Death Squads Game Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Official Community of the Fan-Made 40k Skirmish Wargame Death Squads!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

1st foray into DS: Chaos Cultists

Go down 
+2
Mordheimer
whiskeytango
6 posters
AuthorMessage
whiskeytango

whiskeytango

1st foray into DS: Chaos Cultists Empty
PostSubject: 1st foray into DS: Chaos Cultists   1st foray into DS: Chaos Cultists I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 07, 2011 9:41 pm

Hey guys, first post ever here. I've been playing all manner of GW games off and on for over 13 years now, but mostly sticking to Mordheim, as I'm more partial to fantasy settings, and its hard to top the atmosphere of the city of the damned. However, I've been playing Space Marine (the video game) alot lately, and its really made me want to get back into some 40k. Someone over at Toms Boring Mordheim Forum directed me over here, and I'm pretty enamored so far, so I thought I'd start work on a squad. Seeing as how my favored force has always been Chaos, a Cultist squad seemed like the way to go. I haven't actually written a list yet, and am basically just building guys that I think look cool, I'll work out the list and all that later. Sorry in advance that my photography is fairly shoddy.

First up is my CSM. Since i only need the one, I really wanted to do a true scale one, but really did not want to shell out for a terminator body to do so. I did however have a Termie Lord sitting around, along with some random power armor CSM, so they got sacrificed for the cause. He's a little rough, but he'll do. Obviously, he's a WIP.

1st foray into DS: Chaos Cultists DSC01677

Next up are some cultists. They're inspired by the ones I saw Doom doing. Once again though, I didn't want to shell out for any parts I didn't already have, in this case the pig iron heads. So I had to resort to my sub-par sculpting skills. I think they actually came out pretty well, except for the guy with the flamers goggles, but i can live with it.

1st foray into DS: Chaos Cultists DSC01678

1st foray into DS: Chaos Cultists DSC01679

Any suggestions for other things I should include in this squad?
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: 1st foray into DS: Chaos Cultists   1st foray into DS: Chaos Cultists I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 07, 2011 11:01 pm

Hi! Welcome to Death Squads! Make sure to stop by the Welcome Mat to tell us a little more about you.

Anyway... you CSM is scary. I mean that as a compliment. I saw the axe, and I cursed in Spanish. My friends here know that I do that when I'm angry, upset or about to soil my pants. I'm unsure which one provoked my reaction to your evil model. BRAVO! Its like Khorne and Nurgle mixed together. HA! I just wrote a double heretic comment! Honestly, I would be afraid of touching the axe (with paint)... it looks AWESOME! A great focal point for a fantastically aggressive looking model! Your Cultists look very good (SUPER!!!) too!

I suggest you POST your background. From it you could be inspired for a list and the models. The Chaos Cultists are not a newbie Squad to play... lots of trickery, randomization and combos. Dozer designed them... I think he said he could pull 144 permutations of the Squad, based on UNITS.

Thanks for sharing... SUPER!
Back to top Go down
http://www.DeathSquadsGame.com
Laney

Laney

PostSubject: Re: 1st foray into DS: Chaos Cultists   1st foray into DS: Chaos Cultists I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 08, 2011 2:41 am

Welcome to DS!

Great start on the squad - I'm a big fan of true scale marines of all types, particularly for a skirmish game like this one. Love the axe. The flagellant models for the cultists are a perfect fit and some nice sculpting work on the heads (I like the flamer goggles - but the top left guy wins it for me). Looking forward to more.

Cheers Laney:D
Back to top Go down
Arachas

Arachas

PostSubject: Re: 1st foray into DS: Chaos Cultists   1st foray into DS: Chaos Cultists I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 08, 2011 4:18 am

Wow, great Khorne Berzerker! I love the pose.

The cultists look great, too. Indeed they came out well, I know I can't sculpt like that!

On what to include next: consider where you want to take your squad, first. Building a list might be a good idea (we'll be happy to comment on it). Khorne CC-killyness? Go for some axe-toting champions.
Back to top Go down
Gatlag Stonetooth

Gatlag Stonetooth

PostSubject: Re: 1st foray into DS: Chaos Cultists   1st foray into DS: Chaos Cultists I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 08, 2011 11:16 am

Welcome to the club!
Sweet models! Got more pics for us? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
whiskeytango

whiskeytango

PostSubject: Re: 1st foray into DS: Chaos Cultists   1st foray into DS: Chaos Cultists I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 08, 2011 9:26 pm

alright, got some more modeling done:

another cultist with autogun, and added a vox caster to the cage face cultist:

1st foray into DS: Chaos Cultists DSC01682

my two chosen, both with sluggers and axes and the MoK:

1st foray into DS: Chaos Cultists DSC01683

my two aspiring champs, with MoCU and autoguns:

1st foray into DS: Chaos Cultists DSC01684

and the whole starting band:

1st foray into DS: Chaos Cultists DSC01687
Back to top Go down
Narcissus

Narcissus

PostSubject: Re: 1st foray into DS: Chaos Cultists   1st foray into DS: Chaos Cultists I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 09, 2011 1:47 am

Looking nice. I think the flagellants are one of the nicest GW kits. I like the heads and legs a lot. What is the torso on the left aspiring champion?
Back to top Go down
http://rustandthecity.blogspot.com/
Laney

Laney

PostSubject: Re: 1st foray into DS: Chaos Cultists   1st foray into DS: Chaos Cultists I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 09, 2011 4:33 am

Cool looking squad coming together here - the right hand aspiring champion is my favourite (he looks perfect, great use of spikes, knee pads and the flagellant head)

Keep it coming - they'll look ace painted up

Laney:D
Back to top Go down
Arachas

Arachas

PostSubject: Re: 1st foray into DS: Chaos Cultists   1st foray into DS: Chaos Cultists I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 09, 2011 7:47 am

Very cool and dynamic models! Can't wait to see them painted!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1st foray into DS: Chaos Cultists   1st foray into DS: Chaos Cultists I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1st foray into DS: Chaos Cultists
Page 1 of 1