Death Squads Game Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Official Community of the Fan-Made 40k Skirmish Wargame Death Squads!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Hail Fellows and Well Met

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
cleal baros

Hail Fellows and  Well Met Empty
PostSubject: Hail Fellows and Well Met   Hail Fellows and  Well Met I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 06, 2010 7:27 am

Hi all, just thought it proper to post introducing myself (and perhaps my gaming group) to the forum.

As a group of 40k and Mordheim players of over ten years now I'd just like to say well done and thank you on our behalf for what seems to be a very well thought out and extensive rule set. We've yet to play, keen to get our heads around the rules before we kick off in an attempt to prevent the odd bit of mordy slipping into our gaming where incorrect but many of us are well on our way to converting/painting squads and writing our first lists, which I've no doubt will be appearing in the relevant threads for c&c.

Death squads pretty much delivers on what we've been looking for for some time now.

Planned Squads.

Cadian 101st (Guard)
Blood Pact Death Brigades (Catchan)
Dark Eldar Raiders (Eldar)
Beil Tan Kill Team (Eldar)
Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaagh! (Eldar Mby?...)
10th Company Special Ops Team (One player is very keen to get his hands on the 'work in progress' Marine list)
Radical Inquisitor Retinue (Chaos Renegades)

So far these are the players I know of but no doubt once people see the game being played in our club there’ll be a few more to add to a potential campaign.

Thanks again and I’ll def be seeing yourselves elsewhere on the forum.
Back to top Go down
Arachas

Arachas

PostSubject: Re: Hail Fellows and Well Met   Hail Fellows and  Well Met I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 06, 2010 7:50 am

WELCOME!

Wow, you guys have some great ideas for squads (Eisenhorn squad anyone?). We want to see pics!

Be sure to let us know what you think of the rules!
Back to top Go down
Da Bank

Da Bank

PostSubject: Re: Hail Fellows and Well Met   Hail Fellows and  Well Met I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 06, 2010 7:56 am

Welcome!

Thanks for the kudos as it is appreciated. This endeavor was started over 2 years ago and has evolved.

Death Squads follows some of Mordheim as I am Answer MOD Da Bank, Rules MOD for Mordheim for SG Games. With that not all of Death Squads will be exactly like Mordheim as we saw after a while that not all Mordheim game mechanics translated well.

Again, welcome to the group.
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Hail Fellows and Well Met   Hail Fellows and  Well Met I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 06, 2010 8:20 pm

cleal baros... WELCOME!

Glad to see more veterans stopping by! cheers Your comments make me all fuzzy inside. Puke We are indeed working hard to make a great enhancement for 40k! The possibilities are endless... and it IS lots of fun too!

Death Squads has evolved into its own game. If you play Mordheim or Necromunda, you got 85% of it down, and the rest would not be too hard. You got to watch for the 'little' changes (we call 'em the Ninja rules!) which have been implemented on purpose, so mimic something else without the average player knowing. Wink A nice example is "overwatch". Go... look for our rules for overwatch.

Go... look. I wait.

[patiently waits]

What? You can't find them? Wonder why?!?!?! OHHHH!!! Ninja SLASH!!!

Hehehe... rather than the silly evolution that Overwatch (as presented on 3rd Edition and Necromunda) that degenerates the game into "I wait until you move... No, I wait until YOU move" (which inevitable makes for long waiting games) we questioned what was that Overwatch wanted to do. So, we change a little thing... and voilá! We got the same result. What we did was to change the order when you Declare Charges (but do not move or attack). It is at the beginning of the Turn (before you move or shoot), because now you can move your 'support' units and fire the intended Assault target. This mimics 'fire-support' yet adds a tactical element (would shooting take the enemy OOA and thus 'waste' the Assault? Should I shoot the target?) If you do not pay attention to the rules, you may miss the order, and thus miss an incredible little change that makes the game more intelligent and challenging to players!

Question? Where do you and your game hail from? We are looking forward reading your battle reports, looking at the pics (we love picks) and seeing your 'pin' on our Map of Players! Ask questions, make suggestions... and HAVE FUN!

Enjoy YOUR game!
Back to top Go down
http://www.DeathSquadsGame.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hail Fellows and Well Met   Hail Fellows and  Well Met I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hail Fellows and Well Met
Page 1 of 1