Death Squads Game Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Official Community of the Fan-Made 40k Skirmish Wargame Death Squads!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Paint for the Paint God: APRIL Entries

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Narcissus

Narcissus

Paint for the Paint God: APRIL Entries Empty
PostSubject: Paint for the Paint God: APRIL Entries   Paint for the Paint God: APRIL Entries I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 15, 2011 1:11 pm

It is the middle of April, so I thought I would get the thread started for April entries. Feel free to post an update of the work you are doing this month and then completed monthly goals at the end of the month. We had a pretty big fall off in numbers last month. Hopefully we get more members posting again.

So, post up works in progress or completed monthly goals. Remember to comment on everyones work and fill out some of what you did this month.

Goal for the month:
Pictures of completed models
Explanation of some of the work done/techniques used
Highs of the month: (what went right)
Lows of the month:
Goal for next month:

Zaijian!
Back to top Go down
http://rustandthecity.blogspot.com/
Laney

Laney

PostSubject: Re: Paint for the Paint God: APRIL Entries   Paint for the Paint God: APRIL Entries I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 15, 2011 5:11 pm

Goal for the Month: 1 tau stealthsuit, 1 tau battlesuit with digital camo, 1 foot square scenery piece for a modular board (all painted) + any extra bits and bobs I have to churn through the backlog of stuff (starting on lugft huron would be nice)

Stealthsuit completed: pics on a separate thread and the scenery piece has been started. I have a week off this week so I might get a little more done. Hope to get the battlesuit finished (in a tron-like digital camo - but less glowing than the stealthsuit) and the scenery piece (some sort of mini promethium refinery made out of pipes, a powdered milk can and a plastic biscuit carton). I've been hording scenery items for months now so I should be able to get going.

Techniques so far: the stealth suit was done with a really basic osl/tron effect and the rest was rusted. I've posted the recipes for those on the tau stealthsuit thread.

Quite pleased with the outcome of the suit (1st tau ever!)

Lows: Never enough time to finish a project before new shiny stuff tempts me away (this time its grey knights, orks and scenery - terragenesis is just a superb site for ideas).

Goals for next month: More scenery, more painting (same kinds of stuff) and to avoid the GW shop and any hobby/craft shops, so I don't spend money on random scenery things (I have four big boxes of random scenery materials already).

Cheers Laney Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Laney

Laney

PostSubject: Re: Paint for the Paint God: APRIL Entries   Paint for the Paint God: APRIL Entries I_icon_minitimeSun May 08, 2011 3:34 am

Anybody else get any painting or modelling done last month?

Laney Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Narcissus

Narcissus

PostSubject: Re: Paint for the Paint God: APRIL Entries   Paint for the Paint God: APRIL Entries I_icon_minitimeSun May 08, 2011 9:57 am

I have some orks nearly finished. Like every month, this one seemed to get a bit too busy. I'll try and get some pictures up tomorrow or the day after.

Anyone else? Post up WIPs, anything. Lets keep the momentum going...
Back to top Go down
http://rustandthecity.blogspot.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Paint for the Paint God: APRIL Entries   Paint for the Paint God: APRIL Entries I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Paint for the Paint God: APRIL Entries
Page 1 of 1