Death Squads Game Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Official Community of the Fan-Made 40k Skirmish Wargame Death Squads!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Hello from Texas

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
grobog

Hello from Texas Empty
PostSubject: Hello from Texas   Hello from Texas I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 11:41 pm

Hi, just learned about this project from a post on Dakka.
I play Orks and Space Wolves, and I like what I see in this ruleset. My wife likes eldar, but prefers smaller scale games so this looks right up her alley. We will start out with some eldar vs. orks and I look forward to seeing marine scouts.
I have seen lots of typographical errors in the 3.9 version, so I would like to offer my services as a proofreader if you need one.
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

Hello from Texas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from Texas   Hello from Texas I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 04, 2009 4:06 am

Welcome! Where in Texas are you? Odd that being from Texas, where everything is bigger, you guys prefer a smaller skirmish! I'm an Aggie, which could very well explain why so many typographical errors! Laughing

Joking aside, I think you will enjoy Death Squads very much. The Orks are very solid (pun!)... I stressed tested the Orks and I had a blast. Against all odds I used them as jumpers... I managed to made a few success jumps, yet had not many fatalities! They feel like 40k Orks... they are tough as nails, and while you can do anything you want, you will notice that is in your best interest to go and pick a fight! My favorite unit is the Sneaky Boss... very unique, yet familiar. I'm a Necron and Tyranid player... yet I have learned to embrace the WAAAGH!

JD3 wrote and stress-tested the Eldar. They are a thing of beauty. To me (a non-Eldar player) they seem to start kindda fragile but get really nasty and strong over time. The units and equipment make the space-fairies (can't resist to tease!) a very good Squad to play and to play-against.

On volunteering to proof-read... THANKS! It is good to know we can count on you as a backup. We are still working on TLRB v0.4.0 and MANY errors have been fixed. Proof reading has become a challenge; specially because all of us have become super busy in real life this Fall. We may call upon your offer!

Please share your adventures on the Campaign section... I would like to see how you guys like them. Very Happy My battle reports (mini-novels) are there. Check out the games vs Eldar... really nice! Again... welcome!
Back to top Go down
http://www.DeathSquadsGame.com
grobog

Hello from Texas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from Texas   Hello from Texas I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 04, 2009 10:50 am

I live in the Houston Area, League City to be precise. I went to the UT branch in Tyler, so I can appreciate an Aggie willing to make fun of himself.
I love big games, but the wife doesn't. She is a gamer, and willing to play, so I cater to her preferences. We have been planning some gorkamorka and mordheim, but now we will give this a try.
When we get a game in I will try to write up a report.
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

Hello from Texas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from Texas   Hello from Texas I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 06, 2009 8:48 pm

You know how many Aggie jokes there are?

None. They are all true stories! Just Kidding
Back to top Go down
VonHagel

VonHagel

Hello from Texas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from Texas   Hello from Texas I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 06, 2009 9:22 pm

Very Happy Aggie!?

confused you lost me at everything is bigger in Texas haha

no but seriously, Aggie?
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

Hello from Texas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from Texas   Hello from Texas I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 06, 2009 9:45 pm

I graduated from Texas A&M... so I'm an Aggie. In Texas... nobody as as 'brilliant' as an Aggie. Don't believe me? Here are some WELL DOCUMENTED FACTS.

Why do Aggies hate M&Ms?
They're too hard to peel.

Did you hear about the Aggie that got locked out of his car?
He spent two hours trying to get his wife and kids out!

Did you hear there aren't any cold drinks at College Station (main campus)any more?
They lost their recipe for ice.

Did you know that there are three types of Aggies?
Those who can count and those who can't.

Two normal guys and an Aggie decide to go to the desert. They each bring one thing.
The first guy brings water so they don't dehydrate.
The second guy brings food so they don't starve to death.
The Aggie says, "I brought a car door so if it gets hot, I can just roll down the window!"

How many Aggies did it take to unscrew a light bulb?
1,001. One to hold the bulb and 1,000 to turn the house... we are team-players!

Did you hear about the Aggie at the stop sign?
Well, he's still there.

Two Aggies go on a fishing trip. They rent all the equipment - the reels, the rods, the wading suits, the rowboat, the car, and even a cabin in the woods. The first day they go fishing, but they don't catch anything. The same thing happens on the second day, and on the third day. It goes on like this until finally, on the last day of their vacation, one of the men catches a fish. As they're driving home they're really depressed. One Aggie turns to the other and says, "Do you realize that this one lousy fish we caught cost us fifteen hundred bucks?" The other Aggie says, "Wow! Then it's a good thing we didn't catch any more!"

There was an Aggie that was down on his luck. In order to raise some money he decided to kidnap a kid and hold him for ransom. He went to the playground, grabbed a kid, took him behind a tree and told him, "I've kidnapped you." The Aggie wrote a note saying "I've kidnapped your kid. Tomorrow morning, put $10,000 in a paper bag and put it beneath the pecan tree next to the slide on the north side of the city playground. Signed, An Aggie." The Aggie then pinned the note to the kid's shirt and sent him home to show it to his parents. The next morning the Aggie checked, and sure enough a paper bag was sitting beneath that pecan tree. The Aggie opened up the bag and found the $10,000 with a note. The note said, "How could one Aggie do this to another Aggie?"
Back to top Go down
VonHagel

VonHagel

Hello from Texas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from Texas   Hello from Texas I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 06, 2009 10:08 pm

well.. When I started to read your Aggie jokes... I got a little dis hearted cause I didn't find them funny... but then all of a suddenly they won me over and started laughing!

The one about the bringing the door... not to burst your bubble, but I told that joke when I was a small child, only instead of Aggie it was Aarhusianer as in one that comes from Aarhus (the 2nd largest city in the country, and in the other end of the country) This has let me the frightening conclusion... AGGIES ARE OVER HERE AS WELL!!

SAVE YOURSELVES!
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

Hello from Texas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from Texas   Hello from Texas I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 07, 2009 3:46 am

One correction... they are not jokes. They are trues stories! Wink

See? Now imagine (and shiver in fear)... I am from Puerto Rico... making me a Puerto Rican Aggie! Maybe for you, similar to a French-Aarhusianer? affraid All in good fun. Every place have a "let's poke fun of them, because they can take it" group. I happen to belong to three of them... Puerto Ricans, Aggies and 40k-wargamers! Just Kidding
Back to top Go down
Da Bank

Da Bank

Hello from Texas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from Texas   Hello from Texas I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 18, 2009 5:55 pm

Yeah! Texas.....Uck! Aggie. LOL.

I lived in Houston for a few years.

Welcome!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Hello from Texas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from Texas   Hello from Texas I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hello from Texas
Page 1 of 1