Death Squads Game Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Official Community of the Fan-Made 40k Skirmish Wargame Death Squads!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Let's see what we have here...

Go down 
+6
DeafNala
Arachas
Narcissus
Dysturbed
mudboy
Laney
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
DeafNala

DeafNala

Let's see what we have here... - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Let's see what we have here...   Let's see what we have here... - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 23, 2013 9:08 pm

As always some VERY COOL conversions. I really like the Commander's classic pose...the mechanical arm behind the back is a winner. GREAT WORK! Thumbs Up 
Back to top Go down
Laney

Laney

PostSubject: Re: Let's see what we have here...   Let's see what we have here... - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 04, 2013 1:48 am

Thanks Deaf - He's a personal favourite. What I love about those command squad kits is the huge variety of characters I can get out of them. Here's a couple more... (Now I need to do some painting!)

Standard Bearer Saul 'Green' Gills
A veteran stormtrooper with hellgun (converted from cadian sniper rifle, lasgun, cultists autogun and strap taken from a slaanesh icon). Saul wears his respirator on any new planet until he is sure is safe to breathe the air (this is usually the day he is about the ship out from the planet to somewhere new). This tendency follows him witnessing the deaths of his entire squad due to the Abecxian Spore Plague on the planet Marilyn as a result of faulty breathing equipment (Saul's came from an older consignment and filtered out the spores). 
Let's see what we have here... - Page 3 P1010648
Let's see what we have here... - Page 3 P1010649
Let's see what we have here... - Page 3 P1010650

Trooper R'dick Furion
A highly skilled IG infiltrator and assassin who is often assigned to stormtrooper units, though he remains free of usual regimental ties.
Let's see what we have here... - Page 3 P1010651
Let's see what we have here... - Page 3 P1010652
Back to top Go down
Gatlag Stonetooth

Gatlag Stonetooth

PostSubject: Re: Let's see what we have here...   Let's see what we have here... - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 04, 2013 3:33 am

The commander does indeed have a great pose! Sweet model!
I also like the background story of Saul.
Back to top Go down
DeafNala

DeafNala

PostSubject: Re: Let's see what we have here...   Let's see what we have here... - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 04, 2013 8:46 am

The new additions look TERRIFIC...the background pieces add color to the conversions sans the paint. I love all the equipment & details your models sport. GREAT WORK! Thumbs Up
Back to top Go down
Laney

Laney

PostSubject: Re: Let's see what we have here...   Let's see what we have here... - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 13, 2014 2:54 am

Alpha Legion Sleeper Cell!

Since seeing the amazing stuff from Migsula on Dakka Dakka I've wanted to do this...

Alpha Legion Marine (Undivided) - True Scale Chapterhouse kit with converted recon backpack and sniper variant bolter
Let's see what we have here... - Page 3 P1010717

Let's see what we have here... - Page 3 P1010718

I have some other stuff to share on his cadre soon (not sure if I've shared this other guy either).

Thoughts always welcome!
Back to top Go down
Gatlag Stonetooth

Gatlag Stonetooth

PostSubject: Re: Let's see what we have here...   Let's see what we have here... - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 13, 2014 7:57 am

Wow! Making him "truescale" turns him into a real huge mofo! I like it! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
DeafNala

DeafNala

PostSubject: Re: Let's see what we have here...   Let's see what we have here... - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 13, 2014 8:04 am

That is one BIG Dude! He'd never pass the P.E.D. tests for any professional sport. GREAT WORK!   Thumbs Up
Back to top Go down
Laney

Laney

PostSubject: Re: Let's see what we have here...   Let's see what we have here... - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 13, 2014 2:27 pm

Thanks gents - he is big - guardsman height while kneeling - making the arms fits was pretty tricky.

Laney  Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Laney

Laney

PostSubject: Re: Let's see what we have here...   Let's see what we have here... - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 19, 2014 6:12 pm

A little update - lots of WIP on the members of my squad...

My Alpha Legion Marine... Still WIP - lots to do to tidy him up.
Let's see what we have here... - Page 3 P1010719

Let's see what we have here... - Page 3 P1010720

With members of his Legion Cell...

Let's see what we have here... - Page 3 P1010721

Let's see what we have here... - Page 3 P1010722
Back to top Go down
DeafNala

DeafNala

PostSubject: Re: Let's see what we have here...   Let's see what we have here... - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 19, 2014 6:30 pm

VERY NICE! The face is very expressive, the highlights on the armor look great, AND the base is cool.   Thumbs Up
Back to top Go down
Gatlag Stonetooth

Gatlag Stonetooth

PostSubject: Re: Let's see what we have here...   Let's see what we have here... - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 20, 2014 8:12 am

Wow!! Very sweet! Love it!
Back to top Go down
DeafNala

DeafNala

PostSubject: Re: Let's see what we have here...   Let's see what we have here... - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 20, 2014 8:54 am

I got this mental (motion) picture of the Sniper taking aim; the camera pans down the length of the barrel. Finally it reaches the muzzle, which is inches from the target's face...being subject to these visions is one of the more enjoyable parts of senility.   clown 
That aside, the new Lads look TERRIFIC! Your sculpting is quite impressive. GREAT WORK!   Thumbs Up
Back to top Go down
Laney

Laney

PostSubject: Re: Let's see what we have here...   Let's see what we have here... - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 21, 2014 2:57 am

Always appreciated gents. I think an Alpha Legionnaire could probably manage what you just described Deaf! Legion is one of my favourite Horus Heresy books so far (Flight of the Eisenstein a close second). I just need to stay focused long enough to finish them and ten maybe even play a game or two!

On that note, I put I guy together last night (he still needs shoulder pads, some wrapping on the gun and a bed roll (or something) to finish his pack, but you get the idea. The power fist is more likely a bionic - as he is a basic trooper.

Let's see what we have here... - Page 3 P1010723
Let's see what we have here... - Page 3 P1010724
Let's see what we have here... - Page 3 P1010725

Cheers Laney Very Happy
Back to top Go down
DeafNala

DeafNala

PostSubject: Re: Let's see what we have here...   Let's see what we have here... - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 21, 2014 8:12 am

LOOKIN' GOOD! The bionic hand is cool...I was going to suggest you name him Cool Hand Luke; I'm glad I didn't. He has the same innate creepy feel as the rest of the Inquisitorial Crew. GREAT WORK!   Thumbs Up
Back to top Go down
Laney

Laney

PostSubject: Re: Let's see what we have here...   Let's see what we have here... - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 30, 2014 4:13 pm

Well I've had a look at necrons (I went into GW and came out with something other than the paint I went in for! - go figure).

The deathmark kit is very cool, but they all look the same, so here is Deathmark 1 (I've done another, which I like more, but my camera died)...

Let's see what we have here... - Page 3 P1010726
Let's see what we have here... - Page 3 P1010727
Let's see what we have here... - Page 3 P1010728
Let's see what we have here... - Page 3 P1010729
I wanted it to look like his shroud/burial wrappings were coming off.

Cheers Laney  Very Happy
Back to top Go down
DeafNala

DeafNala

PostSubject: Re: Let's see what we have here...   Let's see what we have here... - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 30, 2014 4:44 pm

The Shroud is SPLENDID looking; it really adds to the sinister feel of the mini. AND the base is OUTSTANDING. GREAT CONVERSION WORK!   Thumbs Up 
Back to top Go down
Laney

Laney

PostSubject: Re: Let's see what we have here...   Let's see what we have here... - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 30, 2014 6:44 pm

Thanks Deaf! These models are very cool to work with. Here is Deathmark 2, he's suffered damage to his skull cavity (caused by a bolter shell from a Marine of the Bone Knives Chapter, which remains lodged in his skull), which has resulted in him going insane.

Let's see what we have here... - Page 3 P1010730
Let's see what we have here... - Page 3 P1010731

These two are known as The Twins...

Cheers Laney
Back to top Go down
DeafNala

DeafNala

PostSubject: Re: Let's see what we have here...   Let's see what we have here... - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 30, 2014 7:28 pm

I never thought of Necrons as having a background story. I guess it adds to the Terminator effect. The second one is just as cool, if not more, than the first. Again the sculpting & the base are OUTSTANDING. GREAT WORK!   Thumbs Up
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Let's see what we have here...   Let's see what we have here... - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 30, 2014 9:48 pm

WOW! Really like the torn cape... and nice background.

I don't know who I want to adopt me... you or Deaf. I could use a daddy with awesome modeling skills!

Great job... amazing!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.DeathSquadsGame.com
Gatlag Stonetooth

Gatlag Stonetooth

PostSubject: Re: Let's see what we have here...   Let's see what we have here... - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 31, 2014 5:15 am

Great looking model indeed!
I'm planning to visit the GW this weekend to pick up the new weekly White Dwarf (just to have the first one although I've already read it is crap) and the new Warhammer Visions. For some paint I'll go to my flgs which is a few doors further in the same street. Just Kidding I was also planning to get the Citadel Spray gun as I'm going to do some terrain. But I've read some reviews saying it's pretty bad. Anyone here has experience with it?
Back to top Go down
Narcissus

Narcissus

PostSubject: Re: Let's see what we have here...   Let's see what we have here... - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 08, 2014 4:17 am

Gatlag-I haven't used the citadel spray gun, but my advice would be that if you are going to buy a spray gun, you would be better off buying a cheap dual action airbrush from a reputable brand. You will have much more control and it had the potential to do a lot more different things. I have heard that the spraygun is basically limited to basecoating figures. I use my airbrush all the time for priming, basecoating, highlighting, painting terrain, painting camouflage, and many other things. I would now consider it an indispensable tool.
Back to top Go down
http://rustandthecity.blogspot.com/
Gatlag Stonetooth

Gatlag Stonetooth

PostSubject: Re: Let's see what we have here...   Let's see what we have here... - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 08, 2014 7:00 pm

Thanks for your advice Narcissus. More people say that one's better of buying an airbrush. But somehow It seems like a big step to me..
Back to top Go down
Laney

Laney

PostSubject: Re: Let's see what we have here...   Let's see what we have here... - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 09, 2014 5:09 am

New stormtrooper sergeant Sergeant Elias Renfield of the 1st Stormtrooper Detachment, 14th Tolleshunt Assault Brigade - The Black Berets (We leave the dead in our wake)...
Let's see what we have here... - Page 3 P1010734

Let's see what we have here... - Page 3 P1010735

Cheers Laney  Very Happy  (I fixed the mould lines)
Back to top Go down
Gatlag Stonetooth

Gatlag Stonetooth

PostSubject: Re: Let's see what we have here...   Let's see what we have here... - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 09, 2014 5:46 am

Wow! That's quite a gun! :O
Nice conversion!
Back to top Go down
DeafNala

DeafNala

PostSubject: Re: Let's see what we have here...   Let's see what we have here... - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 09, 2014 9:52 am

COOL CONVERSION! The Lad is armed to the teeth...that's a plus with moi. Enjoy the painting!   Thumbs Up
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Let's see what we have here...   Let's see what we have here... - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Let's see what we have here...
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Death Squads Game Forums :: Death Squads - Community :: Painting & Modeling-
Jump to: