Space Marine and not a queer Elf....no one will ever know] and launched a devastating psychic attack that did NOTHING!!! boy did he feel foolish it was like he was standing at a party and infront of everyone and he was naked..... well the Ork boyz were going to enjoy their turn that was for sure.

But what a time for the Orks Snively the grot tried to make up for his ealier failure of farting near the weird boy and leveled his blasta at the IG Leuiteant resting up against the bunkers corner. It was a shot in a billion but snively not only hit the IG officer but he actually got a crit and caused the dam human to OOA.... blasted Grot....

The trash-kan strode forward and let rip with his burna causing the IG force to duck down but it was to late one Grunt Stunned, and the Ogryn went down as well, the rest of the units were a bit cinged.

TheBruni boyz took revenge on the Warlock and boy did it hurt. OOA for the Warlock his arse what grass the Ork boyz were the lawn mower.

Turn 4:

Fimally the Trash-kan was in range but for some unknown reason the IG failed to beat the Trash-kan's red hull and the grot was dancing happily as he survied a concentrated fire from the IG's.

The IG HWS got lucky and dropped a grenade into the Nobs lap and his grot body guard failing to even scratch the Nob but poor lil snotty bought the blast and was knocked back to last week. [OOA]

the remaining IG guardsman took aim at the grot dribbly and missed him, but his mate Nigel was better and took dribbly out of the game.

Having lost the werid boy and two grots it was a shaky time for the Cooking WWAAGGHH but the head chef cleared the crumbs away and showed the boyz he was still the big cheese of the WAAGGHH. [Orks passed the rout test... @T%#$@#%^^%^@!!!!]

The ork trash-kan moved around and took careful aim he let rip with his burna [It hasn't been prooved but he may have added some thing into the mix, for he got lucky again. ] Sarge Mutton got roasted [OOA] and the Ogryn was knocked out again and Captain Maddock also went down in a heap still alive but barely. its not looking good for the IG but the Orks are in the same boat.

Thebruni boyz Nob and ork boy get in range and charged the Eldar exarch he's knocked down its not looking good for him. wait no he's still there very much knocked out and he surely won't survie another arse kcking like that. the stiking Scorpion also bought it [not sure what happened there missed it ] OOA to the Striking Scorpion.

Turn 5:

the IG are in trouble two men out and the rest are not good Maddock is down but o.k the men hold their ground yay the IG pass thier rout test.
The Ogryn stands back up and stands there. Captain Maddock rolls over but he's still down and its not good.
The rest of the IG shooting is SHOCKING [all 1 and 2's aarrgghhh where are the dice gods!!!!!]

The eldar check their resolve and pass but the Eldar are in bad shape with the Warlock down the exodites fail to do anything and the officers take a pounding from the ork boy pistols. more eldar fall stunned to the ground. One exodite flees the battle field his nerve breaking from being grazed by the orc shooting from the kommandos.

The Orks of cad1an are getting ready to attack but need to do a rout test and pass again [dam you to heck] the trash-kan gets ready to end the life of the IG but gets so excited he pisses all over the controls the trash-kan jerks to a halt. its looking good for the IG they will get revenge on his kan-arse. but wait the sneaky boss shoots at the IG and takes out another a grunt the IG are going to have to check their nerve again and it not going to good.

the Bruni boy nob gives the Exarch a swift kick but leaves it up to his boy to finish the Warlock off OOA for the Eldar leader.
can the Eldar hold on or will their line crumble as did their leader.

Turn 6:

The IG tried to hold the line but with Maddock down the Orks of cad1an breathing down their necks they decided to flee like babies from the field [two 6's on the rout test OMFG!!!!!] the IG flee and the field belongs to the Orks.

The Eldar also test for resolve and fail as well they too flee with their lacey knickers around their ankles.

the Orks do a dance of victory as the "Good guys" run screaming......

================================================================================

I am sure I've mised some things and bound to have some things out of sequence but you get the over all feel of the game it was brutal. those dam grotz kept on crting my IG's i was dam lucky not rolling those 5-6's on the injury roll.

end game:

IG: 3 OOA's
2 recovered [Leuitenant, Grunt]
1 DEAD Sarge Mutton was fried.

Eldar: 3 OOA's
Warlock Recovered
Exarch Recovered
Striking Scorpion [serious injury: -1BS,Robbed [lost all equipment], Full recoveery, Full recovery, Miss Next game, Immune to fear, ]

The Bruni Boyz: 1 OOA
Ork Boys Recovered

The cad1an boyz : 3 OOA
Werid Boy DEAD
Grot DEAD
Grot Recovered.

Though the Orks of cad1an won the day they lost two units, the IG got ... well lets just say for my first go with them it may be the last [I WANT MY ORKS!!!!] it could have been worse NO wait it COULDN'T have been the amount of times i failed to hit and wound was beyond belief......
As for the eldar well i'll leave that up to Theo to comment on. The Bruni had the best game one OOA and he recovered.

great game here are a few questions we got from it and views from all 4 players:

Lord GreyWolf
cad1an
The Bruni
Theo

• Ork Blasta and Kustom Blasta:
    the description stats its : Psitol, Assault 1, Pistol 1

which is it?????

• The Eldar player has his officers in a 2nd level ruined building the Ork player wants to charge them.
    Can he?
    does he need to do an iniative test to climb up? considering how low their iniative is this is dam hard.

• flamer hits a downed unit does the stunned unit get his cover save [eg 2+ cover save for being down]?

• The Orks loose two units so they test at the begining of their next turn to see if they rout. they pass .
    do they have to test the following turn to see if they rout ro do they only do another test when they loose another unit?

• Do flamers set units alight? eg on fire?

Will Post pics tomorrow night...

cheers
LGW
Back to top Go down
Kiwi

Kiwi

Rumble Down Under Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rumble Down Under   Rumble Down Under I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 21, 2010 12:40 am

Rumble Down Under 373457 Now I'm really desperate to finish my squad and get a game!
Nice battle report hopefully the IG will do better next time (The eldar were probably holding them back) Very Happy .
Back to top Go down
Lord GreyWolf

Lord GreyWolf

Rumble Down Under Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rumble Down Under   Rumble Down Under I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 21, 2010 12:49 am

Thx Kiwi,

was a fun game [even though I lost]

haven't gotten the pics yet hopefully soon.
will post them once they have been emailed to me.

Cheers
LGW
Back to top Go down
Lord GreyWolf

Lord GreyWolf

Rumble Down Under Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rumble Down Under   Rumble Down Under I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 21, 2010 9:02 am

Rumble Down Under Img6289s
Lord GreyWolf sets up the Imperial Guard Urban fighters.

Rumble Down Under Img6291q
cad1an's Orks prepare for battle.

Rumble Down Under Img6292z
TheBruni's Orks WAAAGGGHHH!! Up.

Rumble Down Under Img6297h
Theo's Eldar do what they do best and Hide....

Rumble Down Under Img6306o
The Eldar Warlock has delusions of grandeur

]Rumble Down Under Img6314o
The Eldar Exarch gets a sound thrashing from the Ork Nob & Boy

Rumble Down Under Img6320pi
Ogryn Stunned, Captain Maddock KO'd not looking good for the IG, what will happen next?

Rumble Down Under Img6322kx
OMFG!!!! two Roll 6 when doing a routing test is NOT GOOD!!!!

Rumble Down Under Img6323l
the boyz: LGW, Theo, cad1an, TheBruni.

Cheers
LGW
Back to top Go down
Da Bank

Da Bank

Rumble Down Under Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rumble Down Under   Rumble Down Under I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 22, 2010 12:08 pm

Nice pics and battle report!
Back to top Go down
Lord GreyWolf

Lord GreyWolf

Rumble Down Under Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rumble Down Under   Rumble Down Under I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 22, 2010 2:18 pm

thx Da Bank.

got another game today Ork Vs Nurgle Chaos Cult. Should be an interesting game.

Will take pics and post a battle report on that game depending on time we might even try for two games.

Cheers
LGW
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

Rumble Down Under Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rumble Down Under   Rumble Down Under I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 23, 2010 4:08 pm

Holy cow... your Weirdboy's head exploded!!! HA! A great 4 way... looked action packed. Your terrain is gorgeous!

Regarding your questions....
  • Ork Blasta and Kustom Blasta: the description stats its : Assault 1, Pistol 1
    which is it?????
    It should be BOTH... Assault 1 and Pistol 1. This means that you can stand still and shoot at no penalty 2 shots (Pistol 1), move and shoot once at no penalty (Assault 1) and use the Blasta in Close Combat, 1 shot (Pistol).
    This weapon is basically a pistol that negates the -1 to BS when moving. The range is short and Orks usually need 5+ to-hit; this encourages the Ork players to move, because their strong point is Close Combat. Its a gentle shove ( Ninja ) so players moves towards the WAAAGH!

• The Eldar player has his officers in a 2nd level ruined building the Ork player wants to charge them.
    Can he? Does he need to do an initiative test to climb up? Considering how low their initiative is this is dam hard.
    Yes they can. You Charge as normal, but have to make appropriate climbing tests. Yes, this move is particularly hard for Orks... it frustrates them to no end. Since their Toughness is so high, they do not tend to take damage. Remember, if you are in base of the building, the climb is 2" or less AND the Eldar is with 1" of the edge you CAN perform a Safe Climbing move (no test required, but you can't move more than 2")... so EVENTUALLY you can climb up. Slowly, but steadily.

• flamer hits a downed unit does the stunned unit get his cover save [eg 2+ cover save for being down]?
    The Down Unit gets +2 to Cover Save when shot at... but the Flamer NEGATES Cover Saves, so they target is DOOMED! Hahahaha! Roll to-wound as normal.

• The Orks loose two units so they test at the beginning of their next turn to see if they rout. they pass .
    do they have to test the following turn to see if they rout ro do they only do another test when they loose another unit?
    Under the current rules, you test EVERY Turn, so on your next Turn you roll again. Play-Testing of the current rules have showed holes on the fun-factor so Routing is being revised again. 98% sure that the current suggested revisions will stay... Voluntary Routing after 25% loss remains, but Compulsory Routing will be removed. Instead we will be moving to Random Game Length (more on the higher number of turns side, Scenario specific). This is being discussed by the Contributors at the moment, so no further discussions on the topic will be entertained at the moment in this thread.

• Do flamers set units alight? eg on fire?
    No. It is complicated (in term of game mechanics. We tried LONG time ago, and the book keeping was annoying. It is assumed that those who were not wounded got small, insignificant burns. As a matter of fact, the Framer's Volatile rule came to be because of serious attempts to make the enemy be set on fire.
Back to top Go down
http://www.DeathSquadsGame.com
Kiwi

Kiwi

Rumble Down Under Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rumble Down Under   Rumble Down Under I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 24, 2010 12:21 am

Great pics and extremely fancy terrain (at least by my low ,low standards). Look forward to reading about your next game!
Back to top Go down
DeafNala

DeafNala

Rumble Down Under Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rumble Down Under   Rumble Down Under I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 09, 2010 8:18 am

OH BABY, PHOTOS I LOVE photos of minis in their natural environs. GREAT looking game & a FINE looking group of gamers! What a Face
Back to top Go down
Lord GreyWolf

Lord GreyWolf

Rumble Down Under Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rumble Down Under   Rumble Down Under I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 10, 2010 5:03 am

LOL LOL

thx DeafNala

the Terrain is cad1an's and It made the game so much better [better then my crappy terrain Embarassed Embarassed]

will be heading over to the Mount again for another games day end of next week will be play testing my Nurgle Chaos Cultists.

Cheers
LGW

will post battle report afterwards.
Back to top Go down
Da Bank

Da Bank

Rumble Down Under Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rumble Down Under   Rumble Down Under I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 10, 2010 8:04 am

Maybe when we win the lottery we can schedule a Death Squad World Wide Tournament.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Rumble Down Under Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rumble Down Under   Rumble Down Under I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rumble Down Under
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Death Squads Game Forums :: Death Squads - Community :: Campaigns & Battle Reports-
Jump to: