Death Squads Game Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Official Community of the Fan-Made 40k Skirmish Wargame Death Squads!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Cult of the Serpent

Go down 
+3
moggd
Kiwi
Lord GreyWolf
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Lord GreyWolf

Lord GreyWolf

The Cult of the Serpent Empty
PostSubject: The Cult of the Serpent   The Cult of the Serpent I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 26, 2010 9:06 pm

Got bored last night [Wife/kids and I am sick and have been for a week now when will it end]

so here is what my feverish mind has created.

Chaos Marine Of Tzeentch:
The Cult of the Serpent 1005563 The Cult of the Serpent 1005565x
The Cult of the Serpent 1005566 The Cult of the Serpent 1005567

Aspiring Champion Of Tzeentch:
The Cult of the Serpent 1005568o The Cult of the Serpent 1005569j
The Cult of the Serpent 1005570u The Cult of the Serpent 1005571

Aspiring Champion Of Tzeentch:
The Cult of the Serpent 1005573 The Cult of the Serpent 1005574
The Cult of the Serpent 1005575 The Cult of the Serpent 1005576i

Chosen of Tzeentch:
The Cult of the Serpent 1005577h The Cult of the Serpent 1005578
The Cult of the Serpent 1005579 The Cult of the Serpent 1005580

Chosen Of Tzeentch:
The Cult of the Serpent 1005581 The Cult of the Serpent 1005583
The Cult of the Serpent 1005584b The Cult of the Serpent 1005585v

Annihilators of Tzeentch:
The Cult of the Serpent 1005586
The Cult of the Serpent 1005587d
The Cult of the Serpent 1005588
The Cult of the Serpent 1005589

Cultists of Tzeentch:
The Cult of the Serpent 1005590k
The Cult of the Serpent 1005591
The Cult of the Serpent 1005592
The Cult of the Serpent 1005593x

Still got to make up a Daemon but can't do that till they decide what the Tzeentch force will have.
haven't taken Saboteurs for this squad went with Meat shields in stead.

Cheers
LGW
Back to top Go down
Kiwi

Kiwi

PostSubject: Re: The Cult of the Serpent   The Cult of the Serpent I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 26, 2010 11:56 pm

Looking good, what did you use for the snake icons?
Back to top Go down
Lord GreyWolf

Lord GreyWolf

PostSubject: Re: The Cult of the Serpent   The Cult of the Serpent I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 27, 2010 12:15 am

Kiwi wrote:
Looking good, what did you use for the snake icons?

Thx.

As far as I know I think they are either WHFB Dark Elf or Elf shield symbols.

Cheers
LGW
Back to top Go down
moggd

moggd

PostSubject: Re: The Cult of the Serpent   The Cult of the Serpent I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 27, 2010 12:37 am

Wow, those are some cool conversions. I wish I had the imagination and guts to do something like that.
Back to top Go down
Lord GreyWolf

Lord GreyWolf

PostSubject: Re: The Cult of the Serpent   The Cult of the Serpent I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 27, 2010 12:47 am

moggd wrote:
Wow, those are some cool conversions. I wish I had the imagination and guts to do something like that.

All I can say is give it ago. Alot of the time its trial and error for me.

for example the two chosen have only got the front torso part. I had like for marine torso front bitz but no back parts. So I filled it up with green stuff and then added the vehicle part to hide the GS.

I wanted the Aspiring champions weapons to be oversized and the chosen who are lesser officers have smaller weapons to help denote rank eaiser on the battle field.

The cultist may never get shields but I needed something to attache the serpent icon to and I a few combat shields left over.

Now what colours to paint them?

Blue and Gold which is the traditional colours.
or Purple and Green? Blue and white? Green and Gold? any ideas?

Cheers
LGW
Back to top Go down
edward

edward

PostSubject: Re: The Cult of the Serpent   The Cult of the Serpent I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 27, 2010 1:22 am

cool conversions.....but your big beefy guys seem more khorne then tzentech . i always though tzentch cultist would be all robed and hooded

btw your chaos marine is awesome
Back to top Go down
Lord GreyWolf

Lord GreyWolf

PostSubject: Re: The Cult of the Serpent   The Cult of the Serpent I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 27, 2010 1:44 am

edward wrote:
cool conversions.....but your big beefy guys seem more khorne then tzentech . i always though tzentch cultist would be all robed and hooded

btw your chaos marine is awesome

it was going to be either Tzeentch or Khorne and I liked the Tzeentch list better. as for big and beefy I am putting it down to the planet they were recruited from. [eg they are sort of squatish *wink* *wink*]

and the CSM would have the strongest followers. I'll write up some fluff that will polish the conversions and make them legit....the Chaos Space Marine [eg Necron lord body] is not beefy enough for Khorne but as a Tzeentch Psyker he is great. Not all of Tzeentch followers have mutations hence why they wear alot of robes. This cult is new so they don't need to hide their bodies but as they progress and become more entwined in Tzeentch's grasp the mutations will start to appear.

Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Cheers
LGW

Back to top Go down
edward

edward

PostSubject: Re: The Cult of the Serpent   The Cult of the Serpent I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 27, 2010 1:56 am

cool i must say tzentch is my fav chaos god and if i were to do cultists it would be tzentch
Back to top Go down
Lord GreyWolf

Lord GreyWolf

PostSubject: Re: The Cult of the Serpent   The Cult of the Serpent I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 27, 2010 2:05 am

got to get some more GS to fix up some of the joins on the aspiring champions or i might get some chain and wrap it around the joins to hid the gaps. [at $17NZD for Gs its not cheap to buy]

Just need to sort out the colours. I want something different for them.

Cheers
LGW
Back to top Go down
the_real_Deus

the_real_Deus

PostSubject: Re: The Cult of the Serpent   The Cult of the Serpent I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 27, 2010 7:24 am

Honestly I've to say that I didn't like any of this conversations, sorry.

They are looking like crudely attached parts from the bitz box. Most of the parts have different proportions. That gives the models an odd look.
Only the cultists looks mostly "right" but for the right space marine arm.

@Price of GS: Don't buy the overpriced stuff from GW! Look to other stores. You'll find cheaper ones for sure.

Dreadnought Thought of the Day: Innocence proves nothing Dreadnought
Back to top Go down
DeafNala

DeafNala

PostSubject: Re: The Cult of the Serpent   The Cult of the Serpent I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 27, 2010 7:50 am

EXCELLLENT kit bashing....the mix of different pieces give the Lads a unique feel. A FINE START! What a Face
Back to top Go down
Lord GreyWolf

Lord GreyWolf

PostSubject: Re: The Cult of the Serpent   The Cult of the Serpent I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 27, 2010 8:01 am

the_real_Deus wrote:
Honestly I've to say that I didn't like any of this conversations, sorry.

They are looking like crudely attached parts from the bitz box. Most of the parts have different proportions. That gives the models an odd look.
Only the cultists looks mostly "right" but for the right space marine arm.

@Price of GS: Don't buy the overpriced stuff from GW! Look to other stores. You'll find cheaper ones for sure.

well thx for the crit any chance for some constructive feedback????

Like I said this is a BITZ BOX squad and one I don't/didn't want to spend money on. as for other options for GS please list as many suppliers and prices you can give me. As we don't get much stuff here in NZ and if we do the cost of getting it from over seas is horrendious. Most of the stores [which are well over an hours drive from where I live] ONLY stock GW green stuff.

@ DeafNala: thx means alot from you.

Cheers
LGW
Back to top Go down
the_real_Deus

the_real_Deus

PostSubject: Re: The Cult of the Serpent   The Cult of the Serpent I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 27, 2010 8:29 am

As I said you put to much different models with to different proportions together.

Look at your first Aspiring Champion. His right arm has way to much muscles and the hand is to big for a human. I would try to stick to Space Marine arms and just change the weapon in or try some IG arms. They might fit. But you should take both arms from the same model. Different arms, even if they are just slightly different, look very strange.
The legs are to big too and have this characteristic ork-look. They are somewhat short legged and bent to much. Additionally the ass is stretched out to far for a human.

You mixed to much different models into one.
If you convert humans try to stick at human parts.

Hope that helps and doesn't read to blunt.

Back to top Go down
Lord GreyWolf

Lord GreyWolf

PostSubject: Re: The Cult of the Serpent   The Cult of the Serpent I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 27, 2010 8:41 am

thank you for the constructive feed back...

the whole mix match look was what I wanted. I guess its part of their mutations. Big butts and hands etc.
Rather then horns, tenticles and extra arms.

Quote :

exactly if I was doing humans [eg Imperial guard] I would want the same type of model but its Chaos so the mix matching not quite human is just right.

imagine a squad of humans has an encounter with Tzeentch the result is this not quite human slash mix match. they are nether hunman nor any other race. they are CHAOS. and considering Chaos has many different variants and ways of coming together who knows what they would look like. This is merely my representation of a Tzeentch squad. [quite a cheap one $0.00NZD]

Cheers
LGW

Back to top Go down
Da Bank

Da Bank

PostSubject: Re: The Cult of the Serpent   The Cult of the Serpent I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 27, 2010 9:25 am

Wow! Nice conversions.
Back to top Go down
the_real_Deus

the_real_Deus

PostSubject: Re: The Cult of the Serpent   The Cult of the Serpent I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 30, 2010 7:23 am

Lord GreyWolf wrote:
the_real_Deus wrote:

exactly if I was doing humans [eg Imperial guard] I would want the same type of model but its Chaos so the mix matching not quite human is just right.

imagine a squad of humans has an encounter with Tzeentch the result is this not quite human slash mix match. they are nether hunman nor any other race. they are CHAOS. and considering Chaos has many different variants and ways of coming together who knows what they would look like. This is merely my representation of a Tzeentch squad. [quite a cheap one $0.00NZD]

Alright
That should be said in the starting post. Helps to not getting confused I think Cool .

But you've still to do some more fine-tuning. The transitions between Ork- and IG-Parts should be a bit more neatly. Cut some away and use Green Stuff or your preferred puty.
Just use Google and look a bit. There are many other products which are mostly much cheaper than "original" GS of GW.

As always this is meant to be constructive. As a bunch of mutating chaos-worshiping insane heretics your Death Squads is a great idea.
I'm excited to see more of them.

Dreadnought Thought of the Day: If a job's worth doing it's worth dying for! Dreadnought
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Cult of the Serpent   The Cult of the Serpent I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Cult of the Serpent
Page 1 of 1