Death Squads Game Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Official Community of the Fan-Made 40k Skirmish Wargame Death Squads!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What happened to the Predator?!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Weird WWII

Weird WWII

What happened to the Predator?! Empty
PostSubject: What happened to the Predator?!   What happened to the Predator?! I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 28, 2012 9:23 pm

When did the Space Marine's Predator tank lose its troop carrying ability?! I remember these things being like a futuristic M3 Bradley with its autocannon and complement of troops. Remember pulling up my Preds and dismounting my Battle Squads as its autocannon lascannons laid down some woop ass.

Think I'll keep it the old way anyway,
Brian

What happened to the Predator?! M1252433_99120101016_SMPredatormain_445x319
Back to top Go down
http://www.weirdwwii.com/
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: What happened to the Predator?!   What happened to the Predator?! I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 28, 2012 11:49 pm

Heheheh... there are three "types" of vehicles on this "weight" division.

1) Rhino: Rhino armoured troop carriers are the mainstay of every Space Marine Chapter's vehicle pool. With an optimal balance of armour, transport capacity and manoeuvrability, the Rhino allows the Space Marine to swiftly redeploy, rush squads into positions of strategic advantage or conduct surgical strikes on the enemy line.
Quote :
The Rhino is a tracked armoured troop produced by the Imperium of Man, its use entrusted to only the most loyal of soldiers: the Space Marines, Sisters of Battle, Adeptus Arbites and the Inquisition. However, the Rhino is also used by their enemies the Chaos Space Marines, having either stolen or taken their Rhinos with them when they rebelled against the Emperor. The Rhino's versatile design has allowed the development (mostly through the rediscovery of STC designs) of several variants, each fulfilling a different tactical role. Popular variants are the Razorback, Predator, Whirlwind and Immolator.
What happened to the Predator?! M1252439_99120101017_SMRhinomain_873x627

2) Razorback: The Razorback is heavily armed variant of the Rhino troop transport that sacrifices a portion of its transport capacity for turret-mounted armament, normally a twin-linked lascannon or heavy bolter.
Quote :
The Razorback is a tracked, armoured vehicle used by Space Marine Chapters. Its design is based on the Rhino chassis and as such is quite easy to manufacture, sharing many of its design features. It is sometimes favoured over the Rhino because of its superior firepower, although this comes at the cost of transport space. Because the rediscovery of the design occurred after the Horus Heresy, the Traitor Legions do not field Razorbacks.
What happened to the Predator?! M1252444_99120101020_SMrazorbackmian_873x627

3) Predator: The Predator is the main battle tank of the Space Marines. Based upon the Rhino chassis, the Predator sacrifices transport capacity for improved frontal armour and heavy turret-mounted armament. The result is a well-armed and mobile tank, equally capable of holding ground or spearheading armoured assaults into the most heavily defended of enemy territory.
Quote :
The Predator is a battle tank employed by the Space Marines. It is a more heavily armed and armoured version of the Space Marine Rhino personnel carrier. There are two major patterns of Predator, each differing essentially in their specific weaponry.
What happened to the Predator?! M1252434_99120101016_SMPredatormain_873x627

As 40k (game) evolved, they designed one main body type (Rhino) that could be modified to fit other roles. Not only a Razorback and a Predator could be converted by adding few parts, but also a Vindicator and a Whirlwind.

A Vindicator
What happened to the Predator?! M1252544_99120101058_SMVindicatormain_873x627

A Whirlwind
What happened to the Predator?! M1252479_99120101031_SMWhirlwindmain_873x627

As far as I know, even back in Rogue Trader the Predator never could carry troops... only the Rhino could.
Back to top Go down
http://www.DeathSquadsGame.com
Weird WWII

Weird WWII

PostSubject: Re: What happened to the Predator?!   What happened to the Predator?! I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 29, 2012 7:19 am

Looks like the Razorback became a troop-carrying Predator. Below is a blast from the past for some and something new to some of ya, Rick Priestly's original rules for the Predator tank. Although it couldn't take on a full squad, the Pred could take up to 5 passengers if it needed to.

Looks like the Rhino has come a long way,
Brian

What happened to the Predator?! Pred1

What happened to the Predator?! Pred2
Back to top Go down
http://www.weirdwwii.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What happened to the Predator?!   What happened to the Predator?! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What happened to the Predator?!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Death Squads Game Forums :: Other War Games :: Warhammer 40k-
Jump to: