Death Squads Game Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Official Community of the Fan-Made 40k Skirmish Wargame Death Squads!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

G'Day (lol I never say that :P ) from Down Under

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
D_Arquebus

G'Day (lol I never say that :P ) from Down Under Empty
PostSubject: G'Day (lol I never say that :P ) from Down Under   G'Day (lol I never say that :P ) from Down Under I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 14, 2011 6:22 am

Howdie all,

Another gaming nerd signing in from Australia. I was directed here by LFG from a local Aussie forum. He made reference to having a game "much better then Space Hulk".

Being a huge fan of the original 1st Ed of Space Hulk and also of the background to all things 40k I was intrigued. He directed me here Smile

I gotta say it's not quite what I was expecting. I was expecting something campaign related but more in the special forces realms (ala termie boarding forces etc). Maybe a beefed up set of Kill Team rules. But I gotta say I am much intrigued and uplifted by what I DID find instead.

I must admit to being a mini addict Embarassed . Have always preferred the skirmish games (Blood Bowl, Space Hulk (kinda - skirmish), Necro, Mordheim). And have been trying to part with my "bits of armies" for 40k as I have neither the time nor the energy to devote to building a workable army for each. What you guys are offering is a skirmish game (and my after brief run through the rules they look solid) which will allow me to capture the flavour and theme of all the cool armies in 40k without taking out a mortgage on the house Just Kidding.

Too many projects in atm and a trip overseas looming but I will now make it a priority to get two forces together and rope one of my gaming buddies into playing some Death Squads . The chance for cool terrain (on a smaller 4x4 scale) and cooler forces (again on small 5-15 bodies scale) and continuity between games. What is not to love??? Very Happy

Cheers all and I'll see you around the forums Salute
Back to top Go down
dumdeedum

dumdeedum

PostSubject: Re: G'Day (lol I never say that :P ) from Down Under   G'Day (lol I never say that :P ) from Down Under I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 14, 2011 8:22 am

Welcome! the skirmish scale is what attracted me to Death Squads too, smaller forces mean there is so much more room for coolness which always seems to get lost in an army. Hope to see you around on the forums to see (and maybe help) Death Squads get better Smile
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: G'Day (lol I never say that :P ) from Down Under   G'Day (lol I never say that :P ) from Down Under I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 14, 2011 12:18 pm

WELCOME!!!

As you have discovered, our work is geared for people like you! I love the 40k Lore and I do have 2 huge 40k armies (Necrons and Tyranids) as well as enough stuff to make me a Space Marine Army... but I love story-telling. To me, playing 40k has become about numbers and throwing dice. When I played 40k with my friends, it was ALWAYS about stories. They tolerate me, but strangers just want to roll dice. I do not mind Apocalypse size games... but they MUST have a story.

Death Squads offers that opportunity. The game and each Scenario is geared toward story-telling. While you can play 'kill each other' just fine, the game actually rewards players who try to achieve the Objectives and the game itself present itself as an easy template to make great stories. See Komfritten's Comic Battle Reports as an extreme example (usually we just write stories and post pics!

Remember that :DS is a game by fans, for fans! We do not take money nor donations (if you feel like giving money, buy yourself some models and post pics of your painting!)... but we do appreciate people around the world stopping by from time to time (it keeps us going!) If you have any suggestions/corrections... do NOT hesitate! We aim to please!

Let us know about your group, your adventures and models! Take care... and thanks for spreading the word!

Last edited by Mordheimer on Wed Sep 14, 2011 5:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.DeathSquadsGame.com
Laney

Laney

PostSubject: Re: G'Day (lol I never say that :P ) from Down Under   G'Day (lol I never say that :P ) from Down Under I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 14, 2011 3:57 pm

Mord has said all the good stuff - so I'll just say Welcome to Death Squads!

Oh, and post pics of your miniatures! WE LOVE PICS Very Happy

Laney Smile
Back to top Go down
Lord GreyWolf

Lord GreyWolf

PostSubject: Re: G'Day (lol I never say that :P ) from Down Under   G'Day (lol I never say that :P ) from Down Under I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 14, 2011 5:31 pm

D_Arquebus wrote:
Howdie all,

Another gaming nerd signing in from Australia. I was directed here by LFG GreyWolf [aka Lord GreyWolf LOL ] from a local Aussie forum. He made reference to having a game "much better then Space Hulk".

yes it was I who showed him the blessed light that is Death Squads may the cult of Death Squads burn bright and hot in your chest.....

Welcome to your next addiction may it feed your mini desires and plastic vices.

Death Squads is great game with many options to choose from. with new squads due out, FiCQ, vehicles coming in the near future it will have everything you would want/like.

glad you came over to us and may your stay be fun and eventful.

Cheers
Lord GreyWolf [aka GreyWolf ~ Ausbowl]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: G'Day (lol I never say that :P ) from Down Under   G'Day (lol I never say that :P ) from Down Under I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

G'Day (lol I never say that :P ) from Down Under
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Death Squads Game Forums :: Forum General Information :: Welcome Mat-
Jump to: