The Official Community of the Fan-Made 40k Skirmish Wargame Death Squads!

HomeFAQSearchRegisterLog in

Share | 

A little side project....

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Laney

PostSubject: Re: A little side project....   Tue Jul 27, 2010 9:46 am

I'd go with DoZer on this one. The blue GW brushes were reasonable - but I've gone through five fine detail brushes of the new type already (and I look after them). I'm currently using my older blue brushes - but they are beginning to wear thin. I might check out these reaper brushes.

Laney
Back to top Go down
Kiwi

PostSubject: Re: A little side project....   Tue Jul 27, 2010 3:57 pm

Umm sorry I think there's been some confusion, that was the brush I used to paint most of my cruddily painted orcs & goblins BEFORE I was taken pity on and got a cheap new brush for Christmas, no "master kiwi" Embarassed the models look almost as bad as the brush.
No way am I ever sharing pictures of my green stuffing tools with you they're kinda rusty.

@ 02Laney No only the undead at the moment, I'm hoping to get some of those stormtrooper models though.
Back to top Go down
franzyland

PostSubject: Re: A little side project....   Tue Jul 27, 2010 4:28 pm

Three cheers for us having a bake sale to raise money to get master kiwi some new brushes! I have some brushes that look like that. They were my dad's modeling brushes from the 60's.
Back to top Go down
Dysturbed

PostSubject: Re: A little side project....   Tue Jul 27, 2010 7:55 pm

To Order

Winsor Newton Series 7 Miniatures Brushes
The best.

I don't use the series 7 ones yet but I plan on getting them when i have some money again. I use the Winsor Newton Arcylic brushes that where avaliable at Crafts 2000. Not as good but they work ok till i can get the new ones.

The problem that im having with the arcylic brushes is they are synthetic and have a tendancy to curve at the tip for some reason (no i don' tleave my brushes in water and i store them flat. I don't understand but oh well.

"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, someone said to themselves, “You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I’m just not close enough to get the job done.” ~George Carlin
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: A little side project....   Tue Jul 27, 2010 8:40 pm

DUDE... the FACT you painted with that brush makes you "The Official Poster-Boy for Brush Care Month!"

Enjoy the INFAMY... Master Kiwi.

PS: I think I'm going to Photoshop your Avatar!!! Just Kidding

Support Bacteria; it is the ONLY culture some people have!
Since I ask "What do you think?" to all Staff, I have included it here to save time.

DoZer Flamethrower Mordheimer Justice NEEDS to be Served! Maybe 3rd Degree burns will teach you not to Tom Sawyer me to work!

Back to top Go down
http://www.DeathSquadsGame.com
Skraag

PostSubject: Re: A little side project....   Wed Jul 28, 2010 4:08 am

Quote :
The problem that im having with the arcylic brushes is they are synthetic and have a tendancy to curve at the tip for some reason (no i don' tleave my brushes in water and i store them flat. I don't understand but oh well.

That's a problem almost all synthetic brushes have in common. No idea why but it's the main reason I stick with natural hair brushes.
Back to top Go down
Kiwi

PostSubject: Re: A little side project....   Fri Jul 30, 2010 12:01 am

I'm going to get a new brush! Nothing special just one from the local craft store. I already have a size1 brush, any recommendations as to what type I should get?

@ Mordheimer I'm curious now.....
Back to top Go down
Arachas

PostSubject: Re: A little side project....   Thu Dec 16, 2010 5:54 pm

Thread Necromancy! POOF!

Was just curious what Kiwi's sig was about, hehe. Wink

Anyway, if anyone is looking for good brushes, I suggest Da Vinci. I'm like Skraag when it comes to painting. I use a larger brush for just about anything, because it holds more paint than the smaller ones. Then I use a detail brush for eyes and stuff.

As he said earlier in this thread: as long as the tip is good, you need a tiny brush to pull off accurate painting. Just get a good brush!

And, and on synthetics: my tips keep curving, too! Da Vinci is organic stuff. Even though the local store recommended synthetic for acrylics, I find the organic brushes to be much better.

Avatar art by HeavyMetalHanzo. Used with express permission.
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: A little side project....   Thu Dec 16, 2010 9:37 pm

Kiwi deleted his SIG!!! Booooohhhhh!!!!

hehehe check out THIS... ghehehehe... http://www.deathsquadsgame.com/t994-caring-for-brushes-master-kiwi

We were giving Kiwi a hard time. He was saying how hard was for him to sculpt and paint (like we all do) when suddenly he posted his 1st attempt to sculpt a hat... a MASTER PIECE! The he made the 'mistake' of posting a picture of his brushes... heheheh... after we gave him a hard time, and he changed his brush only to show how AWESOME painter he is. Hehehehe... all in good fun.

Since I ask "What do you think?" to all Staff, I have included it here to save time.

DoZer Flamethrower Mordheimer Justice NEEDS to be Served! Maybe 3rd Degree burns will teach you not to Tom Sawyer me to work!

Back to top Go down
Kiwi

PostSubject: Re: A little side project....   Thu Dec 16, 2010 11:37 pm

Mordheimer wrote:
Kiwi deleted his SIG!!! Booooohhhhh!!!!
I did?

I really find painting a lot easier with a detail brush not that I've been doing a whole lot lately. Though I might start a new squad, I managed to pick up the last chancers for the price of a box of cadian shock troops!
Back to top Go down
edward

PostSubject: Re: A little side project....   Fri Dec 17, 2010 2:10 am

i can verify that purchase....and they are some cool minis
Back to top Go down
Arachas

PostSubject: Re: A little side project....   Fri Dec 17, 2010 4:28 am

Nahh, Mord, he didn'te delete his sig. It just wasn't there yet in the old thread I was referring to!

Avatar art by HeavyMetalHanzo. Used with express permission.
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: A little side project....   Fri Dec 17, 2010 6:12 am

Yeah... my bad!

Kiwi is cool... he has more painting talent in his pinky that I will get in a life-time. Now that he 'discovered' that it is easier to paint with GOOD brushes, 'Eavy Metal should start making some space for him in 5 years! Wink

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A little side project....   

Back to top Go down

A little side project....
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2