Death Squads Game Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Official Community of the Fan-Made 40k Skirmish Wargame Death Squads!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Renegade Goblin Freedom Fighter Inspiration.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
DeafNala

DeafNala

Renegade Goblin Freedom Fighter Inspiration. Empty
PostSubject: Renegade Goblin Freedom Fighter Inspiration.   Renegade Goblin Freedom Fighter Inspiration. I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 07, 2010 8:11 am

In the hopes that Fearless Leader Mordheimer will take this link & put up the photos....cianty showed me the UBERCOOL diorama from CMoN:

Renegade Goblin Freedom Fighter Inspiration. Skullblog1

Renegade Goblin Freedom Fighter Inspiration. Skullbusblog3

Renegade Goblin Freedom Fighter Inspiration. Skullbusblog2

Renegade Goblin Freedom Fighter Inspiration. Skullbusblog4

Renegade Goblin Freedom Fighter Inspiration. Gretchinart

Vote at CMoN... http://www.coolminiornot.com/254279

See the LARGE picture in this link!

Cool, huh?! What a Face

Last edited by Mordheimer on Wed Jul 07, 2010 9:46 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added pictures, as requested! - Mordheimer)
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Renegade Goblin Freedom Fighter Inspiration.   Renegade Goblin Freedom Fighter Inspiration. I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 07, 2010 9:56 am

After some minor research, this is the work of the Spanish MULTI-Golden Daemon winner, Enrique "emuse" Velasco Sanchez. This diorama took him over 250 HOURS of actual work... and it shows. He scratch built the bus (from wood) as well as the scenery as his entry for the 2010 Golden Demon Madrid competition... in his own words...

Quote :
Tengo que señalar que por decisiones comerciales de Games Workshop, el jurado decidió que no debía pasar ni siquiera el primer corte, donde se deciden los cinco finalistas que optarán a estatuilla. La explicación dada es que en el universo de Warhammer 40000 no existen los school bus.

TRANSLATION:
Quote :
I have to point out that for commercial decisions of Games Workshop, the judges decided that it should not pass even the first cut, where the five finalists that opt for a prize are decided. The given explanation is that in the Warhammer 40,000 universe school buses do not exist.

WHAT A PILE OF #^$*@#%!!! If true (and I wouldn't be amazed) someone at GW needs to be SHOT!

See more of his amazing work on his blog, http://emusestudio.blogspot.com. It is Spanish, but his work goes beyond languages!!!

Back to top Go down
http://www.DeathSquadsGame.com
DeafNala

DeafNala

PostSubject: Re: Renegade Goblin Freedom Fighter Inspiration.   Renegade Goblin Freedom Fighter Inspiration. I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 07, 2010 10:10 am

That does, indeed, SUCK deceased canine genitalia...G.W. has become a pond: i.e., the scum has risen to the top. Suspect

Blue Moon's Highways & Byways series of 30s style vehicles would to my twisted mind make some VERY COOL Goblin style vehicles...just the thing to send G.W. into the DEEP PURPLE HORRORS. What a Face My favorite of the H/Bs:
Renegade Goblin Freedom Fighter Inspiration. BMM1200

Thanks for working your photographic magic & supplying the background info, Mord.

Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Renegade Goblin Freedom Fighter Inspiration.   Renegade Goblin Freedom Fighter Inspiration. I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 07, 2010 10:45 am

HAHHA!!! I can se Da Boss sitting in his rocking-chair... firing some Dakka! Probably saying stuff about the good old times.

I agree that GW made a HUGE mistake with Enrique's entry. It is scratch built and uses GW minis. Comercially it showcases how far you can take a $15 package of Gretchins. The fact that there are no school-buses in Spain and the guy had to research the concept (as a matter of fact, he kept refering to the bus as 'school bus' in Spanish, instead of using the proper term 'Autobus Escolar'... we use them in Puerto Rico and other places in Latin America) elevates the work even higher. GW's move is a step-backwards into promoting creativity.

No school buses in the 40k UNIVERSE... a place where daily causalties of war are measured in the BILLIONS, in which MILLIONS of worlds go from Feudal, to pre-industrial, to post-industrial, to utopian to post-apocalyptic... there is not ONE vehicle that resembles a school bus? What do they expect the man to do? something like...
Renegade Goblin Freedom Fighter Inspiration. Magic-School-Bus Renegade Goblin Freedom Fighter Inspiration. Walking_School_Bus

I remember when the Golden Demon used to be about giving the 'normal joe' a platform to showcase his new found talents in building, converting and painting. Creativity and skill was rewarded. I'm not in favor of terrorism... but there are a few cubicles in Spain that deserve to have some special rewiring.

Next time, I will suggest for Enrique to do something like the pic below, but with a Rhino Transport. Just Kidding
Renegade Goblin Freedom Fighter Inspiration. 1592

@ DeafNala: No prob Boss... thank YOU for the wonderful find!
Back to top Go down
http://www.DeathSquadsGame.com
edward

edward

PostSubject: Re: Renegade Goblin Freedom Fighter Inspiration.   Renegade Goblin Freedom Fighter Inspiration. I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 07, 2010 4:19 pm

i cannot beleive he didn't win....GW sucks
Back to top Go down
Laney

Laney

PostSubject: Re: Renegade Goblin Freedom Fighter Inspiration.   Renegade Goblin Freedom Fighter Inspiration. I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 07, 2010 6:10 pm

The thing is if the guy had used a normal battle wagon or trukk and painted it yellow it would have probably passed the ridiculous rule that GW have imposed and won (but not been anywhere near as creative a piece of work as this clearly is).

GW just need to get over themselves sometimes (like this)

LANEY
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Renegade Goblin Freedom Fighter Inspiration.   Renegade Goblin Freedom Fighter Inspiration. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Renegade Goblin Freedom Fighter Inspiration.
Page 1 of 1