Death Squads Game Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Official Community of the Fan-Made 40k Skirmish Wargame Death Squads!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Laney's Prisoner Exchange Log

Go down 
+11
Arachas
Da Bank
mudboy
balangaz
Komfritten
Gatlag Stonetooth
DeafNala
Narcissus
Mordheimer
Matt12z
Laney
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Laney

Laney

Laney's Prisoner Exchange Log - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Laney's Prisoner Exchange Log   Laney's Prisoner Exchange Log - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 06, 2012 3:10 am

@ Narcissus: And I thought I was breaking new ground, I didn't even consider my avatar LOL! These tattoos a totally different of course:P. The orange was pretty easy... Solar Orange base, thin Devlan mud wash, Blazing Orange layer and a Vomit Brown highlight..

@ Da Bank: Cheers, glad you like it.

@ Drizzt: Lots of layers went into the blue (about ten in tota), so I'm glad you like it!

Anyway - progress made!

Cheers Laney:D
Back to top Go down
DeafNala

DeafNala

PostSubject: Re: Laney's Prisoner Exchange Log   Laney's Prisoner Exchange Log - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 06, 2012 4:08 am

VERY COOL LOOKING! The depth of colors you've achieved is really remarkable. What a Face
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Laney's Prisoner Exchange Log   Laney's Prisoner Exchange Log - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 06, 2012 8:12 am

DeafNala wrote:
Mord...I meant the piece wasn't ruined; he just has to paint over that dreadful green. clown
Ohhh crap... then I agree with you... AGAIN! What I can say? I can't think against the Master! Just Kidding

@ Laney: Again... your grand mastery and understanding of color has produced an exquisite miniature. Literally, my jaw dropped. affraid
The tattoos are amazing... to the point that I wish I could look at the model in person with a magnifying glass... I swear I can read them. This is a GREAT model. BRAVO!
Back to top Go down
http://www.DeathSquadsGame.com
sultansean

sultansean

PostSubject: Re: Laney's Prisoner Exchange Log   Laney's Prisoner Exchange Log - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 06, 2012 2:16 pm

Superb! The blue suit and tattoos are both really well done.
Back to top Go down
Laney

Laney

PostSubject: Re: Laney's Prisoner Exchange Log   Laney's Prisoner Exchange Log - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2012 4:36 am

Much happier with the prisoner now (Just got to write his fluff!). Here are the pics with the finishing touches applied...

I've tried to be more subtle with the 'glows' - plasma, green vial on his leg and lenses.

Laney's Prisoner Exchange Log - Page 3 P1000216

Laney's Prisoner Exchange Log - Page 3 P1000217

Laney's Prisoner Exchange Log - Page 3 P1000218

Laney's Prisoner Exchange Log - Page 3 P1000219

Laney's Prisoner Exchange Log - Page 3 P1000220

Laney's Prisoner Exchange Log - Page 3 P1000221

Anything else needed?

Laney:D
Back to top Go down
DeafNala

DeafNala

PostSubject: Re: Laney's Prisoner Exchange Log   Laney's Prisoner Exchange Log - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2012 8:07 am

He reminds me of Vin Diesel for some reason or other...that is a real plus with moi. You did a SPECTACULAR job blending the colors; the blues are particularly striking & nice glow-effects. All in all VERY WELL DONE! cheers
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Laney's Prisoner Exchange Log   Laney's Prisoner Exchange Log - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2012 9:27 am

Laney wrote:
Anything else needed?
How about sending ME an army of these guys?

This guy is amazing... I don't know why... but he looks threatening. I mean... I can hear his heavy steps on the metal grading... I feel like I need a change of clothes. Embarassed I don't know if it is the pose, the tattoos, the glow... crap! It freaks me out. AWESOME!
Back to top Go down
Laney

Laney

PostSubject: Re: Laney's Prisoner Exchange Log   Laney's Prisoner Exchange Log - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2012 3:13 pm

@Deaf: Thanks - a compliment from someone of your calibre is always good for my ego!Just Kidding The particular head I used (from the GW catachan command squad always looks like Vin Diesel - but that definitely adds to the cool of it). It's good that you've picked up on the areas that I spent the most time (and paint) on trying to get right.

@Mord: I think it is the servitor body - they make for awesome voidsuits and have that heavy, archaic (almost steampunk) feel, that is missing from lots of GW models.

I had such fun working on this guy I just bought the making of a new IG squad - plus a select few of the new GW paint range.

Cheers Laney:D
Back to top Go down
Laney

Laney

PostSubject: Re: Laney's Prisoner Exchange Log   Laney's Prisoner Exchange Log - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 29, 2012 4:44 am

I'm almost done on the main base - shouldn't be more than an hour of painting left (sorry no pics)... I'll post a few snapshots before I send it.

Laney
Back to top Go down
Matt12z

Matt12z

PostSubject: Re: Laney's Prisoner Exchange Log   Laney's Prisoner Exchange Log - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 29, 2012 8:49 am

Amazing work, mate! Always an inspiration.
Back to top Go down
Laney

Laney

PostSubject: Re: Laney's Prisoner Exchange Log   Laney's Prisoner Exchange Log - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2012 1:49 am

Thanks Sparrow! The final pics...

Laney's Prisoner Exchange Log - Page 3 P1000251

Laney's Prisoner Exchange Log - Page 3 P1000252

Laney's Prisoner Exchange Log - Page 3 P1000253

Laney's Prisoner Exchange Log - Page 3 P1000254

Laney's Prisoner Exchange Log - Page 3 P1000255

Laney's Prisoner Exchange Log - Page 3 P1000256

Laney's Prisoner Exchange Log - Page 3 P1000257

Laney's Prisoner Exchange Log - Page 3 P1000258

Laney's Prisoner Exchange Log - Page 3 P1000259

Laney's Prisoner Exchange Log - Page 3 P1000310

On its way today!

Cheers Laney
Back to top Go down
Kiwi

Kiwi

PostSubject: Re: Laney's Prisoner Exchange Log   Laney's Prisoner Exchange Log - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2012 4:12 am

Amazing, the osl is great as is the tiny tattoos and the base is just great.
Back to top Go down
Komfritten

Komfritten

PostSubject: Re: Laney's Prisoner Exchange Log   Laney's Prisoner Exchange Log - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2012 6:14 am

That is really good! The corridor is spot on!
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Laney's Prisoner Exchange Log   Laney's Prisoner Exchange Log - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2012 7:14 am

The RUST!!! Wow! This model has so much WIN!!! Thank you for the pics... this was VERY inspirational for me!
Back to top Go down
DeafNala

DeafNala

PostSubject: Re: Laney's Prisoner Exchange Log   Laney's Prisoner Exchange Log - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2012 7:18 am

That is a WONDERFULLY IMAGINATIVE CREATION; it is something to be proud of & whoever receives it will have something to treasure...not sending it would be understandable. What a Face
Back to top Go down
mudboy

mudboy

PostSubject: Re: Laney's Prisoner Exchange Log   Laney's Prisoner Exchange Log - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2012 8:39 am

Beautyfull!
Back to top Go down
Narcissus

Narcissus

PostSubject: Re: Laney's Prisoner Exchange Log   Laney's Prisoner Exchange Log - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2012 11:14 am

Great job. Very cinematic posing coming through the hallway. The rust corridors look great too. How did you paint the walls?
Back to top Go down
http://rustandthecity.blogspot.com/
Laney

Laney

PostSubject: Re: Laney's Prisoner Exchange Log   Laney's Prisoner Exchange Log - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2012 4:08 pm

Cheers Guys - means a lot!

@Narcissus: Not sure the exact paints (I just played with the colours around this basis) The walls were basecoated in Adeptus battlegrey. A washed them with badab black and asurmen blue. I then drybrushed with vermin brown (reasonably heavy), followed by a light drybrush of blazing orange. I use humbrol rust, metallics and blue wash to finsh off the effect.

Cheers Laney
Back to top Go down
Gatlag Stonetooth

Gatlag Stonetooth

PostSubject: Re: Laney's Prisoner Exchange Log   Laney's Prisoner Exchange Log - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed May 02, 2012 11:35 am

Wow man! Just wow! Shocked Shocked
He turned out really awesome! Your recipient is going to be very happy!
And btw I love(d) those Fighting Fantasy books as well! About 3 years ago or so I ordered almost all of them for a sweet price on amazon. They didn't have this one though...
Back to top Go down
Gatlag Stonetooth

Gatlag Stonetooth

PostSubject: Re: Laney's Prisoner Exchange Log   Laney's Prisoner Exchange Log - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu May 10, 2012 4:28 pm

As said in my log, I'm staying at my mother in law's house for a few months. So this week I was a bit disappointed that I still hadn't received my prisoner as I was curious as hell! Then I realized that the prisoner should be delivered at my home address! *doh!*
So today I went to home and found the delivery note from the post. The package was given to one of my neighbours. I picked it up and when driving home I looked at the label. Was that handwriting familiar?
At home (mother in law's house) I opened it knew I was right about the handwriting! Laney and I traded some bitz in the past and I have a bit of a photographic memory so that's why I recognized the handwriting. Smile

But freakin' sweet man! I got myself a Laney™️! Very Happy
So awesome! I was pretty jealous of the recipient who was going to receive this prisoner (as you can read in the post above) and now it's me! Very Happy
It's a real nice piece *duh* and I must say it looks even better in real life! Love the scenic base! Also a nice thing is that the door is removeable! I will take some evidence pics later. Smile

Thanks again Laney!
Back to top Go down
Laney

Laney

PostSubject: Re: Laney's Prisoner Exchange Log   Laney's Prisoner Exchange Log - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu May 10, 2012 5:32 pm

No worries mate - glad you like him!

I was thinking he might have got lost in the post.

Laney:D
Back to top Go down
Da Bank

Da Bank

PostSubject: Re: Laney's Prisoner Exchange Log   Laney's Prisoner Exchange Log - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu May 10, 2012 6:28 pm

Congrats Gatlag! That is awesome.

Laney...you are gifted. Keep up the good work!
Back to top Go down
DeafNala

DeafNala

PostSubject: Re: Laney's Prisoner Exchange Log   Laney's Prisoner Exchange Log - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu May 10, 2012 6:35 pm

CONGRATULATIONS, Gatlag...you have something to treasure for life! cheers
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Laney's Prisoner Exchange Log   Laney's Prisoner Exchange Log - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 12:31 am

Gatlag!!! You got yourself a Laney OriginalTM!!! By experience, I can tell you that having a Laney OriginalTM is as wonderful as owning a DeafNalicious CreationTM... AWESOME! I look at the Albino and Lulu all the time and get goosebumps! Wow... it's like winning the lottery (except I'm poor!) Just Kidding

Congratz... now we are ALL jealous of you! Now... Where are the pics?!?! Pics, or didn\'t hap
Back to top Go down
Skeller

Skeller

PostSubject: Re: Laney's Prisoner Exchange Log   Laney's Prisoner Exchange Log - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat May 12, 2012 8:51 am

This is fantastic. They details are great and the paint is really well done. Lots of talent here.
Back to top Go down
http://www.goblinminimart.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Laney's Prisoner Exchange Log   Laney's Prisoner Exchange Log - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Laney's Prisoner Exchange Log
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next