Death Squads Game Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Official Community of the Fan-Made 40k Skirmish Wargame Death Squads!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Nurgle Cultist Warband

Go down 
+4
Dysturbed
Gatlag Stonetooth
Laney
Pâtrick The Betrayer
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Pâtrick The Betrayer

Pâtrick The Betrayer

Nurgle Cultist Warband Empty
PostSubject: Nurgle Cultist Warband   Nurgle Cultist Warband I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 30, 2013 2:24 pm

Hello all,

It's my first W.I.P. of my Nurgle Cultists; just the Chaos Space Marine and his 'loyal' side-kick the Aspiring Champion.

Nurgle Cultist Warband NurgleWarband001_zps2b489bfb

As you can see a rather lot of bits of different kits went into these, they were a ton of fun to build  Very Happy 

More will come in some time, I'm currently building up a Skaven army and a Full Thrust fleet so this squad will be build with a fair few delays.

Just one question: will Genestealer Cults make an appearance?
Back to top Go down
Laney

Laney

PostSubject: Re: Nurgle Cultist Warband   Nurgle Cultist Warband I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 31, 2013 5:43 am

We'd love to see genestealer cults make an appearance at some point, but not being looked at currently. The conversions look great. Keep us updated on them.

Cheers Laney  Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Gatlag Stonetooth

Gatlag Stonetooth

PostSubject: Re: Nurgle Cultist Warband   Nurgle Cultist Warband I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 31, 2013 5:53 am

Welcome to the board!
Great conversions indeed! Keep 'em coming! Smile
Back to top Go down
Dysturbed

Dysturbed

PostSubject: Re: Nurgle Cultist Warband   Nurgle Cultist Warband I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 31, 2013 11:55 am

Nice work on the conversions, look forward to seeing more.

"There, feel the glory of necrosis, and rejoice! Nurgle loves you!"
Back to top Go down
Pâtrick The Betrayer

Pâtrick The Betrayer

PostSubject: Re: Nurgle Cultist Warband   Nurgle Cultist Warband I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 01, 2014 3:28 pm

Thanks all for the kind words and the warm welcome  Very Happy 

Got some more mini's done today: A Chosen and a Cultist.

The Chosen was kitbashed from a gazillion parts: old Chaoswarrior legs, Cadian torso, Skaven arms, a Blight head from Heresy miniatures and more besides
The Cultists was simpler: a Dark Vengeance Cultist with a Slaanesh trumpet for its head and a Chaos Marauder flail to replace his lost hand.

Nurgle Cultist Warband NurgleWarband001_zps70ab324e

Nurgle Cultist Warband NurgleWarband002_zpsf605e3a1

Nurgle Cultist Warband NurgleWarband003_zps6ec8e05e

Sorry about the poor quality of the pics but I haven't been paying to much attention to them due to an upcoming illness, it makes me feel quite woozy.
On the other hand, it did gave me some inspiration to build these 2 once I accepted the 'inevitable' so Great Father Nurgle does indeed shed his light on the true believer  LOL 

And all the best for the new year: may your dicerolls be 6's when needed and your brushes bussy as hell  Nurgle

Last edited by Pâtrick The Betrayer on Wed Jan 01, 2014 4:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Pâtrick The Betrayer

Pâtrick The Betrayer

PostSubject: Re: Nurgle Cultist Warband   Nurgle Cultist Warband I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 01, 2014 3:30 pm

I forgot, the bases you see are Urban base inserts from Black Cat wich were gathering dust here.
All models will be kitted out with these  Cool
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Nurgle Cultist Warband   Nurgle Cultist Warband I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 01, 2014 11:22 pm

Pretty cool conversions!

On the original mutations of the Imperial Renegades, we had a snake-like theme. Your Cultist brought back all of that. Thanks for the memory trip.

Ohhh... and welcome, Brother Pâtrick!  Salute
Back to top Go down
http://www.DeathSquadsGame.com
Pâtrick The Betrayer

Pâtrick The Betrayer

PostSubject: Re: Nurgle Cultist Warband   Nurgle Cultist Warband I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 02, 2014 6:42 am

Thanks, if you like the 'Snake' thing then wait till you see what I'm up to for my second Chosen  bounce
Back to top Go down
Pâtrick The Betrayer

Pâtrick The Betrayer

PostSubject: Re: Nurgle Cultist Warband   Nurgle Cultist Warband I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 03, 2014 1:27 pm

Last Cultist for now and again a bunch-o-bitz with some glue all over it  Laughing 

The body was donated by a very old Ork Boy, the arms come from an old Chaos Warrior and a Chaos Marauder, the head from an Empire handgunner and a few spiky bits to top it all off.

Nurgle Cultist Warband 010_zps7c9165ac

Nurgle Cultist Warband 011_zpsa433141c

Nurgle Cultist Warband 012_zps83c82d61

Nurgle Cultist Warband 013_zps1a42ff64

The body for the second Chosen is on order and I'm looking forward to build him.
I'll be happy to have this lot together so I can start painting them  Cool
Back to top Go down
Laney

Laney

PostSubject: Re: Nurgle Cultist Warband   Nurgle Cultist Warband I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 05, 2014 5:38 am

Love the snake guys head - good use of a Dark Vengeance body. The beastman model is cool too - clever use of skaven? arms there. I like the gun on the third one. I'd like to  see some more shots of him to get a better look.

Cheers Laney  Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Arachas

Arachas

PostSubject: Re: Nurgle Cultist Warband   Nurgle Cultist Warband I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 05, 2014 1:38 pm

Really cool stuff. Are you actually in a position to play the game, as well? Smile
Back to top Go down
Pâtrick The Betrayer

Pâtrick The Betrayer

PostSubject: Re: Nurgle Cultist Warband   Nurgle Cultist Warband I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 05, 2014 1:50 pm

Thanks for all the nice comments so far  Very Happy 

Yes Arachas, we're doing a playtest at the end of the month, several clubmembers are bussy tinkering at their warbands.
1 is doing an Imperial Guard team and I suspect 2 Eldar players will make their appearance too.
And as soon as the rules for a Genestealer Cult comes out I'm going for that one too allthough a "Kaptin Blacktoof an' 'is Swashbukklaz" gang is tempting (yes, an all Ork pirate warband  Idea )
Back to top Go down
Pâtrick The Betrayer

Pâtrick The Betrayer

PostSubject: Re: Nurgle Cultist Warband   Nurgle Cultist Warband I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 08, 2014 3:21 pm

Ok lads, last Cultist member for now and the one I've been most keen on doing.
The body comes from the Warhammer Cairn Wraith with a Skaven Warlock arm and a Deamonette claw, the face (I hope he/she/it has one) is hidden behind a visor possibly filled with liquid and was donated by a Killa Kan.
The lower body is actually an arm from an Inquisitor scale Cultist.

Nurgle Cultist Warband NurgleWarband001_zpse64e376f

Nurgle Cultist Warband NurgleWarband002_zpsba15e937

Nurgle Cultist Warband NurgleWarband003_zpsddc04880

Nurgle Cultist Warband NurgleWarband004_zps02b9a816

All they require is some rubbish on the bases and then it's off to the paintingtable  Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Narcissus

Narcissus

PostSubject: Re: Nurgle Cultist Warband   Nurgle Cultist Warband I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 08, 2014 4:59 pm

Very nice. I love all of the gribbly bits. Very nurgly.
Back to top Go down
http://rustandthecity.blogspot.com/
Gatlag Stonetooth

Gatlag Stonetooth

PostSubject: Re: Nurgle Cultist Warband   Nurgle Cultist Warband I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 09, 2014 7:37 am

That last Cultist member is really great! Love the atmosphere of the model! Smile
Back to top Go down
Matt12z

Matt12z

PostSubject: Re: Nurgle Cultist Warband   Nurgle Cultist Warband I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 27, 2014 4:18 am

Lovely use of bits for conversions! Have you had chance to paint many of them up?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nurgle Cultist Warband   Nurgle Cultist Warband I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Nurgle Cultist Warband
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Death Squads Game Forums :: Death Squads - Community :: Painting & Modeling-
Jump to: