Death Squads Game Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Official Community of the Fan-Made 40k Skirmish Wargame Death Squads!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Hired Gun troubles

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Arachas

Arachas

Hired Gun troubles Empty
PostSubject: Hired Gun troubles   Hired Gun troubles I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 13, 2012 5:51 am

Hi guys,

So after my last game, I ended up rolled a triple 6: Returning A Favor! Which means I get to pick a free Hired Gun for the next game... niiice.

My new Cadian squad has two games under its belt, though I've lost both. Two of my members already have impeding handicaps: my CO and a SGT have an old battle scar (-1 S) and the other SGT lost a leg due to a failed diving charge (FAIL!). Considering these factors I'm leaning towards going heavily shooty, to avoid having to use that low S.

My question to you is: which Hired Gun would you add? Would you try and complement and take a really shooty one? Or rather compensate and take a CC monster? My first thoughts were either the Karskin Sergeant (since I run a Cadian squad, fluffy and looks like a real good addition) or the Commissar (two reasons: cool rules AND I get to use mudboy's Commissar model that he sent me for the Prisoner Exchange).

Did I miss a good one? What would you do?
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

Hired Gun troubles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hired Gun troubles   Hired Gun troubles I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2012 1:20 pm

Karskin Sergeant... all the way! He is ubber cool and has great gear. The Recruit Cost was waived (Returning A Favor!) so it is just upkeep. Firepower baby!
Back to top Go down
http://www.DeathSquadsGame.com
skavenslayer

skavenslayer

Hired Gun troubles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hired Gun troubles   Hired Gun troubles I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 16, 2012 1:21 am

You got the cool Commissar from Mudboy, then use him Very Happy

Other then that I really like the look for the Demolition Expert, he can help you controle the map, helping with your handicap guys Very Happy

-Skavenslayer
Back to top Go down
Laney

Laney

Hired Gun troubles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hired Gun troubles   Hired Gun troubles I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 16, 2012 1:50 am

The Kasrkin Sergeant seems like a safe choice and can bolster your firing line (which sounds like how you are going to play the next game).

Of course, with a one-off free hired gun - he could be used to hold the line (and keep your other guys out of trouble while they fire on Sturmm) and if he dies - no loss to you.

Laney:D
Back to top Go down
Arachas

Arachas

Hired Gun troubles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hired Gun troubles   Hired Gun troubles I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 16, 2012 5:20 am

Laney wrote:
Of course, with a one-off free hired gun - he could be used to hold the line (and keep your other guys out of trouble while they fire on Sturmm) and if he dies - no loss to you.

I'm playing Sturmm again on the 26th... this time... HE NEEDS TO GO DOWN! I've never lost this many games in a row! LOL!

I forget: didn't we revise the Commissar? Or is that still in the works?
Back to top Go down
Arachas

Arachas

Hired Gun troubles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hired Gun troubles   Hired Gun troubles I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 21, 2012 11:36 am

Guys?

Leaning towards the Commissar at the moment: I have this awesome model, his stats are great, the commands are cool...

Sure, the Kasrkin Sergeant is a rockhard soldier with his carapace armor... but the hellgun is kind of meh (S3...) and his stats aren't amazing at all (WS3).

What if I just slap some armor on that Commissar?
Back to top Go down
skavenslayer

skavenslayer

Hired Gun troubles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hired Gun troubles   Hired Gun troubles I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 22, 2012 3:45 am

I say choose the Commissar, for the only reason is that you got a great model from Mudboy, that is enough reason for me Very Happy

Cool models will always win, always...

-Skavenslayer
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

Hired Gun troubles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hired Gun troubles   Hired Gun troubles I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2012 5:54 pm

ALSO... it fits the story. Arachas is being demoted, thus the new Squad has a Commissar to make sure Arachas leaves one way or the Skull.... hehehehe

PLAY ASSASSINATION!!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.DeathSquadsGame.com
Sponsored content

Hired Gun troubles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hired Gun troubles   Hired Gun troubles I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hired Gun troubles
Page 1 of 1