Death Squads Game Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Official Community of the Fan-Made 40k Skirmish Wargame Death Squads!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

need help with my steel legion

Go down 
+2
Arachas
INQUISITOR DROGAN
6 posters
AuthorMessage
INQUISITOR DROGAN

need help with my steel legion Empty
PostSubject: need help with my steel legion   need help with my steel legion I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2012 11:16 am

Hey guys, need some help with my steel legion wondering how to do this paint scheme i found IL upload a picture of what i would like let me know if you can help me.

need help with my steel legion Steel_12
Back to top Go down
Arachas

Arachas

PostSubject: Re: need help with my steel legion   need help with my steel legion I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2012 12:10 pm

What exactly do you need help with? Which colours to use? How to build the layers?

I can tell you what I would do. But tell us what you need, first. Smile
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: need help with my steel legion   need help with my steel legion I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2012 1:29 pm

Howdy.. and a nice WELCOME to you!

If you need help with taking pictures (we all do), I would suggest reading the two posts on the Tutorial section. Also, check out Narcisuss RUST & THE CITY blog articles..

http://rustandthecity.blogspot.com/2012/06/budget-miniature-photography-my-tools.html

http://rustandthecity.blogspot.com/2012/06/budget-miniature-photography-effect-of.html

Better pictures always help sharing that hard work!

Help with the model? Looks fine! At least on that photo. You may want to base it... completes the illusion. The color scheme looks great.

Like Arachas said... what you need commenting on?
Back to top Go down
http://www.DeathSquadsGame.com
INQUISITOR DROGAN

PostSubject: Re: need help with my steel legion   need help with my steel legion I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2012 3:18 pm

that was a picture i found i want to try and make it look somewhat like that

Arachas wrote:
What exactly do you need help with? Which colours to use? How to build the layers?

I can tell you what I would do. But tell us what you need, first. Smile

i need to perfect the color scheme i want it to look somewhat like it is in that picture(not my picture i posted i found it) it would be great if you could healp me
Back to top Go down
Laney

Laney

PostSubject: Re: need help with my steel legion   need help with my steel legion I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2012 3:30 pm

It's one of DoZers. I don't know his recipe, but I would reckon on...

Black Undercoat. Blue (Blue-Grey) Coat - The Fang (Fenris Grey), maybe highlighted with Fenrisian Grey (Space Wolves Grey), followed by a blue or black wash. Brown leather - Rhinox hide (Scorched Brown), Mournfang Brown (Calthan Brown). Metal and Black as usual.

Cheers Laney
Back to top Go down
Dysturbed

Dysturbed

PostSubject: Re: need help with my steel legion   need help with my steel legion I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2012 4:26 pm

medium - dark leather would help break up the details.
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: need help with my steel legion   need help with my steel legion I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2012 5:51 pm

I knew it was Dozer's! Looked very similar. Just Kidding PM Dozer... he will give you the scoop!

PS: Please avoid double-posting. Just click EDIT on your post and add comments.

Back to top Go down
DoZer

DoZer

PostSubject: Re: need help with my steel legion   need help with my steel legion I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 12, 2012 10:56 am

So I saw Inq. Drogans PM and figured I would post on here so all could see the scheme. Also, you guys make it far to complicated.....keep it simple, makes it easy to paint as its only a handful of colors and it makes painting fast.

Scheme: Black undercoat, Reaper Master Series Snow Shadow, Black Wash, Snow Shadow on raised portions of coat.

Leathers: Pouches are GW Bestial Brown (which I think is now OOP). Rigging and straps Snakebite Leather (which is also OOP).

Guns are boltgun metal and black, with black wash.

Boom....done..... easy scheme to repeat.
Back to top Go down
Arachas

Arachas

PostSubject: Re: need help with my steel legion   need help with my steel legion I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 12, 2012 12:23 pm

Wait... DoZer still reads this forum?

need help with my steel legion 24778712
Back to top Go down
INQUISITOR DROGAN

PostSubject: Re: need help with my steel legion   need help with my steel legion I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 12, 2012 3:03 pm

DoZer wrote:
So I saw Inq. Drogans PM and figured I would post on here so all could see the scheme. Also, you guys make it far to complicated.....keep it simple, makes it easy to paint as its only a handful of colors and it makes painting fast.

Scheme: Black undercoat, Reaper Master Series Snow Shadow, Black Wash, Snow Shadow on raised portions of coat.

Leathers: Pouches are GW Bestial Brown (which I think is now OOP). Rigging and straps Snakebite Leather (which is also OOP).

Guns are boltgun metal and black, with black wash.

Boom....done..... easy scheme to repeat.

thanks man

=================================== Mad ===================================

EDIT #1

thanks guys for the responds

=================================== Mad ===================================

EDIT #2

is there an alternative to reaper snow shadow and maybe a gw paint instead
Back to top Go down
DoZer

DoZer

PostSubject: Re: need help with my steel legion   need help with my steel legion I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 13, 2012 8:11 am

Fenrisian Grey is a pretty close alternative. I however have a special hatred for GW paints and have slowly worked my collection over to reaper paints.
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: need help with my steel legion   need help with my steel legion I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 14, 2012 6:22 pm

@ INQUISITOR DROGAN: Please, do not post several times in a row. Just EDIT your last post. Multiple postings just make the thread long and unreadable. I have edited all your postings.

Thank you for your cooperation.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: need help with my steel legion   need help with my steel legion I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

need help with my steel legion
Page 1 of 1