Death Squads Game Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Official Community of the Fan-Made 40k Skirmish Wargame Death Squads!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Varangian Skirmish 10thIG JordD vs 13thIG Laney vs WOTW Eldar

Go down 
+2
Arachas
Laney
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Laney

Laney

Varangian Skirmish 10thIG JordD vs 13thIG Laney vs WOTW Eldar Empty
PostSubject: Varangian Skirmish 10thIG JordD vs 13thIG Laney vs WOTW Eldar   Varangian Skirmish 10thIG JordD vs 13thIG Laney vs WOTW Eldar I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 26, 2010 4:00 pm

Just a quick summary for this one rather than a full battle report (and no pics - though hopefully JordD will post a couple of the battlefield that he took on his phone).

We decided to play the skirmish scenario as a multiplayer - so no-one had to miss out on a game.
My Varangian 13th set up first to be flanked by the South Varangian 10th one one side and the Eldar of WOTW on the other. So stuck in the middle, I made a huge mistake - I split my forces between the two and sent my flamers (mistake no.2) against the superior ranged forces of the Eldar across fairly open ground.

I should have headed for the higher ground in the centre and hidden more!

In the battle I took out one of the Varangian 10th (Theseus Grey - the sniper) and got truly owned by the 24" Assault 2 Shuriken Catapults (with avenger sight) that they sat back and shot with. I lost all three flamers OOA, plus an officer and three more recruits - so tactical retreat it was. JordD04 was the king of snake eyes (I think he rolled more ones than me) for most of the battle and WOTW was rolling criticals left, right and centre.

While I can't roll well in the main game - I always roll well in the post game. All the 7 OOA troops survived - with the only injury role as bitter enmity (against the dire avenger who shot him) for my lads got talent flamer. Anyway, another battle next week.

Cheers Laney cheers

Last edited by 02laney on Fri Nov 26, 2010 6:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Arachas

Arachas

PostSubject: Re: Varangian Skirmish 10thIG JordD vs 13thIG Laney vs WOTW Eldar   Varangian Skirmish 10thIG JordD vs 13thIG Laney vs WOTW Eldar I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 26, 2010 5:01 pm

Reality is a harsh teacher. Wink

Do I hear another V.I.S.I.O.N. nomination coming on?
Back to top Go down
Laney

Laney

PostSubject: Re: Varangian Skirmish 10thIG JordD vs 13thIG Laney vs WOTW Eldar   Varangian Skirmish 10thIG JordD vs 13thIG Laney vs WOTW Eldar I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 26, 2010 6:17 pm

Unfortunately, JordD04 struggled to hit anything - even with virtually everyone targeting one poor guy - but he did take one recruit OOA. It was the Eldar rolling criticals, because of that Assault 2 that really made the difference!

I'll learn eventually!

Cheers
Laney Shocked
Back to top Go down
JordD04

JordD04

PostSubject: Re: Varangian Skirmish 10thIG JordD vs 13thIG Laney vs WOTW Eldar   Varangian Skirmish 10thIG JordD vs 13thIG Laney vs WOTW Eldar I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 27, 2010 5:40 am

it was a fun battle to play bu i dont think the dice were on my side during that battle.

I will try to get some pictures posted once i get them of my phone.
Back to top Go down
Laney

Laney

PostSubject: Re: Varangian Skirmish 10thIG JordD vs 13thIG Laney vs WOTW Eldar   Varangian Skirmish 10thIG JordD vs 13thIG Laney vs WOTW Eldar I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 27, 2010 6:09 am

They'll be with you next time - and hopefully not with WOTW! (His Eldar are my nemesis!)
Back to top Go down
way-of-the-warrior

way-of-the-warrior

PostSubject: Re: Varangian Skirmish 10thIG JordD vs 13thIG Laney vs WOTW Eldar   Varangian Skirmish 10thIG JordD vs 13thIG Laney vs WOTW Eldar I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 05, 2010 4:17 pm

i laugh at the blood spilt not of my own through the sight of my guns through the iron of my blades and through the skills of my leader i wrecked havok amongst the imperium we are no freaks we are warriors and shall fight again and agian untill te impirium skum all die.

i felt the battle was a bit to easy as i didnt have to worry so much about dead eye dexter or theseus on the other side of the board but hey with a gun comes death but with w-o-t-w comes a masacaw and thats what really did happen hahaha
looking forward to another game and with a new tactic im going to try hehehe
watch out
Back to top Go down
Da Bank

Da Bank

PostSubject: Re: Varangian Skirmish 10thIG JordD vs 13thIG Laney vs WOTW Eldar   Varangian Skirmish 10thIG JordD vs 13thIG Laney vs WOTW Eldar I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 05, 2010 5:43 pm

Good to hear from you Way of the Warrior.
Back to top Go down
way-of-the-warrior

way-of-the-warrior

PostSubject: Re: Varangian Skirmish 10thIG JordD vs 13thIG Laney vs WOTW Eldar   Varangian Skirmish 10thIG JordD vs 13thIG Laney vs WOTW Eldar I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 06, 2010 5:33 pm

was that sarcastic da bank coz its hard to tell when its in text form
Back to top Go down
Laney

Laney

PostSubject: Re: Varangian Skirmish 10thIG JordD vs 13thIG Laney vs WOTW Eldar   Varangian Skirmish 10thIG JordD vs 13thIG Laney vs WOTW Eldar I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 06, 2010 6:53 pm

It'll be good to get my revenge on your Eldar when we play again WOTW. I think it's high time that my Catachans actually made it into close combat against your Eldar and maybe Deadeye can take out another of your officers (Hint - Get a healthcare professional! Very Happy ).

See you Thursday!

Laney
Back to top Go down
Arachas

Arachas

PostSubject: Re: Varangian Skirmish 10thIG JordD vs 13thIG Laney vs WOTW Eldar   Varangian Skirmish 10thIG JordD vs 13thIG Laney vs WOTW Eldar I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 07, 2010 5:39 am

Laney... it's all LIES! THERE ARE NO PICS!

As such none of this ever happened. Smack

Wink
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Varangian Skirmish 10thIG JordD vs 13thIG Laney vs WOTW Eldar   Varangian Skirmish 10thIG JordD vs 13thIG Laney vs WOTW Eldar I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 07, 2010 5:40 am

HAHAHAH!
Back to top Go down
http://www.DeathSquadsGame.com
Laney

Laney

PostSubject: Re: Varangian Skirmish 10thIG JordD vs 13thIG Laney vs WOTW Eldar   Varangian Skirmish 10thIG JordD vs 13thIG Laney vs WOTW Eldar I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 07, 2010 6:58 am

Pics for the next report (though JordD04 did promise he would post a couple he took on his phone) I promise!

Laney Very Happy
Back to top Go down
way-of-the-warrior

way-of-the-warrior

PostSubject: Re: Varangian Skirmish 10thIG JordD vs 13thIG Laney vs WOTW Eldar   Varangian Skirmish 10thIG JordD vs 13thIG Laney vs WOTW Eldar I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 07, 2010 4:55 pm

sorry laney wont be able to come this thursday as i have rehersals for drama gcse thingy sorry

(was only day we could all do within reason im afraid sorry)

but looking forward to whenever we next battle
Back to top Go down
Laney

Laney

PostSubject: Re: Varangian Skirmish 10thIG JordD vs 13thIG Laney vs WOTW Eldar   Varangian Skirmish 10thIG JordD vs 13thIG Laney vs WOTW Eldar I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 07, 2010 6:07 pm

No problem WOTW. Hopefully see you next week - good luck with the drama thing!

Laney Very Happy
Back to top Go down
way-of-the-warrior

way-of-the-warrior

PostSubject: Re: Varangian Skirmish 10thIG JordD vs 13thIG Laney vs WOTW Eldar   Varangian Skirmish 10thIG JordD vs 13thIG Laney vs WOTW Eldar I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 07, 2010 6:48 pm

cheers laney i might be able to go for some of it this week depends on how long rehersals take

p.s some advice for you read my updated squad list and especially the tactics part as thats what im planning to do to you next game and try to think about what i can do if you do something wrong especially with my newly promoted pathfinders 2 of them both with long las rifles 48 " thats alot of range and your not really a range squad hahaha
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Varangian Skirmish 10thIG JordD vs 13thIG Laney vs WOTW Eldar   Varangian Skirmish 10thIG JordD vs 13thIG Laney vs WOTW Eldar I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Varangian Skirmish 10thIG JordD vs 13thIG Laney vs WOTW Eldar
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Death Squads Game Forums :: Death Squads - Community :: Campaigns & Battle Reports-
Jump to: