Death Squads Game Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Official Community of the Fan-Made 40k Skirmish Wargame Death Squads!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What to use for CC Saboteurs??

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Mordoten

What to use for CC Saboteurs?? Empty
PostSubject: What to use for CC Saboteurs??   What to use for CC Saboteurs?? I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 26, 2010 4:52 am

Ok guys, now I need some help from your all.

As you might have noticed I'm a big fan of the upcoming Chaos Cultist squad (I've been nagging the developers about it for quite some time now... Can't help myself). And being impatient and with to much energy and time on my hands i've decided to go ahead building and painting my squad from the little info i know about the CC.

I like models that really look like the part they play. I used empire flagellant bodies and heads for my regular cultists to really get that crazy cultish look (you guys can kinda see the end result of thoose on another thread in this section. But be warned, the photos are frigging awfull!). To me it's very important that the model really represents what they are. WYSIWYG really makes the game more fun and i like strong characteristics in a model.

Being somewhat happy with my cultist models I'm now gonna move on to fixing up my Saboteurs! The problem i have now is what models to use.
I have models from house Orlock, Cawdor and Delaque from Necromunda. I also have some Scavvies and alot of Ratskins from that game also. Theres still some flagellant bits left and i know my friend "Styggisen" probably have some cadian bits laying around.

So what would you guys use for the Saboteur models?

I really want the models to look like clandestine urban guerillas or sécret agents so they really represent their recruit type.
I was thinking about modelling balaclavas out of green stuff for them, but iäm not sure thats a good idea.

So please help me and give suggestions how i can model them to really play their part well visually! Even better if you give suggestions what actual bits to use. I've got a decent job so i can by new stuff also. But any ideas are welcome!

Cheers!

PS. They're a Nurgle cult if it helps. The leader will be "true scale" and heavily converted model radiating of awesomeness!! bounce
Back to top Go down
DoZer

DoZer

PostSubject: Re: What to use for CC Saboteurs??   What to use for CC Saboteurs?? I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 26, 2010 7:30 am

Well, lets see if I can help.

The Saboteurs are your infiltrators. They are designed to go in ahead of the cultists and slit the throats of any targets that are a direct threat to the cult. They are heavy on the weapon skill, but absolutely weak on shooting. So that should give you a general idea of what kind of weapon load out you would want.

So with that in mind you probably want to look at at model with a nasty looking CC weapon and a pistol. But someone that is not OVERTLY chaos looking, since they are infiltrators they would have the need of blending into the local populace.
Back to top Go down
mudboy

mudboy

PostSubject: Re: What to use for CC Saboteurs??   What to use for CC Saboteurs?? I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 26, 2010 8:15 am

I made some sneaky looking, robe wearing, hooded types for a Mordheim warband a couple of days ago. Used a Plauge Monk body and replaced the feet with ordinary human shoes.
They have the same robed look as the Flaggelants and are hunchbanked so they look sneaky-sneaky.

Edit; Here's a picture to show what I'm taking about:
What to use for CC Saboteurs?? Th_P7260005

Last edited by mudboy on Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:48 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Inserted thumb)
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: What to use for CC Saboteurs??   What to use for CC Saboteurs?? I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 26, 2010 11:21 am

Dozer is right. In play-testing, the Saboteurs proven to be a force to be reckoned with... but you need to pace yourself with them. You send them alone to CC and they can be overwhelmed by Gretchins! Le Serpente has made a deal with the devil (CC?!?!) and he may dies CONSTANTLY, but as long as he takes several bastards with him, he always comes back!

I would use one of those crazy looking monks... with DUAL chainswords! heheheh

@ Dozer DORK! If you can't help NOBODY can! Just Kidding
Back to top Go down
http://www.DeathSquadsGame.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What to use for CC Saboteurs??   What to use for CC Saboteurs?? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What to use for CC Saboteurs??
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Death Squads Game Forums :: Death Squads - Community :: Painting & Modeling-
Jump to: