Death Squads Game Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Official Community of the Fan-Made 40k Skirmish Wargame Death Squads!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The outskirts of Novac

Go down 
+2
Colonel Prius
Komfritten
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Komfritten

Komfritten

The outskirts of Novac Empty
PostSubject: The outskirts of Novac   The outskirts of Novac I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 24, 2011 5:16 pm

First battle, on the growing board. The CSM proxy as Renegate Imp. Guard, and the orcs are just orcs. In my enthusiasm to get to kill som humie scum, I forgot to take pictures, so I'll only be able to post the early rounds of the fight. But there is something to get the feel of the start in the dusty outskirts of Novac.

|SCENE|

It was an ealy morning, just outside Novac, on the Road 88 from Rust Valley. The morning dust had just settled, and noone - at least not the inhabitants of the town Novac - knew what was about to happen.

The outskirts of Novac _DSC0023copy

Rumor had that the old gas station, with the impressive name "mperial Gas" had actually fuel to spare. Graskull Brokentoof, had had some "entelligense" from a "prisnor' he 'int... interr... askd sum kuestions". He ordered his Sneaky boyz to "get der', an' be quiet aboud' id!"

Himself and some of the boyz where to attract attention from anyone occupying the general area - be it foe or ... foe... The plan was as follows: "Get in 'dere an' make noise! Grab gaz and kill 'dem, or kill 'dem an' grab gaz!" As said... he moved in from the west side of the station, screaming at the top of his lungs - unaware that some fallen Imperial Guards had taken refugee in the area - licking their wounds from a battle with their former contigent. It is safe to say, that the commander of the small group of deserters, where surprised to be in the middle of what seemed to be a horde of orks, squabbling amongst themselves and fighting every coyote or road-sign they met.

The outskirts of Novac _DSC0030copy

The deserters grabbed whatever weapon they could find, and rushed out to meet the invaders, hoping to surprice the green menace, and hopefully push them back, before they could get to cover in the gas station - noone wants to get in close quater combat with an orc...

The outskirts of Novac _DSC0033copy

But the sneaky boyz was in place, and as soon the deserters shoved themselves, they apeared from their cover and rained bullets and bullets and bullets from above... Thing was... the sneaky boyz where too eager to get into the fray, and forgot about range and effectiveness...

The outskirts of Novac _DSC0032copy

- when the gunsmoke dissolved, the, rather supriced, deserters looked in disbelieve at the orcs at the roof of the gass station; whos swearing was hurting them more than the lead from their shootas.

|SCENE|

The rest of the fight went like this: The RIG kept their distance, while the orks ran for cover under the roof of the gas station - the weirdboy almost killed every ork he could see, but managed to control himself (almost) most of the time. The battle revolved under the roof, in close quarters, while the sneaky boyz was cowering ON the roof, lead flying over, and through their heads. The RIG, lost a lot to the orks, and their commander was not able to hit anything with his powerfist, and was finished off by Graskull Brokentoof before the rest of the deserters decided to run for it.

Aftermath: The fight was bloody and fierce, but the orks won by luck and the firm believe that clubs beat guns... which they did. The sneaky boyz had a smacking from their boss, who again amost had his 'ead ripped off by Graskull Brokentoof himself.

All in all - fun stuff, and the next batrep, will be about the struggles of a squad of Imperial Guard, who has been sent to Novac to investigate the incident at the 'mperial Gass.
Back to top Go down
Colonel Prius

Colonel Prius

PostSubject: Re: The outskirts of Novac   The outskirts of Novac I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 24, 2011 5:30 pm

Cool Board! Cool report too, especially liked the intro. Would have loved to see some more pictures of the action (and your sweet scenery) but I know that in the heat of battle the camera is easily forgotten. So, as your first DS game, was it fun?
Back to top Go down
http://www.ussaeon.co.cc
edward

edward

PostSubject: Re: The outskirts of Novac   The outskirts of Novac I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 24, 2011 5:31 pm

very cool, brillant terrain

btw novac you a fan of the fallout games?
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: The outskirts of Novac   The outskirts of Novac I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 24, 2011 5:35 pm

BRAVO!!!!

The terrain looks GREAT and the Orks always have the best stories (well, I play Orks!) I wonder what our Boyz are going to do with the Gas? Maybe finally have a Turbo Gretchin Race (Dip da Grotz in Gas... put 'em to runz... Burna Boyz spit fire... Grotz turn red from burnz and run fasta! Great Showz! Da Boss is happy!!)

Did you found the game easy to learn? Any suggestions? TLRB v0.6.4 is around the corner... but still is important to know what you think! Excellent report. Thanks for sharing!
Back to top Go down
http://www.DeathSquadsGame.com
Komfritten

Komfritten

PostSubject: Re: The outskirts of Novac   The outskirts of Novac I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 24, 2011 5:38 pm

@Prius: This is my very first DS battle, and I'm very happy and enthusiastic about it, it's what Mordheim is not to me Wink (i prefer sci-fi over fantasy anytime, and the largely tweaked and new rules in DS are just what I needed)

@edward: Oh yes, the fallout series is the epithome of my gaming experience (even though nothing topped the 2nd imho). I found that novac (have to make the sign), is incredibly cool, and a great gimmick - so I had to replicate it Very Happy

@Mordheimer: As suggested in TLRB it was easy to catch up with, because I've played mordheim and WH40K. The guns was a drag-down though - but only because we couldn't remember their "stats". That is solved by playing more (and making "gun cards" for me- because I have an attention span of a fish).
Back to top Go down
edward

edward

PostSubject: Re: The outskirts of Novac   The outskirts of Novac I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 24, 2011 5:42 pm

yeah the 2nd was the best

maybe you could make a NCR squad as IG?
Back to top Go down
Komfritten

Komfritten

PostSubject: Re: The outskirts of Novac   The outskirts of Novac I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 24, 2011 5:45 pm

That is such a great idea! ... have painted the commander, but I'll just have to repaint him Wink
Back to top Go down
edward

edward

PostSubject: Re: The outskirts of Novac   The outskirts of Novac I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 24, 2011 5:52 pm

hope i goes well for you

btw nightkin-orks maybe?
Back to top Go down
Komfritten

Komfritten

PostSubject: Re: The outskirts of Novac   The outskirts of Novac I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 24, 2011 6:01 pm

Haha! Ya! instead of Mordheimers (supposedly albino leader - noone has seen him... as I see it no pix: it did not happen!) I could make a Nightkin leader ! Great fun!
Back to top Go down
edward

edward

PostSubject: Re: The outskirts of Novac   The outskirts of Novac I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 24, 2011 6:18 pm

i think nightkin kommandoes would work well
Back to top Go down
Gatlag Stonetooth

Gatlag Stonetooth

PostSubject: Re: The outskirts of Novac   The outskirts of Novac I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2011 4:56 am

Nice report! I like the narrative story behind it.
Your gaming board is very cool as well!
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: The outskirts of Novac   The outskirts of Novac I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2011 7:21 am

Komfritten wrote:
Haha! Ya! instead of Mordheimers (supposedly albino leader - noone has seen him... as I see it no pix: it did not happen!) I could make a Nightkin leader ! Great fun!

Gentlemen... I guess you missed him! The Albino and entourage!
The outskirts of Novac DaAlbino-GretchinsDiorama-01

Painted by Laney (THANK YOU AGAIN!!)... the MASTER! More pics, LOTS MORE PICS... from WiP to final! LINK

Back to top Go down
Laney

Laney

PostSubject: Re: The outskirts of Novac   The outskirts of Novac I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2011 7:50 am

You're welcome Mord!

The board looks great - I hope to have a board like that some day!

Kommandos are the coolest IMHO (Makes me want to get mine painted - too many projects!).

Laney Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Komfritten

Komfritten

PostSubject: Re: The outskirts of Novac   The outskirts of Novac I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2011 7:51 am

He is so very brutal Very Happy

I stand corrected! Laney - you are a true master Wink
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: The outskirts of Novac   The outskirts of Novac I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2011 10:57 am

Go see the thread... you see the Work In Progress (WiP) for him and all his Gretchins. ALSO... Laney made a BUST of The Albino to test colors. The man is insane! Check 'em out.... I still cry of happiness when I see the models. HA!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The outskirts of Novac   The outskirts of Novac I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The outskirts of Novac
Page 1 of 1