Death Squads Game Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Official Community of the Fan-Made 40k Skirmish Wargame Death Squads!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Rare Acquisitions

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
rhuntar

rhuntar

Rare Acquisitions Empty
PostSubject: Rare Acquisitions   Rare Acquisitions I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2013 1:58 am

Rare Acquisitions Kroot002_zps11b6ce3f

I made contact with a gamer on a local board who was attempting to sell off a bunch of Tau and IG models. Turns out he was planning on building some paint storage racks and I was able to cut the lumber out of scrap wood from my work. I got a dozen or so kroot, including a Shaper and 4 hounds, and two IG commanders, one with chainsword and bolt pistol and one with a power fist and lasgun, in exchange for an hour or so of my time cutting the pieces he needed.

I'm super pleased and now have a fourth squad that wants desperately to be painted. I hope to buy a couple sprues of kroot, and maybe tyranid gargoyle wings to try my hand at some conversions, but in the meantime there's enough models to try and play a game with!

Sorry for the rough quick picture via smartphone, but really, its just primer at the moment.

-rhuntar
Back to top Go down
https://twitter.com/Oftheninefinger
Dysturbed

Dysturbed

Rare Acquisitions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rare Acquisitions   Rare Acquisitions I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2013 11:43 am

Hell yeah that's awesome man.
And also nice that you can finally get a game in.

I been trying to get to that point for quite some time as I have to build both of my squads also it's really hard to get to that point when your paying off student loans Sad
Back to top Go down
Gatlag Stonetooth

Gatlag Stonetooth

Rare Acquisitions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rare Acquisitions   Rare Acquisitions I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2013 11:20 am

Quite a catch indeed!
Those are the cool things in life. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Rare Acquisitions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rare Acquisitions   Rare Acquisitions I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rare Acquisitions
Page 1 of 1