Death Squads Game Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Official Community of the Fan-Made 40k Skirmish Wargame Death Squads!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

40k Armies on Parade (Hopefully) Army Legion of Rust (Nurgle)

Go down 
+8
cody20
Gatlag Stonetooth
dumdeedum
Arachas
Mordheimer
Colonel Prius
mudboy
Laney
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Laney

Laney

40k Armies on Parade (Hopefully) Army Legion of Rust (Nurgle) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 40k Armies on Parade (Hopefully) Army Legion of Rust (Nurgle)   40k Armies on Parade (Hopefully) Army Legion of Rust (Nurgle) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2011 5:03 pm

@Arachas: This is my fifth thunderbolt - unfortunately they are slightly smaller than the real thing (I gave three away as a present). They are very easy to put together (in a basic form) to play. I've actually built this one for the scenery competition - so it was built to be broken! Very Happy . Anyway half the fun is doing something a little different!

@Dumdeedum: Hopefully it will split into three parts or be put together into one piece dependent upon how I want it to work (at least that's the plan - it has to be no more than 400cm2 (for the comp)

@Gatlag: I've built a chaos sorcerer of nurgle who will get posted tomorrow - but no further updates at the minute - sorry.

Cheers Laney Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: 40k Armies on Parade (Hopefully) Army Legion of Rust (Nurgle)   40k Armies on Parade (Hopefully) Army Legion of Rust (Nurgle) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 21, 2011 4:46 pm

This is insane! You top yourself every time! Great work!
Back to top Go down
http://www.DeathSquadsGame.com
Laney

Laney

PostSubject: Re: 40k Armies on Parade (Hopefully) Army Legion of Rust (Nurgle)   40k Armies on Parade (Hopefully) Army Legion of Rust (Nurgle) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 21, 2011 6:04 pm

More stuff coming in the next couple of days, but here is a couple of models I've been working on...

A Nurgle Chaos Sorcerer in Termie Armour - the head is from a heresy miniature (they sell separate cyclops heads and demons that look suspiciously like plague bearers) - the body and legs are a grey knight terminator

40k Armies on Parade (Hopefully) Army Legion of Rust (Nurgle) - Page 2 Img_8038
40k Armies on Parade (Hopefully) Army Legion of Rust (Nurgle) - Page 2 Img_8039

Looking at the pics the skulls on the left arm look weird - I will change this before painting.

and... His main protagonist Grand Master of the Emperor's Shadow (Black Knights created by JordD04 - this is intended as a thank you - but don't tell him that! Suspect) He's a basic grey knight paladin with a space wolf guard head and a couple of extra chains - he will be painted a 'dark' black (a black with very dark blue highlights rather than the usual dusty grey - I was considering using gloss varnish on his armour or trying to paint an extreme shine on freehand - what do you think?

40k Armies on Parade (Hopefully) Army Legion of Rust (Nurgle) - Page 2 Img_8040

Cheers Laney Very Happy

Thanks Mord - glad you're back - hope the move went ok?
Back to top Go down
Gatlag Stonetooth

Gatlag Stonetooth

PostSubject: Re: 40k Armies on Parade (Hopefully) Army Legion of Rust (Nurgle)   40k Armies on Parade (Hopefully) Army Legion of Rust (Nurgle) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2011 10:28 am

Looking very good! That Grand Master is awesome!
What's that small thing next to that space marine helmet on his base?
Back to top Go down
Laney

Laney

PostSubject: Re: 40k Armies on Parade (Hopefully) Army Legion of Rust (Nurgle)   40k Armies on Parade (Hopefully) Army Legion of Rust (Nurgle) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 23, 2011 1:18 am

I think what you've spotted is a caved-in skull - it used to have a krak grenade in it for a booby trap, but I thought it might make a nice base for this guy.

Ta Laney Very Happy

Last edited by Laney on Thu Jun 23, 2011 3:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Gatlag Stonetooth

Gatlag Stonetooth

PostSubject: Re: 40k Armies on Parade (Hopefully) Army Legion of Rust (Nurgle)   40k Armies on Parade (Hopefully) Army Legion of Rust (Nurgle) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 23, 2011 9:11 am

Laney wrote:
I think what you've spotted is a caved-in skull - it used to have a krak grenade in it for a booby trap, but I though it might make a nice base for this guy.

Ta Laney Very Happy
Haha ok. Very Happy
It's indeed a nice base!
Back to top Go down
Laney

Laney

PostSubject: Re: 40k Armies on Parade (Hopefully) Army Legion of Rust (Nurgle)   40k Armies on Parade (Hopefully) Army Legion of Rust (Nurgle) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 02, 2011 1:31 am

Paint Test Model for the Legion of Rust - Regular CSM will get less rust and more colour (the more rust they have, the more experienced they are!).
40k Armies on Parade (Hopefully) Army Legion of Rust (Nurgle) - Page 2 Img_8118
40k Armies on Parade (Hopefully) Army Legion of Rust (Nurgle) - Page 2 Img_8119
40k Armies on Parade (Hopefully) Army Legion of Rust (Nurgle) - Page 2 Img_8120
40k Armies on Parade (Hopefully) Army Legion of Rust (Nurgle) - Page 2 Img_8121
40k Armies on Parade (Hopefully) Army Legion of Rust (Nurgle) - Page 2 Img_8122

Any thoughts?
1st squad will be finished by the end of next week all being well!

Laney Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: 40k Armies on Parade (Hopefully) Army Legion of Rust (Nurgle)   40k Armies on Parade (Hopefully) Army Legion of Rust (Nurgle) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 02, 2011 11:01 am

Divine... WAIT... wrong word.... errr... DIABOLIC!

The rust effect is VERY cool. The palette of colors is really nice. It is weird, but the focus STILL is the head! I think is the hose... with the orange/rust it diverts me towards the head, and having no pupils makes you evil right away! I try to see other things, and I end up looking at the face! SUPERB! The blood on the claw are a nice detail... not too much that it messes with the illusion, but enough to give another thing to look. BRAVO!

When you paint the next batch... could we bother you for a tutorial? Great stuff!
Back to top Go down
tendi

PostSubject: Re: 40k Armies on Parade (Hopefully) Army Legion of Rust (Nurgle)   40k Armies on Parade (Hopefully) Army Legion of Rust (Nurgle) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 04, 2011 4:20 pm

Thumbs Up

Painting is superb but do something with this pig nose at the punishing end of storm bolter.... cut it and give it a true barrel.... all my new GKs sbolter are still hidden in the box waiting cuting retribution or melting flames....

Plus this half visible barrel under plasma pistol looks wrong.
Back to top Go down
Laney

Laney

PostSubject: Re: 40k Armies on Parade (Hopefully) Army Legion of Rust (Nurgle)   40k Armies on Parade (Hopefully) Army Legion of Rust (Nurgle) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 04, 2011 4:35 pm

Good call tendi (I was kind of hoping no-one would notice! Just Kidding) - once the others are painted, I'll go back and fix it!

Laney Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Dysturbed

Dysturbed

PostSubject: Re: 40k Armies on Parade (Hopefully) Army Legion of Rust (Nurgle)   40k Armies on Parade (Hopefully) Army Legion of Rust (Nurgle) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 04, 2011 4:55 pm

Translucent green slime coming out of the curuption on his back would be cool.
The green will make the model pop a bit more as it it's monochromatic which is nice but not as gross as you would expect from nurgle.

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_info.php/cPath/201_1618_1619/products_id/27797/n/Tamiya-X25-Clear-Green-Acrylic-Paint-Mini-1-3oz?utm_source=Google-Base&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=Product-Feeds&source=google_ext
add a little black ink and some sugar to this and you will have some nasty looking stuff.
Back to top Go down
Laney

Laney

PostSubject: Re: 40k Armies on Parade (Hopefully) Army Legion of Rust (Nurgle)   40k Armies on Parade (Hopefully) Army Legion of Rust (Nurgle) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 04, 2011 6:01 pm

That looks very cool - if I was going for a regular nurgle - but the self imposed rule is no green (the rotting flesh on the base is as far as I'm allowed). Perhaps a purple or ogryn flesh wash would work? These guys have been fighting in this armour for 10,000 years so wear and tear is what i'm after.

Here's some work WIP pics of the Legion - Only the armour is finished...
40k Armies on Parade (Hopefully) Army Legion of Rust (Nurgle) - Page 2 Img_8123
40k Armies on Parade (Hopefully) Army Legion of Rust (Nurgle) - Page 2 Img_8124
40k Armies on Parade (Hopefully) Army Legion of Rust (Nurgle) - Page 2 Img_8125
40k Armies on Parade (Hopefully) Army Legion of Rust (Nurgle) - Page 2 Img_8126

Cheers Laney
Back to top Go down
Dysturbed

Dysturbed

PostSubject: Re: 40k Armies on Parade (Hopefully) Army Legion of Rust (Nurgle)   40k Armies on Parade (Hopefully) Army Legion of Rust (Nurgle) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 04, 2011 8:27 pm

I'm sure tamiya makes a purple:)
Back to top Go down
Gatlag Stonetooth

Gatlag Stonetooth

PostSubject: Re: 40k Armies on Parade (Hopefully) Army Legion of Rust (Nurgle)   40k Armies on Parade (Hopefully) Army Legion of Rust (Nurgle) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2011 9:34 am

Looking sweet as always!
@Dysturbed: I haven't seen a Tamiya Clear Purple yet. Do you have a link? I always could use an extra Clear. Smile
Back to top Go down
mudboy

mudboy

PostSubject: Re: 40k Armies on Parade (Hopefully) Army Legion of Rust (Nurgle)   40k Armies on Parade (Hopefully) Army Legion of Rust (Nurgle) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2011 11:36 am

To be honest I think they have too much rust.

The paintjob is cool but I find them lacking that little extra thing that would make them pop. Can't put my finger on anything specifik though.

Mordheimer is right about the first gut with the bare head but the rest om them seem plain as they don't have anything to draw your eyes in. Am I making sence? Smile
Back to top Go down
Laney

Laney

PostSubject: Re: 40k Armies on Parade (Hopefully) Army Legion of Rust (Nurgle)   40k Armies on Parade (Hopefully) Army Legion of Rust (Nurgle) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2011 1:34 pm

Mudboy: You're absolutely right - they aren't finished yet - the pipework will be orange and the 'fleshy' bits will be done in the same way as the CSM champion (dheneb stone with an ogryn flesh/purple wash).

Dysturbed: I know a shop that does the tamiya clear range - but I've never bought any - worth the effort?

I'll post some final pics sometime this week!

Cheers Laney Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Gatlag Stonetooth

Gatlag Stonetooth

PostSubject: Re: 40k Armies on Parade (Hopefully) Army Legion of Rust (Nurgle)   40k Armies on Parade (Hopefully) Army Legion of Rust (Nurgle) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2011 4:44 pm

Laney wrote:
Dysturbed: I know a shop that does the tamiya clear range - but I've never bought any - worth the effort?
I like the Clear range! The Orange is good for rusty like effects, I also used it on my Chaos Marines. And the Red I use for blood effects. Tamiya Smoke is also very nice! Good for "oily" parts like pistons etc. It's really worth a try imho. Smile
Back to top Go down
dumdeedum

dumdeedum

PostSubject: Re: 40k Armies on Parade (Hopefully) Army Legion of Rust (Nurgle)   40k Armies on Parade (Hopefully) Army Legion of Rust (Nurgle) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 3:42 pm

I like them, though I was wondering what kind of paint scheme you'd have for the less experienced marines as you said the regular guys would have less rust and more colour, so what is their pre-rust livery? The only non rust colour I can really make out is a silver-ish colour so maybe just bare metal beneath the rust? Paint has scraped off but rust hasn't set in yet?

Besides that, nice models Smile i like the whole nurgle but not pus and bile asall nurgle seems to be.
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: 40k Armies on Parade (Hopefully) Army Legion of Rust (Nurgle)   40k Armies on Parade (Hopefully) Army Legion of Rust (Nurgle) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 6:23 pm

dumdeedum has a point... how about a 'newly' converted Marine (pristine paint job) and a 'rookie' Chaos Marine (some rust and corruption) to see the progression. It may help you materialize your vision.
Back to top Go down
Laney

Laney

PostSubject: Re: 40k Armies on Parade (Hopefully) Army Legion of Rust (Nurgle)   40k Armies on Parade (Hopefully) Army Legion of Rust (Nurgle) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2011 5:36 pm

The colour I was going to go for was a grey blue. The idea of newly corrupted members of the legion is cool though - a 'new' squad of partly rusted codex marines could be cool.

Here's some update pics...
Vindicator... (not the colour it will end up as...)
40k Armies on Parade (Hopefully) Army Legion of Rust (Nurgle) - Page 2 Img_8133
40k Armies on Parade (Hopefully) Army Legion of Rust (Nurgle) - Page 2 Img_8131

The 'flylord' (needs some work!)
40k Armies on Parade (Hopefully) Army Legion of Rust (Nurgle) - Page 2 Img_8213
40k Armies on Parade (Hopefully) Army Legion of Rust (Nurgle) - Page 2 Img_8214

Some greenstuffed plague marines (ready for paint soon!)
40k Armies on Parade (Hopefully) Army Legion of Rust (Nurgle) - Page 2 Img_8215
40k Armies on Parade (Hopefully) Army Legion of Rust (Nurgle) - Page 2 Img_8216
40k Armies on Parade (Hopefully) Army Legion of Rust (Nurgle) - Page 2 Img_8217

Finished Terminators (bases need finishing)
40k Armies on Parade (Hopefully) Army Legion of Rust (Nurgle) - Page 2 Img_8127
40k Armies on Parade (Hopefully) Army Legion of Rust (Nurgle) - Page 2 Img_8128
40k Armies on Parade (Hopefully) Army Legion of Rust (Nurgle) - Page 2 Img_8129
40k Armies on Parade (Hopefully) Army Legion of Rust (Nurgle) - Page 2 Img_8130
40k Armies on Parade (Hopefully) Army Legion of Rust (Nurgle) - Page 2 Img_8210

Cheers Laney Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: 40k Armies on Parade (Hopefully) Army Legion of Rust (Nurgle)   40k Armies on Parade (Hopefully) Army Legion of Rust (Nurgle) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2011 8:30 pm

I like the 'base' color... to me it seems like dark metal that has gone to the dogs rust! Great work... and the GS is VERY good!
Back to top Go down
Gatlag Stonetooth

Gatlag Stonetooth

PostSubject: Re: 40k Armies on Parade (Hopefully) Army Legion of Rust (Nurgle)   40k Armies on Parade (Hopefully) Army Legion of Rust (Nurgle) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 20, 2011 3:17 am

Nice update! love that vindicator!
Laney wrote:

Some greenstuffed plague marines (ready for paint soon!)
40k Armies on Parade (Hopefully) Army Legion of Rust (Nurgle) - Page 2 Img_8217
I like the helmet from the guy on the right, where it's from?
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: 40k Armies on Parade (Hopefully) Army Legion of Rust (Nurgle)   40k Armies on Parade (Hopefully) Army Legion of Rust (Nurgle) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 20, 2011 6:44 am

Laney does the best kit bashing.
Back to top Go down
dumdeedum

dumdeedum

PostSubject: Re: 40k Armies on Parade (Hopefully) Army Legion of Rust (Nurgle)   40k Armies on Parade (Hopefully) Army Legion of Rust (Nurgle) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 20, 2011 12:53 pm

Wow, all of that looks incredible, it would be nice to have those awesome GS skills.

Looking forwards to the finished article for all of those
Back to top Go down
Laney

Laney

PostSubject: Re: 40k Armies on Parade (Hopefully) Army Legion of Rust (Nurgle)   40k Armies on Parade (Hopefully) Army Legion of Rust (Nurgle) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 20, 2011 2:17 pm

Thanks Guys (as always!)

The helmet is from the chaos knights kit, with the horns chopped off and rounded.

Cheers Laney Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 40k Armies on Parade (Hopefully) Army Legion of Rust (Nurgle)   40k Armies on Parade (Hopefully) Army Legion of Rust (Nurgle) - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

40k Armies on Parade (Hopefully) Army Legion of Rust (Nurgle)
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next