Death Squads Game Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Official Community of the Fan-Made 40k Skirmish Wargame Death Squads!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

How does the Imperium work with this guy?

Go down 
+8
Lydor
Laney
Mordheimer
DoomOnYou72
Gatlag Stonetooth
Colonel Prius
edward
Long_John_Silver
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Long_John_Silver

Long_John_Silver

How does the Imperium work with this guy? Empty
PostSubject: How does the Imperium work with this guy?   How does the Imperium work with this guy? I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 20, 2011 2:13 pm

I just checked out the GW website and noticed this guy in the Grey Knights section. I don't know how the xenophobic Imperium of Man deals with him, but I think the model is pretty neat.

How does the Imperium work with this guy? M1720127a_99060107066_Jokaero_873x627
Back to top Go down
edward

edward

PostSubject: Re: How does the Imperium work with this guy?   How does the Imperium work with this guy? I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 20, 2011 2:42 pm

everybody loves space monkeys, exspeacially those packing heat
Back to top Go down
Colonel Prius

Colonel Prius

PostSubject: Re: How does the Imperium work with this guy?   How does the Imperium work with this guy? I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 20, 2011 3:22 pm

wtf, that is lame and unfluffy....Ordo Xenos would be all over that...
Back to top Go down
http://www.ussaeon.co.cc
Long_John_Silver

Long_John_Silver

PostSubject: Re: How does the Imperium work with this guy?   How does the Imperium work with this guy? I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 20, 2011 3:29 pm

I agree, not very fluffy. If they want to make some of the other races they should not try to shoehorn them into existing armies.
Back to top Go down
Gatlag Stonetooth

Gatlag Stonetooth

PostSubject: Re: How does the Imperium work with this guy?   How does the Imperium work with this guy? I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 20, 2011 3:59 pm

DanG! Shocked
I never saw this guy before! Now I´m thinking how I could use him...
Back to top Go down
DoomOnYou72

DoomOnYou72

PostSubject: Re: How does the Imperium work with this guy?   How does the Imperium work with this guy? I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 20, 2011 4:22 pm

The Jokaro are all the way back from the Old Rogue Trader days. In the fluff they are the ones that build all those digital weapons that everyone wants to get their hands on so badly. Fluffwise they are found in the sevice of Rogue Traders, Inquisitors (In the new book they are a henchman choice for the Ordo Xeno one), Renegades, and other less than savory high roller types.
Back to top Go down
http://doomiesden.blogspot.com/
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: How does the Imperium work with this guy?   How does the Imperium work with this guy? I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 20, 2011 4:43 pm

BY THE EMPEROR!!!

Every Codex takes me FARTHER away from playing 40k. I just feel like crying... they butchered the fluff!

How does the Imperium work with this guy? Crying01-29-08

Read them and weep...

Rogue Trader [1987], page 196-197 wrote:
Jokaero
The Jokaero are a fascinating race. For one thing, no outsider has ever decided whether they are intelligent. They are certainly capable of tremendous feats of engineering, construction and problem solving, yet they have no language, culture, or motivation higher than survival. Their physical appearance is of a heavy, orange-furred ape, similar to the orang-utang which roamed ancient Earth. This may or may not be coincidence, for it is an established fact that the Slann created and modified many races at the dawn of time, and appear to have visited the Earth on numerous occasions. The most amazing thing about the Jokaero is their technical brilliance - they appear to have an innate, genetically structured understanding of technology. Given sufficient pieces of battered machinery, a group of Jokaero can make almost anything, from a spaceship to a las-cannon. Their comprehension of astro-physics is baffling; they seem able to tap power-currents which flow imperceptibly through the galaxy.

Their understanding of such matters goes far beyond that of even the most advanced of other known races, with the possible exception of the Great Mages of the Slann. Jokaero spacecrafts are a case in point. A Jokaero spacecraft looks like no other form of space transport, consisting entirely of an open framed lattice structure, forming a unique polyhedral shape.

This structure draws energy from galactic power-currents simply by virtue of its shape, in a similar way to which weapons channel psychic energy by virtue of their spiral patterns. Jokaero spacecraft move, manoeuvre, and transcend warp-space by means of making physical changes t the ship's shape, thereby altering the craft's relationship to the universal powers it employs and modifying its place in the natural galactic order.

Jokaero live in large family groups, roaming the galaxy at random, concentrating on survival. They frequently land on inhabited worlds, usually to scavenge for oddments or specific components they require. If necessary they will band together and attack other creatures in order to gain what they need. Because of their extraordinary talents, they use weapons and equipment and tactics in a similar way to intelligent creatures, and are capable of mounting coordinated and complex attacks. Usually they will single out a lone station, a farmstead or a distant mining ship as their target, attacking, looting and making good their escape before they attract retaliatory action. It is impossible to argue or even reason with a Jokaero. Even giving them what they want is difficult, since they are incapable of communicating.

If the Jokaero could be controlled they would be very useful to other races. However, this has proved largely impossible. They tend to build things which meet their own immediate needs. Attempts at capturing Jokaero and compelling them to work can have disastrous effects - they build things with which to escape.

OK... so how does the mighty Grey Knights (Grey Knights) have managed to captured this Xenos in so many numbers that they can actually join their armies and become field agents? Ohhh... is fluffy? BULLSHIT! The fluff also indicates that they live in small FAMILY groups of about dozen individuals, and they ROAM RANDOMLY the galaxy in their weird polyhydron ships that are capable of moving large distances WITHOUT entering The Warp. To do what? Build shit. They land on places, scavenge stuff and build stuff. They get bored and move on.

The next thing someone will tell me is that the Grey Knights can have a Techmarine. (Yes, I know they butchered THAT too!) Ohhh... I think I just became a little upset...

How does the Imperium work with this guy? Angry+baby
Back to top Go down
http://www.DeathSquadsGame.com
Laney

Laney

PostSubject: Re: How does the Imperium work with this guy?   How does the Imperium work with this guy? I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 20, 2011 5:44 pm

I love the model and the idea - and it's a great fluffy take on a long deceased concept. If we take the old rogue trader book as canon, then we'd be up to our necks in space clams, zoats and ambulls! (for what it's worth zoats and ambulls are cool! too). Note that the description of the Jokaero also mentions the Slann - space frogs here we come!

I'd be more inclined to get upset about the Nemesis Dreadnought Uberknight Bloke with a Huge Hammer to smash Daemon Princes with... model. It looks like an Aliens powerlifter merged with Robotech and makes Dreadnoughts look silly and dumpy (as if they didn't already!). Grey Knights kill daemon princes anyway (albeit in a gritty - lose all their comrades way).

I will be buying the codex though and numerous set of grey knight plastics to merge shamelessly with death company and sanguinary guard models. And the grey knights terminator plastics are just calling out for me to have another go at the Emperor of Mankind (pre-heresy of course!).

The Jokaero is due to be on my list as a recruit for the Rogue Trader Lucifer Kidd and Crew.

Laney Very Happy

EDIT: Just be thankful that it is a model with a sense of humour (not grimdark) and no skulls attached to it! (definitely not grimdark)
Back to top Go down
DoomOnYou72

DoomOnYou72

PostSubject: Re: How does the Imperium work with this guy?   How does the Imperium work with this guy? I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 20, 2011 6:15 pm

Mord the Grey Knights dont get the Jokaero. It can only be taken by an Ordo Xeno Inquisitor as a henchman...yes with the new Codex it is possible to build an all Inquisitor army with Henchmen. Im with Laney on the Dreadknight ( I already have one but I think Ill turn it into some Adeptus Mechanicus warmachine for a scenario or random encounter.

Im going to get one becuase hell its another Xeno to add to my warbands Very Happy and anything Rogue Trader brings alittle nostalgic joy to my shriveled black heart LOL
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: How does the Imperium work with this guy?   How does the Imperium work with this guy? I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 20, 2011 6:58 pm

I agree with both... this guys are NOT the worse of the Codex... but bringing them in 40k is an insult to the Rogue Trader (which worked more like Death Squads and warbands). And ye, the Ubberknight model is cool... but not 40k-ish.
Back to top Go down
Lydor

Lydor

PostSubject: Re: How does the Imperium work with this guy?   How does the Imperium work with this guy? I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 20, 2011 7:33 pm

Im making an Inquisition army, so ill be getting the codex, but i doubt greatly that ill get one of the dreadknights. deepstriking crusader/redeemers is broken enough for me.

i swear, if GW keep making the new lists more and more powerful compared to the others, ill explode.
it seems liek everyone has become "elite of the elite"
Back to top Go down
Da Bank

Da Bank

PostSubject: Re: How does the Imperium work with this guy?   How does the Imperium work with this guy? I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 20, 2011 8:19 pm

LOL, now fully understand how AT-43 had space apes. It all makes sense now. Puke

They are nice models but Ordos xenos would have them all killed or torture or both.
Back to top Go down
Da Bank

Da Bank

PostSubject: Re: How does the Imperium work with this guy?   How does the Imperium work with this guy? I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 20, 2011 8:21 pm

His fingers are like ET.
Back to top Go down
edward

edward

PostSubject: Re: How does the Imperium work with this guy?   How does the Imperium work with this guy? I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 20, 2011 11:37 pm

dreadknights look like giant gundam space marines made of cheese
Back to top Go down
ClausLars

PostSubject: Re: How does the Imperium work with this guy?   How does the Imperium work with this guy? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2011 12:35 am

Laney wrote:
It looks like an Aliens powerlifter merged with Robotech and makes Dreadnoughts look silly and dumpy (as if they didn't already!)

Aliens powerlifter was my exact thought when I saw that model, I'm really not a fan of it. Ppersonally I like Dreadnought models though.
Back to top Go down
Laney

Laney

PostSubject: Re: How does the Imperium work with this guy?   How does the Imperium work with this guy? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2011 2:28 am

Inquisitors all the way for me. Grey Knights for parts (I already have half an army of these guys in metal unpainted). Maybe an Ordo Xenos based army would be cool. Ravenor was Ordo Xenos wasn't he? And he consorted with Eldar of all things! (So a techno-savant space monkey isn't too big a stretch!

Laney Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Arachas

Arachas

PostSubject: Re: How does the Imperium work with this guy?   How does the Imperium work with this guy? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2011 5:41 am

Guys... it's a XENOS.

Inquisitor + Xenos scum = DEATH.

Including this model in THE inquisitorial codex is NUTS. Especially an Ordo Xenos Inquisitor should be capping this ape's ass.

Silly, silly GW.
Back to top Go down
Gatlag Stonetooth

Gatlag Stonetooth

PostSubject: Re: How does the Imperium work with this guy?   How does the Imperium work with this guy? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2011 6:57 am

Laney wrote:
Inquisitors all the way for me. Grey Knights for parts (I already have half an army of these guys in metal unpainted).
Haha there are a bunch of metal Grey Knights terminators in my infamous metal bitz drawer as well! I was planning to convert them as Chaos Termies some time ago, another unfinished project... Sad
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: How does the Imperium work with this guy?   How does the Imperium work with this guy? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2011 10:31 am

THIS is what I want to do with the new Grey Knight Nemesis Dreadknight...

How does the Imperium work with this guy? Looteddk

Back to top Go down
Da Bank

Da Bank

PostSubject: Re: How does the Imperium work with this guy?   How does the Imperium work with this guy? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2011 11:14 am

Wow! That ork thing is great.
Back to top Go down
Chuchosky

Chuchosky

PostSubject: Re: How does the Imperium work with this guy?   How does the Imperium work with this guy? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2011 12:50 pm

Can i use it as trash kan?? LOL
Back to top Go down
Laney

Laney

PostSubject: Re: How does the Imperium work with this guy?   How does the Imperium work with this guy? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2011 3:48 pm

Very cool orkyness!

@ Arachas: Don't be such a puritan! The xenos are a means to an end and once all the big threats are gone the space monkeys will get theirs! Just Kidding

Jokaero are top notch! Well done GW! (Even if I am a loan voice!)

Laney Very Happy
Back to top Go down
DoomOnYou72

DoomOnYou72

PostSubject: Re: How does the Imperium work with this guy?   How does the Imperium work with this guy? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2011 4:46 pm

Laney wrote:
Very cool orkyness!

:@:Arachas: Don't be such a puritan! The xenos are a means to an end and once all the big threats are gone the space monkeys will get theirs! Just Kidding

Jokaero are top notch! Well done GW! (Even if I am a loan voice!)

Laney Very Happy

What he said Very Happy and theres plenty in the fluff to support that idea. Ravenor, Draco, Czererak (sp?), the Inquisitor from Killteam, cains Girlfriend with the Tau...hell in one of the old stories even the Ghosts worked with the Eldar against Chaos. Thats not counting all the little pieces of fluff in the rulebooks, codexes, and White Dwarf (back when it was something besides an add you paid for). Its all shades of grey and matters of priority.
Back to top Go down
Gatlag Stonetooth

Gatlag Stonetooth

PostSubject: Re: How does the Imperium work with this guy?   How does the Imperium work with this guy? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2011 6:08 pm

Da Bank wrote:
Wow! That ork thing is great.
Indeed! That would make a great conversion! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Arachas

Arachas

PostSubject: Re: How does the Imperium work with this guy?   How does the Imperium work with this guy? I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2011 7:50 am

So? I'm a puritan!

DESTROY THE XENOS!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How does the Imperium work with this guy?   How does the Imperium work with this guy? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How does the Imperium work with this guy?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next