Death Squads Game Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Official Community of the Fan-Made 40k Skirmish Wargame Death Squads!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Newby from the SF Bay Area

Go down 
+4
cody20
Arachas
Laney
Cpt.VonAwesome
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Cpt.VonAwesome

Newby from the SF Bay Area Empty
PostSubject: Newby from the SF Bay Area   Newby from the SF Bay Area I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2011 1:11 am

Just played my first Death Squads game last night at Ronin Games and Hobbies in Castro Valley. It was awesome and the guys there were very helpful. Thanks to Ed (owner), Steve, and Kevin for helping a new guy out. Ed especially for letting me use his Eldar squad (which kicked ass, sorry about getting your Warlock killed though). I'm as hooked as can be and can't wait to start out a squad of my own and play more often.
Back to top Go down
Laney

Laney

PostSubject: Re: Newby from the SF Bay Area   Newby from the SF Bay Area I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2011 1:50 am

Welcome to Death Squads!

It's great to hear about new players and new groups of players setting up games!

Glad you enjoyed it. If you have any feedback we'd love to hear it.

Cheers Laney Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Arachas

Arachas

PostSubject: Re: Newby from the SF Bay Area   Newby from the SF Bay Area I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2011 7:20 am

PICS! BATTLEREPORTS!

Welcome to Death Squads!
Back to top Go down
cody20

cody20

PostSubject: Re: Newby from the SF Bay Area   Newby from the SF Bay Area I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2011 7:37 am

Welcome to the forums!!! Very Happy

To bad for the warlock, they do damage.
Back to top Go down
bossfacepunch

PostSubject: Re: Newby from the SF Bay Area   Newby from the SF Bay Area I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2011 10:20 am

Yay I'm glad to see someone else from Ronin. Hopefully we can get the league started up soon.
Back to top Go down
Cpt.VonAwesome

PostSubject: Re: Newby from the SF Bay Area   Newby from the SF Bay Area I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2011 11:18 am

Thanks everybody.

cody20 wrote:

Yeah I almost landed a Mindwar attack on a Space Marine leader on only the second or third turn. haha I was soooo close and hit snake eyes on the hit roll.
Back to top Go down
Cpt.VonAwesome

PostSubject: Re: Newby from the SF Bay Area   Newby from the SF Bay Area I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2011 11:20 am

bossfacepunch wrote:
Yay I'm glad to see someone else from Ronin. Hopefully we can get the league started up soon.

Hell yeah. I gotta get a squad started up though, and I seriously just started miniature gaming so I have nothing at all. Thinking of starting an Ork squad, although I would definitely like some Eldar.
Back to top Go down
cody20

cody20

PostSubject: Re: Newby from the SF Bay Area   Newby from the SF Bay Area I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2011 2:18 pm

Cpt.VonAwesome wrote:
Thanks everybody.

cody20 wrote:

Yeah I almost landed a Mindwar attack on a Space Marine leader on only the second or third turn. haha I was soooo close and hit snake eyes on the hit roll.

That would have been nasty!!!

I also saw your new to wargaming, i think you kicked a good game to get started on since theirs not so many models and not to much money.

And you want orks or eldar, it all depends on how you want to play.
Back to top Go down
Cpt.VonAwesome

PostSubject: Re: Newby from the SF Bay Area   Newby from the SF Bay Area I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2011 2:53 pm

Yeah. I really like the Elder play style, keep your distance pick away at the enemy. But I have to admit the Ork's in-you-face (or hulk smash as I call it) play style sounds very fun.
Back to top Go down
cody20

cody20

PostSubject: Re: Newby from the SF Bay Area   Newby from the SF Bay Area I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2011 3:04 pm

I loved my orks there toughness 4 comes in handy alot in this game.
Back to top Go down
Gatlag Stonetooth

Gatlag Stonetooth

PostSubject: Re: Newby from the SF Bay Area   Newby from the SF Bay Area I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 02, 2011 4:35 am

Welcome to the board! Smile
Great way to get introduced to the game btw, I'm planning to build an introductionary team which I can use for friends to lure them in the game! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Cpt.VonAwesome

PostSubject: Re: Newby from the SF Bay Area   Newby from the SF Bay Area I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 04, 2011 10:28 am

Playing my first game tonight with my own squad! I finally finished my squad build/character sheets, and almost have them all painted. I'm pretty jazzed about it, I've been itching to get in on some action.
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Newby from the SF Bay Area   Newby from the SF Bay Area I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 06, 2011 1:38 pm

WELCOME Cpt.VonAwesome!!! Salute

I'm happy you found our game and that you enjoy it so much. Please open a new thread and show up your models! We LOVE pics... no matter how they look, we want to see them!!!!

Enjoy Death Squads... enjoy YOUR game! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.DeathSquadsGame.com
Cpt.VonAwesome

PostSubject: Re: Newby from the SF Bay Area   Newby from the SF Bay Area I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 06, 2011 1:49 pm

Thanks Mordheimer. I'll post up some pics soon, I'm going to revise my squad build and try to finish painting them all today.
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Newby from the SF Bay Area   Newby from the SF Bay Area I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 06, 2011 2:18 pm

Are you from Castro Valley, CA too?
Back to top Go down
Cpt.VonAwesome

PostSubject: Re: Newby from the SF Bay Area   Newby from the SF Bay Area I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 06, 2011 2:33 pm

I used to live there but not now. I now live less than 15 Minutes away and hit the hobby shop at least once a week. My brother-in-law wants to start his own squad now, so once he does I'll have to set up my own table and make some terrain so we can have a home game Very Happy .
Back to top Go down
lordcypher

PostSubject: Re: Newby from the SF Bay Area   Newby from the SF Bay Area I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 08, 2011 4:41 am

Hey all,

This is Kevin from Ronin Games and Hobbies in Castro Valley. Just thought I would drop a line. We've been playing a campaign for around a month and have been using some home-brew squads that were made up by two guys from the shop. Anyways, I'll take some pictures and try to remember to post them.
Back to top Go down
Arachas

Arachas

PostSubject: Re: Newby from the SF Bay Area   Newby from the SF Bay Area I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 08, 2011 5:03 am

Yes, pictures! Would love to see them. Smile
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Newby from the SF Bay Area   Newby from the SF Bay Area I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 08, 2011 8:14 am

Welcome! Pictures are awesome!
Back to top Go down
lordcypher

PostSubject: Re: Newby from the SF Bay Area   Newby from the SF Bay Area I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 08, 2011 2:58 pm

oh yeah, I'm new to all this fancy forum stuff, so how do I go about posting said pictures?
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Newby from the SF Bay Area   Newby from the SF Bay Area I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 08, 2011 3:14 pm

Best way is to check this Tutorial (LINK)... there you can learn how to post pics. ALSO, there are a couple of nice Tutorial on how to take good pics of your models on the cheap!
Back to top Go down
lordcypher

PostSubject: Re: Newby from the SF Bay Area   Newby from the SF Bay Area I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 08, 2011 10:26 pm

Thanks Mordheimer.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Newby from the SF Bay Area   Newby from the SF Bay Area I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Newby from the SF Bay Area
Page 1 of 1