Death Squads Game Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Official Community of the Fan-Made 40k Skirmish Wargame Death Squads!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

13th (Varangian) Gamma Commando - Helios 'Flameboy' Jones

Go down 
+5
way-of-the-warrior
DeafNala
edward
Kiwi
Laney
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Laney

Laney

13th (Varangian) Gamma Commando - Helios 'Flameboy' Jones Empty
PostSubject: Re: 13th (Varangian) Gamma Commando - Helios 'Flameboy' Jones   13th (Varangian) Gamma Commando - Helios 'Flameboy' Jones I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 19, 2010 5:29 pm

Cheers for the positives guys,

I was loosely basing the captain (who is currently called Major Helios 'Flameboy' Jones) on this pic from Redemption Corps...
13th (Varangian) Gamma Commando - Helios 'Flameboy' Jones Redemp10

The head was simple - a cadian command squad head with the mask cut off one of the respirators (the only trick is to glue it on with a tiny dab of poly glue and hold it with tweezers to get it in position).

The cable is a little chunky - but I wanted to emphasise the killiness of the weapon. Chaos marine plasma pistol. The pipework was a thin plastic rod bent into shape - dry fitted and then a hollow plastic tube just a little smaller chopped into (sort of) even pieces. Glue one end and then thread on the plastic tube like beads, gluing them in place as you go and then stick the other end into a hole drilled to the right size - job done - easy really.

I reckon Drizzt has me on the greenstuffing Lara Krooft is just awesome (though my new colour shaper made working the green stuff an absolute dream - something green stuff doesn't stick to - with or without water!).

@ Mordheimer: I'll give the grenades pic another go tomorrow night - I might even have a little more of these guys to show (I'm on a roll at the moment). And please suggest away - I've got better simply from being on this forum, listening/nicking ideas and being encouraged to do more. So please suggest away.

Cheers Laney cheers MORE SOON
Back to top Go down
Kiwi

Kiwi

PostSubject: Re: 13th (Varangian) Gamma Commando - Helios 'Flameboy' Jones   13th (Varangian) Gamma Commando - Helios 'Flameboy' Jones I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2010 12:47 am

Very cool! Nice tattoos.
Back to top Go down
edward

edward

PostSubject: Re: 13th (Varangian) Gamma Commando - Helios 'Flameboy' Jones   13th (Varangian) Gamma Commando - Helios 'Flameboy' Jones I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2010 3:36 pm

i love the tattos the plasma pistol looks bad ass!
Back to top Go down
Laney

Laney

PostSubject: 13th (Varangian) Gamma Commando - Helios 'Flameboy' Jones   13th (Varangian) Gamma Commando - Helios 'Flameboy' Jones I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 25, 2010 5:58 am

The finished pics of Major Helios 'Flameboy' Jones. The commander of the 13th Varangian Gamma Commando 'Imperial Bodybags'. The name 'flameboy' comes from an incident in his youth, when as a young stormtrooper he was burnt virtually from neck to foot, leaving him unable to feel pain.
In an experimental (and possibly heretical) treatment (carried out at the request of Inquisitor Volkan Scerren, a Magos Biologus named Clavius Spurge coated his skin with a silicadamantine nanomachine spirit. This provided him with a responsive armoured coating capable of healing his wounds rapidly (equivalent to carapace armour).

My Captain: No name yet, but he is going to be a special forces major (the power sword is to represent his storm blade - equivalent to a catachan fang or devils claw)
13th (Varangian) Gamma Commando - Helios 'Flameboy' Jones Img_7244
13th (Varangian) Gamma Commando - Helios 'Flameboy' Jones Img_7245
13th (Varangian) Gamma Commando - Helios 'Flameboy' Jones Img_7246
13th (Varangian) Gamma Commando - Helios 'Flameboy' Jones Img_7247

A part paint job on Helios 'Flameboy' Jones...
13th (Varangian) Gamma Commando - Helios 'Flameboy' Jones Img_7258

Anyway here are the finished pics...
13th (Varangian) Gamma Commando - Helios 'Flameboy' Jones Img_7259
13th (Varangian) Gamma Commando - Helios 'Flameboy' Jones Img_7260
13th (Varangian) Gamma Commando - Helios 'Flameboy' Jones Img_7261
13th (Varangian) Gamma Commando - Helios 'Flameboy' Jones Img_7262

Cheers Laney cheers
Back to top Go down
DeafNala

DeafNala

PostSubject: 13th (Varangian) Gamma Commando - Helios 'Flameboy' Jones   13th (Varangian) Gamma Commando - Helios 'Flameboy' Jones I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 25, 2010 7:50 am

LOOKIN' GOOD! I like the cables for the weaponry; it gives it the right feel & provides a bit of color. The skin tones & the tattooing turned out GREAT. VERY WELL DONE! What a Face
Back to top Go down
way-of-the-warrior

way-of-the-warrior

PostSubject: Laney Temp   13th (Varangian) Gamma Commando - Helios 'Flameboy' Jones I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 02, 2010 4:28 pm

one word for everything you do laney EPIC!!!!!!!
me wanty more please Just Kidding
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: 13th (Varangian) Gamma Commando - Helios 'Flameboy' Jones   13th (Varangian) Gamma Commando - Helios 'Flameboy' Jones I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 10, 2010 9:25 pm

Laney... you and dr!zzt and competing to see who can do the greatest conversions ever? I mean... keep at it! You guys are putting my imagination in over-drive!

The Camptain Hell Pistil/Hell Gun... AMAZING! Love how you did the cables. So creative! And the padding... HOLY COW!!! How you did the head? The re-breather is a HUGE effect! Is there a model you can build that won't make me ask for a tutorial? And to think that the first model you posted I DARED to suggest something... HAHA!

Speaking of suggestions... what you try to do by taking pics of the grenades is SUPER hard... the focus on the picture was on the boots! When you go into photo taking mode... can you please try again? Try taking 8 - 10 photos and move the camera slightly... some a little higher or lower, some to left or right, some a little farther. I'm dying to see the Hazard Warnings!
Back to top Go down
http://www.DeathSquadsGame.com
Da Bank

Da Bank

PostSubject: Re: 13th (Varangian) Gamma Commando - Helios 'Flameboy' Jones   13th (Varangian) Gamma Commando - Helios 'Flameboy' Jones I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 10, 2010 10:20 pm

Great Work!

I read this book and it was great but your model is better!
Back to top Go down
Laney

Laney

PostSubject: Re: 13th (Varangian) Gamma Commando - Helios 'Flameboy' Jones   13th (Varangian) Gamma Commando - Helios 'Flameboy' Jones I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 11, 2010 2:59 am

Thanks - I just loved the image of this character - it was to cool not to try and create my own. I'd love to make a Ciaphas Cain at some point as well.

Cheers Laney cheers
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: 13th (Varangian) Gamma Commando - Helios 'Flameboy' Jones   13th (Varangian) Gamma Commando - Helios 'Flameboy' Jones I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 11, 2010 9:56 am

DO THEM!!!! Do The Last Chancers... make 'em right!
Back to top Go down
Laney

Laney

PostSubject: Re: 13th (Varangian) Gamma Commando - Helios 'Flameboy' Jones   13th (Varangian) Gamma Commando - Helios 'Flameboy' Jones I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 11, 2010 11:13 am

I've not read the last chancers - but maybe I can give the a go once I've read it. Ciaphas Cain and Jurgen in a scout salamander would be cool though!

Ta Laney cheers
Back to top Go down
Chuchosky

Chuchosky

PostSubject: Re: 13th (Varangian) Gamma Commando - Helios 'Flameboy' Jones   13th (Varangian) Gamma Commando - Helios 'Flameboy' Jones I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 11, 2010 11:16 am

Great job, you are a master painter :-)

I wanna you painting orks to get inspiration :-)
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: 13th (Varangian) Gamma Commando - Helios 'Flameboy' Jones   13th (Varangian) Gamma Commando - Helios 'Flameboy' Jones I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 11, 2010 11:54 am

Chuchosky wrote:
...you are a master painter ...
Say that manu times fast. Heheheh... I'm so immature! Just Kidding
Back to top Go down
edward

edward

PostSubject: Re: 13th (Varangian) Gamma Commando - Helios 'Flameboy' Jones   13th (Varangian) Gamma Commando - Helios 'Flameboy' Jones I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 11, 2010 3:12 pm

thats just lovely mord....how old are you again?
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: 13th (Varangian) Gamma Commando - Helios 'Flameboy' Jones   13th (Varangian) Gamma Commando - Helios 'Flameboy' Jones I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 11, 2010 6:59 pm

hehehehe... my birth certificate says 37... but my wife insists I'm 10!
Back to top Go down
edward

edward

PostSubject: Re: 13th (Varangian) Gamma Commando - Helios 'Flameboy' Jones   13th (Varangian) Gamma Commando - Helios 'Flameboy' Jones I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 11, 2010 11:41 pm

that sounds like my dad

birth cerificate: 41

mental age :9

still master painter..snigger
Back to top Go down
dwi

dwi

PostSubject: Re: 13th (Varangian) Gamma Commando - Helios 'Flameboy' Jones   13th (Varangian) Gamma Commando - Helios 'Flameboy' Jones I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 29, 2010 3:16 pm

Did you read the book? The one with the guy that your guy is inspired by? Major Moressten is that his name? I can't rember. I thought it was pretty good myself.
I have been trying to moddle him myself. He is a cool char.

Anywho well done! I would give you a thumbs up but we don't have one of those

Aquila dwi Aquila
Back to top Go down
Laney

Laney

PostSubject: Re: 13th (Varangian) Gamma Commando - Helios 'Flameboy' Jones   13th (Varangian) Gamma Commando - Helios 'Flameboy' Jones I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 29, 2010 3:24 pm

Redemption Corps was an ace book and really epitomised the Stormtroopers as a squad. I loved the range of cool characters in unit. My only gripe was how the squad was so small - they needed to discuss/include their parent regiment a little bit more. Otherwise great!

Laney cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 13th (Varangian) Gamma Commando - Helios 'Flameboy' Jones   13th (Varangian) Gamma Commando - Helios 'Flameboy' Jones I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

13th (Varangian) Gamma Commando - Helios 'Flameboy' Jones
Page 1 of 1