Death Squads Game Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Official Community of the Fan-Made 40k Skirmish Wargame Death Squads!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Prisoner Exchange 2010: Dark Angel Veteran SM by MathiasDark

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

Prisoner Exchange 2010: Dark Angel Veteran SM by MathiasDark Empty
PostSubject: Prisoner Exchange 2010: Dark Angel Veteran SM by MathiasDark   Prisoner Exchange 2010: Dark Angel Veteran SM by MathiasDark I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 09, 2010 3:35 pm

Well, as it is NOW the norm... I'm late for EVERYTHING! Ha! Last Tuesday I got a package on the mail... and I was surprised to see it was from MathiasDark. Well, not really... I knew he was sending me the Prisoner because I made the list! Just Kidding Anyhow, I was SUPER happy to see the model.

As you will see, it is a traditional robed Dark Angel Veteran Sergeant (to me, he is a LIEUTENANT!)... the paint job is VERY good. The Dark Green is almost black, depending on the light reflection. Highlights are subtle, but visible on careful examination! The blending on the robes is VERY smooth... it completes the illusion very well! To my (pleasant) surprise, his shoulder pad insignia was hand-painted. COOL!

This is a definite example of 'less is more'... rather than tricks (like my own props!), the skill in which the model is painted takes center stage, elevating the model to new heights. My only regret is that my pictures can NOT capture the majesty of this model. THANKS! I will treasure him forever... you know, I always wanted to do a DA army, but I needed money long time ago, so I sold it as I was painting it. Not good ol' MathiasDark... he goes to fight my Forgeworld Trygon on the mantle piece!

Here are some pictures... taken in a hurry. Will take some more... epic battle!

Thank you, thank you, thank you! Very Happy

Prisoner Exchange 2010: Dark Angel Veteran SM by MathiasDark MathiasDark01

Prisoner Exchange 2010: Dark Angel Veteran SM by MathiasDark MathiasDark02

Prisoner Exchange 2010: Dark Angel Veteran SM by MathiasDark MathiasDark03

Prisoner Exchange 2010: Dark Angel Veteran SM by MathiasDark MathiasDark04

Prisoner Exchange 2010: Dark Angel Veteran SM by MathiasDark MathiasDark05

PS: Ohh... I almost forgot... I found some 'packaging' worms! The vampire worm made my 4 year old boy to throw his arms up in the air and utter "What the hell?" Hehehehe.... made me keep looking on the box! HA!
Back to top Go down
http://www.DeathSquadsGame.com
MathiasDark

MathiasDark

PostSubject: Re: Prisoner Exchange 2010: Dark Angel Veteran SM by MathiasDark   Prisoner Exchange 2010: Dark Angel Veteran SM by MathiasDark I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 09, 2010 3:54 pm

hehehe awesome pics Dude =] Really glad you like him =]
The Trygon is huge! I just googled it because I dodn't know what it was! Embarassed

I think the shoulder pad turned out quite well considering it was my first attempt at painting designs freehand (& I was painting it at 1:30AM!)

But yes, glad ye likes him =]
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Prisoner Exchange 2010: Dark Angel Veteran SM by MathiasDark   Prisoner Exchange 2010: Dark Angel Veteran SM by MathiasDark I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 09, 2010 4:20 pm

Check out my Trygon in this link!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.DeathSquadsGame.com
DeafNala

DeafNala

PostSubject: Re: Prisoner Exchange 2010: Dark Angel Veteran SM by MathiasDark   Prisoner Exchange 2010: Dark Angel Veteran SM by MathiasDark I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 09, 2010 5:18 pm

VERY NICE! The Dark Angels are not the easiest of minis to get right; you did a SPLENDID job on the little Guy. VERY WELL DONE! What a Face

CONGRATULATIONS, Mord!
Back to top Go down
MathiasDark

MathiasDark

PostSubject: Re: Prisoner Exchange 2010: Dark Angel Veteran SM by MathiasDark   Prisoner Exchange 2010: Dark Angel Veteran SM by MathiasDark I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 10, 2010 11:19 am

@Mord, That Trygon is fantastic! Good job Marine's are immune to fear eh? =D

Thanks DeafNala, that means a lot coming from someone who is as good at painting as yourself =]
I'm hoping to improve my painting & modelling skills for next years event =]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Prisoner Exchange 2010: Dark Angel Veteran SM by MathiasDark   Prisoner Exchange 2010: Dark Angel Veteran SM by MathiasDark I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Prisoner Exchange 2010: Dark Angel Veteran SM by MathiasDark
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Death Squads Game Forums :: Death Squads - Community :: Painting & Modeling :: Prisoner Exchange 2010-
Jump to: