The Official Community of the Fan-Made 40k Skirmish Wargame Death Squads!

HomeFAQSearchRegisterLog in

Share | 

Exzachtly saying hello

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
exzachtly

PostSubject: Exzachtly saying hello   Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:36 pm

Hey everyone, i found the site while looking for some Adeptus Arbite information. Apparently a member made "Death Squad" and they look great. Looked around the site and am hoping to enjoy myself here.

I downloaded the book, anything else i need to do to be game ready?

I got a heavily converted squad of IG veterans that would be perfect for this Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Lord GreyWolf

PostSubject: Re: Exzachtly saying hello   Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:47 pm

find yourself an opponent and get playing. once you have your hooked. This game is awesome.

As for the Adeptus Arbites that is my squad project, I am currently working on them.

hoping to get some more work done on them soon so we can get them out there for you to enjoy.

great having you here let us know if there is anything we can help you with.

Cheers
LGW

Back to top Go down
exzachtly

PostSubject: Re: Exzachtly saying hello   Thu Jul 08, 2010 12:09 am

Sounds like a plan.

Working on them...as in just the modeling? Or a ruleset for Death Squad?

Im trying to find some decent rules to make it worth while to actually make a unit. Or a 1000 point army for 40k Smile
Back to top Go down
Lord GreyWolf

PostSubject: Re: Exzachtly saying hello   Thu Jul 08, 2010 12:25 am

I have made miniatures for the Adpetus Arbite squad to help me WRITE the rules for them. [a visual aid]

Death Squads will be getting Adeptus Arbites. just a matter of time thats all.

Cheers
LGW
Back to top Go down
DoZer

PostSubject: Re: Exzachtly saying hello   Thu Jul 08, 2010 7:34 am

Welcome!! Like LGW said, it doesn't take much to get you hooked!

Play some games and let us know how it went!

2. Though shalt not refer to thine brethren, whom the Emperor has dictated be armed with an incendiary weapon, as a "Flamer" constantly. For this has been proven to lower morale and cause strife within His Most Holy showering facilities.
3. Thou shalt not follow a Librarian around thinking, "Can you hear me now", repetitively in an attempt to drive him insane.
Back to top Go down
Da Bank

PostSubject: Re: Exzachtly saying hello   Thu Jul 08, 2010 7:41 am

Welcome to the group.

You started off on the right foot by reading over the rules and posting a "hello".

LGW as noted above is working on the Arbites, I would hope in a little while they would be available for playtesting and etc. I know we will be looking for people who would be eager to playtest them. All playtesters need to be active on the forum, you know posting helpfull information, being a part of our small group, friendly and playing some Death Squad games.

Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Exzachtly saying hello   Thu Jul 08, 2010 8:51 am

exzachtly!!!! Welcome! cheers

Yes, the Adeptus Arbites are on the pipeline. Lord GreyWolf is leading the project (its his baby!) and they are starting to take shape REALLY nice. It looks (to me) that they will be the stuff of dreams (at least mine!) because they will be VERY story driven! The background is solid (LGW has done extensive research) and does justice to the concept, BUT he has not avoided to expand in some details. Right now we are working on finishing the Chaos Cultists and Kroot Mercenaries Squads, as well as many updates/corrections/clarifications/fixes to TLRB... so I do not know if they will be ready for the next release of TLRB. But no worries... you can learn to play Death Squads and by then you could join the Beta Testers! Then you could give feedback on the Squad, how the fluff fits the Squad, how they play, etc. Very Happy

Like all Squads, the group of fighters for the Adeptus Arbites would be less than 20 models. I beleive the maximum number of fighters would be 12 or 15 (can't remember from the top of my head). The rules would allow you to play Death Squads using Adeptus Arbites Squad... way pass the "IG with Shields"... the Adeptus Arbites will capture the essence of what the AA stands for (a mix of military police, civilian SWAT and anti-terrorist special unit). That is our challenge... to make the AA feel totally unique. We do NOT use ubber stats; instead we use little things that players could combine to make each Squad unique. The AA got all of use very giddy... HA!

What you need to play Death Squads ? Besides TLRB and few chunk of plastics... a couple of friends! Play with the rules as written... post your battle reports (DON'T forget pictures... I love 'em!!!!) and share what you liked, disliked, what you learned and what are your next plans. Post questions on things you found unclear and we will not only clarify, but do our best to insure that TLRB is as clear as humanly possible. Your feedback is CRITICAL... we are all ears.

Remember, this is YOUR game too! Again... welcome home!

Support Bacteria; it is the ONLY culture some people have!
Since I ask "What do you think?" to all Staff, I have included it here to save time.

DoZer Flamethrower Mordheimer Justice NEEDS to be Served! Maybe 3rd Degree burns will teach you not to Tom Sawyer me to work!

Back to top Go down
http://www.DeathSquadsGame.com
exzachtly

PostSubject: Re: Exzachtly saying hello   Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:14 am

Haha. Awesome! And thanks everyone for the welcome.

You guys have a lot of talent in this little community and I literally "lol'd" when I saw your unity of grots Mortheimer.

I really like the idea of this game, I was always in love with the idea of the persistency in Necromunga, but due to entering the hobby a few years to late, no pieces, rules, or players were available.

This seems to be the perfect and better substitute!

Although i'm still undecided what sort of army I plan to be making over this summer season :/
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Exzachtly saying hello   Today at 3:41 am

Back to top Go down

Exzachtly saying hello
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Death Squads Game Forums :: Forum General Information :: Welcome Mat-
Jump to: