Death Squads Game Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Official Community of the Fan-Made 40k Skirmish Wargame Death Squads!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Hey people

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
ErikXIIIAlexander

Hey people Empty
PostSubject: Hey people   Hey people I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 04, 2010 11:29 am

Greetings, fellow 40k'ers!

Swedish guy here.

I googled around the web and stumbled upon this game.
I have looked for some good 40k Skirmish rules for some time...

So where can I get the link? I'd like to ead them through to get a picture on how a game can be. o:
Also, a 40k skrirmish might be easier than the actual 40k game... as I live in a dorm in a school, might want to introduce this game to some other people using Skirmish rules...
Or why not just say "Let's play Death Squads!"

Also: how does the Space Marines and Chaos Space Marine play in this game Just Kidding

Back to top Go down
Laney

Laney

Hey people Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey people   Hey people I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 04, 2010 3:05 pm

Welcome to Death Squads! Death Squads

It's an ace ruleset and is developing all the time. The baseline squads are Imperial Guardsmen and the space marines and chaos space marines are going to be a coming along eventually. You'll find that the guys here only release things when they have been heavily playtested.

You'll find the rules in the downloads section - but bear in mind that a new version of the Living Rulebook is soon to be released.

Anyway enjoy - have look at the rules, see what other people have been doing with squads in the painting and modelling section and show us pics of your own stuff!

Its a friendly bunch here so feel free to ask any questions

Cheers Laney cheers
Back to top Go down
ErikXIIIAlexander

Hey people Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey people   Hey people I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 04, 2010 3:33 pm

Read a lil about the rules...as far as i know
there are rules from Necromunda and mordheim...
probably some of the 3rd edition 40k...

cover saves seems 40k-ish

I just hope that when Space Marines and Chaos are released
I hope that I can use like, 5-6 MARINES including a Segeant/Captain/Chaplain/Chapter Master

same with chaos....
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

Hey people Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey people   Hey people I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 04, 2010 4:55 pm

WELCOME!!!!

Your visit indeed is most appreciated! You can download The Living Rulebook v0.5.1b at this post: http://www.deathsquadsgame.com/downloads-f14/death-squads-the-living-rulebook-tlrb-v051b-released-t505.htm

I would suggest NOT printing it... we are working on the next version, so no point on 'wasting' paper and ink! Wink I would DO suggest start playing Death Squads with the current rules, so you and your friends get the basics. I think that you guys will like the game. Living in a School Dorm, Death Squads would mean that you do NOT have to invest lots of money in huge armies, so many people can join. I do warn you... you will find yourself converting models like crazy! Twisted Evil When you do... post pics! HAHAHA!

On your observations about Death Squads...
They are very close to the truth! Wink Death Squads borrows concepts from Necromunda and Mordheim, as well as from Gorkamorka and other non-GW skirmishes. We do have TONS of small rules (original to our game), but they tend to be very "ninja" Ninja ... they are hard to see, but to make a huge difference on how things happen. Our goal is to "enhance the players' 40k experience", so you could use Death Squads as a single game, a campaign or as a pre-game for 40k battles. Another thing is that we are VERY fluff oriented! Everything has to be backed by fluff... specially old school. You see that we have brought things that new 40k players do not know, because for some reason they have been phased-out of the new rules (probably for lack of space, but also some for commercial reasons beyond our comprehension).

About Space Marines...
One of the biggest hurdles of ANY 40k-skirmishes is the fair introduction of Space Marines. As far as I know, nobody have EVER published fair rules. I'm sure that we have cracked the code and the fair introduction of Space Marines will be a reality. Our tests have proven successful, so far. TLRB v0.6.0 will include the Chaos Cultists Squad... which are lead by a Chaos Space Marine. Depending on feedback, the next release will be the Space Marine Scout Squad (which will include a very nice 'kind' of Space Marine)... after that, we plan to introduce the Space Marine Chapter Squad, so players can bring representatives of their Chapters to a skirmish level. It will take some time, but everything in on the production pipe-lines! It is not only a matter of balancing the initial Squad, but making sure that they are playable over time in a Campaign (which is where everyone else has failed!)

Remember... Death Squads is also YOUR game. Learn how to play, post battle reports (pictures!!!!), share your experiences, post questions and opinions... and as opportunities open, you may even join our Staff and be part of the creation of OUR game. Read all about it here!!! cheers

No matter what... WELCOME! Don't be a stranger!
Back to top Go down
http://www.DeathSquadsGame.com
ErikXIIIAlexander

Hey people Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey people   Hey people I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 04, 2010 5:23 pm

Ima sit tight and wait for the Space marines and Chaos Space Marines... :3
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

Hey people Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey people   Hey people I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 04, 2010 10:33 pm

Well, start playing with the IG, so you get to know the system, The Chaos Cultists and Kroot Mercenaries will be included on TLRV v0.6.0... then, we will start working on Scouts and Arbites (maybe some more) while we gather info about the single Marines. That will allow us to tweak them. AFTER that, we will work on the Chapter Squads. My point... it will be a while. ENJOY THE GAME!
Back to top Go down
http://www.DeathSquadsGame.com
Sponsored content

Hey people Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hey people   Hey people I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hey people
Page 1 of 1