Death Squads Game Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Official Community of the Fan-Made 40k Skirmish Wargame Death Squads!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Greetings et cetera

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
lakedaimonioi

lakedaimonioi

Greetings et cetera Empty
PostSubject: Greetings et cetera   Greetings et cetera I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 10, 2012 10:50 pm

Hi everyone,

Gee, what do I say about myself?

I played a fair bit of Rogue Trader and quite a lot of 2nd ed. 40k back in the day, as well as lots of Necromunda and a little Mordheim (I'm generally less interested in fantasy as a genre, and even more so when the fantasy is particularly generic). I also ran a fairly long running skirmish campaign based on the RT/2ed mechanics set on the Squat Homeworlds during the Age of Wars, for a small group (5-6 regular players).

Not long before 3rd ed. was released all my 40k stuff was stolen. The demoralisation of having to start over combined with some of the fundamental changes to the ruleset in 3ed. reducing my enjoyment of the game substantially in the early games I played of it (and I say this with a full appreciation of the problems inherent in 2ed. that needed addressing) as well as other priorities in my life coming to the fore, meant I didn't really get back into the game.

I did stick with Necromunda though, and tried a few times to get other 40k universe skirmish campaigns off the ground, though none of them had much traction. These days I tend to convert and paint a lot of miniatures, but don't game with them much. I do a lot of boardgaming and roleplaying, so those itches get scratced elsewhere. I'm currently building a Legio Cybernetica force, but with very little thought to ever actually playing with it.

I've known Wenemun for years, though we traditionally see each other pretty infrequently. We talk about gaming a lot, but apart from a bit of Necromunda, that talk has rarely turned into actual gameplay. Now we're regularly playing in the same campaign of Fantasy Flight's Rogue Trader however, we see each other a lot more often so the momentum of actual games feels like it's getting pretty strong, so we're going to play some Death Squads.

The end.
Back to top Go down
Laney

Laney

PostSubject: Re: Greetings et cetera   Greetings et cetera I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2012 5:05 pm

Welcome to Death Squads!

Legio Cybernetica - sounds cool - any pics?

Any questions, just ask!

Laney:D
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Greetings et cetera   Greetings et cetera I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2012 6:02 pm

Welcome lakedaimonioi!!!

It is cool that you have been around for so long... not so cool that you been lurking that long... 2009!?!?! Shocked HA! Anyway, better late than never! HA!

Anyway, I think you can bring LOTS of great things. We really want to retain lots of that GREAT classic fluff, while keeping up with some of the great aspects of modern 40k (yes... there are some! Just Kidding )

Legio Cybernetica? You better post some pics! Just Kidding Pics, or didn\'t hap
Back to top Go down
http://www.DeathSquadsGame.com
lakedaimonioi

lakedaimonioi

PostSubject: Re: Greetings et cetera   Greetings et cetera I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2012 10:11 pm

Don't worry! I'm not one of those obnoxious older gamers that insists that the old rules were better in every way and trolls every thread on the internet that dares to suggest otherwise. There were quite a few things in the leaked supposed-6ed ruleset that I think look really cool. I don't think RT/2ed were better games than 3+ed, but they were definitely different games, and in a general sense better represent the kind of game that I am personally interested in playing (they were certainly designed with skirmish-level play in mind more than later editions were).

I don't have any pics of my Legio Cybernetica yet; I'll see what I can do about getting some.
Back to top Go down
Narcissus

Narcissus

PostSubject: Re: Greetings et cetera   Greetings et cetera I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 1:52 am

Welcome to the forums. It's a very friendly place with lots of cool things going on. Death squads definitely has lots of room for personalized forces and adding lots of detail and character to a squad.

I like your comparisons with older editions of 40k. Like you, I really like skirmish scale conflicts and troops over tanks.
Back to top Go down
http://rustandthecity.blogspot.com/
lakedaimonioi

lakedaimonioi

PostSubject: Re: Greetings et cetera   Greetings et cetera I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 3:46 am

I put some pics of my Legio Cybernetica up over in the Warhammer 40k thread. LINK
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Greetings et cetera   Greetings et cetera I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 8:24 am

The Legio is WAY cooler that I imagine. Thanks!
Back to top Go down
http://www.DeathSquadsGame.com
Gatlag Stonetooth

Gatlag Stonetooth

PostSubject: Re: Greetings et cetera   Greetings et cetera I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 9:29 am

Welcome aboard lakedaimonioi! Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Greetings et cetera   Greetings et cetera I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Greetings et cetera
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Death Squads Game Forums :: Forum General Information :: Welcome Mat-
Jump to: