Death Squads Game Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Official Community of the Fan-Made 40k Skirmish Wargame Death Squads!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Greater Behemoth Tervigon squad and Genestealer squad

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
JordD04

JordD04

Greater Behemoth Tervigon squad and Genestealer squad Empty
PostSubject: Greater Behemoth Tervigon squad and Genestealer squad   Greater Behemoth Tervigon squad and Genestealer squad I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 21, 2011 4:21 pm

These are some images of models i Painted for my Tyranid army, some of them are not finished yet but they still make a fairly good looking squad, before anyone makes any comments I am aware that not all the limbs are attached to my stealers or are in the wrong places, but they were my first squad so give me a bit of slack.
Greater Behemoth Tervigon squad and Genestealer squad Dsc01312
Greater Behemoth Tervigon squad and Genestealer squad Dsc01313
Greater Behemoth Tervigon squad and Genestealer squad Dsc01314
Greater Behemoth Tervigon squad and Genestealer squad Dsc01315
Greater Behemoth Tervigon squad and Genestealer squad Dsc01316
Greater Behemoth Tervigon squad and Genestealer squad Dsc01317
Greater Behemoth Tervigon squad and Genestealer squad Dsc01318
Greater Behemoth Tervigon squad and Genestealer squad Dsc01320
Greater Behemoth Tervigon squad and Genestealer squad Dsc01321
Greater Behemoth Tervigon squad and Genestealer squad Dsc01322
Greater Behemoth Tervigon squad and Genestealer squad Dsc01410

Sorry about the pictures of my converted genestealer are a bit blury, i would love to hear your feedback.
Back to top Go down
DeafNala

DeafNala

PostSubject: Re: Greater Behemoth Tervigon squad and Genestealer squad   Greater Behemoth Tervigon squad and Genestealer squad I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 21, 2011 6:24 pm

VERY NICELY DONE! I like your choice of colors AND the base on the Lad(?) with the white thingy in his claws is VERY COOL. What a Face
Back to top Go down
Balrogthebuff

PostSubject: Re: Greater Behemoth Tervigon squad and Genestealer squad   Greater Behemoth Tervigon squad and Genestealer squad I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 21, 2011 9:32 pm

I really like the use of the little touches of green. Do you count them as Toxin sacs? Or simply just to look good while they devour biomass?
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Greater Behemoth Tervigon squad and Genestealer squad   Greater Behemoth Tervigon squad and Genestealer squad I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 21, 2011 9:39 pm

VERY GOOD!!!!

I like the color scheme... very sci-fi monster! My constructive criticisms... although you MUST be proud of such great models already!

* Weird... but I think your models would look great after some dipping. It will give them a more detailed look, without having you spend YEARS detailing your army. Well, you may not take years painting like I do. I made a nice tutorial here and some more over here.

* When you base them, I suggest something light. I mean, you could go very simple with green static grass and few rocks. It will make your Nids stand out. Of course, experiment with one model 1st. I could be wrong... and I could not bare to be responsible of messing your army! Just Kidding

Anyhow, thanks for sharing your hard work. I wish I could have time to paint! Sad
Back to top Go down
http://www.DeathSquadsGame.com
JordD04

JordD04

PostSubject: Re: Greater Behemoth Tervigon squad and Genestealer squad   Greater Behemoth Tervigon squad and Genestealer squad I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 22, 2011 5:07 am

thanks for the complements and i might try some of your sugestions morheimer, btw deafnala the white thing in is hand is a decapitated ig head of a squad a made up on one of the original dawn of war games. I tried to get a better picture of the head but its hard to get a close one without the image bluring.

EDIT: sry i forgot to mention in my last post the green parts are like parts of their body which arnt protected, there jointsa so that the creature an move more freely but the basic idea is that there poisoned.

Last edited by Mordheimer on Sun Jan 23, 2011 2:52 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Mordheimer's Edit: Compiled Multiple Posts (please avoid!))
Back to top Go down
DoZer

DoZer

PostSubject: Re: Greater Behemoth Tervigon squad and Genestealer squad   Greater Behemoth Tervigon squad and Genestealer squad I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 22, 2011 8:24 am

Ahh yes, more followers of the Great Devourer. These look good! Again like others have suggested, a little wash of Badab Black can really make the model pop 3d like. Also you would be surprised at how a simple basing job can really make the models stand out. Elmer's glue, and some fine gravel, then paint the gravel black and paint it any color you like! A little green flock here and there to make it seem like a rural country side and presto you've got a flocked base.

You can find some really great deals for clock and the fine gravel at your local hobby store, or even at some arts and craft stores. I found some GREAT flock and basing material at my local train store, so that might be a place to check things out at.

How many points have you collected so far for your Nid army? You should ask Mord to show you his pocket genestealers. The damn things are so small that a small rock on the table would give them cover, and the worst part is they are 40k legal.......
Back to top Go down
JordD04

JordD04

PostSubject: Re: Greater Behemoth Tervigon squad and Genestealer squad   Greater Behemoth Tervigon squad and Genestealer squad I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 22, 2011 2:42 pm

thanks for all the sugestions, and my nid army has peaked somewhere around 4000 points in-cluding a malanthropre, a winged hive tyrant from forge-world, a barbed hierodule and a tyranid hierophant bio-titan.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Greater Behemoth Tervigon squad and Genestealer squad   Greater Behemoth Tervigon squad and Genestealer squad I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Greater Behemoth Tervigon squad and Genestealer squad
Page 1 of 1