Death Squads Game Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Official Community of the Fan-Made 40k Skirmish Wargame Death Squads!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Are you digging this air? Slaanesh Cult of Pleasure!

Go down 
+5
Telruna
Colonel Prius
Mordheimer
DoZer
Arachas
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Arachas

Arachas

Are you digging this air? Slaanesh Cult of Pleasure! Empty
PostSubject: Are you digging this air? Slaanesh Cult of Pleasure!   Are you digging this air? Slaanesh Cult of Pleasure! I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2011 7:32 am

Yesss.... I'm digging this air. Slaanesh!

Anyone who's known me for a while knows I always play the good guys. I've been told it's a sign of maturity when you allow yourself to dabble with your dark side. And I've been sold on Slaanesh since reading 'Fulgrim'.

So here goes! My very first bad guy army/band/whatever! How can something so wrong... feel so good? Twisted Evil

Here's the plan. I plan to go themed, so all Slaanesh (particularly the Flawless Host ). The good news is that all my officers will be very fast. The bad news is that my recruits won't be! I'm not sure yet how to make this work ingame. I foresee a splitting of the force that make it vulnerable. Yet if I slow the officers' pace to that of the recruits, the extra M is wasted! Suggestions are very welcome (I'm looking at you, DoZer Wink).

The CSM and the Champions will be fast and shooty. So they'll serve as mobile firing platforms, with the Champions supporting the CSM in laying down a hail of fire, where ever it is needed most. The Chosen will be the support counter-attack CC force, the recruits meatshield.

Officers

Chaos Space Marine [112]
Mark of Slaanesh [25]
Sonic Blaster [37]
Bolt Pistol, Sword, Combat knife [-]
Notes: He's fast, he's agile. And he shoots a lot. Not to mention he can take a lot. He's the centre of the line and needs to take out a lot of guys.
Total: [174]

Aspiring Champion [38]
Mark of Slaanesh [25]
Autogun [22]
Sword [18]
Combat knife [-]
Notes: Agile and fast, too. Part of the mobile firing platform, but also equipped with CC weapons to counterattack and utilize his WS of 4. The other options would be to give one of the champions an Undivided mark, opening up heavy bolter options. Thoughts?
Total: [103]

Aspiring Champion [38]
Mark of Slaanesh [25]
Autogun [22]
Sword [18]
Combat knife [-]
Notes: as per above.
Total: [103]

Chosen [34]
Mark of Slaanesh [25]
Sword [18]
Autopistol [15]
Combat knife [-]
Notes: Counterattack, CC focused.
Total: [74]

Chosen [34]
Mark of Slaanesh [25]
Sword [18]
Autopistol [15]
Combat knife [-]
Total: [74]

Total cost officers: [528]
Possible options: more armor, especially for the champions.

Recruits

Annihilator [34]
Autogun [22]
Combat knife [-]
Note: The fluff says these guys fire at their own dudes, yet there's no rule to reflect that. Maybe something for a future edition? Gamewise: meat with some ability to shoot.
Total: [56]

Annihilator [34]
Autogun [22]
Combat knife [-]
Total: [56]

Saboteur [33]
Autopistol [15]
Combat knife [-]
Note: CC meat
Total: [48]

Saboteur [33]
Autopistol [15]
Combat knife [-]
Total: [48]

Total recruits: [208]
Total squad: [736]

Let rip! Pull it apart! Any and all suggestions welcome!

Back to top Go down
DoZer

DoZer

PostSubject: Re: Are you digging this air? Slaanesh Cult of Pleasure!   Are you digging this air? Slaanesh Cult of Pleasure! I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2011 9:27 am

Well, you already know how I feel about the Saboteurs. As for 42 points you could equip a crappy cultist with an autogun, have that extra shot on the move (rapid fire) and longer reach (24") for less than the cost of 48 points, shooting only once when you move, and can only reach out to 12", and is marginally better at CC. You are really hampering yourself with having all 4 upgraded recruits, which would be my target #1's, because thats only 4 recruits protecting your officers. Lets face it, if you loose one, its not easy to replace. If I take all four OOA, you've got a 33% chance to loose each one (probability says you will loose 1.32 of them).

Drop the autopistols on your Chosen. Give them autoguns. Use the sword as your primary hand your combat knife as your secondary. This should give you a little more firepower.

I like the idea of Undivided with a Heavy Bolter, but if you only run one like that, then you don't stand a very good chance of getting that strength increase which is all important to use the Heavy Bolter. I would suggest, if you intend to get that Heavy Bolter, to run both Aspiring Champs with Undivided as it exponentially increases your chance to get it. Even if you only get the HWS skill, remember you can still use the Heavy Stubber.

Slaanesh I feel should really be about Shooting and Scooting, and they just so happen to also be good at CC. Everything should be laying down a withering amount of firepower, and only get into CC when it is absolutely necessary. Keep the CSM floating in the middle of your line, counter-attacking any units that get to close to your recruits and Officers (think of him like a sweeper in football (soccer for us Americans), cleaning up on the defense wherever he is needed).

Really your CSM should be enough to withstand any close combat charge, as he can lay a pretty good beat down. Just ask Mord about his 4 officers and an Ogryn attacking my Plaguemarine.

Other than that, again my only comment is really more meat for the meat shield!!
Back to top Go down
Arachas

Arachas

PostSubject: Re: Are you digging this air? Slaanesh Cult of Pleasure!   Are you digging this air? Slaanesh Cult of Pleasure! I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2011 10:37 am

So... what ARE Saboteurs good for? Do I buy them later on with specialized equipment? I'm imagining you put them in the list for a reason... hehe.

So stealing from that idea... how about this (stealing Laney's much better annotation):

Officers
Chaos Space Marine 112, Mark of Slaanesh 25, Sonic Blaster 37 (Power Armour, Combat Knife, Boltpistol, Sword) [174]
Aspiring Champion 38, Mark of Chaos Undivided free, Autogun 22, Sword 18, Combat Knife free [98]
Aspiring Champion 38, Mark of Chaos Undivided free, Autogun 22, Sword 18, Combat Knife free [98]
Chosen 34, Mark of Slaanesh 25, Autogun 22, Sword 18, Combat Knife free [99]

Total officers: [528]

Recruits
Cultist 21, Autogun 22, Combat Knife free [43]

Total recruits: [215]

TOTAL: [743]

Question: why is a Chosen almost as expensive as an Aspiring Champion, when the latter has way better stats? And can an officer with the Undivided Mark take another Mark later on? Is switching allowed at all (say i.e. Nurgle to Slaanesh)?
Back to top Go down
DoZer

DoZer

PostSubject: Re: Are you digging this air? Slaanesh Cult of Pleasure!   Are you digging this air? Slaanesh Cult of Pleasure! I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2011 11:27 am

Arachas wrote:
So... what ARE Saboteurs good for? Do I buy them later on with specialized equipment? I'm imagining you put them in the list for a reason... hehe.
I like variety. So do others. I personally use them later in the campaign with specialized equipment like you said. But others might like running them from the beginning. My point to you was that you used all your credits on specialized troops.

Arachas wrote:
Question: why is a Chosen almost as expensive as an Aspiring Champion, when the latter has way better stats? And can an officer with the Undivided Mark take another Mark later on? Is switching allowed at all (say i.e. Nurgle to Slaanesh)?
There are lots of reasons why there are closely priced. To make a long story short, Aspiring Champions are only slightly better than the Chosen, AND they have a special rule that can severely damage the squad. Balance is key, and that is how it is attained.

My only other change would be to add one Annihilator, maybe two, and one saboteur if you truly want one. Get the flame thrower for the Annihilator, as it can truly help out when being charged by a CC oriented squad (Orks come to mind).
Back to top Go down
Arachas

Arachas

PostSubject: Re: Are you digging this air? Slaanesh Cult of Pleasure!   Are you digging this air? Slaanesh Cult of Pleasure! I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2011 11:36 am

I don't NEED a saboteur... was just wondering why they were there.

A flamer... good one. Didn't think of that. Of COURSE I need a flamer. Burns for the burn god!

Officers
Chaos Space Marine 112, Mark of Slaanesh 25, Sonic Blaster 37 (Power Armour, Combat Knife, Boltpistol, Sword) [174]

Total officers: [528]

Recruits
Annihilator 34, Flamer 27, Combat Knife free [61]

Total recruits: [233]

TOTAL: [761]

Gotta lose 11 points... lose a Cultist and buy something else? Give two of them autopistols?
Back to top Go down
Arachas

Arachas

PostSubject: Re: Are you digging this air? Slaanesh Cult of Pleasure!   Are you digging this air? Slaanesh Cult of Pleasure! I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 22, 2011 11:42 am

Ended up starting with this:

Officers
Aspiring Champion 38, Mark of Chaos Undivided free, Autogun 22, Sword 18, Combat Knife free, helmet 20 [108]

Total officers: [548]

Recruits
Annihilator 34, Flamer 27, Combat Knife free [61]

Total recruits: [190]

TOTAL: [738]

Note to self: Champions need armor! I got them both carapace (after one got an I upgrade) after the first game, so they wouldn't get shot to bits in the first turn. Wink
Back to top Go down
DoZer

DoZer

PostSubject: Re: Are you digging this air? Slaanesh Cult of Pleasure!   Are you digging this air? Slaanesh Cult of Pleasure! I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 22, 2011 11:49 am

Arachas wrote:

Item in red is wrong. Sonic Blaster is Rare 6 which means you cannot start with it.
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Are you digging this air? Slaanesh Cult of Pleasure!   Are you digging this air? Slaanesh Cult of Pleasure! I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 23, 2011 12:04 am

Busted! Hhehehehe... cheater! HAHAH! You should learn from me an my FIVE attack Ogryn! That was ... subtle!
Back to top Go down
http://www.DeathSquadsGame.com
Arachas

Arachas

PostSubject: Re: Are you digging this air? Slaanesh Cult of Pleasure!   Are you digging this air? Slaanesh Cult of Pleasure! I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 23, 2011 5:27 am

DoZer wrote:
Arachas wrote:

Item in red is wrong. Sonic Blaster is Rare 6 which means you cannot start with it.

And you tell me this NOW? It was in the list from the start! I suppose I still have the IG Captain in my head...

It does rock, I tell ya. Wink
Back to top Go down
Colonel Prius

Colonel Prius

PostSubject: Re: Are you digging this air? Slaanesh Cult of Pleasure!   Are you digging this air? Slaanesh Cult of Pleasure! I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 24, 2011 2:12 pm

Worse thing is, I told him before the game: "Are you sure, does he have some kind of special rule that allows him to have an item with high rarity?

And he was all like: "I posted the list on the Forum and Dozer didn't mention it when he commented on the list..."

I shouldn't have been that lazy and should have checked the rules....cheater! (yes, yes, I accidentally started with a lieutennant with a shotgun, but still....)
Back to top Go down
http://www.ussaeon.co.cc
Arachas

Arachas

PostSubject: Re: Are you digging this air? Slaanesh Cult of Pleasure!   Are you digging this air? Slaanesh Cult of Pleasure! I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 25, 2011 6:32 am

LOL! I think ALL of the players in our group have mistakenly taken weapons with a rarity that was too high. We're stupid...

So how did these guys perform in their first two games? Not bad at all... even though I lost both games.

The first game was against Prius' 10-game veterans. It wasa breakthrough game and I was attacking. You can guess what happened: my guys were slaughtered. The staying power of the Chaos Marine was proven, though: he spent a great deal of the game knocked down or stunned, but he didn't go OOA! In fact, he was assaulted while down, survived, stood up and subsequently clubbed his assaulter to death... epic!

The second game was Defend the Find... and I was defending. Against Toyama's Orks (he's on this forum somewhere!). The noise marine did not move for the entire game, hehe. He stood in the middle of the objective building cracking off shots with his sonic blaster. He took four enemies OOA and caused many more wounds... nice.

That game only went south when Toyama managed to sneak in a flamer (he had THREE in his squad) and torched two guys and put a wound on my Marine. He shot another cultists and two turns later he had more dudes in the objective zone than I had... dang it.

So yeah, the CSM ROCKS! He truly is the pillar of the squad, because the rest isn't worth much (including the Aspiring Champions). Sure, the marks help (though not if you keep forgetting the Undivided Mark special roll AND you keep rolling leg wounds for your Mark of Slaanesh Chosen!), but other than that your guys are wimps. Hmm... I need some dark gifts.
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Are you digging this air? Slaanesh Cult of Pleasure!   Are you digging this air? Slaanesh Cult of Pleasure! I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 25, 2011 7:11 am

Colonel Prius wrote:
I shouldn't have been that lazy and should have checked the rules....cheater! (yes, yes, I accidentally started with a lieutennant with a shotgun, but still....)

I'm still the CHEATER champion! I maintain TLRB and complaint CONSTANTLY of being sick of looking at it and still... I make up stuff. NOT on purpose... yes... not on purpose. I just.. get confused with older versions... YES!!! That's it! OLDER versions. Now, move along... this are not the droid you are looking for.
Back to top Go down
http://www.DeathSquadsGame.com
Telruna

Telruna

PostSubject: Re: Are you digging this air? Slaanesh Cult of Pleasure!   Are you digging this air? Slaanesh Cult of Pleasure! I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 25, 2011 2:08 pm

@Arachas: all the players from our group are stupid? tssk tssk Don't call me stupid because of your own mistake! Don't spit on my honor... Smack

I demand justice! Next DS brawl will be your downfall. Mad

LOL
Back to top Go down
Arachas

Arachas

PostSubject: Re: Are you digging this air? Slaanesh Cult of Pleasure!   Are you digging this air? Slaanesh Cult of Pleasure! I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 25, 2011 2:17 pm

Seriously, you don't want to pick this fight with me.

You know what we call Telruna in our group? Jar Jar Binks. That's how stupid he is. Wink
Back to top Go down
DoZer

DoZer

PostSubject: Re: Are you digging this air? Slaanesh Cult of Pleasure!   Are you digging this air? Slaanesh Cult of Pleasure! I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 25, 2011 2:49 pm

Here is 76 free credits, two rarity rolls of 9, and two +1 S increases for you Aspiring Champs for your next match against Telruna. Use them wisely!

Pistol Rifle
Back to top Go down
Telruna

Telruna

PostSubject: Re: Are you digging this air? Slaanesh Cult of Pleasure!   Are you digging this air? Slaanesh Cult of Pleasure! I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 25, 2011 6:23 pm

@Arachas: Don't confuse clumsy with stupid you little *censor*. I don't need no Dev credits to win my battles. Just Kidding

On a side note: Jar Jar Bink became a respectable Naboo senator.

Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Colonel Prius

Colonel Prius

PostSubject: Re: Are you digging this air? Slaanesh Cult of Pleasure!   Are you digging this air? Slaanesh Cult of Pleasure! I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 25, 2011 6:55 pm

Wasn't he instrumental in getting Palpatine in power, thus throwing the galactic civilisation into years of civil war?...

Anyway.... It is a good thing that all our cheating didn't help us all that much...
Back to top Go down
http://www.ussaeon.co.cc
Major Sturmm

Major Sturmm

PostSubject: Re: Are you digging this air? Slaanesh Cult of Pleasure!   Are you digging this air? Slaanesh Cult of Pleasure! I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 26, 2011 3:13 pm

Aaah, I read that my young apprentice is starting to cheat. Good boy!

I suspect he is darker than his innocent appearance suggests. Nice ...
Back to top Go down
Arachas

Arachas

PostSubject: Re: Are you digging this air? Slaanesh Cult of Pleasure!   Are you digging this air? Slaanesh Cult of Pleasure! I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 26, 2011 5:47 pm

You have taught me well, sensei! I have embraced the dark side...

SEX FOR THE SEX GOD!
Back to top Go down
Arachas

Arachas

PostSubject: Re: Are you digging this air? Slaanesh Cult of Pleasure!   Are you digging this air? Slaanesh Cult of Pleasure! I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2012 1:09 pm

All right, I'm going to give this squad another whirl. I've bought the Cultists on eBay, I've got Chapterhouse Marine stuff (to make a truescale CSM)... good to go.

Has anyone had experience playing Cultists by now?
Back to top Go down
Laney

Laney

PostSubject: Re: Are you digging this air? Slaanesh Cult of Pleasure!   Are you digging this air? Slaanesh Cult of Pleasure! I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2012 3:12 am

2 games that's all. Put the CSM to the front and be careful how you use the aspiring champions (support is better than lots of kills or your CSM will mash them for impertinence). A mix of Chaos Marks also seems to work better than all one type. The Mark of Slaanesh I think can help with a sniper - extra movement to get into position and I+1 to climb into a good spot (it also makes his more effective if close combat because a necessity).

Oh, and re-read everything DoZer has ever posted ont he subject!

Laney:D
Back to top Go down
skavenslayer

skavenslayer

PostSubject: Re: Are you digging this air? Slaanesh Cult of Pleasure!   Are you digging this air? Slaanesh Cult of Pleasure! I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2012 4:12 am

I have 3 games played with the Cultists, its a great squad, very specialist close range / close combat.

Next time I play, im gonna start something like this:

CSM, MoN, Club (free Bolter)
Asp. Champ, Autogun, Club, Flak Armor, Head Guard
Asp. Champ, Autogun, Club, Flak Armor, Head Guard
Chosen, MoK, Club, Flak Armor, Head Guard
Chosen, MoK, Club, Flak Armor, Head Guard

5 x Cultist, Club
2 x Annihilator, Flamer

This gives me 11 credit left. Things Im thinking of changing is getting the Asp. Champs the MoS by dropping either autoguns or 1 guy with Flamer.

This is buildt after my play still and taste.
What do you preferre ? Does you CSM need a certain mark ?
Tell us a bit of how and what you want from this squad, makes it easier to help you Very Happy

-Skavenslayer
Back to top Go down
Arachas

Arachas

PostSubject: Re: Are you digging this air? Slaanesh Cult of Pleasure!   Are you digging this air? Slaanesh Cult of Pleasure! I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2012 4:37 am

For one, I want a themed squad. Fluff goes first. I just can't seem to imagine all kinds of marks being used alongside each other, it doesn't feel right. Maybe we should fix that (DoZer?).

Slaanesh is my favorite Chaos god. I loved the Fulgrim novel, for me it's the most relatable corruption in the Chaos palette (by which I don't mean to say I could see myself engaging in orgies of sex and violence, but more that I understand the temptations caused by lust, beauty and perfectionism better than bloodlust or knowledge).

With my IG Ogryn nearing completion (I need to post pics, I've changed it a lot since the last ones), I'm a bit more confident with my greenstuffing abilites - the clay shapers helped a LOT, I can recommend those to anyone. This means I want to take it to the next level with my Chaos Space Marine. He needs to be sexy and he needs to be purple.

I'm not going full-blown Noise Marine. I'm going for a more subtle corruption, maybe a smaller version of Fulgrim: more Elvish than anything, I guess. I've got two squads of Dark Elves lying around that I don't seem to be able to sell, I want to use some bits from those, alongside spare Blood Angel parts. I'll use gems, give him long hair, funky sword... stuff like that. And top it off with cables and maybe a few weird mutations to the armor.

So modelling and fluff go first, hence I slapped on MoS on everyone but the Champions. I also prefer playing shooty squads. Korn and Slaanesh aren't allowed together, right? Can't do that for the Chosen.

All-Slaanesh may not be the most powerful - but is it viable?
Back to top Go down
skavenslayer

skavenslayer

PostSubject: Re: Are you digging this air? Slaanesh Cult of Pleasure!   Are you digging this air? Slaanesh Cult of Pleasure! I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2012 6:16 am

Arachas wrote:
For one, I want a themed squad. Fluff goes first. I just can't seem to imagine all kinds of marks being used alongside each other, it doesn't feel right. Maybe we should fix that (DoZer?).

Well, there are some restictions, regarding the CSM´s mark... but not a lot, still comparing the fantasy and 40K, it fits ok.
Ex. my look at my own squad, the Leader is MoN, he hire 2 MoK and 2 MoS officers, now instead of him fighting for control of the squad the Khorne and Slaanesh members fight inbetween them self.

Personaly i would hate more restictions, let your own fluff deside how many restictions you want.

I think a full Slaanesh can work, might not be the most WAAC powergamer choice, but then again, we do play for fun Very Happy
Slaanesh squads I would play with focus on 1" - 12" shooting, maxing on Rapid Fire and Shotguns, then charging in later and kill all humans. Resistance is Futile

Here is a quick example of how i might start a full Slaanesh squad:

CSM: MoS, Bolter (free), Club
Asp. Champ: MoS, Flak armor, Head guard, Autogun, Club
Asp. Champ: MoS, Flak armor, Head guard, Autogun, Club
Chosen: MoS, Flak armor, Head guard, Autogun, Club
Chosen: MoS, Flak armor, Head guard, Autogun, Club

5 x Cultist: Club

Credit left: 13

Use the Cultists as shield, move forward slowly, use Autoguns as poormans Shotguns, when within range CHARGE !!!

Things to upgrade:
CSM: Sonic blasta, Helmet, Powerweapon
Asp, Champs and Chosen: Upgrade Autogun to Shotgun, Head guard to Helmet, Get Chain/power swords. Maby get Carapace armor, but then you ´loose´ the I bonus.
Cultists get leftover Autoguns, get Flamer guys asap.

-Skavenslayer
Back to top Go down
Gatlag Stonetooth

Gatlag Stonetooth

PostSubject: Re: Are you digging this air? Slaanesh Cult of Pleasure!   Are you digging this air? Slaanesh Cult of Pleasure! I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2012 9:13 am

Interesting topic!
I will be following this from now on! Smile
And I'm curious to your models Arachas! (way better name Wink)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Are you digging this air? Slaanesh Cult of Pleasure!   Are you digging this air? Slaanesh Cult of Pleasure! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Are you digging this air? Slaanesh Cult of Pleasure!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Death Squads Game Forums :: Death Squads - Community :: Squad Lists, Tactics & Strategies-
Jump to: