Death Squads Game Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Official Community of the Fan-Made 40k Skirmish Wargame Death Squads!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Oracle of Tzeentch

Go down 
+2
Arachas
Komfritten
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Komfritten

Komfritten

Oracle of Tzeentch Empty
PostSubject: Oracle of Tzeentch   Oracle of Tzeentch I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 21, 2011 3:18 am

I have not had time to build the last couple of days, because I had to make a birthday present for a good friend. I know it's off topic, but I would like to explain why I was a slow-poke suddenly:

Oracle of Tzeentch 2011-08-21085230

Oracle of Tzeentch 2011-08-21085248

Oracle of Tzeentch 2011-08-21085305

The Oracle of Tzeentch is the first "big" model I've painted. Took me a long time, and I'm not entirely happy with it, but it turned out rather ok, and I've learned a lot from it. Hope he'll be happy about it.

Last edited by Komfritten on Mon Aug 22, 2011 6:25 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Arachas

Arachas

Oracle of Tzeentch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oracle of Tzeentch   Oracle of Tzeentch I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 21, 2011 3:22 am

NICE!! JUST WOW!!

What parts are you not satisfied about? It's awesome.
Back to top Go down
Komfritten

Komfritten

Oracle of Tzeentch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oracle of Tzeentch   Oracle of Tzeentch I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 21, 2011 3:37 am

The cloth has too much contrast, I'm not good enough, yet, to blend them better - but practice makes ... you know the saying.

And the skin is brushed, and I would like if I were able to paint it instead, but that is for another time =)
Back to top Go down
dumdeedum

dumdeedum

Oracle of Tzeentch Empty
PostSubject: Oracle of Tzeentch   Oracle of Tzeentch I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 21, 2011 6:50 am

Wow, seems like whatever you put your mind to, you do amazingly at.

Just keep putting up pictures of your work, I love seeing all the terrain and models.
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

Oracle of Tzeentch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oracle of Tzeentch   Oracle of Tzeentch I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 21, 2011 8:00 pm

No need to hide this GORGEOUS model in the other terrain thread!

This version of the Oracle of Tzeentch is VERY cool! Room for improvement? Maybe in YOUR eyes... you are your worst critic! It is AWESOME!
Back to top Go down
http://www.DeathSquadsGame.com
Gatlag Stonetooth

Gatlag Stonetooth

Oracle of Tzeentch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oracle of Tzeentch   Oracle of Tzeentch I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 22, 2011 5:27 am

Don't mind it's "off topic", we like to see all your paintwork! that goes for everyone
I think the model looks sweet! The only critic I could think of is that the colors might be a bit dull as Tzeentch mostly seem to be more "vivid" but actually I like it this way so don't change it! Smile
Back to top Go down
Laney

Laney

Oracle of Tzeentch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oracle of Tzeentch   Oracle of Tzeentch I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 23, 2011 4:29 am

Very effective piece - a well painted tricky piece!

The skin is brushed and looks great - don't see a problem there! Too many people think you need to go through pain to get an ace model! I saw a brilliant article all about 'eavy metal pieces explaining why they are so over painted (it's all to do with photography apparently) and how you can get the same effect with hours less work!

In terms of constructive criticism...
Gatlag has a point that some vivid colour would set it off even more (make it 'pop' as it were), nothing garish - maybe turquoise, enchanted blue or scorpion green on the wings.

I want to see more of your models as well as your scenery (particularly the guard!)

Laney Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Komfritten

Komfritten

Oracle of Tzeentch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oracle of Tzeentch   Oracle of Tzeentch I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 23, 2011 7:06 am

hehe I know next to nothing about chaos gods and their pestilense offspring, but he were very happy wit h his new oracle : mission accomplished Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Oracle of Tzeentch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oracle of Tzeentch   Oracle of Tzeentch I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Oracle of Tzeentch
Page 1 of 1