Death Squads Game Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Official Community of the Fan-Made 40k Skirmish Wargame Death Squads!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Kroot Hannibal Fanclub

Go down 
+21
Colonel Prius
Inferny
IronSquid
Lord GreyWolf
Librarian
Arachas
moggd
Dysturbed
Kiwi
edward
The ISH
VonHagel
mudboy
DeafNala
dwi
Laney
cody20
Gatlag Stonetooth
Da Bank
Mordheimer
dr!zzt
25 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
dr!zzt

dr!zzt

Kroot Hannibal Fanclub Empty
PostSubject: Kroot Hannibal Fanclub   Kroot Hannibal Fanclub I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 10, 2010 3:35 am

just have to show ya :
Kroot Hannibal Fanclub Kroot3
a veteran, my sqad commander
Kroot Hannibal Fanclub Kroot11Kroot Hannibal Fanclub Kroot1
and this lazy guy.
Kroot Hannibal Fanclub Kroot2
Jumper
Those are my first kroot figures and I'm still working on the rest of the pack, so there will be more, maby not with this much modifications, but I don't like playind guys which are just "standard".

Last edited by dr!zzt on Sun Jan 10, 2010 4:15 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Kroot Hannibal Fanclub   Kroot Hannibal Fanclub I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 10, 2010 7:05 am

Nice conversions! I like the 'jumper' VERY much. Super action packed! HA! I just took a 2nd look to the 'lazy' guy... HA! Is he SITTING, eating and shooting? Hilarious! You get an internet for making me laugh! GREAT MODELS! The pain seems very well done too! Excellent use of inks and drybrushing... flawless!

My only recommendation is to base the models. It does not has to be complicated, but it will make observers focus on your wonderful work, rather than being distracted by the plain base. Other than that...

If you have a stable group and want to play-test Kroot... check out how to do so in this thread!
Back to top Go down
http://www.DeathSquadsGame.com
Da Bank

Da Bank

PostSubject: Re: Kroot Hannibal Fanclub   Kroot Hannibal Fanclub I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 17, 2010 9:09 pm

Nice work! I am jealous as I am playing Kroot and I wish my guys looked like yours.
Back to top Go down
Gatlag Stonetooth

Gatlag Stonetooth

PostSubject: Re: Kroot Hannibal Fanclub   Kroot Hannibal Fanclub I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2010 7:57 am

Indeed some nice looking models! I agree with you as I also can't play with standard models. I have to convert them, guess that;s one of the things that makes me such a slow armybuilder! Just Kidding
Back to top Go down
dr!zzt

dr!zzt

PostSubject: Re: Kroot Hannibal Fanclub   Kroot Hannibal Fanclub I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 17, 2010 8:02 pm

there's one positive thing when your mates don't have time for playing- a little free time you can spend with some lonely, unpainted models Very Happy and that's the effects:
2 "special care" badguys;
El Machete [that is the inspiration: original el machete and movie with him], but i just cannot paint him a moustache...;
Kroot Hannibal Fanclub DSCF4935
and sniper-like hunter;
Kroot Hannibal Fanclub DSCF4936
plus the whole pack;
Kroot Hannibal Fanclub DSCF4941

I also take Mordheimer (thanks very much) advise and try to base them. It's all Your fault.

and little bonus; imagine this pic with a Benny Hill main theme music Very Happy
Kroot Hannibal Fanclub DSCF4939
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Kroot Hannibal Fanclub   Kroot Hannibal Fanclub I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 17, 2010 9:37 pm

You NAILED them!!!! cheers

I always see the pictures first... get crazy ideas on my head (always jumping to conclusions Shocked ) then read the text. I saw the models and thought "Wow... how the hell he did the bases? Those plants are kindda cool!"... then I saw (and read) El Machete and started laughing, imagining a Kroot with a bunch of knives like Danny Trejo.... who played Navajas (Knives) in the movie Desperado.

Then I start reading and I was super surprised about your inspiration (El Machete!) and that you based the models to see how they came out! YEAH BABY!!! 100% win! At first glance all your models are PERFECT... to he point I don't wanna look at the pictures anymore, so I don't ruin its perfection (at least on my twisted mind!)

THANK YOU FOR SHARING! Your models are awesome!

dr!zzt wrote:
and little bonus; imagine this pic with a Benny Hill main theme music Very Happy

For those too young to remember... and to think that was considered riské. Just Kidding

Back to top Go down
dr!zzt

dr!zzt

PostSubject: Re: Kroot Hannibal Fanclub   Kroot Hannibal Fanclub I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 6:41 pm

you could laugh, but in making my bases most tiring part was cutting plastic plants from my brother's aqarium. The black&white sand or whetever it is was taken from the water filter... i have it enough for few armies Very Happy I just simply paint the base with polystyrene glue, throw it to box with... this powder. Haos rulez. after that I just glued the plastic chunks and volia!
the only touch o paint on the bases are their nicknames.
uchhhh... now the hardest part; fluff scratch
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Kroot Hannibal Fanclub   Kroot Hannibal Fanclub I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 6:52 pm

Those guys look awesome! Whenever you put your group together... let us know, if you want to play-test the Kroot!
Back to top Go down
Da Bank

Da Bank

PostSubject: Re: Kroot Hannibal Fanclub   Kroot Hannibal Fanclub I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2010 10:46 am

Nice work!
Back to top Go down
dr!zzt

dr!zzt

PostSubject: Re: Kroot Hannibal Fanclub   Kroot Hannibal Fanclub I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 18, 2010 2:59 pm

ok, i know i will burn in hell for this...

Kroot Hannibal Fanclub DSCF5253
Kroot Hannibal Fanclub DSCF5255

el machete hates me now...

argh! don't have time for painting... there lies the whole sqad of fire warriors, 2 kroot hound, krootox and small pack of SM scouts... and grows in dust...
Back to top Go down
cody20

cody20

PostSubject: Re: Kroot Hannibal Fanclub   Kroot Hannibal Fanclub I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 18, 2010 3:05 pm

I was going to ask you, Where did you get your scope for the sniper? That scope fit's kroot very well.
Back to top Go down
dr!zzt

dr!zzt

PostSubject: Re: Kroot Hannibal Fanclub   Kroot Hannibal Fanclub I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 18, 2010 3:36 pm

thats just that middle part of original kroot rifle with leather straps wrapped around , cutted off and little drilling from the front and rear... done.
Back to top Go down
Laney

Laney

PostSubject: Re: Kroot Hannibal Fanclub   Kroot Hannibal Fanclub I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 18, 2010 3:39 pm

Love it! Spot on with the 'tache! Wink

You've gotta find time for the paintwork - who needs sleep?

Cheers Laney
Back to top Go down
cody20

cody20

PostSubject: Re: Kroot Hannibal Fanclub   Kroot Hannibal Fanclub I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 18, 2010 3:43 pm

Nice idea! I might have to do that also.
Back to top Go down
Da Bank

Da Bank

PostSubject: Re: Kroot Hannibal Fanclub   Kroot Hannibal Fanclub I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 18, 2010 3:49 pm

Wow! Very impressed with your work!
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Kroot Hannibal Fanclub   Kroot Hannibal Fanclub I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 18, 2010 9:03 pm

MACHETE!!!
Kroot Hannibal Fanclub Machete

Kroot Hannibal Fanclub Machete-framegrabs

Great job man!
Back to top Go down
dwi

dwi

PostSubject: Re: Kroot Hannibal Fanclub   Kroot Hannibal Fanclub I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 19, 2010 11:23 am

SWEET! Well done!

I plan on getting some kroot and useing any left over bits on my A Team (I pity that fool! Haha! on of the best shows on tv) inspired mercs as I think that would be cool.

Can we see more soon?

Aquila dwi Aquila
Back to top Go down
dr!zzt

dr!zzt

PostSubject: Re: Kroot Hannibal Fanclub   Kroot Hannibal Fanclub I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 19, 2010 3:20 pm

for now i can only put here pics of single models from sqad (i posted only modified ones)... i only have one kroot team! now i'm working on kroot hounds and krootox... but metal models are hard to convert... when power of mind is not enough it's time to use lethal force Smile
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Kroot Hannibal Fanclub   Kroot Hannibal Fanclub I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 19, 2010 8:08 pm

We do NOT use a Krootox... we have an original creation! It is called a Pentax... I think you will like. Go ahead and form your group, post your battle report with pics... then we could send you the information so you can Beta-Test the Kroot!
Back to top Go down
dr!zzt

dr!zzt

PostSubject: Re: Kroot Hannibal Fanclub   Kroot Hannibal Fanclub I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 31, 2010 1:49 am

well... here comes Itchy and Scratchy (hint), you probably can guess their fluff Very Happy
Kroot Hannibal Fanclub DSCF5335Kroot Hannibal Fanclub DSCF5336

I also finished Chris 'the smart one' with his Big Sis
Kroot Hannibal Fanclub DSCF5333Kroot Hannibal Fanclub DSCF5334

and i just have to say that- I HATE MATAL MODELS! few places i grind, i fill with gs, grind again and again and they still look like shit...
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Kroot Hannibal Fanclub   Kroot Hannibal Fanclub I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 31, 2010 6:20 am

Nice units. The quills look very cool... FIRE! Hehehehe Itchy and Scratchy! Just Kidding

Thanks for sharing man!
Back to top Go down
DeafNala

DeafNala

PostSubject: Re: Kroot Hannibal Fanclub   Kroot Hannibal Fanclub I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 22, 2010 8:54 am

CHICKENS from HELL...RUNNNN! A touch of humor goes a long way...VERY WELL DONE! What a Face
Back to top Go down
Da Bank

Da Bank

PostSubject: Re: Kroot Hannibal Fanclub   Kroot Hannibal Fanclub I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 22, 2010 9:03 am

Exactly, nice painting and love the humor. I have tried to make fun of my own squad with names and etc.
Back to top Go down
dr!zzt

dr!zzt

PostSubject: Re: Kroot Hannibal Fanclub   Kroot Hannibal Fanclub I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 22, 2010 8:39 pm

Do you remember this guy?

Kroot Hannibal Fanclub DSCF4941-1

No? Well, shaper send him for special trining, giving him a chance to become a world class shaman (brochure says something like that)... but noone told him how painfull itll be...

Kroot Hannibal Fanclub DSCF5386

I'm trying to change simple kroot into shaman, only dice gods know how it'll ends...

and i'm collecting bitz for phantax Very Happy many bitz Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Da Bank

Da Bank

PostSubject: Re: Kroot Hannibal Fanclub   Kroot Hannibal Fanclub I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 22, 2010 8:55 pm

Awesome and great pics. Once I get back home I can start taking pictures again.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kroot Hannibal Fanclub   Kroot Hannibal Fanclub I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kroot Hannibal Fanclub
Page 1 of 9Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next