Death Squads Game Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Official Community of the Fan-Made 40k Skirmish Wargame Death Squads!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Hi there. :)

Go down 
+3
Narcissus
Mordheimer
maxxev
7 posters
AuthorMessage
maxxev

maxxev

Hi there. :) Empty
PostSubject: Hi there. :)   Hi there. :) I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 17, 2011 5:03 pm

Hi, just came across this rules set whilst looking up the Iten rules set...

We wanted to play necromunda in the new year but i'm going to push for this game instead, though I will have to throw together some more factions first Just Kidding

Great looking project and tidy looking rules....

HOWEVER... is there another theme for the forum and how do I find it because i'm having real difficulties with the default theme (AND it's not work friendly).

Cheers

Maxxev
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Hi there. :)   Hi there. :) I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 17, 2011 9:25 pm

Wlecome maxxev!

Enjoy the rules! Very Happy Where you heading from? How did you heard about Death Squads?

At the moment, you are stuck with the color scheme. We are working on changing it in the near future. Quick question... why do you find the theme not work friendly?
Back to top Go down
http://www.DeathSquadsGame.com
Narcissus

Narcissus

PostSubject: Re: Hi there. :)   Hi there. :) I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 18, 2011 12:41 am

Probably because red, black, and yellow doesn't look work related when the boss walks by!
Back to top Go down
http://rustandthecity.blogspot.com/
ClausLars

PostSubject: Re: Hi there. :)   Hi there. :) I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 18, 2011 2:02 am

Neither do all the GIANT Death Squads logos.

You know how many times the guy I'm on shift with asked "What's that Death Squads thing?"

...Also, welcome aboard boss.
Back to top Go down
Laney

Laney

PostSubject: Re: Hi there. :)   Hi there. :) I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 18, 2011 2:46 am

Welcome to Hi there. :) 778760 Maxxev!

Laney:D
Back to top Go down
Arachas

Arachas

PostSubject: Re: Hi there. :)   Hi there. :) I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 18, 2011 5:20 am

Welcome to Death Squads!

You just need to pick a more strategical spot to work at in the office. Wink
Back to top Go down
maxxev

maxxev

PostSubject: Re: Hi there. :)   Hi there. :) I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 18, 2011 6:58 am

I already work in strategic location, however there is a glass windowed office right behind me... (not always occupied thankfully) lol.

But I also seriously struggle to read grey & red text on black backgrounds (black backgrounds in general cause my eyes issues, especially in the evenings when i'm tierd).

Last edited by maxxev on Fri Nov 18, 2011 8:52 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Arachas

Arachas

PostSubject: Re: Hi there. :)   Hi there. :) I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 18, 2011 8:42 am

maxxev wrote:
But I also struggle to read black backgrounds.

THAT is a fair point, I prefer lighter forums, too. But yeah: grim future, only war, depression and all that.
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Hi there. :)   Hi there. :) I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 18, 2011 9:08 am

Let's not hijack maxxev's thread with the forum theme or colors discussion... instead, why we don't discuss this on a NEW THREAD (LINK)? Yes, I open a new thread for all of you artists and visually-sensitive people can let us know how we can help you!

Now... back to the IMPORTANT stuff... maxxev, where are you from? How did you find out about Death Squads ?
Back to top Go down
maxxev

maxxev

PostSubject: Re: Hi there. :)   Hi there. :) I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 18, 2011 9:22 am

I'm from Sussex, UK, As I put in my opening post I found DS whilst looking up ITEN.

I came across ITEN via TTGN, so you can blame that site for me being here lol Just Kidding.

Once upon a time I was doing a similar thing to DS project actually (combining 40k, necromunda and Mordheim) in a game called "Fringe wars", the time commitment for it was just not avaiaible to me though unfortunately, and with no-one else locally to share the project if fell on it's arse (basically I have lots of ideas and enthusiasm AS LONG as someone else is feeding me with feedback, thoughts and comments. As soon as they stop, most of the projects I work on (and threads I post) die a death.
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Hi there. :)   Hi there. :) I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 18, 2011 10:40 am

Ohhh! I thought it was a typo (as in 'looking for an item') hehehe!

Well, positions in the Staff are always available. Suggest you read this thread (LINK) ... get on some games (rules AS written), post Battle Reports (with pics!), share some data (LINK), ask questions, answer questions (with info on TLRB), share your experience... then, if you have the time and inclination, you could join the Staff.

As a Contributor you can help with design (checking other people's work as well as suggesting to the project leads) and after you learn the ropes (learning curve is up to you) you could start your own project. Contributors and Developers alike have a voice and a single vote to resolve issues and disputes. Contributors do not need to 'live' in the forums 100% of the time (like some of us seem to be....), but they are expected to be active members of the community. Developers do the same as Contributors, PLUS guide the general direction of the project and vote to break up ties... and we are hold to a higher standard when making suggestions and critiques (that is why everyone loves to 'remind' me that I'm supposed to always read TLRB before giving suggestions... especially on making Squad Lists! Just Kidding)

Anyhow, becoming part of the Staff is possible. Sure, as a member of the community you can 'throw' new ideas... but they would be put on the 'to-do' pile. If you have the time and energy to put the ideas on the 'must-do-right-now' pile... join the Staff!
Back to top Go down
maxxev

maxxev

PostSubject: Re: Hi there. :)   Hi there. :) I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 18, 2011 2:30 pm

I have read that link and I will certainly consider it, but I need to get a game in first, and I know that wont happen until the new year.

However I have that chicken and egg issue again in that I think I can get a campaign going at the club, but presently there are too few warbands available to make it interesting (too many people play imperial which means there is going to be a LOT of the same).

So basically between now and Xmas i'm going to be looking at brainstorming a few ideas and throwing them together at the club.

I'm thinking Eldar Corsairs, possibly Squat survivors, Inquisitional warbands and Necron cultists.
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Hi there. :)   Hi there. :) I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 18, 2011 3:20 pm

maxxev wrote:
However I have that chicken and egg issue again in that I think I can get a campaign going at the club, but presently there are too few warbands available to make it interesting (too many people play imperial which means there is going to be a LOT of the same).
You definitely need to read the Guard. Each Regional Platoon plays and feels VERY different. It is not just IG with a different uniform/model... their rules are VERY different. In terms you will like and appreciate, it would be like playing Orks of the Blood Axe Clan versus Orks of Death Skulls Clans versus Orks of Evil Sunz Clan. They are all Orks... but if rules were made to reflect what their clans are, they would play VERY differently (based solely on rules). For the casual observer, they may appear the same... but when you play, they play VERY differently.

Again, Ork Clans are not as 'popular' or supported by GW as some of the IG platoons were/are... and we rather work on new Squads than detailing something that works now.

Anyhow, take your time. Do as it makes YOU happy. Remember to read the forum rules.
Back to top Go down
maxxev

maxxev

PostSubject: Re: Hi there. :)   Hi there. :) I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 18, 2011 4:22 pm

When I say imperial I really mean Marines, we barely have one guard player, plenty of ork players though Just Kidding lol
Back to top Go down
Gizzawd

Gizzawd

PostSubject: Re: Hi there. :)   Hi there. :) I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 18, 2011 10:48 pm

Welcome to Death Squads.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hi there. :)   Hi there. :) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hi there. :)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Death Squads Game Forums :: Forum General Information :: Welcome Mat-
Jump to: