Death Squads Game Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Official Community of the Fan-Made 40k Skirmish Wargame Death Squads!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

I havent been around lately

Go down 
+3
Laney
jammydodger
cody20
7 posters
AuthorMessage
cody20

cody20

I havent been around lately  Empty
PostSubject: I havent been around lately    I havent been around lately  I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 04, 2011 3:54 pm

But i finally have internet where im living now so expect to be seeing more of me around. I see the new rules came out and chaos cultists are looking pretty good on my radar to start.

I got a new gaming table which ill post some pics sometime later, and other things i was wondering what if we started doing painting contest once a month just for fun.
no prizes just bragging rights.
Back to top Go down
jammydodger

jammydodger

PostSubject: Re: I havent been around lately    I havent been around lately  I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 04, 2011 7:07 pm

Glad to see someone come back to DS. Hope the move (I presume you moved) went well - congrats on the gaming table... massively useful to have one of your own.

As for a painting contest, I think that'd be a good idea. I don't paint very often but a friendly competition might serve to give me some incentive.
Back to top Go down
cody20

cody20

PostSubject: Re: I havent been around lately    I havent been around lately  I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 04, 2011 7:39 pm

I did move and doing so lost alot of my models but hope to make new ones
As for the painting contest would also help people finish there squads up to.

we could even do a conversion contest aslong as laney doesnt enter it ; )
Back to top Go down
jammydodger

jammydodger

PostSubject: Re: I havent been around lately    I havent been around lately  I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 04, 2011 8:20 pm

Sorry to hear about the move. Still have to unpack fully from mine and really hoping the damage wasn't too bad. Terrain is one thing that really worries me - really puts me off building any until I get established.

On the painting front I could agree more. Not sure about the Conversion corner. I personally think there are a couple of other good bidders: dr!zzt, Captain LSD, tendi, Colonel Prius (the new Sorceror looks solid), etc. Not that I disagree that Laney is great... but I'm not sure it'd be a turkey shoot.
Back to top Go down
Laney

Laney

PostSubject: Re: I havent been around lately    I havent been around lately  I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 05, 2011 3:01 am

There's some great stuff out there from lots of people (not to mention those who don't post loads of pics - dysturbeds eldar prisoner exchange model was superb for example). I personally would love to see another prisoner exchange like last years - then you can go wild and stretch your ability.

Laney cheers
Back to top Go down
cody20

cody20

PostSubject: Re: I havent been around lately    I havent been around lately  I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 05, 2011 12:01 pm

jammydodger wrote:
Sorry to hear about the move. Still have to unpack fully from mine and really hoping the damage wasn't too bad. Terrain is one thing that really worries me - really puts me off building any until I get established.

On the painting front I could agree more. Not sure about the Conversion corner. I personally think there are a couple of other good bidders: dr!zzt, Captain LSD, tendi, Colonel Prius (the new Sorceror looks solid), etc. Not that I disagree that Laney is great... but I'm not sure it'd be a turkey shoot.
i agree with you on that. i havent been on in while so i dont know the new people, but ill go look at there stuff, im sure its good, everyboys work for death squads is always great.
i do remember laney being great at converting and kiwi with his kroot. Id like to see everyone elses.

as to laney i didnt get to do the exchange last year but it would be great to be part of it the next time.

By the way does anyone know where ican make free pdf's and others can download it.
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: I havent been around lately    I havent been around lately  I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 05, 2011 5:09 pm

Welcome back... AGAIN!!! Cody... you know we love ya!

Post pics... I'm a fan of your work.

On a new 'activity'... we are letting people soak the new Squads and rules, and see what we can come up with. Rather than a 'contest' I do like the Prisoner Exchange... everyone that participates win, as they get a model... but I want to add a little twist. Twisted Evil

Download PDF Creator... it is 100% free and you get to make PDFs. You can't make fancy stuff (like digital signatures or add movies)... but is FREE!
Back to top Go down
http://www.DeathSquadsGame.com
jammydodger

jammydodger

PostSubject: Re: I havent been around lately    I havent been around lately  I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 05, 2011 7:03 pm

Also try the Oracle OpenOffice WordProcessor. It lets you save documents as PDFs amongst other things (goooo OpenSource!)

I wouldn't mind getting involved in the Prisoner Exchange although I'm not sure it'd be fair on whoever was partnered with me. Maybe I'll start now, just in case...
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: I havent been around lately    I havent been around lately  I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 3:03 am

Well Jammer... the spirit of the Prisoner Exchange is that EVERYONE push their own limits. Personally, I struggled with time management (and failed!), learned how to work with balsa wood, challenged my GS skills (I made a great... ass. Yes, my claim to fame is a Gretchin's ass... confused ), tried Laney's verdigris (patena) weathering technique, as well as pushed my rusty painting techniques. People who do not know how to paint, struggled with highlighting while noob modelers tried hard to make great bases and so on.

No matter the model one got, we all knew this person created the best they could something specially for you. IF we do the Exchange, everyone would be happy and honored of getting something from you... not because it is the best at this or that... but it is because the best YOU could make for THEM. That is very special.
Back to top Go down
jammydodger

jammydodger

PostSubject: Re: I havent been around lately    I havent been around lately  I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 11:31 am

Quote :
No matter the model one got, we all knew this person created the best they could something specially for you. IF we do the Exchange, everyone would be happy and honored of getting something from you... not because it is the best at this or that... but it is because the best YOU could make for THEM. That is very special.

Group hug! Hehehe. I can appreciate the sentiment here but I'm afraid my first reaction is always flippancy. My second reaction is much more honest - that would indeed make the project awesome. If we are going to do one I intent to take part and have already had ideas for the model - quite literally a prisoner! PEDS 11-xxxxxxx.

Well I guess my boundary to push is actually completing a model within a set-time frame... and painting it. Grrr. Techniques are way beyond me at the moment.
Back to top Go down
cody20

cody20

PostSubject: Re: I havent been around lately    I havent been around lately  I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 5:57 pm

here are some pictures of my new buildings for my table.
I havent been around lately  100_5410
I havent been around lately  100_5411
I havent been around lately  100_5412
i have about 5 more buildings anf each building has its on floors for windows

Also thank you for the pdf thing ill see what i can do with them. bounce
Back to top Go down
jammydodger

jammydodger

PostSubject: Re: I havent been around lately    I havent been around lately  I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 6:00 pm

Nice stuff. Is that a 6' by 4' table? It should be great for DS, especially if you stuff all the terrain in the suggested 4' by 4', blocking LOS and making it a bit of a rat's nest.

More importantly, when is your first game?
Back to top Go down
mudboy

mudboy

PostSubject: Re: I havent been around lately    I havent been around lately  I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2011 6:07 am

Mordheimer wrote:
...my claim to fame is a Gretchin's ass...

LMFAO I havent been around lately  Rofl3

Cody. What materials did you use for your buildings? They look great Very Happy
Back to top Go down
cody20

cody20

PostSubject: Re: I havent been around lately    I havent been around lately  I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2011 4:19 pm

For mudboy
i just used foam core, ithink thats what its called, all is its pink.
Back to top Go down
cody20

cody20

PostSubject: Re: I havent been around lately    I havent been around lately  I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2011 4:20 pm

For mudboy
i just used foam core, ithink thats what its called, all is its pink.
Back to top Go down
DeafNala

DeafNala

PostSubject: Re: I havent been around lately    I havent been around lately  I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2011 9:03 pm

WELCOME BACK, cody! cheers
You've got the makings of some VERY COOL scenery...NICE WORK!
The "pink" (sometimes blue) stuff is insulation foam (extruded styrofoam); foam core is a sheet of styrofoam between to thin sheets of card. What a Face
Back to top Go down
Da Bank

Da Bank

PostSubject: Re: I havent been around lately    I havent been around lately  I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 08, 2011 9:52 am

Cody

How did you lose you models in moving?

Which ones as you had some great models.

If you are a great conerted and should ply your trade and selling converted models or squads.
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: I havent been around lately    I havent been around lately  I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 08, 2011 10:20 am

Cody, I suggest you start a NEW thread on the terrain section for your buildings. They are turning out nice.
Back to top Go down
cody20

cody20

PostSubject: Re: I havent been around lately    I havent been around lately  I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 08, 2011 10:00 pm

Da Bank wrote:
Cody

How did you lose you models in moving?

Which ones as you had some great models.

If you are a great conerted and should ply your trade and selling converted models or squads.

Well when i left i thought i had everything packed up but turns out i left that one box with all my models in it except a few IG and the house i moved out of is already bought by someone so i dont think ill be seeing those models ever again. confused
Back to top Go down
Da Bank

Da Bank

PostSubject: Re: I havent been around lately    I havent been around lately  I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 08, 2011 11:07 pm

Stop by you never know. It would be worth it to get them back.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I havent been around lately    I havent been around lately  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I havent been around lately
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Death Squads Game Forums :: Other Topics :: General Interest-
Jump to: