Death Squads Game Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Official Community of the Fan-Made 40k Skirmish Wargame Death Squads!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Loxatl

Go down 
+3
Gatlag Stonetooth
edward
Rogal Dorn
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Rogal Dorn

Rogal Dorn

The Loxatl Empty
PostSubject: The Loxatl   The Loxatl I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 25, 2010 10:06 pm

The Loxatl
Our advance scouts were there when the Makers left and put the Sleepers into the deathless tombs, and we watched and we waited.

We were witness to the Boneshapers at the peak of their power and saw the slow decline caused by the creeping rot of their pride. We saw in their hour of greatest desperation how they ripped the fabric of reality and caused the Great Eye rip in space time. And we bided our time letting the Great Spawning grounds fill with new life.

Our warriors saw the Angry Green Ones grow to become imperfect mockeries of the societies they came into contact with and begin to spread out like a cancer. So intent on the rage of their first tentative steps outwards from their worlds of birth were they, they took no notice of our watchers.

Our spies and agents watched the Pale Ones bungle their way into the galaxy only to nearly destroy themselves in holocaustic wars that set the galaxy ablaze. We thought them surely all dead only to watch them rise like the fabled salamander of legend from the burning ashes of their demise. We watched from the shadows as the Shining Golden One came from the ranks and began his crusade to reunite the lost tribes of the Pale ones. We took pleasure in seeing the Large Armoured ones turn one each other and the Shining Golden One and fight a brutal tribal war that again nearly destroyed the Pale ones. Still we waited our numbers were not yet great enough in this galaxy to show our hand yet.

Our agents were close by when the Pale ones in a bid to control the galactic plane woke the Deathless Sleepers who began a crusade of terror in the name of their Makers. We watched and stayed to the darkness of the outer planets and wished the Sleepers well in hopes they would end the reign of the Pale ones.

As the Ssleepers swept across the galaxy in their war to end all life our city states grew and flourished. Then the first Marked one was born, the leaders claimed it was due to the rip the Boneshapers made, whatever the cause our warrior society was now home to the first Seers. The home worlds of our ancestry had no such beings only in this galaxy did they arise so the leaders theory seemed logical. It was the Marked ones that foresaw the coming of the other outsiders.

We learned later that the Pale ones gave the new arrivals a name, named after the world they first made contact with them. It was not the first world the outsiders saw but when we met them head-on for the first time we thought of them only as food. When the Bio-fleets came we took what we could separate from the main body and even farm raised some as a maintainable and renewable source of protein. We realized as the other outsiders began to establish a foothold here that they had an ability to mutate organic material to suit the protein chains they needed to survive. We were more or less immune to these mutagenic forces due to our metabolic rate. Again we watched as the Bio-fleets swept across the galactic disc and tried to convert all life to their ends. We waited and knew if the new arrivals could take this galaxy for themselves we could then take it from them for our use. Again the Pale ones proved more resilient than hoped for and defeated or drove off Bio-fleet after Bio-fleet. We were not dismayed but we were not yet ready so we waited.

We witnessed the Twisted Ones as they poured from the Great Eye. These were of little concern to us as they seem bent on the destruction of the Pale ones and the Boneshapers. They took little note of us and we paid them no mind willing them on in the destruction of the Pale ones. The wars between the Twisted and the Pale were a great delight to us though it seemed neither would ever get an advantage over the other. So we waited and watched and grew.

As we got stronger we were witness to the advent of the Exo-skeletal ones. Their worlds were small in number but they made up for that with advanced technology. They came out into the galactic disc armed and armoured to be the first to achieve domination. Then they too met the Pale ones and the resilient little primates proved again they were not to be taken out of the universe easily.

Our city states have become city worlds. Our warrior skills have been honed and tested over hundreds of centuries. Our weaponry is on a level with the best this galaxy has to offer or better. Our spawning pools team with new warriors and every so often new Marked ones ready to begin the years long study to adulthood. This galaxy is in turmoil from internal and external forces all of which we have witnessed. Now is the time of the Loxatl. No longer will we watch and wait for the Pale ones and their enemies to eliminate themselves. Today is our time we will conquer this galaxy as our own for the glory of the Feathered Serpent maker and unmaker of the universe. Bow to the will of the Cold Ones or be swept aside.
A staunchly patriarchal and militant centric society, the Loxatl left behind the worlds of their origin, in a nearby nebula cloud galaxy after having subdued and conquered all the habitable worlds. Those warbands with the vision to look to future expansion spread outwards in every direction in search of new worlds to establish as Loxatl empires. Finding a suitable planetary system on the very fringe of this galactic disc Slsssk I’slsssk, the first Warlord of the Golden Iguanadon warband, and their mates established a beach-head and tenuous toe hold in this galaxy. Sons and devotees of the Feathered Serpent Brood they began to send small scouting teams abroad to gather data on how many habitable planets were in this galaxy and what if any obstacles stood in the way of the pre-ordained subjugation of this system. The scouts returned with good and ill tidings. Many planets were perfect for the breeding of Loxatl castes, but a race of ‘Super Beings’ and the robotic slaves they had created held nearly every livable space here. It was decided and made law by Slsssk to build strength and numbers before venturing forth in strength.

The centuries passed swiftly and at the end of only two thousand sidereal years they had built the first city on the first planet in this new territory The planet they named Titixauachan, after the Feathered Serpent, and the new city they named Slssskxauachan, in honor of Slsssk I’Slsssk who finished his final life cycle and passed the vale of scales to sit at the right hand of Titixau only one thousand sidereal since first arrival time. Slsssk I’Slsssk The Second, having succeeded his father, began a breeding program of the lower castes the workers and scout classes as the population was not ready for the normal succession through ritual combat. He has been quoted as the author of "A society is built on the back of it’s indentured servants so work 'till death and the Feathered Serpent may look on you with less disdain." The small ones bred fast and several generations of slave labor had neared completion of a second city state by the time the first Grey Ones, or scout class, were finishing their final training.

The Years of the Grey Ones
During the reign of Slsssk I’Slsssk The Second, the first of the native born scouts went abroad. Their caste being adept at stealth and observation they were set to watch all the habitable worlds in this new home galaxy. It was the scouts who saw the Makers suddenly depart this galaxy leaving behind the deathless machine slaves they had created. The machines were plentiful and strong while we were only just beginning to build. So it was a sad but also hopeful day when the scouts began to return and make report to Slsssk I’Slsssk The Second. It was decreed that they would continue with the plans to breed the Grey Ones for a time, yet to watch the Makers' slaves.

It was at this point in our new history that the first Ritual Combats also began as we were slowly breeding the Komodo caste ‘The Dragon Brood’ ,from the Komodo’s came all the warlords, those of the Iguanadon line historically. Those who were not killed during ritual combats but were defeated became our generals and field marshals. Now that Slsssk the second was nearing his end time this first combat trial was a time of great celebration. Tonixchuacan the Brutal became our first Warlord by right of combat. Tonixchuacan ruled when the Makers machines went to their endless sleep time and it was hoped that finally we could make our bid for mastery of this new galaxy. It was not to be. The Feathered Serpent saw fit to place a new timeline in front of us. It was decided we would continue building our strengths. Titixauachan was now a planet of four city states and we were breeding different castes in each of them. We were growing fast but could not outpace the new race that had begun to spread across the galaxy’s face.

The Time of the Boneshapers
The Boneshapers or Bonesingers seemed to literally grow like crops from the soil of many different worlds at once. Tonixchuacan at first saw them only as a threat due to how rapidly they bred it was to us like watching fleas spreading on a Qetzl bird. From the reports filtering back it quickly became apparent that the rapidity of their lives was not our only need for fearing them.

Moving this here for now still fleshing these guys out.
Back to top Go down
edward

edward

The Loxatl Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Loxatl   The Loxatl I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 25, 2010 11:43 pm

post minis..plz
Back to top Go down
Rogal Dorn

Rogal Dorn

The Loxatl Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Loxatl   The Loxatl I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 28, 2010 11:51 am

Not that far along yet but have a few easy ideas.
Back to top Go down
Gatlag Stonetooth

Gatlag Stonetooth

The Loxatl Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Loxatl   The Loxatl I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 30, 2010 4:10 am

Nice read!
You know "Xenology"? A Black Library book in which several species are described, I also believe the Loxatl were in it. Must look that up. I think it'll be pretty hard to get a copy of it though as it's out of print for some time now. The cover looks like this:

The Loxatl 61MZEA1WAEL._SS500_

It's available here as used on amazon but the price is hefty! I paid much less.
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

The Loxatl Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Loxatl   The Loxatl I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 30, 2010 12:08 pm

I have a PDF copy...

GREAT write up! Many of the names are 'aztec' in sound, so I bet that you can't say Titixauachan (which is very similar to the great Aztec city of Tenochtitlan!) 3 times fast!

Back to top Go down
http://www.DeathSquadsGame.com
Rogal Dorn

Rogal Dorn

The Loxatl Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Loxatl   The Loxatl I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 30, 2010 3:27 pm

Will have to backtrack e-book logs may have that as well. And teetee wha kaan would be fairly easy to say fast i think Smile
Back to top Go down
jd3

jd3

The Loxatl Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Loxatl   The Loxatl I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 28, 2010 9:27 pm

Mordheimer wrote:
I have a PDF copy...

GREAT write up! Many of the names are 'aztec' in sound, so I bet that you can't say Titixauachan (which is very similar to the great Aztec city of Tenochtitlan!) 3 times fast!

Do want! Email me a copy pretty please please.
Back to top Go down
edward

edward

The Loxatl Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Loxatl   The Loxatl I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 28, 2010 11:56 pm

yes could you email me also the codex sounds cooll
Back to top Go down
Skraag

Skraag

The Loxatl Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Loxatl   The Loxatl I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 29, 2010 4:14 am

While you are at it could you just add my email to the cc Wink
Back to top Go down
Toeko

Toeko

The Loxatl Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Loxatl   The Loxatl I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 4:23 pm

I wouldn't mind a copy either
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

The Loxatl Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Loxatl   The Loxatl I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 6:31 pm

I can't send any email copies... it would be illegal.

THANK YOU ALL FOR PUTTING ME ON THE SPOT-LIGHT.

PS: I have an email... a PERSONAL and PRIVATE email.
Back to top Go down
http://www.DeathSquadsGame.com
Sponsored content

The Loxatl Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Loxatl   The Loxatl I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Loxatl
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Death Squads Game Forums :: Death Squads - Community :: Squad Backgrounds, Stories & other Fan Fiction-
Jump to: