Death Squads Game Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Official Community of the Fan-Made 40k Skirmish Wargame Death Squads!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Hi from Northampton in the UK

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
khephren

Hi from Northampton in the UK Empty
PostSubject: Hi from Northampton in the UK   Hi from Northampton in the UK I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 19, 2013 8:04 am

I've been following the progress of death squads for quite a while, and decided it was time to join the forum. We love the thorough job you guys are doing!

My group and I have been playing wargames since the mid eighties, and 40K since the launch of rogue trader. We laid off for quite a few years, and normally play board games and RPG's on our group nights.

What lured us back in was busting out the old space crusade rules, realising we wanted more complexity, and moving up to Advanced space crusade (which is a lovely skirmish rule set). We've added Tyranids and necrons to Advanced space crusade, and taken it off the boards, and on to terrain and table, but again we are hitting it's limitations.

We wanted to play a game like the tv program 'sharpe' (or Ibrahim Gaunt if you like!) with one 'player character' and a small retinue, all capable of gaining experience and equipment, in a semi RPG environment.

The only reason we have not yet switched over to Death Squads is the lack of Astartes and Xenos, I hope they will come soon!
Back to top Go down
Narcissus

Narcissus

PostSubject: Re: Hi from Northampton in the UK   Hi from Northampton in the UK I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 20, 2013 7:58 pm

Welcome. Hopefully you find what you are looking for here.

Do you have any pictures of your models?
Back to top Go down
http://rustandthecity.blogspot.com/
Gatlag Stonetooth

Gatlag Stonetooth

PostSubject: Re: Hi from Northampton in the UK   Hi from Northampton in the UK I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 22, 2013 3:58 am

Heya! Welcome!
Like Narcissus said: pics please? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Arachas

Arachas

PostSubject: Re: Hi from Northampton in the UK   Hi from Northampton in the UK I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 22, 2013 7:06 am

Welcome to DS!
Back to top Go down
khephren

PostSubject: Re: Hi from Northampton in the UK   Hi from Northampton in the UK I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 22, 2013 3:53 pm

Thanks for the warm welcome.
I've taken some pics of some of our models. I'm no great shakes as a painter or photographer I'm afraid! But I do enjoy painting my mini's, it's so therapeutic.
They are all works in progress, I tend to get them to game ready state, varnish them for play, and work into them later. I have gone off on a tangent though, and been seduced into painting super dungeon explore miniatures. So many mini's...so little time!

As a side note, some of my figures are painted in 'dipping paint' otherwise I would never get many done, I try to paint detail heavy figures properly though.

Hi from Northampton in the UK Tyrani11

Hi from Northampton in the UK Orcs_s13

Hi from Northampton in the UK 2012-011

Hi from Northampton in the UK Termin10

Hi from Northampton in the UK Scouts10

Hi from Northampton in the UK Paints10
Back to top Go down
Gatlag Stonetooth

Gatlag Stonetooth

PostSubject: Re: Hi from Northampton in the UK   Hi from Northampton in the UK I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 22, 2013 4:41 pm

Thanks for the pics! Always nice to see some pics from a hobby fellow. Smile
Nothing wrong with dipping, I'd only try to dullcoat them a bit with some Testors or so. I think they'll look much better then. I've done some dipping experiments in the past and my experience was that after "dulling" them the end result was much more satisfying.
Your orks are my favorites btw! Smile
Back to top Go down
Laney

Laney

PostSubject: Re: Hi from Northampton in the UK   Hi from Northampton in the UK I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 24, 2013 2:44 pm

Some wonderfully old school minis there - the chaos marine with missile launcher has to be my favourite! A matt coat (something like purity seal or humbrol matt spray) would really help to bring out the detail.

Cheers Laney Very Happy
Back to top Go down
khephren

PostSubject: Re: Hi from Northampton in the UK   Hi from Northampton in the UK I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 26, 2013 9:31 am

Laney wrote:
Some wonderfully old school minis there - the chaos marine with missile launcher has to be my favourite! A matt coat (something like purity seal or humbrol matt spray) would really help to bring out the detail.

Cheers Laney Very Happy
I'm going to matte varnish them at a later date, sadly army painter dip gives a gloss finish (my guess is it is some sort of re-branded household wood stain). On the up side, it means they are game ready before they are finished.

I've recruited 3 new recruits to the hobby recently, my two oldest nephews, and a member of our gaming group who had never war gamed/role-played before.
They are all playing, but that last recruit is actively buying figures himself now Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hi from Northampton in the UK   Hi from Northampton in the UK I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hi from Northampton in the UK
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Death Squads Game Forums :: Forum General Information :: Welcome Mat-
Jump to: