The Official Community of the Fan-Made 40k Skirmish Wargame Death Squads!

HomeFAQSearchRegisterLog in

Share | 

White Waaagh! - Ork Battle Reports Summer 09 Campaign

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Mordheimer

PostSubject: White Waaagh! - Ork Battle Reports Summer 09 Campaign   Mon Oct 12, 2009 9:46 am

I can't believe I have not posted my battle reports! I love story-based games, and after every game I make a short story about it (rather than a play-by-play). During our v0.3.0 Test Campaign, I wrote LOTS of reports. I also gave the bug to the group... who wrote many reports based on 'their side' of the battle. Eventually, we started writing little tease and references to each other Squads. It was VERY cool indeed! Cool

Howdy Guys! Here to share my battle reports on the current play-test campaign. The Campaign was composed of 6 players: 2 Imperial Guard Squads, 2 Ork Mobs, 1 Imperial Renegade Squad and 1 Craftworld Eldar Squad. This thread will encompass my reports... and what happens to my Ork Mob and my would-be-galaxy-warlord Nob, The Albino. Yes, he is back! From our last campaign, Gorkop Da Whitt Won a.k.a The Albino is a rare Ork. Albino (minty green color) and smart, this Nob is gearing up for a massive Waaagh! in this planet.

Be warned... this is practically a short book... it is over 20 pages long! I tend to write lots... so brace for impact! Muahahahaha! So, bookmark the page... grab a drink & enjoy!

====================Skull====================

The Fall of Melkor
Campaign Prelude
The world of Karameikos IV was a major producer of Corelium, a catalytic compound that allowed the refinement of highly pure promethium. Now the southern continent is a certified Terranus Venenosi, producer of weapons for the Imperium. After 100 years of semi-automatic production, there was a great earthquake in the northern continent. Karameikos moved resources to assist the population... but the Manofactoriums production levels fell below 7%. Someone was needed to go and investigate.

A small, but elite group of Imperial Guardsmen, led by Colonel Commissar DaBank, were assigned to travel to the southern continent, gather intelligence and restart the Manofactoriums if possible. Upon their arrival they discovered the presence of Orks, led by an albino. After securing several sectors, it was discovered that The Albino had his Mekboys rewiring the Weapon Manofactoriums and the production levels had been increased to 32%. An Engineering Team was sent to location... only to be almost assassinated by The Albino. The battle to save the Chief Engineer (with the findings of the Albino's plan) and take him to the Launching Pad 736-Alpha was brutal, but the VIP managed to escape to safety. While Colonel Commissar DaBank was preparing to leave the city of Melkor, he discovered that some traitors had been gathering in this inhospitable place... Imperial Renegade forces were planning to overtake the government!

It was almost 20 years ago, that tired of the bureaucratic abuses of the Imperial Vice-Governor, the first signs of dissident sentiments among the population of Karameikos spawned. Peaceful demonstrations had ended with the brutal assassination of the protesters and martial law. The populace resigned to their miserable lives; there was nothing that they could do. When the great earthquake hit the northern continent, the government redirected humanitarian aid to the higher sections of the Capital Hive City and to the few 'elite' citizens. People died by the thousands; pestilence, deceased, hunger and despair were common among the earthquake victims.

At best, pleads for help were received with apathy; most likely they would be received at the wrong end of a lasgun. The abuse had to stop... a small number of former military generals and several sympathizers took arms and are planning a hostile takeover of the government. The plan is not to become an independent planet, away from the Imperium, but to change the local government. A small force was of military men were sent to the southern continent’s city of Melkor, to appropriate weapons from the Manofactoriums and warehouses in preparation for civil war. Unknown to everyone, some of the high ranking military generals have been corrupted by Chaos. The Squad they sent to procure the weapons is led by some of their trusted Agents and they have a different vision for Karameikos.

In a different region of the Galaxy, the Eldar Farseers predicted doom to their Craftworld. The corridors of space and time all converge on Karameikos. Something big is to happen in this area... whatever it is, it will cause major destruction to their region of space. A young Exarch and commandos must be sent to this world. Their mission is to study the situation, plant Warp Orbs, and gather tactical information to create a Warp Gate or destroy the planet if possible. Karameikos must be secured for the Eldars’ survival.

This will be the beginning of a new chapter in the history of Karameikos IV.

This is the beginning of the end.

Support Bacteria; it is the ONLY culture some people have!
Since I ask "What do you think?" to all Staff, I have included it here to save time.

DoZer Flamethrower Mordheimer Justice NEEDS to be Served! Maybe 3rd Degree burns will teach you not to Tom Sawyer me to work!

Last edited by Mordheimer on Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:00 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.DeathSquadsGame.com
Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: White Waaagh! - Ork Battle Reports Summer 09 Campaign   Mon Oct 12, 2009 9:48 am

The White Waaagh!
Ork Mob's Prelude
The Ork Boyz were rowdy. Surrounding a roaring fire they were screaming and hollering at the moon. Even the Gretchins were dancing in a maddening rave, trying not to get stomped by their bigger enslavers. Choppas and Sluggas in the air, the Orks were ready for battle. The only Ork sitting quietly was The Albino. His muscles glistened in the firelight while he held a datapad almost undisturbed. Yes, this would-be Warboss not only could read human, but he understood the concept of passive acquiring knowledge to apply it to warfare. His massive physique and his intelligence were only surpassed by his desire to see the Galaxy burn in the biggest Waaagh! since the great Ork Warlord Ghazghkull Mag Uruk Thraka at Armageddon.

The humans had no idea… he already stashed enough weapons to take this miserable planet. Now, he was looking for something else. It was time for his second plan to enter in motion. He looked up, and saw the Boyz already in a fist fight. They were good examples of young inexperienced blood thirsty warriors... but he was not the one establishing the warmongering mood. It was Warpedfang… again. This ‘Ard Boy had no concept of patience and was eager to fight barehanded a Hierophant biotitan at any moment. He would had to deal with Warpedfang soon.

The Albino raised his hand, expecting the Orks to be quiet. Instead, the Boyz mistook his gesture as one of encouragement and they started trying to play ‘toos da Grot ova da fire’. Warpedfang looked The Albino in the eye and in defiance started screaming at the Boyz of dreams of war. The Albino grabbed his Big Choppa, quickly stood up and roared with such power that people at Karameikos IX would had felt his might. Everyone reacted. Most of the Boyz froze, the Kommandoz sat… Warpedfang snarled at the leader with one of the Boyz on his side, hand reaching for his Choppa.

Before the ‘Arb Boy could do anything else, he felt his own blood soaking his chest. Looking down he could see a long Imperial issue glaive sword pressed against his throat. The previously polished Aquila now was stain with his blood. A meaty hand yanked his hair back and he could see Werzzhim’s profile. In his deep voice the Sneaky Boss, imitating a human accent, said loud enough for everyone to hear.

- When da Boss raises ’is ’and, it means everyone grows all quiet an’ sneaky. You be a good Grot an’ do dat… or Werzzhim makes you all quiet an’ sneaky foreva.

As soon as he spoke, the Kommandoz laughed in approval mocking Warpedfanged and impressed at the speed of their boss. Even his ally abandoned him, kicking him behind the knees forcibly sitting him down. The Boy looked sheepishly at The Albino, with a nervous grin looking for any sign of approval. The other Boyz started to grunt and raised Choppas in expectation of a fight. Instead The Albino raised his hand again. This time, the only ones making sounds were the crickets.

- Da time for Waaagh! is now! We is da strongest. We is da weapons. Now, we need da tanks an’ da planes. Soon Gorka an’ Morka will cumm to us wiv deir presence... an’ we will take dis miserable planet an’ den da stars! Grab your Choppaz... its killin’ time!!!

That was the signal all Orks needed… the Fall of Melkor was already in progress.

Since I ask "What do you think?" to all Staff, I have included it here to save time.

DoZer Flamethrower Mordheimer Justice NEEDS to be Served! Maybe 3rd Degree burns will teach you not to Tom Sawyer me to work!

Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: White Waaagh! - Ork Battle Reports Summer 09 Campaign   Mon Oct 12, 2009 9:56 am

Game 01: Skirmish
Ork vs. Eldar
The Ork Mobs marched within the ruined city of Melkor. While the Great Earthquake had little to no impact on the southern continent, centuries of contamination and neglect just compounded to what the meteorite showers did a long ago. The Albino knew the terrain… but it was the first time the Boyz were out of the mines. Near a residential area, Kommandoz squawked the signal; they had visitors ahead. It would be a great exercise for the Boyz. Moving into position, The Albino ordered a full-front attack. This time, the damned Colonel DaBank would die. It was time to take the torn out of his back.

While the Boyz moved, The Albino stopped on his tracks… only the feeble struggle of the Gretchin he was stepping upon got him out of the trance. These were not ordinary humans. They moved quickly… and were dressed in vivid color uniforms. Something was wrong; DaBank always tried to blend with the terrain. These ones were easily spotted, even for the crossed-eyed Weirdboy. It was as if these people either wanted to die quickly or were confident that they could wear a bull’s eye for their Sluggas.

No matter… The Albino knew they pose no challenge and the Boyz needed the exercise. His force was split on three: The Weirboy, Skummgobbler, with a Grot Battery in-training and an unlucky Boy to the far right, Warpedfang, 2 Boyz and a Gretchin to the far left, and The Albino, Rotskull (his 2nd in Command ‘Ard Boy), 2 Boyz and a Gretchin-stool in the middle. The Sneaky Boss, Werzzhim, and his Kommandoz were nowhere to be seen… sneaky as always.

While they were running towards the enemy, shots started to land near Warpedfang. He looked up, and barely managed to see two snipers upon a very tall building. They were slender, with pale skin and pointed ears… and they were being sneaky. He hated sneaky! He grabbed his Gretching, almost breaking his neck, and tossed him over 40 feet in the air toward the sneaky bastards. He was very short of his mark, but the Gretchin bounced (like they usually do) close by. The other Boyz continued to run, oblivious to the sharp-shooters. Warpedfang ran toward danger. Werzzhim and one Kommando were already moving toward the sharp shooters. From the rooftop one of them shot the Sneaky Boss square in the chest. He dropped like a rock on the spot. The Kommando snickered and continue to move up the building. The sniper would soon drop him like a bad habbit… that would teach him to snicker. Skummgobbler’s group continued to move forward, as well as The Albino. The enemy was fast… really fast! They move through the battlefield as in a low level flight toward some ruined plaza. Most of them settled there and started shooting. Two of the Boyz fell down; one of them missing half of his head. Nothing stopped The Albino’s attack. They all moved forward, firing their Sluggas more for the Dakka-Dakka than to damage the enemy.

One of the sharp-shooters decapitated another Boy with a master shot to the neck. Warpedfang was furious… he screamed at the Grot to attack the shooter. The Gretchin nodded acknowledgement and grinned. He looked through a window and started to laugh manically. Nervously he yelled down to Warpedfang, “I see ’im Boss! I fink I can take ’im by zurprise! Chould I sneak behind ’im an’ bite ’is balls off?” Not only had the Gretchin disobeyed his command, but he wanted to be sneaky. He roared in frustration, “Me was goin up to kill da shoota. Now, I’s goin up to kill ya’... unless ya’ is drenched on his blood!” The Gretchin knew that no matter what, getting killed by the enemy was going to be better than facing Warpedfang. He screamed and charged for the attack… again, he did not move a muscle. His efforts were rewarded by the shooter turned back and shot him in the face. Sweet death would deny Warpedfang; but the Gretchin was not that lucky. He was barely grazed.

Downstairs, Werzzhim opened one eye. This was the moment he was waiting. The shooter turned his back, and now he was all his for the taking. He signaled his Kommando to move for the kill. He was very close, and soon he would be dead. While coordinating the backstabbing, he saw the enemy move closer to him. One of them was dressed all in green armor… and he wielded a nice weapon. He recognized it from the pictures The Albino had showed him of the Commissars. While it was weird looking and was missing the Imperial Aquila, it was unmistakably a Chainsword.

The distraction had cost him… someone was close by. The enemy surrounded him. He span around, killing one of them, but the other five shooters open fire at him… all of them opening his flesh with deep wounds. Again, the Sneaky Boss fell.

The Albino ran forward. He wanted to show his power in combat to the Boyz. He wanted to plant the seed of the Waaagh! upon them all. From his far right he saw a strange multicolored light. A green arch from the Weirdboy reached the enemy, frying two of them on the spot. One of them was nothing more than a piece of charcoal. The Boyz roared at the deadly light show. Stupid Weirdboy! He was stealing his spotlight. Now he was in the open. As soon as he realized his situation he heard a strange buzzing noise, from enemy weapons. He quickly twisted and grabbed his near-by Gretchin. From a comfortable cushion, he now became a living shield. The poor thing tried to struggle to freedom, but it was of no use. The enemy fire killed him instantly. The Albino tossed him over his shoulder like a rag-doll. A second attack came even faster. It hit The Albino’s bare chest. Any other Ork would have died… but he was Gorkop! He would not die… not here, not now.

Warpedfang climbed some stairs, and now was closer to the Gretchin. They saw each other, and the Gretchin understood he needed to act. Suddenly he saw a Kommando sneak up to the shooter… NOW he could attack! He ran around the balcony and with intentions of biting the gonads of his enemy. By pure accident, he met the back end of a lasrifle and knocked himself out. He fell off the balcony, only to remain hanging from his trousers in a sadistic form of a wedgies. The bump to the lasrifle probably saved the Kommando’s life as he could not push the enemy down the building.

From his standpoint, The Albino knew that Werzzhim was dead. Five shooters continued to fire at him, almost at point blank. The one that seemed the leader, with his gleaming green armor, moved for the kill. Suddenly the Sneaky Boss stood up, grabbed the hand with the Chainsword and head-butted his would-be executioner. He twisted around his victim placing the Chainsword on his neck and used him as a shield. He started to drag his limp body back. The enemy gasped in horror! The retreat was sound.

As fast as they came, they went. Almost like an invisible force. No matter… The Albino had won and the Boyz tasted blood in battle. The Waaagh! was on its way.

Post Game
“Have we failed? Will our actions doom the Craftworld?” the Guardian spoke to the group. “The Exarch is not dead. I have his spirit line… he is alive and strong.” The Warlock moved to interrupt. “We must go and search for him now.” The group started to move, guided by the Warlock. After almost one hour, they got near a poorly fortified compound. The Exarch was tied up to a pole, appearing unconscious. It seemed that the Orks were getting ready for a barbeque.

Out of the rubble three figures appeared. To the Orks, they looked like pathetically large Gretchins. To the Gretchins they looked like gloriously strong Gretchins. “Boss… we ‘een followin’ ya'. Ya' was strong. We wonna follow ya'. Can we follow da Boss?” Rotskull took his Choppa and decapitated one of them. “No mo’ Gretchins!” The Boyz lauged, and the large Grots sunk their heads. The Albino nodded… “Da Boss needs nuu cushions and ‘illows. Ya’ too will do betta.”

The Exarch opened his eyes and looked directly to his captors. The Orks startled as he broke effortlessly from his bonds. The Boyz grabbed Choppas and Sluggas simultaneously aiming at his now free prisoner. Looking directly to The Albino, he slightly bowed his head. “Bravo! Your legendary might is true. You are the next Warlord.” The Albino raised his hand, and all the Boyz remembered to freeze on their tracks. “I have information that would help you create the biggest war anyone in living memory has ever seen. I will help you, in exchange for control of this planet.” The Albino was now interested. “Wotcha ’ave dat I would eva need?”

“Information on Colonel Commissar DaBank. We have gather intelligence on his whereabouts. He is our enemy too! I proposed we join forces against him. We eliminate him, you gather your ‘boys’ for war and leave us this planet.” The Exarch proposed a good plan… but something seemed odd. “Why would ya’ want dis planet? Wot is it ’ere fer ya’?”

“Nothing much, your Mighty Warlord Emperor. We want to build a telescope to look at the stars. The planet is in a great location with a fantastic view.” That said, one of the Boyz vomited. Puke “Bah! Ya’ can ’ave dis rock when we is good an’ done wiv it. We got a deal!” The Exarch gave The Albino a datapad with information. “Allow me to rea…” The Albino roared at the Exarch and started to read out loud. The Boyz became rowdy and muffled his voice, but the Exarch understood his mistake. “Ya can go now!” As the Exarch turned to leave, he saw the Sneaky Boss whisper something on The Albino’s ear.

“Werzzhim wants y’ur giant toofpick.” The Albino said pointing at the Chainsword. “And y’ur head-bucket too!” Reluctantly, the Exarch dropped his weapon and helmet. He would get them back… when the time was right. Now, it was time to leave.

When he got to his Squad the Exarch said, “The Farseer’s plan has been set in motion just as he envisioned. The Orks will charge the Imperium of Men… and we will destroy the victor.” This was the last straw. Warpfanged had it. Let the enemy live? NEVER! Now was the time… The Albino is weak and he will be the new Boss. The time to attack is NOW!

====================Idea====================
Victory to the White Waaagh!

Great game! Victory for the Green Skins! The Eldar took a Gretchin and 2 Ork Boyz OOA... they all died! LOL! I took his Leader (Exarch) and 2 Guardians (cannon fodder) OOA. 1 of the Guardians died and the Exarch got CAPTURED! :affraid:I exchanged him for his Chainsword and Helmet... expensive equipment... and the 'promise' he would actively kill DaBank's Squad Leader and he would grant me an automatic victory on our next game. Of course, you can trust an Eldar as far as you can throw him... so we will battle next time anyway! Just Kidding

I got 'Prisoners' for my Exploration... so I will pretend they are 'big' Gretchins. Hehehehe. Funny thing is that one of the 'Ard Boys (Warpedfang) got +1 Ld as advancement. As he is now the same as the Nob, they have to fight for leadership! So before next game... is The Albino vs. Warpedfang. I know I will be my own worst enemy! Can't wait for the next game... Orks vs. Imperial Renegades... and then Orks vs. Imperial Guard (DaBank!)

Last edited by Mordheimer on Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:41 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: White Waaagh! - Ork Battle Reports Summer 09 Campaign   Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:03 am

Week 02, Game 02: Missile Silo
Ork vs. Imperial Renegades
Warpedfang was pissed! What kind of Boss would let the enemy just go? Orks are to smash skulls and never talk. He grunted… and the screamed “Ya’ not Da’ Boss of anyone! Da’ Boyz will fellow Warpedfang NOW!” The Boyz, who were in shock from the dealings with the Exarch shouted! One of them picked his Choppa and made gestures of attacking The Albino. The huge Nob tilted his head sideways; it was time to make an example of someone… it may as well be Warpedfang. He barely finished the thought when the angry Ork charged. He was an aggressive one… it would be a shame to just kill him, but the other Boyz needed to learn a lesson in the only way an Ork can learn anything.

Warpedfang shot with his small pistol and swung with his Choppa. The Albino easily dodged the blows… he needed to make it convincing. He swung with his Slugga and Choppa, missing on purpose. He left himself open for an attack, which Warpedfang saw. He kicked him hard in the guts and The Albino bent down. He went with all his strength for the kill. The Albino twisted on his axis, making Warpedfang miss. He took his Choppa and cut the muscles on the back of Warpedfang’s thighs. He fell like a rock… in all fours the Ork gasped for air.

The Albino rolled over and stood up, Big Choppa already on his hands. He grabbed Warpedfang by the hair and whispered in his ear, “Ya’ are worth mo’ to me alive… fo’ now. Ya’ do good an remember who’s Da’ Boss and who is the Squig… in case yer skull be too small, the Squig is on da’ floor righ’ now.” With that, The Albino stood up and swung his Big Choopa down towards Warpedfang’s exposed neck. With a last minute twist, he bypassed the neck and hit him squared on the back.

Warpedfang grown in pain. His right shoulder was split in two, and his lung was now exposed to the elements. Crimson blood lay all over the spectators. All Boyz remained paralyzed… the one with his Choppa ready for combat just dropped it. A Gretchin broke the silence with a maniacal cackle. He moved close to the unconscious Ork and kicked some dirt on him. Seeing no reaction, he dropped his trousers and started to urinate on the wound. Two other Gretchins watch in amazement at the clear sign of power and superiority… and they started to move closer. Suddenly a big crackle of green lighting emerged from the other side of the camp, and made the offending Gretchin’s head explode. Everyone looked on the lighting’s origins and saw the Weirdboy, Skumgobbler, trying to wipe off his nose. He looked at everyone with clueless eyes, shrugging his shoulders he spoke… “uhhh… gesundheit?”

With that, the Boyz started laughing, imitating a sneeze and punching each other. The Gretchings and Lumps saw it was a good moment for them to hide. The Albino had erased the mutiny in a single swing and the Boyz were under his control. Warpedfang’s plans were a thing of the past now. He looked at the Painboy… “Matasano… mak’ ‘im well… or ya’ next.” The Painboy smiled sadistically… it was time to play. With the sound of a hand buzz-saw The Albino knew that Warpedfang punishment was just beginning. That would teach him who’s Da’ Boss!

Few hours later, Matasano came with the news… unfortunately he managed to attach Warpedfang’s arm in place and is fully functional. He would be ready to pick a fight in the morning. The Albino was not pleased… tonight he was going shopping. “Get yer Choppas, Boyz! The Mekboy wants a purtty engine for me Stompa. I got the know… a Rokkit ingine will do fine!” The Orks came alive hollering like a mad wave of war. The Albino directed them by some underground tunnels that barely fit each of them. After what seemed an eternity, they popped up some rubble, not 10 meters from a giant Imperial Missile Silo. The first one out was The Albino… only to notice that Werzzhim and his Kommando Boyz were already out… clean as any Ork could ever be. “Big Stikky Bomb, Boss!” and he threw a huge detonation charge to The Albino. He threw the second one to Rotskull, and they all grinned in anticipation of the big-boom… moving closer for the kill.

The Kommandoz took defensive positions at the right side of the Silo, sending the large Gretchins forward. The Lumps had to prove their worth in battle. On the other side, the Boyz send two Gretchins to press guard… The big Orks placed their Stikky Bombs. Werzzhim shot the Silo, opening the delicate control panel with the shot. Sparks flew everywhere and now the bombs had a spot to be planted. The other Boyz, not knowing what to do, decided to fire their pistols at the Missile. Suddenly, clean shots were heard.

To the right flank, humans appeared. The fired shotguns at the Lumps, making their bodies flip around like ragdolls into positions worthy of a new edition of the Kamasutra. The Albino anticipated Colonel Commissar DaBank and his servants to show up. He would deal with them too! To his surprise, it was not his Archenemy… but some other miserable human scum. They did not moved in with the determination DaBank showed when rescuing the Senior Engineer. Their Dakka’s were different… and even at this distance he could smell the sweet stench of decay on some of them. No matter, nobody would take his engine from him.

Suddenly, from the left flank one of the Boyz fell with a single clean shot to the head. The Skumgobbler showed some pyrotechnics, but they never reached the enemy. Some of the Stikky Bombs exploded causing some damage, but nothing severe as the countdown to launch started. One of the Boyz shouted commands to the Gretchins. One of them moved forward and aimed his Blasta. This was an easy shot… less than 10 meters with no cover. He pressed the trigger… and everything went dark. The Lumps used his gun to clean the wax of their ears, and the residual gunk was too much for the tiny weapon. His partner laughed and shot his Blasta into the air, just to prove that he could take care of his weapon… forgetting that he was out in the open in the enemies’ sights.

The Albino recognized the trap. “Twenty tefs to da’ one who makes da’ rokkit’ go boom with ‘is Choppa!” Every Ork, stupid as they could be, recognized the bounty offered. They all charged the Silo and attacked. Boy after Boy landed a blow… nothing damaged the weapon. The Weirdboy unleashed the power of the Warp… and nothing happened. The enemy drew closer. The Albino pushed two Boyz out of the way and launched his attack. He opened a hole with his Slugga and reached inside with his bare hand. Yanking components out, he took half of the engine out! The countdown stopped, but an alarm of self detonation sounded.

The humans knew it was going to explode, so they ran for cover. The Albino ordered the Boyz down the holes and stayed alone close to the Missile. He looked at the enemy, already inside some bunkers, and yelled… “Ya’ tell DaBank me want to be buddies… he can rest ‘is ‘ead on me shoulder… on t’is very pike!” and he pointed at a putrid human skull that adorned his right shoulder pad. Laughing he jumped back in the hole with few seconds to spare. After the blast cleared, the tunnels were sealed solid and the White Waaagh! was nowhere to be found.

Back on camp, The Albino gave the engine to his Mekboy… in exchange for his assistant and a new Iron Gob fabricated from a piece of the Silo!

Another good game. We found problems with the way the Scenario was written, but that is why we are play-testing! Starting the day with the ‘Ard Boy fighting the Nob was hair-raising… very Orkish! The Orks are stupid... they were 2" away from the Silo in Turn 1... they just stared at it for 2 Turns. Really... I did not realize that I could attack it with my Choppas. That cost me valuable time, but made for a better game.

Tim’s Renegades shot the crap out the stupid Orks... shotguns are Da Bomb! Great stuff! Nothing like having an Ork 1" out of range of everyone except one guy, just to be shot AND moved 1" forward... FIRE! The Ork Lumps (former 'prisoners') work great as shields. They even survived and got 1 XP! They have 'much to prove'. Orks fired at EVERYTHING except the Silo and the Renegades... joyful day when they decided to shoot and kill the sun. IR took 4 and 1/2 models OOA... forcing Orks to attempt to rout. Passing route test, all Orks charged the Silo. The Silo had 1 Wound left. They all missed, except... The Albino. He made the killing blow!!!

Last edited by Mordheimer on Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:41 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: White Waaagh! - Ork Battle Reports Summer 09 Campaign   Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:06 am

Week 02, Game 03: Chance Encounter
Ork vs. Imperial Guard
Next morning, Warpedfang woke up from a sharp pain in his shoulder from a kick. One of the Lumps grinned close to his face, “Da Boss wanna see ya’… now!” How the mighty had fallen… now he had lost the respect of everyone. It was not the moment for his to bitch about anything… he was not strong enough to be Da Boss. He walked out to the only makeshift shelter. A big white skull with red jaw adorned the entrance. He could see The Albino sitting on his small throne, surrounded by Gretchins… some feeding him, some being fed to him.

“Yeah… urrrr… Boss?” All heads turned to Warpedfang after he spoke. The Albino smiled. “Time fo’ Waaagh! We be to find another compound fo’ me Stompa! Back to the tunnels… ya’ take the front Warpedfang. We all know the Squigz an’ Grotz go furst.” The Albino stood up, his pale green skin glistened in the morning sun. The toxic haze in the lower atmosphere made everything shine in a reddish glow. He walked pass Warpedfang and pushed him to the ground. First in the tunnel… now he WAS in the bottom of the group.

Several hours beyond the time they were supposed to arrive at their destination, they popped out of a tunnel. They were definitely on the wrong location; a subsector southwest of Melkor. This part of town was long abandoned… a ghost town. Skumgobbler spoke to nobody in particular, “Me know we gotta turn right at Albuquesque…” The Albino smacked him in the back of the head. “We be no lost… Da Boss knows what Da Boss wants an’ where to geddit.” He pointed to a large warehouse. The Orks had no idea how The Albino always knew where the good toys were, but he was always right. Passing the clear sign that read “Imperial P.X. – Come with your Imperial Express Card, leave with all your military needs.” The Boyz marveled at the amount of shelves… most empty, few with boxes.

The Albino sent the Boyz to gather everything and he packed several crates with machine parts and other items. “Time to blow t’is joint!” After everyone delighted in the pyro-works and the warehouse was burned to the ground, the Orks started marching loudly to their main camp. After almost an hour, they spotted some movement. The Sneaky-Boss and his gang vanished to scout forward. The Humans had already taken defensive positions on a medium size building. Werzzhim alerted the others, who quickly moved towards the enemy. Few shots from laser weaponry were fired to the Kommandoz, but their tough skins could not be breached at the distance. The Albino saw the enemy… he suspected that it could be DaBank’s men. Obviously, DaBank was nowhere in the area… the human could not resist to try to prove he was better. He ordered the Warpedfang, the Lumps and Gretchins to move forward… the scum had to be used as meat-shields. The Boyz and other bigger Orks followed on the charge.

As they got close to the building, the enemy fire intensified. One of the Lumps and a Boy fell flat on their faces. Other Orks continued to charge, trampling on their fallen comrades… as the useless rugs they now were. The Boyz were exited! They started to fire up in the air, instead to the enemy. They only care for the sound of their Dakkas… The Albino was SURE it was DaBank’s men. Humans normally panic at the sight and sound of his Boyz… only DaBank was stupid enough to stand his ground. Yet, he was nowhere to be seen.

“Flush DaBank out! One hundred tefs to da one who makes DaBank show himself… ‘nd if anyone kills ‘im, me will skin ya alive! DaBank’s mine!” He pressed forward, shooting his Shoota to some recruits, blowing half of the building’s corner they were using for cover in the process. The humans shot back. One of them aimed at Warpedfang… DaBank! Well… he was not sure, all humans look the same… but he was going to die and then he would be Boss. He ordered two Boyz to charge the human. The Gretchins heard the barked commands and decided to shoot.

The first one looked at his gun barrel before shooting… he needed to make sure there was no earwax on it again. Satisfied the barrel was clean he decided to test the trigger. It worked very well. Unfortunately, he forgot to aim the gun away from his eye. The Gretchin fell down, with a bullet hole close to his right eye socket. The second Gretchin started cackling and decided to shoot his fallen comrade out of his misery.

Aiming carefully to his other eye socket, he pulled his Blasta’s trigger. At the same time he was bumped by a charging Boy, who made the shot deviate farther right. It hit a metal plate and bounced south. There it hit a rotten wooden support beam, which collapsed making a lamp fall. The lamp, hung by its electrical wires, swung to the side until it tipped a piece of metal bar. The bar fell from the 2nd story at great speed on top of the human Officer’s head. The man, not expecting the blow, instinctively jerked forward, hitting himself on an almost invisible metal bar close to his forehead and fell unconscious top the floor.

The Boyz aimed at the other humies on the other corner of the building. One of the men fell from their bullets. Skumgobbler summoned the power of the Warp, taking an enemy down. The Albino was please… the attack was going very well. Unfortunately for him, he had no idea of what was really going on. Wapedfang and his Boyz arrived, only to found the human already ‘dead’ on the floor and nine humans aiming their weapons at them. On the other side, a man carrying a flamer was about to move forward and roast four Boyz. The Orks were going to be exterminated.

Suddenly, all the humans moved away. The Albino saw DaBank. DABANK! He roared in complete anger ready to call upon the power of the Waaagh! Suddenly, he noticed DaBank pointing at the Sky… then flipping him the bird. The action taken, a large explosion blasted half of the ground between The Albino and his most hated arch-enemy. Several Space-Bombs were landing close by. It WAS a trap! DaBank was trying to be sneaky… he had to search for a bunker. He would not let DaBank win this way… next time, he would kill him.

After the smoke cleared the Orks moved back to the open ground to continue the fight. The humans had left… like the cowards they always are. They looked around and found some more tech for the Mekboy, couple of nice gun. The Sneaky-Boos found himself a laser sight for his new Dakka. Now, he would be a force to be reconned with!

Nobody could ever defeat The White Waagh!

AHHH! Almost got my ass handed down! I walked into a magnificent trap… I expected to loose Warpedfang and at least 3 Boyz. Instead, The Last Cancers routed! Andy never rolls 12… but he did! Damn! The Scenario was really fun… the deployment in quarters is a nice departure from the normal 8” deployment and made for great tactical deployment. Andy setup his models perfectly… and I just got lucky… especially with the Gretchin taking Lt. Gomer Pyle OOA! What are the freaking chances? LOL!

I had 4 extra Resources… so now I can save some of those to insure maximum income in the near future. Trash-Kan… here we go!

Last edited by Mordheimer on Wed Nov 09, 2011 1:33 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: White Waaagh! - Ork Battle Reports Summer 09 Campaign   Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:15 am

Week 03, Game 04: Breakthrough
Ork vs. Imperial Guardsmen
“Sir, with all due respect… this will never work! Orks can’t be this stupid!” “Lieutenant, for the 5th time… and the last time; you get dress on that Ork custom and order the men to move, or I will shot you right here right now!” Sheepishly the man obeyed and started putting the made-up disguise. The Captain seemed calmed… “Don’t worry boys. The plan will not fail! I read on the field manual how a group of elite IG pulled this trick in Cadia Prime. The Orks here lack even more brains… you just need to play the part. Remember. Be rowdy, loud and obnoxious. Everything will be fine.”

“Sir…” this time it was one of the Sergeants protesting “Do you think that is worth our lives just to walk through the Ork encampment instead of doing an 18 hours forced march? I mean… I imagine that this data slate of the sisters you keep talking about you HAVE to retrieve is important, but not wort…” his words faded out as he starred at Captain’s Bolt Pistol. He swallowed and put his mask on. Putting a brave stance he screamed… “You vermin be ready when I come out!”

Outside laid a pathetic bunch of Imperial Guard, dressed in makeshift customs to look like Orks. They looked skinny compared to the massive hulk of a typical Ork and the cardboard around the Imperial issued weapons and gear made them look childish. None the less, the Captain was pleased. “This is the stuff of legends!” With that, he started moving out to the sunset.

After 2 hours march on what seemed an eternity of itch, the brave men surprised a Gretchin sentry. He looked startled and pointed his Blasta at them. “Who be ya’? Me not know big Grotz… ya’ be more Lumps?” The Captain had no idea what the filthy little thing was blabbering about. He cleared his throat. “Ahem… good afternoon. Don’t mind us, we are brave Orks. You know, just stomping around, doing our Ork thing.” The Captain smiled as he started stomping on the ground. The Gretching twisted his head. The Captain, slightly upset said in a loud clear voice while taking his sword out “WAR? Let me try this again… WWWWW… AAAAAAAA… RRRRRRRR. You get it?”

The Grot’s head tilted. “Ya’ be funny… Da Boss not like funny. Da Wut One jas tempa… me no liky Da Boss. Da Boss use me as ass-wipe once. Me wants a nuu Boss. Me betta no say that… me betta tell Da Boss about ya’ funny Orks.” The Imperial Guard panicked and Lasguns hummed. The Captain saw an opening and grabbed the Gretchin by the throat. “I AM THE BOSS NOW! You better shut the f**k up, or I will shoot you on the head!”

“Ya’ Da nuu Boss? Ya’ sure? Me love nuu Boss! Shot in da ‘ead much betta than ass-wipe! Ya’ be a good Boss!” The Captain dropped the Gretchin, who started to make a happy little dance. The rest of the men looked at the Captain for instructions, receiving nothing more than a wink. “See boys, everything is all right. I am the new boss. You are doing a good job little friend! Come let’s go for a stroll AROUND the camp. I think I will make you my Junior General. Would you like that?” The Gretchin was in high spirits… from toilet paper to a Junior General, whatever that meant, was too good to be true! “Com Boss… dis way to da’ camp!”

They walked for half an hour, following the Gretchin who moved without a care in the world. He jumped around and babbled constantly. The Imperial Guardsmen started to become annoyed at their new guide. Suddenly he stopped. “That be da’ camp. We goes arounds it, Boss?” “Yes little one. You are a great warrior! Nobody could have a chance against you…” The Grot looked at him with seriousness and put his hand to his Blaster. “Ohh… except me, of course!” The Gretchin let go of his firearm with disappointment. They continued to move forward.

They could see a large ruined warehouse. From their location they could see him. Definitely the largest Ork they had ever seen. His pale green coloration made him stand out. He was being superbly obnoxious, taking a Gretchin by a leg making him the temptation treat for a hungry Squig. Their observational trance got broken when the Junior General screamed “YA’ NOT DA BOSS!!! YA’ WEAK… DIS IS DA BOSS NOW! ME BECOME A YUNOR FENERAL… ME POWERFUL UNDER NUU BOSS… YA’ DIE NOW!” The Gretchin turned to the Captain “We got ‘im now, Boss! Waaagh?”

The Captain spotted a red dot on the Gretchin’s head… he knew what that meant, but before he could react there was no more head. From the top of a tower he could see a large Ork, sporting a Red-Dot laser scope. The Ork seemed pleased with the shoot and the scope conversion job. He started drinking from an Imperial-issued wine flask… the one only given to Commissars. The Boss was not too pleased with the challenge to his command.

“So ya’ da nuu Boss? Why dontcha say so to me face?” He looked at Warpedfang. “It won’t be da furst time me has to put one of ya’ Boyz under me boot!” With that he took a fairly big cannon… how is that the Orks call them… Shootas? No matter, the Captain was already in trouble. He looked back, and his men had already spread out. He saw some of the officers trying to flank the Orks. Hopefully to attack from the rear and not to desert him. At least he was accompanied by his doctor and his most loyal man, Maverik.

Fairly close by, some Boyz appeared in a building. The shooting had begun! The Guardsmen moved forward in clear formations, shooting back at the Orks. The Albino pondered… scrawny Orks… moved into combat with tactics and purpose… las-weapons… no talk back? It seemed something was odd. A crack of green lighting from the Weirdboy attempted to fry the enemy Boss… but he was strong indeed!

Werzzhim spoke… “Boss, those Boyz luk funny… like sick.” “Drop me one… me wanna see that Boy on da ground!” That said, the Sneaky Boss put a shot on the head of the Ork The Albino ordered. A loud clank surprised them all. CLANK? This Orks had metal heads! The ‘Ork’ took his hands to his face and started screaming. He scrambled his face, and suddenly his head turned smaller. It was and Ork with a human head! He was wearing an Imperial Head-Bucket… but this Orks were new! How bizarre… at least this was the thoughts of every Ork around. “NO MATTA’ THE ORK WITH DA’ HUMIE ‘EAD! KILL ‘EM ALL!!!” The Albino did not seemed impressed, and this gave courage to the others to continue the attack on the mutant Orks. Hearing the threat, the undisguised Maverik panicked and ran away from the battle.

In one of the flanks, Rotskull had laid a trap for the enemy. He had a Kommando be bait in front of their adversaries, while a Boy hid behind a wall to surprise them from the back. He sent a Lump to flank them from one of the sides while he shot at them with his new Shoota. As the enemy moved forward, they took the bait and fell in his trap. He shot one of the enemy Orks… he could have swore he missed, yet the skeletal Ork yelp like a Grot and ran away.

On the opposite flank, things did not looked good for The Albino’s Boyz. They were hiding inside a building, but the enemy superior numbers took the best of them. A tall Ork moved inside the building and took his long and thin Choppa and cut half the face of one of the Old Boyz. He was received with a backstab from one of the Kommandoz. Suddenly everything got bright outside. An enemy Burna Boy started cooking outside! Matasano, the Painboy, and one of the New Boyz got roasted. While not deadly, thanks to the trashed they were hiding behind that took the force of the fire, they laid vulnerable to an attack. It was critical for The Albino to give them time to recover.

Warpedfang, always trying to redeem himself, charged with a Gretchin. He wanted to kill the enemy Boss. Maybe he would be able to claim his Boyz for himself. He charged forward, only to find that the enemy had ordered one of his minions to defend him. Without warning, the enemy Ork went to scratch his head, and it turned into a human head! This made Warpedfang hesitate for a moment… he say a little red dot close by the human head, then a shot from afar dropped him like a sack of dead Grots.

He saw The Albino jump down from his lair… he was pissed. He screamed for Waaagh! which excited all the Boyz. Then, the enemy Boss turned around and ran. The Orks were confused and looked at The Albino for an explanation. He walked calmly near Warpedfang and picked up something like that looked like an Ork face from the floor. Slapping Warpedfang in the back of the head…

“Not magical Orks… not mutant Orks… DaBank! Sneaky DaBank. He wore disguise to be sneaky an’ get me. WE BE TOO STRONG FOR DABANK NOW!!!” The Orks rallied around The Albino, banging their Choppas and Sluggas together to make noise. “Time to visit da’ Mekboy… he betta’ have me toy ready. Then, we hunt DaBank.”

Fun game! The Scenario was fun… even when we found some possible exploits (plugs already on the way!) This game tested the disparity of Squads…. Earl’s IG had 10 models, and I had 17 models. To say the least, the IG was the Underdog! It was amazing that Earl rolled an insane amount of 5’s and 6’s for his saves… but never for his wounds! I rolled my share of 5’s and 6’s… and that ‘Grazing Shot’ critical is super funny! Basically, if you receive no injuries you have to pass a Ld Test or BELIEVE you are mortally wounded and panic. You can recover (by passing an Ld Test)... unless you go off the board! If you do, count the model as OOA, no post-game injury. He saved both Armor Saves, but failed his Ld Tests! Poor recruits!

Although we were convinced Earl could not win, he definitely tried his best. It made for a nice game… even if somewhat short.

Last edited by Mordheimer on Wed Nov 09, 2011 1:38 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: White Waaagh! - Ork Battle Reports Summer 09 Campaign   Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:19 am

Week 03, Game 05: Defend the Find
Orks vs. Orks
The Albino received a concerning report from Werzzhim; a new mob of Orks were establishing camp nearby. Apparently, Orks from the underground had found his secret passage and they were looking to form dominance in the area. Their symbol was the Green Fist. It was time to squish them.

“Boyz be ready for WAAAGH!!!” creamed The Albino. The Orks rally close to their leader, chanting grunts of bloodlust. “Puny Orks ‘ave move to me territory an’ taken parts for me Stompa. We are da’ Orks… we make da’ Waaagh! Me be Da’ Boss… ‘nd no otha’. We crush da’ Green Fist!” Everyone howled to the moon… and under the new Waaagh Banner of the White Waaagh! the Orks marched to the battle field.

The Sneaky Boyz had plan a perfect route that would take The Albino and the rest to the top of the enemy, behind a giant fuel line. Out of sight, out of the reach of the dakka. Warpedfang had looked for a hidden position to break-in his new Big Shoota, while Ironjaw (the newest future ‘Ard Boy) had a bone to pick… and prove himself to the others.

Upon examination, the Green Fist had concentrated on a single building… easy pickings. Skumgobbler moved forward and started to open rifts on the warp that brought green lightning upon the enemy. Warpedfang opened cover fire, meanwhile Rotskull moved on the opposite end with a couple of Lumps for the counter-kill. Rotskull shot an enemy ‘Ard Boy who failed to suffer any injury, only to be shot back and have his shoulder blown up. Although attached, it would never work again as efficiently to hold a Choppa.

One of the Gretchins moved forwards, in great confidence that several Orks were charging behind him. Suddenly, two enemy Boyz charged at him! In a panic, he attempted to escape only to be trampled by Ironjaw and the Painboy. The Gretchin stood up, with renewed energy and attacked one of the Boyz attempting to shove his combat knife up his trouser. Lucky for the Boy, his boys were too far up for the Grot to effectively reach them! Unlucky for him, Ironjaw put a Choppa through his skull and he fell dead to the ground.

The Painboy use the distraction to inject a toxic concoction in the back of the other Boy… putting his down for good. Other Boyz entered the melee… Orks fighting Orks, like only they know how to do. Without restrictions, bullets and blades flashed everywhere. To any human observer, it would have been a chaotic situation in which Orks fell dead everywhere. To The Albino, it was victory. The Green Fist Boyz were loosing ground with every Slugger shot and every Choppa swung.

The Sneaky Boy was about to join the fray, when he heard The Albino roar… WAAAGH!!! In a surge of primal energy, Orks charged in for the kill. Those in combat moved quicker for the kill… those that seemed too far away managed to reach. The carnage of few seconds past was nothing compared to what was about to begin. The enemy Orks attempted to counter maneuver, but The White Waaagh! surge felt like the green-tides of legend. The Albino entered the melee to kill the opposing Boss. He swung his Choppas at the same time that Ironjaw backstabbed the Nob with a deadly blow.

Meanwhile, another ‘Ard Boy attempted to fight off the Painboy, a Kommando and a Gretchin. With a swing of his Choppa he cleaved in two the Painboy. His efforts were rewarded by The Albino; in his fury and frustration, he cut the enemy’s hand right off. Stump bleeding, the ‘Ard Boy collapsed. With their leader down, as well as all the ‘Ard Boys, the rest of the Green Fist dispersed. The Albino picked up several supplies left on the camp, including a looted computer core. This would be a nice addition to his Stompa.

Long game! We spend 3 hours hitting each other back and forth. Brutal! The Scenario was fun and seemed fairly even; players should be careful with terrain as it may provide an edge to get close to the center objective.

It was a very close game… Orks vs Orks is always fun. I just wish we had ‘skipped’ the shooting and just get to Close Combat! HA!

Last edited by Mordheimer on Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:57 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: White Waaagh! - Ork Battle Reports Summer 09 Campaign   Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:28 am

Week 04, Game 06: Night Sabotage
Orks vs. Eldars
They could smell his peculiar signature stench. They all could. The Albino was not sure if this was his tactic for to avoid combat or part of his eccentricity. Ahhh, his Mekboy! In the underground he was only one among several Boyz under the Gearhead… he was very talented, but he was under appreciated. Taking him away was an easy task; keeping with his Divo-like behavior was another matter. Then again, he was years ahead from any other Mekboy… he was building The Albino’s Stompas.

The huge pale Ork moved outside, and saw him arrive. He was sitting lazily on his make-shift throne. Built out of what he could only guess as the most uncomfortable-looking jagged block engines ever available to any Ork (dead or alive), it was being carried by six struggling Gretchins. They laid the dais down to the floor and the Mekboy smiled. “Boss! Got it! I founds da way to stabilize the ya’r Stompa’s mobility rates! It will reachz functional ands optimal ranges!” All Orks, with the exception of The Albino looked puzzled. He hated all Orks… they were so stupid! The Albino always understood what he said, and respected his talents… everyone else just cared for the next fight. Rolling his eyes, he turned slightly and addressed the crowd “Me… knows… how… to… makez… Stompa… go.” The Orks cheered in violence. The Mekboy wished his Stompa was already ready… he yearned to hear their bodies squish under the Stompa’s tracks.

The Albino moved closer. “How? Ya’ be fighting with da bolts for weeks. The trakks move then go out crazy, like a Squig Rodeo!” The Mekboy smiled… the remembrance of the carnage was still fresh on his mind. “Da’ trikk was on DaBank’s secret box! Werzzhim brought me samll junk… he said it cames from a ship… Werzzhim callz it a jyroscoop. It makez spinning thingz stop afters spinning to fast! I need thrii big ones.” The Albino looked at him, “Thrii big ones?” The Mekboy’s ears dropped down slightly in shame. “Well, me need ones. Da jyroscoops be delicate… me not think dat… errr… dat ya’ can pull one without ripping itz.” The Albino growled. He grabbed a datapad, a clear Imperial Mechanic’s manual, and pushed some virtual keys, then turn it around so the Wrench ‘Ead, the Mekboy, could see.

“Ya’ mean a GYROSCOPE? I AM DA’ BOSS!” He grabbed the Mekboy by the neck and lifted him from his throne. “Do not confuse Da’ Boss with da stupid Boyz. Da true Boss can do ANYTHING! Ya’r here because I have oder thingz to do. Wrench ‘Ead betta rememba whos Da’ Boss.” He threw the Mekboy over 30 feet to the side. It could have been farther, but the reinforced concrete wall stopped his unwanted flight. The Mekboy stood up, slightly bruised physically… but the emotional scar ran deep. He walked slowly back to The Albino, head hunched down. “Yes, Boss. Only one jyroscoop. If ya’ could help me… da Stompa will please ya. It will makez good Waaagh!” The Mekboy looked up, in expectation of approval. He found it on The Albino’s grin.

“Kome on Boyz! Time to fight! We be da Orks… we be powerful… we be Da Whait Waaagh!” The rest of the Boyz roared in a primal violence rage. Choppas waved in the air. Shootas firing close range at Gretchins… and still missing. The Orks were ready for a fight. The Mekboy moved and sat on his dais. He wiggled around, trying to get comfortable in vain. He stood up and moved a heavily stained rag he was sitting on. There it laid the rotting corpse of a Gretchin. “Cushion be flat… time to replace with fresh one.” He quickly grabbed a Grot by an arm and swung him hard to the throne, throwing the filthy rag over him. As he sat, the muffled sounds of the unfortunate Gretchin were barely audible… only to grow quiet after a crunching sound. The other five Gretchins breathe a collective sigh of relief, and started lifting the dais. With the crack of a whip, Wrench ‘Ead said “Back to da mek shop!”

Werzzhim moved closer to The Albino, obviously excited for the upcoming battle. “Masta’… me Boyz hav found the Eldar as ya’ asked. They be tryin to build stuff… out of som’ ships. They be looking like bridges over dirt. Makes no sense fo’ me… but ya’ Da Boss. Maybe da things for da Stompa’s are hidden in da ships.” The Albino smiled and nodded. “Ya’ be smart as ya’ be sneaky. Me shall bring da thrii thingz Wrench ‘Ead asked. I will make him eat two… and use the thir’ on me Stompa. Gather da Boyz… timez to fight!”

It took the rest of the day and night for the Orks to reach the Eldar base of operations. It was way outside the city limits, in a place that could be considered by Karameikan environmentalists a triumph. The barren soil had been started to become colonized by small grass and lichens, and the gentle hills supported few minor bushes. The Orks care not for the flora and every single one of them managed to rip everything they could get their hands off the ground. Boredom was taking its toll.

One of the Sneaky Boyz arrived, just in time to brighten the foul mood, with the news that the Eldar were not expecting them. The Albino liked the idea of crushing the Eldar Exarch once more. Their delicate frames were no match for any Ork, much less the one of The Albino. He sent Ironjaw, the newest of the Scar Boyz, to the north and some Boyz to the south. He would direct the attack by the east. The rising sun would provide cover and maximize the surprise.

The Sneaky Boss moved stealthily, opening a way for Boom-Boom to put some traps. The Albino had helped him procure some explosive way back, and since then the demolition expert wanted to blow things up. He specialized in heavy explosives as well as the design of bobby traps. He wasted no viable resources… even if it meant to put a cigar on an armless Gretchin while having him stand near open containers of highly flammable and explosive Promethium. If it could explode, Boom-Boom loved it! With Werzzhim’s help, Boom-Boom managed to place six booby traps. The poor Eldars had no idea what he had in store for them.

When the time was right, the Orks started moving closer to the compound. One of the Sneaky Boyz on the south-east was close enough to a couple patrolling Guardians that he could smell their flowery perfumed aroma. Unluckily for him, he was down wind… he got the full frontal assault of the stench. Meanwhile, Ironjaw moved with his retinue closer to the objectives. Warpedfang had to give his Big Shoota to Rotskull, after his injury left him capable of only pulling a trigger with his right hand. He had mixed feelings about this… the Big Shoota was a big gun, with plenty of noisy Dakka, but he needed to be seen in the middle of the fight to continue regaining the respect of the others. Clearing his tiny mind of any attempts of thought, he moved forward with Skummgobbler and the new Painboy, Sir Rip-a-Lot.

Rotskull moved forward to a stable location, followed by the The Albino and his entourage of Gretchins. He could clearly see the three structures. Unknown to him, two spacecrafts were already in the advance stages of being converted into Warp Gates. The center structure seemed to still resemble a ship, but he could see it could no longer become airborne, unless his Mekboy spend quite some time working on it. Regardless, the Stompa’s were a bigger priority. With a hand signal, Rotskull opened fire.

The Big Shoota’s three shots broke the morning silence. One of the shots made a Guardian spin on his own axis before falling on the ground. The Orks found the ragdoll behavior funny, but unknown to them it was a very specialized form of Eldar defense. The Guardian offered minimal resistance on the non-lethal impact and allowed the inertia to take over. This was a dangerous maneuver; if the shot was in a sensitive or vulnerable area it could cause instant death and it left the person vulnerable for a close combat assault. The Guardian knew better… they had been expecting the Orks for quite some time and he trusted their terrible aim to favor the counter-strategy. Part of Khain’s multiple teachings is to know when to appear vulnerable, bring the enemy closer and then finish him with a brutal attack… there is no reward for those who do not risk it all. It seemed that the bluff would pay off, as a Kommando attempted to sneak for the kill.

On the south-west corner, two Boyz (and a Lump) attempted to ambush a lonely Eldar. Wearing extravagant plumage on her helmet, the Orks seemed oblivious to her long range weaponry. As the alarm sound, the excited Orks attempted in vain to fire their Sluggas. With an almost seductive careless move, she turned around and put a bullet to her enemy’s face. The Ork plummeted from the 2nd floor back in top of his ally. On a neighboring roof, the Lump played that he would be a sniper… only to face a couple of real Eldar snipers who shot him dead on his tracks.

The Orks had fallen for the bait… and they would pay dearly for their mistake. The Albino was about to move forward for the kill, when he hear a shot from the back. The back? It could not be… they were just there a minute ago! He went to turn around, when he saw Rotskull’s helmet fly out to the battlefield, followed by the rest of his massive form. The Big Shoota was silenced by a treacherous shot.

He ordered Werzzhim to go back and eliminate the sharp shooters. He would have to deal with the Eldars personally. The Sneaky Boss scream orders to his Kommando guards, and they both moved to confront the unseen enemy. To their surprise, it was not one but five men all pointing their weapons at him. It was not the first time he had faced five Eldars and their wicked weapons and survived. He would be sneaky one more time, and take the enemy on his conditions.

The Albino pushed forward and shot at the first structure. His shot was not near the mark, but the brutality of the Ork weapon open a gash on the instrument panel nonetheless. Everyone moved closer to the first structure. It was going to be easy to pick the gyroscope. Suddenly, time stopped. He could see the spit coming out of his Orks’ mouths and the delicate ballet the blades of grass danced in the morning breeze. He saw the spark of light on the distance, and he could even see the bladed disk rotating at high speed towards him. The Albino managed to grab a full grown Ork with one hand and lift him off the ground to intercept the deadly disk in the same slow motion as he perceived the world. As his view was obstructed by the back armor of his living shield, The Albino was sure he was saved.

Then he saw how the Ork Boy jerked involuntarily and how his make-shift armor bulged in the back. The lump grew until the grav-disk erupted from the Ork’s back and hit him over his upper left heart. The impact spun him around, and in his slow and methodical state The Albino could see the rest of the battlefield like if it was just a drawing on the sand. Now, turned 180 degrees away from the attacker, he saw how the disk hit the wall of the building behind him and got lost in the darkness within. In what appeared to be an eternity he say a speckle of light, where the ammunition had broken the back wall. All of the sudden the world returned to its normal speed with a dizzying vengeance. The Albino finished almost in the position he started, and none of his Boyz ever realized what happened. He saw the Eldar Master Sniper smiling from over 300 meters away. His anger was uncontrollable.

With a mighty roared he summoned the power of the Waaagh! All the Orks around him felt the surge on energy and charged in disregard of their lives at the first structure. The Albino realized his mistake… he lost control and now the Boyz would not only waste their energy destroying an immobile structure but most likely would destroy the precious gyroscope.

One the other side of the battlefield, the lonely Kommando launched an assault towards the enemy. His surprise was counter-pointed by the Eldar Guardian moving quickly to his feet and knocking him down. A close ally moved closer and shot the Kommando. But the Ork had learned from his Master how to fake injury. As soon as they moved out of reach, he stood up and charged back. The Eldars were no match for his combat prowess. The mob attempted to destroy the structure in a ravenous rage. The Albino had to fight his way in, and ripped the precious gyroscope out before the rest of the Orks finished tearing the structure to pieces. He was victorious… but it was not enough. The Eldar would suffer for his wound. He commanded his army to move forward. The Skummgobbler and Sir Rip-a-Lot continued their attacks to the land-bound shuttle, while Ironjaw and Warpedfang moved to intercept the Eldar.

The Eldar were far from vulnerable. A Harlequin Assassin was sent forward to serve as a diversion for the Orks, while the rest of them regrouped to attack the lonely Orks in the front lines. His moves were a deadly dance never seen before by the Green Skins. He planted a stiletto blade in the shoulder of a Lump and twirled above him to get close to Ironjaw. At the moment of the kill, Ironjaw roared in anticipation. His mouth opened in its current five sections, thanks to the injuries sustained against the mutant Orks a few days back. This horrifying spectacle took the Assassin by surprise. While fear did not take over his soul, it did create a moment of hesitation that his enemies used against him. A Boy moved his Choppa upwards, making a gash on the Harlequin’s leg; so much for the deadly dance. Warpedfang swung his Choppas and cut him arm wide open. Before he fell on the floor, Ironjaw decapitated the enemy without thought or consideration of his actions. Ironjaw had faced an enemy Boss, and took him down. What was a simple Eldar compared to the might and power of a Boss? One day he would become Da Boss of his own Boyz.

On the far side of the complex, the Eldar had regrouped and moved for the kill. Three Eldar Guardians now engaged the lonely Kommando, who they could not put down. The surviving Boy from the south-west had managed to move close to the area, and was fending two Eldar warriors by himself. It was a volatile and deadly mixture that could only end with someone’s death.

Werzzhim and his Kommando guard had moved for the kill in the far back. The five Eldars were shooting at him, but he was way stronger and tougher than he looked. The Eldar’s faces lit in panic when they managed to see him up close. The Sneaky Boss was wearing the Exarch’s helmet and using his Aspect Weapon! The insanity of such profanity… they all came to a silent accord that the xeno would die. Shooting him at point blank distance; seeing him bleed with enough blood to make Khorn smile; bracing for impact of his attacks. Werzzhim used the Chainsword and the Choppa like a true Striking Scorpion Master. In few moments, four of them lay dead on the ground and the fifth one was running away for his life towards the larger group.

Warpedfang climbed up a metal tower, followed by few Boyz. They commenced the attack on the shuttle, hoping to destroy it. A pair of Gretchins had climbed in top of the ship and stated shooting at it with their Grot Blastas. One of them exploding, sending the poor Grot few meters away with half of his face gone. The Albino was pleased with the progress. He shot at a Guardian barely in range when he felt a deep gash on his right hip. Half of it was now missing, and he could see the Eldar Sniper loading the next round. He needed to move away and find cover. He ordered Boom-Boom to move closer and take the gyroscope. He completed his task just in time, before an explosion from green lighting took the rest of the ship apart. Skumgobbler was in a rampage.

The Albino could have left in victory… but he was unsure if the two gyroscopes he had were in good conditions. Also, the damned sniper must be dealt with. Out of the structure he saw an Eldar pistolier. Dual shots came down, pressing Orks to take cover and slowing their movement. Warpedfang continue to climb, looking for a better position to attack, while Ironjaw reached the top of the metal structure. Suddenly, there he was. With his helmet on one hand and a sword on the other, the Eldar Exarch spoke. ‘Time for you to feel the true power of Kaela Mensha Khaine!’ He moved swiftly and just Ironjaw on his midsection. Using his momentum, he switch his leverage and made the massive Ork fall from the tower. The two Boyz on the frontlines now fought against eleven Eldar warriors. Too many to attack properly and kill. Never the less, they enjoyed their own personal Waaagh!

The Ork’s Leader saw his newest champion fall to his doom. In top of the tower the Exarch stood, still helmet in hand. Bullets from both sides flew by, but he did not move… not even flinched. The Albino understood the challenge and moved to accept it. He climbed to the second floor, when he saw the Exarch jump down. While flipping his body, he put his helmet on. The move was design to intimidate the enemy and inspire allies. While other Eldars did not showed any signs of inspiration, The Albino just seemed amused. With a twist of his body he moved out of the way and the Exarch attack hit the metal floor. After the sparks had dissipated, he saw The Albino move for the kill with dual Choppas the size of human child.

The Exarch noticed the wound… the monster’s right hip was all but gone. The gap in his chest continued to pour blood. It was the mixture of adrenaline and the Waaagh! that was moving The Albino into a combat frenzy. The Exarch saw the opening and plunged from the floor towards his enemy. His attack was deviated with a Choopa, while the other one made a deep gash on his back. The Exarch had much worse injuries as a young Guardian. He spun around and kicked The Albino on the injured hip. His massive weight made him buckle and the Exarch trusted his sword deep on The Albino’s body. He could see the tip of his vibro-blade sticking out the other side. He was sure that the wound was a deadly one. Yet, the Albino stood in place ready for more.

The Exarch could not avoid appreciate the brutality of the Orkish form… its resilience and preparedness for combat. As The Albino stood motionless, he smiled as he realized once more that it was not the form, but the function that made the warrior deadly. His enemy’s eyes rolled back into his head, as if searching for inner strength to continue the fight. Suddenly, from the corner of his eye he saw a flash of light. An Ork dressed as a sadistic surgeon just shot his pistol at him, catching him on the side of the leg. The instinctive move back made the Exarch loose his balance and fall from such terrible height. Before loosing consciousness he heard the distinctive sound on the Sniper Rifle and saw the Painboy drop to the ground besides him.

When the Exarch opened his eyes, he could see a trained field physician working on his wound. ‘Welcome back… I don’t know how I did it, but I managed to pull your soul back to your body from the Spirit Stone. They were not so lucky...’ The Exarch stood and saw the battlefield. It was littered with bodies; both Eldar and Ork. In a second, he almost panicked. In disregard to any advice he climbed up the tower. To his relief, there was the body of The Albino face down on the metal floor. He had dispatched his enemy in manner worth Khaine’s teachings. He turned the body over for examination. Then he discovered that the body was mutilated. The Nob’s Iron Gob was missing, as well as his war banner. His throat has been slit and chopped several times and his teeth were missing. He knew very well what happened.

There was a new Boss leading the Orks… and he planned revenge. Death to the White Waaagh!

Long live The Warped Fang Klan!

Deafeated. The White Waaagh! is no more.

Lost... but what a GRAND game!

I want congratulate Jamie (on record) on participating with elegance, maturity and fairness in THE longest game of Death Squads ever played... AND win! We ducked it out for 5 hours (and some minutes) for 12 Turns of intense fighting. I really enjoyed the game, until the Curse of Earl (more on that later!) In gaming terms, it was a SUPERB game. As a play-tester, I don't believe I did my job correctly... I'm getting consumed on playing and having too much fun, rather than testing the scenarios to the breaking point. For that I apologize... but I can't resist!

Jamie played his Eldars like Eldars... full of lies, deceit, stealth and shooting. I played my Orks like Orks... un-organized charge, no-holds-barred-in-your-face-push. Since we played one game in the time that normal people would play 4 games, we manage to experience every mood under the sun. From Jamie's amazing 6's... he rolled 6' on two dice 3 times in a row not once, but FOUR times during the night!... to Jamie's multiple 1's... I have not seen so many snake-eyes (double 1's) since Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom. We passed through BOTH celebrating the Reinforcements critical hitting one of my 'Ard Boyz on the back of the head to BOTH praying so he could roll a wound to one of my Kommandoz down. I saw Jamie go through peppy (excited to play) to grumpy ("I'm SOOO hungry I'm dizzy and cranky!"), and me going from laughing at anything to slumbering on the chair contemplating routing so I could go home.

All in all, one of the best games ever! If this is he beginning of Death Squads, I can’t wait to see the end!

Last edited by Mordheimer on Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:42 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: White Waaagh! - Ork Battle Reports Summer 09 Campaign   Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:39 am

This battle report was never published! Enjoy!

Week 05, Game 07: Pump Station
Orks vs. Imperial Renegades
The air was filled with the energy of celebration. Many of the Orks were sitting around a makeshift table, praising the power of their new leader. Warpedfang boasted about how he had defeated The Albino; his Iron Gob, still attached to a bloodied mangled jaw, lay on the table. The Albino’s Waaagh Banner that depicted The White Waaagh!’s white Ork’s skull with red jaw now adorned Warpedfang’s new makeshift throne. The banner was desecrated, now picturing the same symbol with a gold left canine. It was the new symbol of The Warped Fang Klan.

Orks were in complete jubilation… the death and defeat of the old Boss only meant that a more powerful Ork was now in charge. It meant more fighting and more killing. All good news to most Orks. Werzzhim was not a typical Ork.

The Sneaky Boss was already an outcast among his kind. After all, he preferred to do his killing silently, from the shadows. Orks care not for such tactics and understood little about the complexities of such violent acts. The Albino not only understood them, but encouraged him and his Sneaky Boyz to do what they did best. The Albino took their skills as another way, a different way, to do Waaagh! Those were other times. Werzzhim understood that the new Boss would not take kindly to his suggestions… opting for brute force attacks, rather than the maximization of everyone’s skills. There was not any point in attempting to reason with the Boss. He was the Boss, and his word was law. He remained quiet, in the shadows waiting for the new orders. Then he felt it.

‘Whatts ya’ want, Wrench ‘ead? Ya’ know that I can smell ya’ a planet away… no point on sneakin’ on the Sneaky Boss.’ Werzzhim turned, and there the Mekboy stood. He no longer had his usual grin, not had a superior attitude. ‘Ya’ nou, da nu Boss will skrew us boff! Me wanna built bigger machines… Da Wit Wun looked for stuff… me built for Da’ Boss, and me will be lil’ boss on da’ mek shop. Now new Boss treats me like a teff-less Squig. We should leave…” The Sneaky Boss forced him to shut up with a stare that could kill. ‘Ya’ follow da’ nu Boss, or Werzzhim will kill ya’ where ya’ stand. I saw Warpedfang kill Da’ Wit Wun. He be Boss now. We do as Da’ Boss says. We be Orks.’
The Mekboy head dropped down… he understood. Alone they would not survive. They needed Warpedfang more that he needed them. He walked to face his destiny. ‘ Errr… Boss? Me got da parts that… errr… ya’ got for me. Da parts be good… boff of ‘em. We need to gets some go-go-juice from da’ tanks for da Stompas.’ Suddenly Warpedfang jumped across the table and planted his spiked Choppa on the Mekboys left bicep. ‘Ya’ mean… MY STOMPAS!’ The rest of the Orks made a rioting noise. Even Skumgobbler got excited and accidently made some Grots head explode. ‘Yes, Boss… yer Stompas. Me Boyz can’t get da go-go-juice. Can ya’ help?’ Warpedfang looked down at him.

‘Me get ya’ da go-go-juice. Ya betta’ get me Stompas Reddy suun. Get da Boyz… we go now. We kill somefing and bring the go-go-juice.’ The Orks stood up and commenced marching. Werzzhim looked displeased, but marched along with the group none the less. After a day’s travel they reached the Ork controlled Promethium tanks. The Albino had captured this area long ago, and it was safely under Ork control. The Sneaky Boss was there when The Albino had the Mekboy change the computer readings, so they sent telemetry to the humans as functioning at 2% capacity. It was too little production for the humans to bother and invest resources on their rescue. Instead they would concentrate on other areas, which now lay under Imperial siege. It was a brilliant plan… too bad all its brilliance would be wasted by an undeserving Boss.

The Orks arrived to the Wrench ‘ead started to deviate the fuel from the tanks to his shop. It would take half a day. He had plenty of time to go back. He spoke one last time with his new leader and marched off. The Orks were to guard the tank so it could be emptied. Warpedfang order everyone to walk around, and kill anything that moved and did not wore the symbol of The Warped Fanged Klan. Enthusiastically all of them went to their tasks… in less than an hour, each Ork hated their life.

Unknown to them, human rebels had found that the tanks were indeed operational. They had dug into the telemetry and saw inconsistent looping data streams. They were convinced that these would be missed by the Imperial Bureaucratic staff, but it was clear something was wrong. They had sent scouts and discovered that the place was operational. Their plan was simple. The rebels understood that fixing the computer readings would create an instantaneous spike in available Promethium that not even the incompetent Servitors of the Imperium could miss. Someone would be dispatched to the area, and then they would destroy them. The Chaos would bring further confusion, which would favor all their motives. When they arrived to the area, they were surprised by the Orks’ presence. They altered their plan, to blow up the Promethium Tanks. The Orks would see the intruders as just another group of humans and would go to the know settlements for fighting. Also, the explosion would go through the pipes and disrupt the planet’s economy. It was an even better plan!

The rebels divided in two groups; one on the north-west and other at the east. The rebels on the north-west climbed stealthily up a building, with a clear view of the tank. They set up their firing points and were ready for the attack. The group at the east, moved inside a ruined building… waiting patiently for the moronic Orks to give them an opening. They saw several of them enter in a peeing contest, that degenerated quickly into a fist-brawl and a no-armed Grot (who was smoking a cigar) shout insults to another of his kin. The wait was long… and boring. The Orks were too stupid to fall for anything. One of the rebels threw a pre-recorded voice disk to alert the Green Skins away from the target… only to be picked up by one of the Lumps who then proceeded to eat it. The muffled voice came from his guts for few minutes there after.

The rebels could wait no longer. Their voice-voxes filled with the chatter of a coordinated attack. From the north-west multiple shots were fired. The Prometium Tank was being hit, but the distance was to far… bullets and lasers bounced off harmlessly. From the east several rebels jumped out the windows and door from the first floor, attacking the surprised Orks. Ammunition was spent with the same intensity that the Imperium spent Imperial Guards on the battlefield.

Skumgobbler fell on enemy fire… twisting in pain… faking his demise terribly. Few Orks were hit, but they were tougher that the looked. Rotskull climbed up a platform and prepared his Bog Shoota for the kill. Rebels on the top floor saw him and shot him on the face. Once again, he plummets to the floor, defeated. Orks saw a chance for a fight as a great diversion. They all moved closer to the enemy. Few managed to charge… other decided that shooting was the best option, only to find out that they had no guns. The confusion was massive… it was the chance the rebels needed.

A huge man ran towards the Weirdboy, who lay on the floor… he had the intention to kill. His mutant hide was repulsive, and his total concentration was on his prey. Unfortunately for him, Ironjaw was closed by. He moved and managed to intercept his Charge… the mutant turned, only to find Ironjaw’s multiple-sliced mouth as scary as the mouth of the Chaos Gods that favored him. The moment of hesitation cost him dearly… Iron jaw managed to push him off balance.

On the same area, a Kommando moved close to attack one of the intruders. A Gretchin also moved to join the fight. The no-armed Gretchin saw him and decided that no Grot would take his job as a living-bomb… he placed the lighted cigar into the rags attached to the fuel tanks he was sitting on. The explosion took over the place. Both the human and the Komando were pushed across the floor… the ‘invading’ Gretchin’s body was on the floor full of shrapnel. The no-armed Gretchin flew 20 feet on the air, landed in some roof. He stood up, looked down and started dancing in celebration. ‘Dat will teach ya’ to want me job!’

Orks paid no attention to such entertainment… they just moved close for the fight. It was time for the rebels to complete their plan. Gunfire rained from the north-west… failing to damage the tank. Fighting on the east was not productive either… it was deadlocked. The rebels on the fire-points did not notice three Orks arrived from patrol, and were already in top of then trying to backstab them. The Orks attacked with vicious fury… and Warpedfang called upon the power of the Waaagh! Orks now were now frenzied… first the man that survived the explosion was taken down by a Kommando. Boom-Boom took down another man. Ironjaw was locked in combat with the Chaos Mutant. Warpedfang arrived and join the melee, taking down someone who was attempting to get close to the tank. Bursting a wall, a crazed man charged the Orks. His attacks were brutal in strength, but completely wild. He never touched one of the Boyz. By sheer numbers, he was being overrun by a Green Tide.

The human voice-vox boomed… retreat to point Gamma One. Let this filth keep the place… we will take care of them later. The rebels moved as fast as they could. Few men had to stay behind to keep the Orks busy… they would not be missed at all. At the end of the aftermath, Rotskull arrived holding his left eye on his hand. There was nothing the Painboy could do. ‘Serves ‘im well, for useless!’ Werzzhim thought. The Boyz celebrated a victory. They were ready for more… it was time to hunt down DaBank.

Victory to The Warped Fang Klan!

Ahhh… back to normal gaming! Heheheheh… we decided to try this new ‘stealth’ Scenario. Interesting and fun diversion from the usual ‘go-kill’ games. At the beginning it was kindda slow, but then it picked up in intensity. Tim’s plan was fairly good, and he did try to sneak people in… but his rolling 5 and 6’s to-hit and 1 and 2’s to-wound did not helped him at all. The Close Combat was massive, and always a pleasure. At the end, Tim routed voluntarily… which never settles well with me as I don’t believe in just ‘giving up’ no matter how bad the odds are against me. I understand why people do it (and respect it) as it affects future games… but to me the story is prime. It came to be a good game, and I wish to repeat the experience soon.

The Scenario had certain issues that are now on the Suggestion Box, but it was not that bad. Once again, I had to roll my eyes at the money issues… I wanted to have a Trash-Kan for my game with Andy… but I was short. So I bought some armor, and paid my upkeep for the Demolition Expert. Looking forward the next game… and see how we do against our arch-nemesis… DaBank and his Last Chancers!

Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: White Waaagh! - Ork Battle Reports Summer 09 Campaign   Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:46 am

This space for rent... future Battle Report.

Week 05, Game 08: Occupy
Orks vs. Imperial Guard

Imperial communicates indicated that a key power conduit console was located in Sector Beta-One. The Last Chancers knew that if the Orks found out about it, they could repair it and increase the Manofactorium production to an outstanding 53%. The building must be captured and the installation used to over-charge the current power grid. This would stop the Orks plans for augmenting their weapon and ammunition supplies for good.

The Last Chancers rushed among the compound and quickly took over the location. They saw no green-skins in the area, but never the less took defensive positions. Everyone entered the building; several snipers took positions on the second floor, while the rest started studying the conduits, to see how they could accomplish their goal. Unknown to DaBank and his men, the weren't alone.

By pure coincidence, The Warped Fang Klan had followed a huge rusted above ground pipe trying to find out a power generator. Warpedfang cleverly thought that 'Da big red tubby has bigga an fasta powa!' While this was completely inaccurate, it happened that the pipe did indeed lead to the power generator compound. Unseen by the Last Chancers, the Orks basically moved in undetected until it was too late. The Imperial Flamers gushed promethium and burned two Orks to a green-black crisp which were part of the first wave. Warpedfang called upon the Power of the WAAAGH! and EVERYONE rushed in.

The two Gretchins who would not reach the building, were unceremoniously thrown to the second floor. The plan was for them to entertain the snipers... but they crashed landed. Never the less, the distraction was effective and the shooters could not perform their task at all. Both groups were inside the building, engaged in close quarters. Crammed like Guardsmen about to be dropped from an Imperial Navy ship into enemy territory, there was barely enough room to maneuver. Both men and Ork could barely move. Even then, this was a fight to the death.

The Painboy, Matasano, wanted to see some action. Excited by the WAAAGH!, he armed his ‘Urty Syringe and entered the melee. He quickly dispatched two Imperial Officers. He was seen as a double threat; not only he was dangerous now, but he could help other green-skins recover. Three Guardsmen were sent to kill him, but they could not take him down. Warpedfang was on the other side of the building fighting against four enemies at a time; he made a kill, but nobody could put him down. Other Boys joined in, dispatchin the Servants of the Emperor with ease... like a Stompa fighting a paraplegic Gretchin. The situation quickly turned bad for the Imperial Forces. Despite being still in control of the location, fear of death took over DaBank. He saw Warpedfang starting to move towards him, ignoring others in combat. He was reaching for him. Panic took over and he called "Every man for himself!" With that, all others routed irrationally, leaving wounded comrades to die and the power conduit available for the Orks to drain.

Victory to The Warped Fang Klan!

It has been a long time... and I don't have my notes. It was an interesting game. The terrain offer me a huge tactical advantage... I had a very defined corridor that started close to my side to 10" away from the building that if 'hugged' offered 100% obstruction of LoS. I managed to (by pure dumb luck) avoid being shot at all. Everyone got into the building and in Close Combat, the IGs were no match for the Orks.

My lucky dice kept rolling 6's for Saves (so I would not loose anyone) and to-Wound (more Crits!) It was bad. Unfortunately, DaBank decided to voluntarily rout. I say unfortunately, because I don't believe in Routing and I really wanted to see the Captain and Nob fight it out. I understand it was no longer fun for him, and I respect his choice. Like always... to me the story is prime.

It an OK game... while the Flamer was really cool, the fight was no challenge. DaBank seems hesitant to commit his forces and tends to 'react'. This may work against one or two enemies, but when you get 15 Orks and 2 Gretchins in top of you in one Turn... you get screwed fast. The story continues. came to be a good game, and I wish to repeat the experience soon.

Last edited by Mordheimer on Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:56 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: White Waaagh! - Ork Battle Reports Summer 09 Campaign   Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:46 am

Week 06, Game 09: Stake-Out
Orks vs. Imperial Guardsmen

Orks vs. Imperial Guardsmen

The Imperial Guardsmen had heard about the defeat of The Albino at the hand of the vile Xenos. They knew that the White WAAAGH! was no more, but a new leader was emerging. Records indicated that he was called Warpedfang. With claims of dispatching The Albino, he had kept the Orks together as their new Boss. It was time for the Ork forces to be dispersed. Intelligence reports indicated that the Orks were held together by a thread. Killing the new leader would demoralize them and create such havoc that it would be easier to kill them all. The plan was simple; kill Warpedfang and watch the Orks further weaken by internal fighting. This needed to be done in a magnificent battle, so the Orks of the loosing clan would be completely demoralized. Commanders ordered that the Guardsmen stalked Warpedfang and strike with great force when he was most vulnerable. They wanted the Orks to see him as a weakling in order to trigger a fight for supremacy.

They waited until Warpedfang's minions were spread thin in a fairly clear and open area before they rushed for the kill. The Cadians moved in like a green tsunami, killing few Boyz on the way. They make as much noise as they could, knowing it would attract the Orks in remote areas. They knew the Orks would be fast close enough to get close and see Warpedfang die, but would arrive too late to help him. The Cadians brought the Emperor's Cleansing Fire; they had had two Heavy Weapons Specialist and four Officers with Flamers. They intended to roast Warpedfang and let his massive funeral pyre signal his death. The Orks would fall for such sign as a great moment for one of them to ascend into power.

The desperate Cadians quickly got close to his mark, who instead of wait for reinforcements, decided to charge. He fell for the trap. Flames erupted from all directions, but the Boss would not fall. He yelled for his own Burna Boyz to burn the enemy. Then luck struck. One of the fuel tank of the Cadian's soldiers exploded. Not only it killed instantly the poor man, but the explosion started a massive chain reaction. Four other Guardsmen were caught in the explosion and two more Flamer tanks exploded! The explosion was such that if nuclear experts of the Death Korps could see the seen, they would had testified as seen a small nuclear detonation. By now many of The Warped Fang Clan started to arrive. They knew they would win; Gork and Mork were on their side.

In a twist of fate, the Loyalists shot Warpedfang to death. Everyone saw it. Between flames and smoke, it was clear. The battle came to a sudden stop. All the Boyz felt the waaagh drained from them in an instant. They stopped. They ripped their teef necklaces and started to fight among themselves. The Imperial Guard quickly moved into the shadows and saw how the Orks turned their vicious attacks against each other. The Wapred Fanged Clan was no more.

Death to The Warped Fang Klan!!

EPILOGUE: Few days laters, the Orks continued the constant bickering and fighting at camp. Almost everyone was in a foul mood, starting to fight for minimal things. There was nobody who could bring the Orks in line. They have almost turned feral; each Ork claimed to be the boss but none could hold their own. Who ever started emerging as the strongest was ganged up by all the rest. The once mighty Ork War Clan was a distant memory. What was left was a pathetic job. They would all be exterminated soon. Unless...

In the darkness, stood Werzzhim. The Sneaky Boss stood silent, understanding and absorbing the waste. The Albino had a vision for WAAAGH! He understood how to gain weapons and power. He put in practice the real power of the Orks, gaining victory after victory. These Orks understood nothing. He could do nothing but wait silently. He snickered; how pathetically amusing they were. A Gretchin was trying to sneak upon him. It was OK... the Grot was one of his minions. Before the little creature could touch him, Werzzhim turned around and put his 'Eldar toofpick' on teh Grot's neck. The Gretchin was startled almost to death! "Masta!!! Da mission is done. All be in place as ya said. Matasano says it be done soon. Da Whit One lead us once mo'."

Werzzhim grinned. This WAAAGH! was not over...

Defeat for The Warped Fang Klan!

What a game!!! The Duke of Earl and his crazy IG took the day! GREAT ending for the campaign! The Flamer Chain-Reaction was hilarious... and my stupidity cost me the game. I could have completed the escape, but I wanted blood... and Earl was relentless!

Against all odds, after loosing ALL those games... Earl demonstrated that he has what it takes to take one of the most powerful Squads head on. Although I was declared the winner of the campaign, I was so impressed by Earl sportmanship and tenacity that I volunteer that Earl should have the campaign prize. By loosing so many games, he actually won the campaign. CONGRATULATIONS EARL!!!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: White Waaagh! - Ork Battle Reports Summer 09 Campaign   Today at 9:30 am

Back to top Go down

White Waaagh! - Ork Battle Reports Summer 09 Campaign
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1