Death Squads Game Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Official Community of the Fan-Made 40k Skirmish Wargame Death Squads!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Greetings from Australia

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Wenemun

Greetings from Australia Empty
PostSubject: Greetings from Australia   Greetings from Australia I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2012 12:13 am

Hi Everyone,

I'm Wenemun, I’m 28, and I’ve been gaming for about 15 years, Over that time I’ve
accumulated 6 WH40k armies, 2 Warhammer armies, 3 huge Necromunda gangs, 3 huge
(or 7 regular, depending on how you look at it) Mordheim warbands, and lately I’ve
been getting into infinity. I am huge on modelling, converting, sculpting and
over the last year or so have been getting into casting my own.

My 40k loves are Slaanesh, Arbites and Genestealer cults.

I've played in a dozen necro campaigns, and half a dozen Mordheim ones, and run
a few of each. I love developing fair and even house lists to give players the
most fun they can get out of a game.

About a year ago, i had an idea to develop a modular 40k Chaos cults Necro
campaign, based on capturing different types of land (using Hex's as markers).
There will be structures on it, (Birthing pit, armoury, Fortress, Airstrip and
Forge etc) The things you build on it modify what you have access to, depending
on your race. ie an armoury gives you hellguns, a forge gives you carapace
armour, airstrip; drop chutes, birthing pit; ++classified++. etc.

But then i wanted to add other races to it, and realised that id need to
develop a whole new system, and put the idea on the backburner.

This game is what i need to continue, and I’m going to use these rules to
continue to plan the campaign. There are a few people that are bummed out that
there are no SM rules though, and one thing I don’t want to see is just a whole
bunch of Chaos warbands, and no imperial forces.

I'm part of a large (20+) gaming group, of "older" people, and most
of us are 25-35ish (We play everything from board games, RPGs, War games, Skirmish
games). We meet every Sunday and play geeky things until our eyes fall out
(Around midnight for myself, but many have been known to go well into Monday
and beyond) I’ve been drumming up interest for Death squads over the last few
months, and have about 6 players who i know are dedicated, old hat necro
players (Have been playing with them for years) and already have armies together
and another 5 or so who are quite interested. (I'll get them to join up, hopefully over the next few weeks.)

Anyway, Once we've all got a few games under our belts, i would love to do some
play testing/rules dev for this project, as i think it is phenomenal.
Also, when i read through the rules, i circled all the typos (I printed and
bound it), and grammatical mistakes (Couldn't help it, sorry, there were just
so many).

Anyway, good to meet you all, and i will be posting content really soon
Back to top Go down
Gatlag Stonetooth

Gatlag Stonetooth

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Australia   Greetings from Australia I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2012 5:21 am

Welcome aboard Wenemun! Looks like you've been a busy hobbyist so far! Smile
I'm sure someone with your experience will definately like DS!
So enjoy your stay here! Smile
Back to top Go down
Da Bank

Da Bank

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Australia   Greetings from Australia I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2012 7:37 am

Wenemun

Welcome!

Great to have you aboard.
Back to top Go down
Colonel Prius

Colonel Prius

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Australia   Greetings from Australia I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2012 7:56 am

Welcome! Great to see another gaming group picking up DS. We are always working on new versions for the rulebook and new squads, so eventually Marines will be coming and spelling mistakes will be corrected (although seeing as Mord writes the book, there will be plenty of spelling mistakes to replace the ones fixed Just Kidding). You'll find we all love pictures of anything you guys make, and love battle reports as well!

Once again, welcome.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ussaeon.co.cc
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Australia   Greetings from Australia I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2012 8:11 am

Salute Welcome Brother Wenemun!!! Salute

Welcome to Death Squads! It is an HONOR to have you around. I think that :DS has a lot to offer you, as well as you have to it! We are always looking for good people. As you know, this is a community project... we just happen to follow a structure! This is a never ending labor of love. We are in NO WAY OR FORM finished (which may be good or bad... depending on your point of view! Just Kidding ) As this is our hobby (and not our job... stupid bills to pay!) the work is pushed in bursts. We get there... it just takes time.

As you explore the forum, you may find all the threads regarding spelling/grammatical/editing suggestions/corrections. Lots of stuff has been checked and corrected... much more to follow. If you feel the urge (and I hope you do!) to post on that subject, PLEASE do so! Very Happy I suggest you check some of dumdeedum's posts... he got the format that is best for me to edit TLRB. I have not seen many suggestions on Volume 3 (Squads)... so you may find that many of the suggestions you present from there will be indeed new. Just a thought. If you ever decide to join the Staff as a Proof-Reader, we can work on getting you a copy of the unpublished TLRB that would make your life easier.

Talking about joining the Staff... it is NOT hard to do. Check out this thread. NO... we are NOT an elitist group (us vs. them)!!! Instead, we are a community. If YOU decide that you want to put the SAME amount of time and energy into our Project as some of the crazy the people in the Staff (hehehe... as me... HAHAHA!) then you are considered and treated as an equal. We don't care that you just found the project now, instead of almost 4 years ago when we started. We feed on each other energy's... and anyone's who is willing, excited and motivated to push us along... WELCOME! HA!

As you read, to join the Staff you just need to have read the rules and played games with the rules AS WRITTEN. If you want to make your own blend... it is fine. Make sure you send me a link to your site so I can read on your adventures. If you want to work on the project (credits and all)... then you work to change the game and make it better for EVERYONE. After you have published a Battle Report (with pics... we LOVE pics!), asked/answered some questions/suggestions and engage in the community... you would be ready to join the Staff. As easy as the requirements seem to be, not many can make it that far.

Having a steady group like yours would mean that you get ALSO to test stuff (Squads, items, rules, etc.) with them. Your group could become Play-Testers (if they want) and would contribute through you to make the game better.

Once thing that concerned me (I believe I miss understood you)... Death Squads has LOTS of Imperial Forces, in terms of the Imperial Guard Regional Platoons (I believe 7) while Chaos has the Renegades and Chaos Cultists (which you could argue you can have 6 major types). Add to the mix Eldar, Orks and Kroot (which some could argue are divided in 5 groups)... you have a game in 'mid development' with at least 18 Squads. Yes... MORE are on the way. Astartes will appear... in due time. The math to make them work properly is tricky and writing them all down takes time. Think is you put a 'gang' of 7 Space Marines in Necromunda.... Cheese We MUST do them right.

Currently the Arbites are done (waiting for some changes to Core Rules) and the Tau are well under way (waiting on the same changes). So... all in due time!

For now... you talk big about having armies and models. Hmmm... Pics, or didn\'t hap Open some threads... show off your art!

Ohhh... WELCOME HOME! Salute
Back to top Go down
http://www.DeathSquadsGame.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Australia   Greetings from Australia I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Greetings from Australia
Page 1 of 1