Death Squads Game Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Official Community of the Fan-Made 40k Skirmish Wargame Death Squads!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Future War Commander

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Lord GreyWolf

Lord GreyWolf

Future War Commander  Empty
PostSubject: Future War Commander    Future War Commander  I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2012 4:01 pm

Ok Since I have been getting my Germans and Soviets ready for Blitzkrieg Commander II I have been looking at getting into their sci-fi rule set Future War Commander. Its a great excuse to use up all of your old Epic 40k gear and have a crack at a GREAT system

Well I had a spare ork infantry sprue so I bought some off Ebay, some more tanks etc and soon realised I had enough grunts to make two ork armies so with this new concept in hand I have no decided to make two feuding ork armies.

The Tech orks [aka the Empire] fighting the Feral Orks [aka the Rebels] I may paint up one side as Storm troopers with a Darth Vader as an HQ while having a Emperor type guy as well. This is going to be fun. For the Feral versions I am ordering som of the dinos from Microworld.

Microworld

I also had three spare Stukas [my BKCII late war Germans couldn't use them] and two He 129B's bombers [I could only use 1 for my BKCII Germans] so I got some bitz and kits and bashed out two Ork Bombers and two Ork fighter-bombers. Just need something to make three Ork fighters.

I am going to be using Airships for the Feral Orks, I got two small airships for bombers, and another two larger ones to be used as Landas not sure what I am going to use as fighters maybe some kind of Bi-plane and possibly MiG 15 for the tech orcs.

will post pics of my Converted planes soon.

Cheers
LGW
Back to top Go down
Dysturbed

Dysturbed

PostSubject: Re: Future War Commander    Future War Commander  I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2012 4:35 pm

I wish those where 28mm id have a Exodite squad.
Back to top Go down
Lord GreyWolf

Lord GreyWolf

PostSubject: Re: Future War Commander    Future War Commander  I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2012 4:50 pm

Dysturbed wrote:
I wish those where 28mm id have a Exodite squad.

if you purchase the Future War Commander rule book in the back of that book there is a set of Rules for 28mm Skirmish game that you can use to play what ever minis you have.

I'll be looking into it eventually.

LGW

Rule books BKCII,CWC,FWC
Back to top Go down
Lord GreyWolf

Lord GreyWolf

PostSubject: Re: Future War Commander    Future War Commander  I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 3:24 am

I am trying to sort out my Ork forces [Empire and Rebels]

the Empire will be Red
the Rebels will be Blue

but I need to balance out the forces and not sure which of these troops would fit into which camp:

19x Stormboyz
33x Nobz
94x Orkboyz/Madboyz
57x Grotz
19x Kommandos
9x Wartraks
9x Boarboyz
3x Shokk attack Gun
8x ork heavy weapons auto-cannon
10x ork heavy weapon missile launcher
12x Gunwagens
6x battlewagens
3x Stompas
1x Slasher Gargant
1x Mega Gargant

so what I need is help which side gets what?

For the Empire I have these made so far:

2x Ork Bomber
3x Ork Bomber-fighter
1x Landa

The "Empire" would have ALL of the Gunwagens and Battlewagens. As I have alternate types of vehicles for the "Rebels"

its just what mix I need to flesh out the forces. each side will need 6 grotz stands each and Eighteen Boyz/Madboyz stands.
the rest is for flavour and fun. The Kommandos seem destined for the Rebels. Most of the Nobz would be for the Empire with a few stands supporting the Rebels. Also the Boarboys will be for the Rebels and Wartraks for the Empire....

What do you lot think?

LGW
Back to top Go down
Lord GreyWolf

Lord GreyWolf

PostSubject: Re: Future War Commander    Future War Commander  I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 6:38 am

Ork Bomberz
Future War Commander  1008102e

Ork Bomberz Undercarriage
Future War Commander  1008105r

Ork Bomberz before and after. what happens when orks get their hands on a Hs 129B bomber.
Future War Commander  1008106t

Ork Fighter-Bomberz aka Da Stukarz
Future War Commander  1008108

Ork Landa
Future War Commander  1008112a

Still got to figure out how to base them but I am happy with the kit bashing today.

Cheers
LGW
Back to top Go down
Lord GreyWolf

Lord GreyWolf

PostSubject: Re: Future War Commander    Future War Commander  I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2012 5:34 am

mmmmm no one likes my planes???? Embarassed Shocked No affraid scratch Crying or Very sad Mad Rolling Eyes Sad Sad Sad Evil or Very Mad

LGW
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Future War Commander    Future War Commander  I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2012 8:11 am

I do , I do, I do!!!!

Sorry I missed the thread. Embarassed Those are quite the conversions. LOVE the pic with the before and after. In terms of paint, try this...

1. Base DARK Red.
  2. Paint engines Black.
  3. Paint some parts of the plane (mismatch) bright Red
  4. Drybrush engines (and few mismatch parts of the plane) Metal.
  5. Paint glass White.
  6. Wash glass Blue (loved what you did there!)
  7. Wash model Brown/Sepia (same effect as dipping)

The overall effect should be a mismatch of metal plates with different shades of red (like they are trying). Few WAAAGH!s (or scribbles) in yellow would be nice too!

Anyway... the work is absurdly cool! Thumbs Up
Back to top Go down
http://www.DeathSquadsGame.com
Lord GreyWolf

Lord GreyWolf

PostSubject: Re: Future War Commander    Future War Commander  I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2012 6:10 pm

here are some Dystopian war Airshipps I intend to use for my Ork clans in FCW

Future War Commander  1008189

I got two packs of the Big one and only one of the smaller packs.

Size Comparison of my Ork Fighter-bomber and Bomber next to the large one which will end up being a LANDA:

Future War Commander  1008190h

and here is my Orc Bomber compared to the samller Aiship which will be my Ork clans version of a Bomber:

Future War Commander  1008192

Only issue I have is the Big airship has alot of guns down its length and bomb bays on its belly... either I'll cover these or use the bomb bays as drop hatches for the Drop troops.

I am going to tailor make each faction to a Land or Air themed one. Eg the Rebels will get the Komado troops and Rocketpack boyz will the Imperiel troops will have a heap of Brutes and basic orks.

Will post more pics as I get through this Project.

Cheers
LGW
Back to top Go down
Lord GreyWolf

Lord GreyWolf

PostSubject: Re: Future War Commander    Future War Commander  I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2012 6:37 am

I have started doing some more work on FWC Orks so here is the first of my creations:

Squiggoths:
Future War Commander  1008387q

Future War Commander  1008386j

Made from $0.50NZD plastic kids Dinosaurs, and some spare bitz.

I also need some advice I created some planes for one of the Ork armies and got some Airships. but just not sure on the size and scale is correct?

Future War Commander  1008393

I made these planes to be the Ork bombers and the Large Airship to be a Heavy Landa but with its cool bomb bays and many guns I am thinking of using it for a Bomber and turning the Bombers into Fighter-Bombers.

would this be a viable option?

and was looking at using these planes as Fighters and the smaller Airships as Fighter Bombers.

Future War Commander  1008388r

What do you guys think?

Cheers
LGW

Back to top Go down
Lord GreyWolf

Lord GreyWolf

PostSubject: Re: Future War Commander    Future War Commander  I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2012 4:57 pm

Update:

The two forces originally were going to be pretty much balanced but after some thought I've decided to off set the armies.

For example the Orks of the Red Faction will have more Brutes, a Mega Gargant, More Stormboyz, Squiggoth,less Grunts,

While the Blue Faction only has a Supa Stompa, 3 mini Stompas, a decent Airforce [two Fighter-bombers, and three Fighters] More grunts,

The planet they are fighting over is an Ice World as I have a container of Snow flock waiting to be used.

Also found these guys have no idea how I missed them. I now have my Fighters:
Future War Commander  SPGDWPE17

Also will use this as my Landa it will be the same size as the Bomber but should be all good.

Future War Commander  SPGDWFS14

Cheers
LGW
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Future War Commander    Future War Commander  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Future War Commander
Page 1 of 1