Death Squads Game Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Official Community of the Fan-Made 40k Skirmish Wargame Death Squads!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Sultansean's PLOG

Go down 
+3
Da Bank
Narcissus
sultansean
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
sultansean

sultansean

Sultansean's PLOG Empty
PostSubject: Sultansean's PLOG   Sultansean's PLOG I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2012 3:09 pm

And by Jonses I mean Narcissus and Laney and Arachas and all the other far superior modelers and painters to me.

So I know we are supposed to take into account our prisoners preferences, but I am in Turkey and we all know what Turkish prisons are like (actually I don't really, and don't care to find out) but I'm sure prisoner preference is not high on their list. But I think I hired gun is a safe way to go and useful for anyone so right now my Brain storming is thinking a hired gun. And I have never painted an ork before so this might be the perfect chance to work on painting some Greenskin. So some sort of Ork Hired Gun is the current leader sound like a good idea?

A Mad Dok medic might be cool and I can take inspiration from Narcissus cool conversion.

Or some sort of dual wielding gun maniac appeals to me too.

I got some thinking to do....
Back to top Go down
Narcissus

Narcissus

Sultansean's PLOG Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sultansean's PLOG   Sultansean's PLOG I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2012 7:41 pm

Good to see you managed to join!

You could take one of the hired guns available to the orks and make an ork version. Like a saboteur or assassin. It would be lots of fun.

I am excited to see what you come up with. Orks certainly are a lot of fun.

When you get back, if you want a few ork parts let me know what you need and I can post them to you if you want. I have lots of ork bits and I can definitely spare a few to save you buying a box (unless of course you plan on starting an ork warband too!).
Back to top Go down
http://rustandthecity.blogspot.com/
Da Bank

Da Bank

Sultansean's PLOG Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sultansean's PLOG   Sultansean's PLOG I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2012 7:51 pm

@Sultansean

Hey!

I am sure you will do fine. Do you have enough bits to put something together?
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

Sultansean's PLOG Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sultansean's PLOG   Sultansean's PLOG I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2012 8:40 pm

Yeay! Someone is doing Orks (besides dumdeedum!) is working on BIGGER Greenskins. Yes, I'm not counting Lazi... because he is WAY bigger! Just Kidding

Good luck man... keep us updated. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.DeathSquadsGame.com
sultansean

sultansean

Sultansean's PLOG Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sultansean's PLOG   Sultansean's PLOG I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2012 12:48 pm

I have a black reach box and then some other bits some I am hoping I'm good. Oh for the days when I was planning to do a whole Orkney army...
Back to top Go down
sultansean

sultansean

Sultansean's PLOG Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sultansean's PLOG   Sultansean's PLOG I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 28, 2012 12:54 pm

So the current plan is for an Ork assassin, special agent W7. He will be a black reach Ork with two pistols converted to having silencers (something I have always wanted to do.) Not sure yet whether I should try and model him wearing a suit.

Last edited by sultansean on Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:28 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

Sultansean's PLOG Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sultansean's PLOG   Sultansean's PLOG I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 28, 2012 10:32 pm

nice! Give him a cowboy hat! Just Kidding
Back to top Go down
Laney

Laney

Sultansean's PLOG Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sultansean's PLOG   Sultansean's PLOG I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 2:54 am

A suited ork would be awesome - but you'd need to go for a classic James Bond pose (the one where he shoots the eye/lens thing).

Looking forward to this!

Laney:D
Back to top Go down
Narcissus

Narcissus

Sultansean's PLOG Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sultansean's PLOG   Sultansean's PLOG I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 3:22 am

Could be a hilarious diorama too.
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

Sultansean's PLOG Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sultansean's PLOG   Sultansean's PLOG I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 7:46 am

Some inspiration I found at: http://www.the-waaagh.com/forums/?showtopic=45598

Sultansean's PLOG KowBoss
Sultansean's PLOG Konversions012
Sultansean's PLOG Konversions013

More Stuff...
Sultansean's PLOG 1308765126731
Sultansean's PLOG 131933378249
Sultansean's PLOG 214255_md-Blood%20Axe%2C%20Conversion%2C%20Orks%2C%20Snakebite%2C%20Warhammer%2040%2C000%2C%20Warhammer%20Fantasy

Hope all this helps!
Back to top Go down
sultansean

sultansean

Sultansean's PLOG Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sultansean's PLOG   Sultansean's PLOG I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 11:27 am

Mord you jumped on my other idea which was to do a clint eastwood style ork with poncho and two revolvers. I was thinking something more like this, not truly 007 but it is loosely inspired. I would try and do a more active pose I think. I was trying to decide on some headwear but this picture is making me think bald is the way to go.

What are your thoughts; special agent, or cowboy, ork assassin? I was thinking I could make them dual purpose assassin/demolition experts by adding proximity mines or some dynamite, but maybe it is best to focus a little.

Sultansean's PLOG 090411hitman_front
Back to top Go down
Narcissus

Narcissus

Sultansean's PLOG Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sultansean's PLOG   Sultansean's PLOG I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 2:33 pm

Ah, proximity mines. My favorite thing about Golden Eye for N64!

I think the ork cartoonishness (I don't think that is a word) would work better with the Clint Eastwood, cowboy style long assassin. Sculpting a suit over the awkward ork knees and proportions would be really difficult. The ork models already have lots of details that could be included in a cowboy ork.
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

Sultansean's PLOG Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sultansean's PLOG   Sultansean's PLOG I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 8:00 am

I agree with Narcissus... a cowboy style would allow you to retain some of the Ork wackiness and style. A suit could be done (see my pics above) but I think a crazy cowboy-type would be more fun (and obvious) to look (and recognize) at.
Back to top Go down
sultansean

sultansean

Sultansean's PLOG Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sultansean's PLOG   Sultansean's PLOG I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 20, 2012 6:19 pm

So I'm home from traveling now and managed to finally do some actual work on my Prisoner. He is a Black Reach Ork Nob I have so far added a cowboy hat and spurs and am doing an arm swap so he can have both six guns out and ready to fire.

Sultansean's PLOG 2012+Europe+098

Sultansean's PLOG 2012+Europe+099

Now I have to decide if I want to attempt a poncho or not. I am also thinking that I might do a chaos marine for him to fight since I feel like I am the only one doing a single model on a normal base. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Narcissus

Narcissus

Sultansean's PLOG Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sultansean's PLOG   Sultansean's PLOG I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 20, 2012 7:46 pm

Great work with the hat! I'm impressed. It looks very smooth and fits the character perfectly. I vote yes on the poncho. If you get it wrong, it is easy to pull greenstuff off and try again. I think a poncho will look really cool.

Any plans for the base?
Back to top Go down
sultansean

sultansean

Sultansean's PLOG Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sultansean's PLOG   Sultansean's PLOG I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 20, 2012 8:00 pm

Allright I will give the poncho a go. For the base I'm thinking just sand and maybe a bush, I did make a small snake out of greenstuff but it is pretty ugly.
Back to top Go down
Narcissus

Narcissus

Sultansean's PLOG Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sultansean's PLOG   Sultansean's PLOG I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 20, 2012 8:20 pm

Maybe a cactus? Might be hard to fit though.
Back to top Go down
mudboy

mudboy

Sultansean's PLOG Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sultansean's PLOG   Sultansean's PLOG I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 21, 2012 1:01 pm

The poncho sounds like a great idea!

Clint Orkwood. The angry gunman! Well, gunork maybe...
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

Sultansean's PLOG Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sultansean's PLOG   Sultansean's PLOG I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 22, 2012 7:04 pm

PONCHO!

A small cactus (or couple of cacti) would be cool on the base. They should not be hard to make with GS...

Sultansean's PLOG Cacti3
Sultansean's PLOG Prickly-pear-cactus-1

Just be careful... Just Kidding
Sultansean's PLOG Cactus-accident
Back to top Go down
sultansean

sultansean

Sultansean's PLOG Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sultansean's PLOG   Sultansean's PLOG I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 23, 2012 12:33 am

Oh god that last picture makes me cringe. I've met that particular type of cacti before. They look like they would be easy to pick up and throw at your brother without them sticking to your hand.....

The outlaw Orksy Wales now has a poncho to go with his hat. It came out ok actually after a couple of tries. The problem with an ork nob on a small base is that there is very little room left except for his feet. We will see if I can come up with something.
Back to top Go down
Narcissus

Narcissus

Sultansean's PLOG Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sultansean's PLOG   Sultansean's PLOG I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 23, 2012 12:48 am

You could create a little display base for him to sit on... Maybe a nice 60mm base that the 25 mm base fits into a recess in. Maybe a little cactus, a sign, etc.?

PS-pictures!
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

Sultansean's PLOG Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sultansean's PLOG   Sultansean's PLOG I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 23, 2012 5:46 am

Narcissus is right... make a small diorama in a 60mm (dreadnought) base so you can stick the 25mm inside. Dozer did that successfully last Prisoner Exchange (check that thread!)

Pics, or didn\'t hap
Back to top Go down
sultansean

sultansean

Sultansean's PLOG Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sultansean's PLOG   Sultansean's PLOG I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 31, 2012 6:05 pm

First Paint! on the Cow Ork with some heavy inspiration from Clint. I tried to do faded jeans which turned out ok and I highlighted the Orks skin more than I have done prievously and I think It looks not bad. Still more work to do but you can get the overall picture any suggestions will of course be taken into consideration. Also sorry for the pics being sideways can't figure out how to change them so you will just have to tilt your heads.

Sultansean's PLOG P3240106

Sultansean's PLOG P3310109Sultansean's PLOG P3310108
Back to top Go down
Narcissus

Narcissus

Sultansean's PLOG Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sultansean's PLOG   Sultansean's PLOG I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 31, 2012 6:27 pm

Nice sculpting on the cloak! Looks really good. I like the folds in the fabric. The painting looks good too. Just needs some washes. The highlighting on the skin looks really good.
Back to top Go down
Arachas

Arachas

Sultansean's PLOG Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sultansean's PLOG   Sultansean's PLOG I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 01, 2012 4:43 am

Very cool, apart from the poncho I also like the hat. Nice work!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Sultansean's PLOG Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sultansean's PLOG   Sultansean's PLOG I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sultansean's PLOG
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next