Death Squads Game Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Official Community of the Fan-Made 40k Skirmish Wargame Death Squads!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

PPNCLI vs Death Orks of Krieg Round 6 and 7 VENGANCE IS MINE!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
sultansean

sultansean

PPNCLI vs Death Orks of Krieg Round 6 and 7 VENGANCE IS MINE! Empty
PostSubject: PPNCLI vs Death Orks of Krieg Round 6 and 7 VENGANCE IS MINE!   PPNCLI vs Death Orks of Krieg Round 6 and 7 VENGANCE IS MINE! I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 28, 2010 10:50 pm

I should not be writing this because I have an essay due tomorrow, and should get my priorities straight, but late last week me and Narcissus fought out battles 6 and 7 of the ongoing campaign. Later I will try and come back and flesh out these reports.

Round 6

We rolled Valkyrie down (which became defend the bridge) and with me finally winning the roll to decide roles I choose to be the attacker for once. The orks split in two with the Nob and burna’s group scattering away from the bridge to near a table edge with half the group in the first floor of a ruined house and the rest standing beside it.

The Patricias then rolled randomly for table edge and got the one that the Orks’ had deployed near. At first I was dismayed that the Nob would be ripping my poor guardsmen apart basically from turn one, but then I realized that all his units were nicely clumped for my two flamers and that I would be able to stand and rapid fire into half his army while the other half was powerless to help. So I deployed with an evil glint in my eye ready to BBQ dome Orks.

As the attacker I got first turn and lit ‘em up. One flamer shot the group in the house and the other the group on the ground resulting in all the orks in that half of the army getting flamed. I think I put a couple recruits ooa and maybe a couple more stunned. My sniper once again tried an overcharged shot and promptly blew himself up taking him ooa (they really need to look into a manufacturing flaw in the long-las production line). The rests of my shooting saw everyone in the ork group down or ooa with a couple charging recruits and sergeants mopping up leaving just the stunned Burna boy and the Knocked down Nob. Not being able to charge this turn and facing another round of concentrated shooting on his two most important models Narcissus decided to voluntarily rout. FIRST WIN FOR THE GOOD GUYS, thank you fluky deployment.

Round 7
Saw a bloody occupy scenario with both squads doing major damage to each other. We eventually called it a draw at the end of 6 turns because of time constraints. High points were my sniper lieutenant dying in the first round of ork shooting (he has yet to actually shoot his sniper rifle) and one of my sergeants lasting two rounds of combat till the end of the game against the ork nob and some boyz while all on his own. It was still looking very tight at the end of round 6 (although truthfully the Guard was probably going to pull out the win Wink )
Back to top Go down
Narcissus

Narcissus

PostSubject: Re: PPNCLI vs Death Orks of Krieg Round 6 and 7 VENGANCE IS MINE!   PPNCLI vs Death Orks of Krieg Round 6 and 7 VENGANCE IS MINE! I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 29, 2010 12:08 am

Good mini reports. Hahaha. The first game was a bit brutal. Attackers went first so I had about 5 OOA and 3 down before I even moved. It was looking pretty bleak so I chose to rout.

We were then unsure about outcomes. In a scenario with a reward for winning do you get the victory spoils if you win through rout and none of the objectives have been completed? For example, sultansean won, but had not occupied any buildings.

The second game was a bloodbath. Most of the fighting happened around a central building (occupy scenario). My highlight was my Nob killing an Ogryn in single combat. Sean was rolling well for criticals and injuries this game and my orks were falling fast. Weirdboy blew up on turn 2 and took a hard boy OOA then later blew up again and got knocked down before getting chopped up later on. So far for the Weirdboy, 5 games, 1 kill, 1 knocked down, 2 friendly kills. At least he has made me some money. Hahaha.

The second game was really close. I had 1 building, Sean had one, and the other was contested by the lonely sergeant who had survived two rounds with the Nob and a boy. Would have been interesting to finish it.

The bonus underdog experience has really helped sultansean's (SS?) squad. His recruits and heroes are getting pretty tough. I need to be better at getting my orks into combat. I've been worrying about using their guns too much! Hahaha. Revenge soon!

Post game saw 1 gretchin and 1 boy die forever. My Weirdboy got minus 1 movement. My sneaky boss got horrible scars (on the reroll from the doc) and everyone else recovered. I also got a hired gun for next game (I had the assassin last time, and he did nothing).
Back to top Go down
http://rustandthecity.blogspot.com/
sultansean

sultansean

PostSubject: Re: PPNCLI vs Death Orks of Krieg Round 6 and 7 VENGANCE IS MINE!   PPNCLI vs Death Orks of Krieg Round 6 and 7 VENGANCE IS MINE! I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 29, 2010 12:22 am

I also rolled another Hired Gun for next game too. My Sniper Lieutenant now hates whoever killed him, I think it was your officer Kommando? and everyone else recovered.
Back to top Go down
Narcissus

Narcissus

PostSubject: Re: PPNCLI vs Death Orks of Krieg Round 6 and 7 VENGANCE IS MINE!   PPNCLI vs Death Orks of Krieg Round 6 and 7 VENGANCE IS MINE! I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 29, 2010 1:04 am

It was just a regular kommando who killed him. I guess that means he hates my Nob? He'll be shooting at him anyways!

My Ork Hard Boy rolled hatred for whoever killed him. He was killed by the Weirdboy. Does that mean he now hates the Weirdboy, your whole squad, or your squad leader?
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: PPNCLI vs Death Orks of Krieg Round 6 and 7 VENGANCE IS MINE!   PPNCLI vs Death Orks of Krieg Round 6 and 7 VENGANCE IS MINE! I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 29, 2010 1:51 am

He would hate the Weirdboy... if he is YOUR Weirdboy, well... aheeemmmmm... it will make for awkward reunions (no other game effect).

I have not read SUPER carefully the battle reports... ohhhh.... how I'm tempted! Back to TLRB!
Back to top Go down
http://www.DeathSquadsGame.com
Narcissus

Narcissus

PostSubject: Re: PPNCLI vs Death Orks of Krieg Round 6 and 7 VENGANCE IS MINE!   PPNCLI vs Death Orks of Krieg Round 6 and 7 VENGANCE IS MINE! I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 01, 2010 2:14 am

PPNCLI vs Death Orks of Krieg Round 6 and 7 VENGANCE IS MINE! Image

Game 6. Valkyrie down. The orks scattered in front of the Imperial Guard squad. They got gunned down and chose to rout. Game over...

When a squad routs like this does the winning squad get bonuses for winning the scenario (ex. 4D6 credits for each occupied building, even though none are occupied...)?

Game 7: Occupy. Buildings to occupy were the large houses, the small ruin, and the storage tank towers. Note the medieval terrain. I have limited terrain and it adds more complexity.

Orks using the terrain to get to the objectives.

Orks and guard engage in the large building. The boyz try to occupy a building while getting sniped by the guardsmen.
Back to top Go down
Laney

Laney

PostSubject: Re: PPNCLI vs Death Orks of Krieg Round 6 and 7 VENGANCE IS MINE!   PPNCLI vs Death Orks of Krieg Round 6 and 7 VENGANCE IS MINE! I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 01, 2010 6:02 am

Great to see this campaign developing some real rivalries - not just between you guys, but also the models themselves!

Also, nice to see the IG win one. Almost a shame it was so one-sided. Was it purely a fluke of deployment or does the sceanrio need tweaking to prevent this rapid end happening?

Some nice scenery in development - gotta start some of that for our campaign.

Cheers Laney cheers
Back to top Go down
Narcissus

Narcissus

PostSubject: Re: PPNCLI vs Death Orks of Krieg Round 6 and 7 VENGANCE IS MINE!   PPNCLI vs Death Orks of Krieg Round 6 and 7 VENGANCE IS MINE! I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 01, 2010 2:55 pm

Sultansean will hopefully chime in too. It was pretty fluky that the ork squad scattered in that direction and then the guard rolled that side to deploy. It was tough for the orks as they were in the open and faced with the full shooting on turn 1 with almost no cover. I think the scenario would usually work the way it currently is. Maybe allowing the defender to move first, so they can get some cover and a bit of positioning, would allow for more balance. Or you could have something like in the commander scenario, where each defending model had to pass an initiative test to move first (and otherwise stay still or move only 2 inches to represent them being stunned from the crash).

We would have to do the scenario a few more times as well. This was a pretty lucky deployment. It is tough to lose before even moving though!
Back to top Go down
sultansean

sultansean

PostSubject: Re: PPNCLI vs Death Orks of Krieg Round 6 and 7 VENGANCE IS MINE!   PPNCLI vs Death Orks of Krieg Round 6 and 7 VENGANCE IS MINE! I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 01, 2010 3:18 pm

I guess you could include that all Attacking models had to be deployed 12" from a defender. It was a rather unlikely series of events and was compounded by the fat that we were using a smaller than regulation table.

The wording in the deployment for that scenario isn't super clear, there is mention of scattering from the center of the table as well as the defender picking a point and scattering from there.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: PPNCLI vs Death Orks of Krieg Round 6 and 7 VENGANCE IS MINE!   PPNCLI vs Death Orks of Krieg Round 6 and 7 VENGANCE IS MINE! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

PPNCLI vs Death Orks of Krieg Round 6 and 7 VENGANCE IS MINE!
Page 1 of 1